Steph's OMAD Accountability Thread

Replies

• mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    barbheart wrote: »
    Steph so what is your fasting routine right now?...
    you do weekly 48h fasts? or randomly?
    Great pictures of great food choices yummie!
    Monty and Ryu give their thumbs up to you big time!

MOST weeks I do a 72 hour fast from Sunday night to Weds night - depending on the week sometimes I do what I call a "mini fast" on the first night of my ext fast, meaning I just eat 5/2 style (like less than 500 cals) and then a standard fast on the second day. I won't this week because I got really overboard yesterday so I need to flush all this salt etc out of my body LOL.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    I've never tried that and don't think I could last doing it. More power to ya!
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,873 Member
    Just catching up after a long weekend packing!
    I didn't end up having champagne like I planned BUT I did end up having a mushroom risotto with champagne on Sunday that was made for the gods! It hit the SPOT!
    Sandy, LOL! You know, sometimes you really crave fast food and nothing else will do. There have been sometimes where I really, really wanted waffle fries from Chick-fil-A. I would make up a batch at home and it was fine, but not the same! No hate over here!
    Steph, Chinese is always a hit for me. I can eat Chinese everyday and never get tired. Same with Indian!
  • mistymeadows2005
    blambo61 wrote: »

It's not for everyone that's for sure! To each their own o:)o:)o:)
  • mistymeadows2005
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    Just catching up after a long weekend packing!
    I didn't end up having champagne like I planned BUT I did end up having a mushroom risotto with champagne on Sunday that was made for the gods! It hit the SPOT!
    Sandy, LOL! You know, sometimes you really crave fast food and nothing else will do. There have been sometimes where I really, really wanted waffle fries from Chick-fil-A. I would make up a batch at home and it was fine, but not the same! No hate over here!
    Steph, Chinese is always a hit for me. I can eat Chinese everyday and never get tired. Same with Indian!

AGREED! I get sick of Chinese really fast BUT when you're in the mood, nothing else will do it! But Indian? Indian I could easily eat er'ry day!
  • mistymeadows2005
    UPDATE - so I decided to do a "soft" 96 hour "fast" this week LMAO...basically i did a mini-fast yesterday (I call it a mini-fast, but really it's just a SUPER low cal day) with about 80 or so cals and I will do the same tonight and Weds I'll go straight water fast. We'll see if that shakes things up a little. I needed something a little som'thin som'thin to keep 'er going after last week's huge drop so hopefully this does the trick. Weigh in Thursday :)
  • brittdee88
    Good luck with your fast!
  • mistymeadows2005
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    Good luck with your fast!

Thanks Britt! So far so good!
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Good luck with it! I hope it works for you... and if not, at least you tried something different.
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    You are rocking it!! Can't wait to see the results... :)
  • mistymeadows2005
    Good luck with it! I hope it works for you... and if not, at least you tried something different.
    minigrrll wrote: »
    You are rocking it!! Can't wait to see the results... :)

Thanks ladies!

@sammygold2015 agreed! I like changing it up now and again just to see the results...maybe I'll try lowering my daily cals but going straight OMAD sometime in the next month or two...we shall see! :)

@minigrrll Babe, so are you! We're gonna hit our July goals I just feel it!
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    I feel like there is tons of ways to change it up. I am still a newbie to this way of life, I mean I do not consider barely "3" weeks a life change. Once I feel like I need a change, I will be implementing your take of different trials.
  • mistymeadows2005
    I feel like there is tons of ways to change it up. I am still a newbie to this way of life, I mean I do not consider barely "3" weeks a life change. Once I feel like I need a change, I will be implementing your take of different trials.

NICE! Keep up the good work! Have fun with it, and find what works for you....this is forever, babe....get comfy :p
  • minigrrll
    I'm only 1.3 lbs away from 181 now. We can totally do it!! For me it's just that pesky weekend right before the end of the month...
  • mistymeadows2005
    I'm only 1.3 lbs away from 181 now. We can totally do it!! For me it's just that pesky weekend right before the end of the month...

ME TOO! Well 1.4 but still LOL - I feel ya, that's why I pushed my weigh-in back by a day, but I'm not waiting until the end of the month - maybe weigh in Friday?! And then celebrate all weekend ;)
  • minigrrll
    Yeah, I guess that counts right! Friday is my "official" weigh in... And I could conveniently forget to weigh on Monday! Done!
  • mistymeadows2005
    Yeah, I guess that counts right! Friday is my "official" weigh in... And I could conveniently forget to weigh on Monday! Done!

CHECK! Problem solved! :)
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    blambo61 wrote: »

Me neither!!!
  • mistymeadows2005
    Morning guys! Here's my mini fast meal from yesterday:
    yqewwfuumkye.png

Salad with zero cal dressing, pickles, sauerkraut, and mushroom with onions and garlic and crushed red peppers. Finished with some sugar free popsicles and a few cashews (not pictured). Total cals 190.

Weigh in tomorrow - today is a full water fast. PRAY FOR ME...I need 1.4 pounds for July goalllllllllll.

Have a super day OMADers!
  • brittdee88
    Yay, Sarah and Steph! You're so close! I know I am nowhere near my July goal, but I am so happy for you both!
    Also yummmmmm at your meal! Thank you for putting the calories because that really puts things into perspective for me. That looks a lot like one of my pre-moving meals, and it's not even 200 calories! I am going to concentrate on eating more from now on. I am definitely going to calculate next week's meals.