Steph's OMAD Accountability Thread

Replies

• mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    edited July 2017
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    Yay, Sarah and Steph! You're so close! I know I am nowhere near my July goal, but I am so happy for you both!
    Also yummmmmm at your meal! Thank you for putting the calories because that really puts things into perspective for me. That looks a lot like one of my pre-moving meals, and it's not even 200 calories! I am going to concentrate on eating more from now on. I am definitely going to calculate next week's meals.

YASSSSSSSSSS @brittdee88 !!!! It was a mini fast so I couldn't have the champagne (BOO!) but the mushrooms were still so good! I liked them spicy! Although I can't do that normally cause I'm sharing with my mama @cindyglass2 and she's a wimp with spice ;) (Love you, mama) LOL. I definitely couldn't eat it all, so much fiber! But it was delish, full of fiber and nutrients (and unf sodium!), colorful, and WAYY better than water fasting (though less effective).

All in all, I think I'll be RIGHT on the edge of hitting that goal tomorrow :)
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    @minigrrll and @mistymeadows2005, me three!!! My weigh is Friday. I was 180.6 today and hoping it holds. Here's to July!!! Woohoo!!

Steph, your minifast meal looks fabulous, btw :)
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,873 Member
    I can relate to spice wimps - my fiance is one! That's the one thing I never have to worry about him swiping: things covered in hot sauce!
    And YAAAAAY, @wsandy8512! I'm so proud of you ladies!
  • mistymeadows2005
    wsandy8512 wrote: »
    @minigrrll and @mistymeadows2005, me three!!! My weigh is Friday. I was 180.6 today and hoping it holds. Here's to July!!! Woohoo!!

I'm SO EXCITED FOR US! I think your number will hold Sandy - esp since you're just coming off of a meal out! Sometimes those long fasts are exactly what we need to do to shake it up and get our bodies going "OH! ok!" lol...

And thanks! That sucker was so filling....for like 2 hours, but still! :p
  • wsandy8512
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    I can relate to spice wimps - my fiance is one! That's the one thing I never have to worry about him swiping: things covered in hot sauce!
    And YAAAAAY, @wsandy8512! I'm so proud of you ladies!

Haaaa, wonder how hot sauce would be on a blood orange though? Didn't your fiancé swipe half of yours a week or so ago?

My hubby can handle a bit of spice, a bit wimpy if he eats something too spicy, "My *kitten* is burning!!!!", but I am spice girl! Give me the wasabi, the habanero peppers, the ghost peppers, and don't forget the pepper flakes! Haha
  • wsandy8512

I'm SO EXCITED FOR US! I think your number will hold Sandy - esp since you're just coming off of a meal out! Sometimes those long fasts are exactly what we need to do to shake it up and get our bodies going "OH! ok!" lol...

Fingers crossed and I'm excited for us, too! The 180 gals are fixing to break into the 170s! Woot!

Lol, well, two is better than none, maybe. I'd rather just not eat that eat that little. Lol
  • mistymeadows2005

Fingers crossed and I'm excited for us, too! The 180 gals are fixing to break into the 170s! Woot!

Lol, well, two is better than none, maybe. I'd rather just not eat that eat that little. Lol

It didn't feel like "little" at the time LOL - it kept me not hungry until bedtime which was nice - but I was right back to hungry when I woke up :p
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,873 Member
    edited July 2017

Haaaa, wonder how hot sauce would be on a blood orange though? Didn't your fiancé swipe half of yours a week or so ago?

My hubby can handle a bit of spice, a bit wimpy if he eats something too spicy, "My *kitten* is burning!!!!", but I am spice girl! Give me the wasabi, the habanero peppers, the ghost peppers, and don't forget the pepper flakes! Haha

OMG I actually do put hot sauce on fruit sometimes... lol. It's a leftover habit from when I was teaching in Houston! But I usually put it on mangoes and pineapples! Never tried on oranges. I may try that!
    Also YUM to that second paragraph. That made me hungry!
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    I LOVE SPICY!!! I have never put it on fruit though - may have to try... :)
  • minigrrll
    I think my dream of getting to 181 may have been crushed... I weighed in at 183.5 today and tomorrow is weigh-day and we always eat out on Thursdays (tonight). I guess I wasn't being the sharpest knife in the drawer when I came up with the bright plan of having weigh-day after a day we always go out for dinner! Ha!

Still... Maybe I'll see something happen on the weekend. We can't drink on Saturday night because we will be driving to watch an Xmas in July concert, so that may be in my favour!!
  • mistymeadows2005
    minigrrll wrote: »
    I think my dream of getting to 181 may have been crushed... I weighed in at 183.5 today and tomorrow is weigh-day and we always eat out on Thursdays (tonight). I guess I wasn't being the sharpest knife in the drawer when I came up with the bright plan of having weigh-day after a day we always go out for dinner! Ha!

Still... Maybe I'll see something happen on the weekend. We can't drink on Saturday night because we will be driving to watch an Xmas in July concert, so that may be in my favour!!

THERE YA GO! I weighed in at 184.4 today BUT last week I dropped 3.5 overnight on my water fast days so I've still got a shot ;)

Welp! Good news is you still have til Monday, so cross your fingers, put good vibes into the universe, and OMAD on! :)
  • minigrrll
    Wow - how odd that we both went up!! Maybe it has to do with moon phases or something... Bwahahahaaha!
  • wsandy8512
    edited July 2017
    I'm feeling good right now and it's my sister's fault! She really loves seeing trends and weighs herself at night and in the morning. Anyhoo, she told me that when she weighs at night, she knows she'll be a pound or two less in the morning. I told her I probably gained all the weight I lost on my 72 hour fast with my huge meal last night. Anyway, she said, "Do it, Sis, strip down and hop on." I was hesitant, believe me, and only an hour after the major food intake and drinks. I weighed 179.9 in the morning and 182.1 at night. Woke up today and I was 180.6. Tonight I weighed in at 181.2!

I don't know if I'll continue this nightly thing, but it's kind of fun. I can see where it could turn into an obsession for me though, so I don't think I'll continue after tomorrow. Lol
  • wsandy8512
    minigrrll wrote: »
    Wow - how odd that we both went up!! Maybe it has to do with moon phases or something... Bwahahahaaha!

Wine and moon phases, both legit reasons for an uptick!

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    I'm feeling good right now and it's my sister's fault! She really loves seeing trends and weighs herself at night and in the morning. Anyhoo, she told me that when she weighs at night, she knows she'll be a pound or two less in the morning. I told her I probably gained all the weight I lost on my 72 hour fast with my huge meal last night. Anyway, she said, "Do it, Sis, strip down and hop on." I was hesitant, believe me, and only an hour after the major food intake and drinks. I weighed 179.9 in the morning and 182.1 at night. Woke up today and I was 180.6. Tonight I weighed in at 181.2!

I don't know if I'll continue this nightly thing, but it's kind of fun. I can see where it could turn into an obsession for me though, so I don't think I'll continue after tomorrow. Lol

I weigh every night and morn and sometimes before i break my fast and after i workout. The more data, the better for me. I know what to expect from different experiences doing that and i think it helps. I don't understand the hesitancy of most to not want to weigh. Infrequent measurements could cause a person to weigh at a high water retention day and could be really discouraging. I really do not understand it.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Also, if I truly am blowing it, frequent weighing will let me know in time to do something about it instead of finding I've gained 10 lbs or more.
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Maybe I should start weighing myself more often. I am always so scared to step on the scale if I feel the tiniest bit bloated. Sometime I can go weeks with out weighing just simply because I am scared. I psych myself out for sure.
  • gomissfitnes
    gomissfitnes Posts: 268 Member
    Chinese! Yes!
  • wsandy8512
    blambo61 wrote: »

I weigh every night and morn and sometimes before i break my fast and after i workout. The more data, the better for me. I know what to expect from different experiences doing that and i think it helps. I don't understand the hesitancy of most to not want to weigh. Infrequent measurements could cause a person to weigh at a high water retention day and could be really discouraging. I really do not understand it.

You make some great points! I just did a nightly weigh in and I'm the exact same weight as I was this morning. I'm sort of excited at the moment. Lol
  • minigrrll
    I weigh daily - I'm actually far too lazy to weigh more often because it would involve me taking my shoes and socks off and then having to put them back on!! I walk on the treadmill on and off all day so I need to be wearing runners... Plus I have to be naked, so the clothes have to come off too!!