Great idea, Tracey! You've got this :)
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Thanks Sandy!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I will be still posting while I am on vacation. I will try to take pictures of what I am eating to share with you all. Having to share what I am eating will make me think more about what I choose to eat. I really want to succeed and know that even though OMAD is best, I can make good choices eating 2MAD or 3MAD and not sabotage the progress I have made.

EXACTLY!!! :)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    This month is not going as planned so far (I am currently sitting at a 0.6 pound gain for the month). It seems that I am going in the wrong direction and my date to reach my short term 150 pound goal has now gone from September 17, 2017 to March 23, 2018 :s:s:'(:'( . Every since I started using my new Aria Scale, I am getting the feeling that I am losing muscle and not fat because it is showing daily my body fat percentage going up. Trendweight is showing I have lost 1.1 pound of lean mass since yesterday and lost 6 pounds of lean mass since last week and have gained about the same amount of fat mass.

Here are my stats from trendweight this morning on my lean mass, fat mass, and fat percentage.

8r44txq64k5k.png
    94bb0dqnp27z.png
    41k0s2s4q6u6.png

I want to lose weight but not at the expense of my lean muscle mass. I want to lose fat. Looking at my meals lately, I have been eating a great deal of carby foods. I think I am going to go back to my first OMAD meals with the big salad and protein. I have been doing lots and lots of walking and need to up my strength training to work on building muscle.

I don't know my old scale was showing me losing body fat as I lost weight, but this new scale has me with 10% more body fat than my old scale. I am going to go to the fitness center and do the bod pod thing to see what it says my body fat is so that I can get some peace of mind. If my new scale is right, I just have to get it in gear and get that body fat moving back down.

If any one has some words of wisdom or encouragement please chime in. I am feeling a bit unnerved about now and just need to know if these numbers are actually correct.

On a different note, I go to get my blood work done again to check my cholesterol levels. I moved my appointment up from the 18th to tomorrow. I should be able to see my results by Monday or Tuesday so I am praying that all are in the normal levels. I am pretty positive that they will be.

You did not gain or lose 6-lbs of fat/muscle in a week. Didn't happen. Unless the scale your on is measuring body impedance, it doesn't know what you % bf is. It is guessing by your height, age, weight, sex.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I can not get my fitness assessment done until 14 August so I have just over a month before I can verify which of my scales is correct. I will try not to let it bother me but I also don't want to continue to have my body cannibalizing muscle either.

I have been looking at Dr. Berg videos this morning and have identified my body type and with my body type I need to reduce the carbs and eat more cruciferous vegetables. It makes sense because I seem to gain after a higher carb meal.

Just track on either one and if the trend is down (weight, % body fat), you are most likely improving!

It is possible to lose more muscle than fat gained and your weight will go down but your
    % body fat will go up.

Early when I started OMAD, I did an In-body measurement. Coulple of months later did it again and it said I lost 4-6 lbs of muscle. I started watching my protein uptake and hit the weights and a couple months later it said I had gained all the muscle back. If you are concerned with muscle loss, watch how much protein you eat.

I did notice one thing though, if I ate a lot of protein at night and carbs, my morning blood sugars were a little bit high. They would be normal the rest of the time.
  • ArizonaToast
    ArizonaToast Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Hi Tracey. Sounds like your cholesterol is moving in the right direction. Remember, this is your diet/lifestyle. However you follow it is your choice. Do what you need to do.
  • ArizonaToast
    ArizonaToast Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    By the way, you may have already mentioned this in a previous post...where are going on vacation? Anything fun?
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    We have a timeshare at the Massanutten Resort in Virginia. We always have a great time when we go. Lots of fun stuff to do.
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    Well yesterday ended up having a movie night with the family to see the new planet of the apes movie (very good movie by the way). Shared a white castle cheese burger, nachos, and popcorn with my husband at the movies. When I got home I had 2 mini pecan pie tarts, 4 peanut butter crackers, a meal of some lasagna my niece made using cabbage leaves (very good), some left over turmeric cabbage, and caramelized sweet potato and brussel sprouts and some pecans.

After a day like that, I thought I would have a gain this morning, but the scale showed a loss of 0.7 pounds. I ended the week with a gain of 0.5 pounds on the scale and am not looking to get into the 150's again this month. I will bust through next month for sure though.. My trending weight showed a 0.6 pound loss so that is a good thing.

kx8yx20eybbp.png

• tlblanksfit
    Options
    I figured out my smoothie dilemma and decided to put on my big girl pants and just take my wheatgrass juice powder in 4 ounces of water and drink it. When I first tried it (a teaspoon of powder in 8 ounces of water), I just sipped it and decided it was not good and proceeded to mix it in with my chocolate kale shake mix with almond milk adding 70 calories. The wheatgrass juice by itself is only 8 calories and was not horribly bad in the 4 ounces of water. I could see myself having no problems with it taste wise after a while.

So I drank my 8 calorie wheatgrass juice this morning and fixed some green tea with lemon juice, ACV and a few drops of stevia to drink at work. I must say I am a bit hungry, but I will not give in today and will hold out for my OMAD dinner this evening and I will have my Chocolate Kale Shake as my beverage with my meal. This way I am getting my veggies without compromising my fasting time and adding additional calories.
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Nice loss, Tracey! I think it's good you're making peace with yourself. I think sometimes we make unrealistic goals, preaching to myself here, and get down on ourselves. It appears we've both made peace with it though. I've often stated that even if I never lose another pound, IF is my lifestyle and I would never drop it. The health befetid far outweigh the pounds shed part, in my opinion anyway. :)

Enjoy your vacation!
  • Brendalea69
    edited July 2017
    Options
    That's great that you still had a loss while going to the movies :) I would have had a gain for sure, probably because I would have eaten most of a large bag of popcorn with extra butter :p
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    I have been reading "Delay, Don't Deny" and it is a really good book. I realize I have probably been sabotaging my weight loss by drinking the artificially sweetened flavored sparkling waters. I had been drinking them thinking they would help me get my water in not realizing they were spiking insulin and preventing or slowing weight loss.

She also brought up a really good point about being able to eat "real" things like real sugar and butter if you are doing your fasting right.

I have decided I am going to do OMAD while I am on vacation and the family can say what they want because this now is my lifestyle.
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    I have been reading "Delay, Don't Deny" and it is a really good book. I realize I have probably been sabotaging my weight loss by drinking the artificially sweetened flavored sparkling waters. I had been drinking them thinking they would help me get my water in not realizing they were spiking insulin and preventing or slowing weight loss.

She also brought up a really good point about being able to eat "real" things like real sugar and butter if you are doing your fasting right.

I have decided I am going to do OMAD while I am on vacation and the family can say what they want because this now is my lifestyle.

Great attitude, Im sure you'll do really good on vacation :)
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Happy vacation! Enjoy yourself.
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options

I just bought and read the book yesterday and loved it!! I opened my OMAD window at noon today with a light snack to help tide me over until 4-5 pm so I could have a huge meal to get me back on OMAD tomorrow. Only did it because as most of you know, I've had OMAD in the late morning to afternoon. One thing I noticed on 16:8 is that I slept better eating later. Anyway, to ensure I can make it until near this time tomorrow, I just polished off a McD's gut bomb. Lol

Tracey, if you struggle on vacation, please do not beat yourself up! You can always get back on track when you get home. I was able to do well on vacation despite food everywhere, but I knew I'd want to enjoy whatever should the occasion arise. If I wasn't hungry, I didn't eat. I even had water a couple times when the hubs was hungry and I wasn't while at a restaurant.

• minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    What Sandy said! It's a vacation so no guilt about food allowed!!! Have an awesome time and way to go on the week's loss!!
  • barbheart
    barbheart Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Tracey why dont you eat your wheat grass before your omad meal?... I never heard that you cannot drink it along with food.

Besides,have a wonderful holiday time!!!! :)
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    @barbheart The wheatgrass juice directions say drink 20 minutes before or 2 hours after a meal. I have been drinking it before my meal and drink my chocolate kale shake with my meal.

Today is the first full day on vacation and so far I have only had water with ACV and lemon juice. I am really getting super hungry hopefully we will be getting dinner in about an hour.

Last night's OMAD. Had water and a chocolate kale shake as beverages with the meal and my wheatgrass juice prior to.

oyxdvcbqpv15.jpg
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    That looks so yummmmmyyyyy - have so much fun on vaca! We have faith in you! :)