Niha's OMAD Journal

Replies

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    You're averaging almost a 2 pound loss per week and that's AWESOME :)
  • mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    Thanks everyone :)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Congrats, you have done really well!
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    WooHooo, very nice loss. You must be feeling so good :)
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    edited September 2017
    Great job Niha - you are doing so well! Nice that you bounced back from your gain (that was hardly a gain at all, really :-) ) the week before... So close to being out of the 170s!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Great job! You're killin it!
  • mikseyniha
    edited September 2017
    Hi Everyone! Couldn't post week 25 update as I am too occupied with work and some renovation at home. Two weeks ago I sprained my left knee while doing squats and jumping jacks so much that its still stiff and swollen. i have no pain though,but I can't fold my leg completely. I am waiting for the blood reports and an xray report to come in this evening. I hope all is well. Meanwhile, i have gained 2 lbs, possibly because of the inflammation and some mindless binging.
  • minigrrll
    Oh no! Sorry about your knee - it totally sucks to be injured... Hope it's nothing serious and that it heals up quickly!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    I knew exercise was dangerous!!! All kidding aside, I hope that you heal fast <3
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Wishes for a speedy recovery babe - I've had major knee injuries myself and they are no joke! Take it easy and don't stress!
  • mikseyniha
    edited September 2017
    Reports are here. Everything is fine except my ESR level. Its 40 while the normal range is 0 to 30..will bw seeing my doc this weekend. Any suggestions? I googled and found that avoiding inflammatory foods ia the key. Will possibly need to cut out carbs as one of the main dietary changes. Anyone experienced this? My knee is really stiff and swollen :(
  • anonuser369
    anonuser369 Posts: 76 Member
    Hope you feel better soon.
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    I hope your inflammation goes down soon! I'm sorry that I don't have any experience with elevated ESR levels, but I tend to include ginger, garlic, and turmeric in my foods more often when I experience sinus inflammation.
  • minigrrll
    Turmeric! I think it's the wonder spice. Seriously. I make my own pills and take a ton of them. I've even started using them instead of painkillers for headaches...
  • minigrrll
    I could actually go on for hours about turmeric. I was diagnosed with OA in my left hip in June and have been taking lots of turmeric ever since. The only time the pain comes back is when I forget to take the turmeric.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3535097/
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Get well soon! Injuries usually do cause some water storage.
  • mikseyniha
    minigrrll wrote: »
    I could actually go on for hours about turmeric. I was diagnosed with OA in my left hip in June and have been taking lots of turmeric ever since. The only time the pain comes back is when I forget to take the turmeric.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3535097/

Thanks Sarah, will try it out!
  • mikseyniha
    Thanks guys..
    I am now going on low carb diet plus more of omega 3 fats.. Will be seeing my doctor too..
  • jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    Make sure to let that knee heal up fully before trying anything strenuous on it. Speaking from experience the last thing you want is to rush back into exercise and have a re occurrence. Good luck
  • mikseyniha
    edited September 2017
    jvcinv wrote: »
    Make sure to let that knee heal up fully before trying anything strenuous on it. Speaking from experience the last thing you want is to rush back into exercise and have a re occurrence. Good luck

Absolutely! Looks like its just a sprained tendon around the knee. The swelling and stiffness is still there but a little bit lesser now. Taking it easy for now. No workout. Just my OMAD. I do have light breakfast to go with my morning dose of meds.