Brenda's Maintenance Journal Year 1

Options

Replies

• brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Brenda, you are my shero! And the funny thing is, your splurge days are not even that bad! I can't wait to get to where you are! Are your let-go days on the same days each week, or do you mix it up? Sorry if you answered that already!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    jvcinv wrote: »
    I'm with Brenda on this, I'm so adapted to OMAD it's hard to conceive of an 8 hour eating window. I could do a lot of damage in that time frame!
    But boy, combining regular OMAD with 2-3 "let-go" days per week, and maintaining, sounds to good to be true. Hope to try it some day.

You should definitely try it once you get to maintenance :)
  • Brendalea69
    edited July 2017
    Options
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    Brenda, you are my shero! And the funny thing is, your splurge days are not even that bad! I can't wait to get to where you are! Are your let-go days on the same days each week, or do you mix it up? Sorry if you answered that already!

Thanks and sometimes on my splurge days I eat a lot more...My splurge days are usually on Friday, Saturday and Sunday but depending holidays or special events I will have more than 3...I've had 4 a couple of times and once I had 5 :p
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Makes sense! I love this!
    If I can just get to goal weight by my 30th in January... I would LOVE to start my 30s eating like a "normal" person for the rest of my life.
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    It took me till my 48th to get to my goal we
    If I can just get to goal weight by my 30th in January... I would LOVE to start my 30s eating like a "normal" person for the rest of my life.

It took me until my 48th birthday to get to my goal weight :p You can do it :)
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options

Sob! I so wish I had figured this out when I was 30 and not 48/49...

The funny/sad thing is, when I was in my late 20's I read a book called Protein Power (I think that's the name) (ETA) "The Carbohydrate Addict's Diet" and in the beginning of the book she talks about how she lost all this weight eating only one meal a day. But then the actual diet they talk about in the book is eating that one meal at night in like an hour but ALSO having protein shakes or something at breakfast and lunch. I remember carrying those stupid shakes around to have at work/school. Ugh. I have ALWAYS remembered the story about her losing the weight though - and I read it several times, just that part - if only I'd been smart enough to just TRY it without the stupid shakes! (The Delay Don't Deny book also mentions this old book..)
  • Brendalea69
    edited July 2017
    Options
    minigrrll wrote: »

The funny/sad thing is, when I was in my late 20's I read a book called Protein Power (I think that's the name) (ETA) "The Carbohydrate Addict's Diet" and in the beginning of the book she talks about how she lost all this weight eating only one meal a day. But then the actual diet they talk about in the book is eating that one meal at night in like an hour but ALSO having protein shakes or something at breakfast and lunch. I remember carrying those stupid shakes around to have at work/school. Ugh. I have ALWAYS remembered the story about her losing the weight though - and I read it several times, just that part - if only I'd been smart enough to just TRY it without the stupid shakes! (The Delay Don't Deny book also mentions this old book..)

How sad, the stupid diets we've all tried :(

I wish I had figured it out when I was done having children which was 23, but oh well at least we're still kinda young ;)
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    I wish I had figured it out when I was done having children which was 23, but oh well at least we're still kinda young ;)
    Still kinda young!! Hahahaha! Love it... We definitely are... :smiley:
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Brenda,

Sorry I wasn't very clear. What I meant as a possible maint routine is doing 16:8 as the splurge days mixed in with some omad days. That is more restrictive than what your doing.
    When I had days of eating all meals with some OMAD days, I will gain weight for sure. That is what I want to avoid (gaining and then having to lose). I would rather try to stay about the same if possible. That is how I've been trying to maintain and it has worked pretty well for me.
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    minigrrll wrote: »

How sad, the stupid diets we've all tried :(

Yes!! Took me until age 47 and you're damn right we are still kind of young! We are going to be some hot and healthy 50-somethings!

Ugh, the past diets. What was going through our minds at the time? At least we know better now and practice it, so our mid to latter years can be spent in as good of health as possible :-)

• gomissfitnes
    gomissfitnes Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I am banking on the possibility of being hot and healthy at 50! Love it!

• brittdee88
    Options
    You are all hot now!
    I, too, have tried every diet under the sun. My mom had me on that damn Scarsdale diet at age 5 and it's been one after the other since then. You all are my inspirations, and I am hoping that should I have children who also struggle with weight that I will be one for them, too. All about paying it forward so the next wave of people has it better!
  • wsandy8512
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Britt, if you do have children, they may not suffer weight problems because their momma would lead by example. Nothing irritates me more than seeing overweight and obese children. No one to blame but the parents at first, then parents plus the schools, plus sue happy adults who made recess a thing of the past . But when I see little one, ugh, I have low tolerance for the excuse, "They won't eat x, y, z good foods, they only like hot dogs, cheetohs or fish crackers." Omg, how would they even know about that crap if you didn't start them on it in the first place? Lolol grrrr
  • brittdee88
    Options
    AMEN to that, sister. My SIL does that with her kids. They practically live on Chick-fil-A, and it hurts my heart. They take after her side and are not overweight, but I am so worried about their health. My mom and I make it a point to make them try all kinds of stuff when we watch them, and I always send her a detailed log of what they ate while under my care in the hopes that she will continue to give it to them.
  • wsandy8512
    edited July 2017
    Options
    @brittdee88, that would hurt my heart, too. I had to laugh because after reading the way you're giving gentle signals to share healthier options, I pictured you reaching a point where you reach your wits end and take a huge marker and right "HINT!!!!!!!!!" On the log. Lol
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    My kids eat what they like, but they also eat good things too... Just saying, and neither of my kids have weight issues... yet.
  • brittdee88
    Options
    @wsandy8512 I mean.... I'm not above that at all LOL!
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options

Maybe we can have the next generations taking control by 28?
  • Brendalea69
    edited July 2017
    Options

Maybe we can have the next generations taking control by 28?

I hope so o:)
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    My kids eat what they like, but they also eat good things too... Just saying, and neither of my kids have weight issues... yet.

Mine did, too. It's only those who let things go and their children suffer because people are too lazy to intervene. Know what I mean? This crisis with overweight and obese children hardly existed prior to the 90s. :(