Steph's OMAD Accountability Thread

Replies

• minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Maybe I should start weighing myself more often. I am always so scared to step on the scale if I feel the tiniest bit bloated. Sometime I can go weeks with out weighing just simply because I am scared. I psych myself out for sure.
    The first "symptom" of me gaining weight (other than the fat, obviously) is not weighing daily.

• brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,873 Member
    minigrrll wrote: »
    I weigh daily - I'm actually far too lazy to weigh more often because it would involve me taking my shoes and socks off and then having to put them back on!! I walk on the treadmill on and off all day so I need to be wearing runners... Plus I have to be naked, so the clothes have to come off too!!

If you just spend your days naked like me, it'll help :D
    I never wear clothes in the house. I HATE clothes. I love fashion, but that is the first thing that comes off when I walk in the door. I call them my fabric prison.
  • barbheart
    barbheart Posts: 433 Member
    Steph! wow you are there!!! and Sarah and Sandy wow you girls are reaching your july goals! hurrey!!! Me too actually coz I didnt put a weight expectation as a goal just to carry on Omading which I am no splurge nor cheating and exploring with different types of foods!!!

@brittdee88 you´re funny and its so true! a real prison fabric! some fabrics lower our vibes so much and introduce too much electric energy on us... among other nasties.
  • jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    Maybe I should start weighing myself more often. I am always so scared to step on the scale if I feel the tiniest bit bloated. Sometime I can go weeks with out weighing just simply because I am scared. I psych myself out for sure.
    The first "symptom" of me gaining weight (other than the fat, obviously) is not weighing daily.
    That was the former me as well, stuck my head in the sand and didn't face up to the problem by not weighing myself. Avoiding the disappointment.
    No longer though. I've vowed to keep a daily weigh journal no matter what.
    I call it my "Morning moment of truth".

• brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,873 Member
    Amen to that, @barbheart!
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    I weigh daily - I'm actually far too lazy to weigh more often because it would involve me taking my shoes and socks off and then having to put them back on!! I walk on the treadmill on and off all day so I need to be wearing runners... Plus I have to be naked, so the clothes have to come off too!!

I never wear clothes in the house. I HATE clothes. I love fashion, but that is the first thing that comes off when I walk in the door. I call them my fabric prison.

Britt, in so glad I wasn't drinking coffee or water when reading this because I would have spit all over my phone. I laughed so hard!

I may consider walking around naked after my daughter and her hubby get into their apartment in a month or so. Lol
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    HAHAHAHAH A @brittdee88 I'm the same way, strip down and throw on some shorts and a tank....I also don't understand people who put on clothes on days they don't have to leave the house...what's with that?! LOL...even if I just have to go to the grocery store, I'd be hard pressed to wear anything except some shorts or yoga pants :D:D:D

I SOMETIMES weigh daily...usually just during my fasting days to make sure I'm on track to get back down under where I need to be. I ALWAYS tick up a LOT during my eating days and then come back down and then lose the last of it on the last fasting day/night. This week for instance, I weighed Monday morning at 190.2! Which brings me to my final July weigh-in...

Drum rollllllllllllll

181.6!

Close enough! #ITCOUNTS

30 pounds in 90(ish) days! I'd call that a good jump start :#:#:#

40 or so pounds still to go, but I'm on my way! Here's my charts :)
    qpuwd7k58uap.png

8a0mow6mm7w3.png

To wrap the convo back around Monday morning-190.2, Thurs morning-181.6...so my weight fluxuates HUGELY...weigh in day is the only number I count :)

This weigh in makes for a very happy Stephie :) I hope everyone has a beautiful, blessed day! Love you, ma people!

• jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    edited July 2017
    good job and great trend going on!
    When you have fasting days in the week there will be a much bigger fluctuation high to low within the week.
    I have one fasting day and see a six pound swing. When I did two days it was a bit more.
    Today I weigh 197 but I'm pretty confident that on Sunday morning I'll weigh right about 191.
    You're doing what I do, weigh on the same day each week. Ideally I like to see both of those numbers, high and low, drop roughly in tandem.
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    This weigh in makes for a very happy Stephie :) I hope everyone has a beautiful, blessed day! Love you, ma people!

Happy for you!
  • mistymeadows2005
    jvcinv wrote: »
    good job and great trend going on!
    When you have fasting days in the week there will be a much bigger fluctuation high to low within the week.
    I have one fasting day and see a six pound swing. When I did two days it was a bit more.
    Today I weigh 197 but I'm pretty confident that on Sunday morning I'll weigh right about 191.
    You're doing what I do, weigh on the same day each week. Ideally I like to see both of those numbers, high and low, drop roughly in tandem.

Happy for you!

@jvcinv Yes! That's exactly what I do! I weigh Mondays because generally that's the day I'm coming off of my highest calorie day, and then weds or thurs depending on the week for my "weight loss" weight/number. It works for me, and it's interesting!

@sammygold2015 Thank you so much! It's almost time to put together the August goals thread! o:)
  • wsandy8512
    Stephhhhhhhhh, you did it, you made your July goal! I am beyond happy for you. You have kicked some major *kitten* as far as shedding weight.

My weight does the same with extreme fluctuations, I weighed 191 at one point in July and that was after I hit 183. lol Did not have the gain after my 72 hour fast, maybe I lucked out this time, I kept all of it off and then some. My official weigh-in isn't until tomorrow, but I don't see weight suddenly spiking--cuz you know darn well I will be extra cautious about what foods I eat on the day before a weigh in. lol
  • mistymeadows2005
    wsandy8512 wrote: »
    Stephhhhhhhhh, you did it, you made your July goal! I am beyond happy for you. You have kicked some major *kitten* as far as shedding weight.

My weight does the same with extreme fluctuations, I weighed 191 at one point in July and that was after I hit 183. lol Did not have the gain after my 72 hour fast, maybe I lucked out this time, I kept all of it off and then some. My official weigh-in isn't until tomorrow, but I don't see weight suddenly spiking--cuz you know darn well I will be extra cautious about what foods I eat on the day before a weigh in. lol

Thanks babe! You too! WE DID ITTTTTTTT!!! Super excited 'cause it was a LOFTY goal for me! And ditto! I always weigh after a fast day for that exact reason :p
  • mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    Awesome results Steph! Congratulations :smiley: you'll be under 180 by July end I am sure!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mikseyniha wrote: »
    Awesome results Steph! Congratulations :smiley: you'll be under 180 by July end I am sure!

Here's hoping! I won't be weighing again until the 3rd, but I'm hoping for 170-something then :) Gotta think on my August goal...I'm thinking 175. That'd be alot for the weight I'm at BUT it would put me at the lowest weight I've been since right before I met my significant other. He's always been about getting healthy (he's at a healthy weight, though he would tell you he needs to lose LOL) and now he's like "DON'T GET TOO SKINNY!!!!" hahahahah - I'm like babe...40 more pounds to go, I think we're ok LMAO. We're moving back in together but we've been apart for 9 moths, so he only sees me maybe every 3-4 weeks and he's always astounded which is a good feeling :)
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited July 2017
    Yay you made your July Goal!!! I'm sooo proud of you :)

"Do'nt get too skinny" My husband said the same thing to me :D
  • mistymeadows2005

Silly boys :p He won't be complaining when I'm rockin' an even hotter bod ;)
  • Brendalea69

That's right ;)
  • wsandy8512
    edited July 2017

Lmao, they are definitely silly! know mine won't and I bet @brendagaudette Brenda's hubby isn't complaining, either!

• Brendalea69
    wsandy8512 wrote: »

Lmao, they are definitely silly! know mine won't and I bet @brendagaudette Brenda's hubby isn't complaining, either!

;) LOL
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    brittdee88 wrote: »

OMG - so AWESOME!!!