Progress & support

sdancer2017
sdancer2017 Posts: 178 Member
Hi! When we want to post progress pics of awesome abs or tremendous tri's??
Or heart rate monitor results/pics? Anything to help us cheer ea other on!

Or when we want to vent or need encouragement to not eat the tub of frosting.
Although......If I had those apple fruit roll ups from back in the day, I wouldn't need frosting...

Replies

• Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    I can't post pics from my phone. But I did earn top spot for my Game of Thrones weight loss challenge weekly weigh in
  • sdancer2017
    Wonderful! Congratulations!
  • CryingBlue
    CryingBlue Posts: 270 Member
    I just got a new fitbit, so I'm mainly working on getting more steps in each day and getting up and moving more often.
  • sdancer2017
    Great! Well keep us posted when you reach a spectacular goal in steps!
    Everyone's goals are different, but we all benefit from cheers & genuine happiness when we reach one & move on to the next goal <3
  • Versicolour
    I have not been very active this week. Other than walking a few houses down the road twice a day to feed my friend's cats
  • sdancer2017
    Well, isn't it summer by you Versi? Pleeeeaaassseee do something fun for me! I'm about to shovel. I'm telling myself it's calories to burn! But I loathe it. Maybe since I've been working out so much I'll get much more distance when I flip the snow.

Happy Thursday everyone!
  • Versicolour
    It is!

https://youtu.be/ZW0DfsCzfq4

Good luck with the snow! I don't envy you that job. I do envy the snow though
  • sdancer2017
    Well I was pumped for some heavy lifting. Pft, it was a dusting, so I decided to do my neighbor's too....for calories &.....hopefully a return favor when she busts out her snow blower
  • EvanK84
    EvanK84 Posts: 458 Member
    I'm now on my 4th hole on my belt , but looking in the mirror I can tell a difference with my stomach :#
  • Versicolour
    Nice going!
  • sdancer2017
    Yay!! @EvanK84!

I ate really well this week....then when my trainer didn't measure me today, I figured that was my go-ahead to eat cheese curds & pizza rolls after my workout.....

Maybe your win cancels out my shame? Does it work that way?
  • CryingBlue
    CryingBlue Posts: 270 Member
    I had a busy weekend. First day we hiked 2 miles, then 3 miles and yesterday was 3.5 miles. It feels great and I haven't been winded once. We hope to work up to an 8ish mile backpacking trip by spring.

It was a family Christmas weekend and cheese cake was eaten. I made low carb cheesecake and it was so good. It was great to eat a treat like that.

I'm nearly 40 pounds down now from where I started in August and I'm about to hit the lowest weight I have ever been as an adult. It's messing with my head a little, last time I got to this weight i got very sick and gained all my weight back.
    I'm feeling pretty confident this time, I'll make it to my goal.
  • sdancer2017
    @CryingBlue- CONGRATULATIONS! Those walks & that goal sounds beautiful!

Thank you for sharing that! Happy you found a way to enjoy that dessert :)

I'm excited to see you surpass this point/goal & see how much farther you'll go! Oh the places you will go ;)
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    bootyrubsandtacos Posts: 775 Member
    I honestly don’t know how to cope with my sh*tty life without food. Food is my refuge. I’m so tired of being a caregiver. It’s emotionally and physically exhausting. I’m on antidepressants and I still struggle to get out of bed every morning. I have this rare condition called intracranial hypertension. It’s when your brain produces too much cerebral fluid and it can cause headaches, dizzy spells and loss of vision. I was diagnosed with it when I was 21. I got through 11 years without a flare up, but it came back with a vengeance this past year because I gained a lot of weight. The dr’s don’t know why weight gain exacerbates it. I can’t tolerate the medicine for it, so I’ve been basically living with constant dizzy spells and light flashes in my vision. My ophthalmologist told me I have to lose weight in order for it to go in remission . I just can’t stay consistent on a diet long enough to lose a significant amount of weight and it’s because I’m depressed all the time. I know losing weight would help me feel so much better.
  • Versicolour
    I honestly don’t know how to cope with my sh*tty life without food. Food is my refuge. I’m so tired of being a caregiver. It’s emotionally and physically exhausting. I’m on antidepressants and I still struggle to get out of bed every morning. I have this rare condition called intracranial hypertension. It’s when your brain produces too much cerebral fluid and it can cause headaches, dizzy spells and loss of vision. I was diagnosed with it when I was 21. I got through 11 years without a flare up, but it came back with a vengeance this past year because I gained a lot of weight. The dr’s don’t know why weight gain exacerbates it. I can’t tolerate the medicine for it, so I’ve been basically living with constant dizzy spells and light flashes in my vision. My ophthalmologist told me I have to lose weight in order for it to go in remission . I just can’t stay consistent on a diet long enough to lose a significant amount of weight and it’s because I’m depressed all the time. I know losing weight would help me feel so much better.

I'm so sorry you are struggling so much. I wish I could help but I also battle to curb my emotional eating. The best I can do is send virtual hugs
  • sdancer2017
    I'm sorry too @bootyrubsandtacos.
    There's that cycle where you think food is gonna make the feelings go away, it tastes good, then the shame /disappointment set it & the desire to eat more to keep THOSE feelings at bay sets in.

I am trying to tell myself this is a JOURNEY & a LIFESTYLE, not a short term goal or a diet. I know that using the latter words, allow me to think "ah well, I'm gonna fail anyway, why not eat the rest of the pizza roll bag?"
    But I have seen just in the past few weeks since I've been using lifestyle & journey, my mood has shifted. I'm more accepting of my setbacks & I'm pushing myself harder to eat well other times & work my butt off at the gym or in dance class. My trainer says eat well 80% of the time & you will see changes. Don't focus on the setbacks or lapses in your plan. (Not sure if you do that, but I do, so as I type, I'm reminding myself).

It will be a process & we need to love ourselves enough to show ourselves the patience & understanding we give to others. I'm always encouraging others, yet talk so much degrading crap to myself.

But we started this journey. Because WE decided we didn't want to feel the way we were feeling. We didn't want to be sick. We want to be healthy.
    And we will have setbacks, but every hour can be a new choice/better decision.

Let it all out here, find something encouraging & stand back up.

I'm happy we have this place to vent & I'm excited to hear about when you feel the happiness from your progress.
    And yes @Versicolour, virtual hugs to you @bootyrubsandtacos,

Thank you for sharing & I'm sorry you're having a rough time.
  • sdancer2017
    I also had some rough transitions & thje were weeks I didnt want to het out of bed.
    Fast forward after some counseling & taking the steps that I could to control what I could, I joined some park n rec dance classes. Looking back on the past 2 years & before, I firmly believe it was not depression. It was a crappy, crappy storm of a crappy marriage, crappy job, & not many friends.
    I have met SO many cool, goofy, WONDERFUL women through park n rec & the gym. You'd never think I was that person a few years ago.

Hope :)
  • sdancer2017
    What are some goals we will achieve in the next 2 weeks?

I'm gonna go without BUYING sweets. And eat whole wheat pasta while others eat lasagna. And eat a steamed buddhas feast from pf changs while others eat Chinese and get the sh!ts.

And I want to lose at least a 1/2 inch on my next measurement which is this Fri or next.
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    edited December 2017

I'm so sorry you are struggling so much. I wish I could help but I also battle to curb my emotional eating. The best I can do is send virtual hugs

Thanks :smile: :blush: It’s okay....... I was just venting. I kind of woke up in a really bad mood yesterday.
    I'm sorry too @bootyrubsandtacos.
    There's that cycle where you think food is gonna make the feelings go away, it tastes good, then the shame /disappointment set it & the desire to eat more to keep THOSE feelings at bay sets in.

I am trying to tell myself this is a JOURNEY & a LIFESTYLE, not a short term goal or a diet. I know that using the latter words, allow me to think "ah well, I'm gonna fail anyway, why not eat the rest of the pizza roll bag?"
    But I have seen just in the past few weeks since I've been using lifestyle & journey, my mood has shifted. I'm more accepting of my setbacks & I'm pushing myself harder to eat well other times & work my butt off at the gym or in dance class. My trainer says eat well 80% of the time & you will see changes. Don't focus on the setbacks or lapses in your plan. (Not sure if you do that, but I do, so as I type, I'm reminding myself).

It will be a process & we need to love ourselves enough to show ourselves the patience & understanding we give to others. I'm always encouraging others, yet talk so much degrading crap to myself.

But we started this journey. Because WE decided we didn't want to feel the way we were feeling. We didn't want to be sick. We want to be healthy.
    And we will have setbacks, but every hour can be a new choice/better decision.

Let it all out here, find something encouraging & stand back up.

I'm happy we have this place to vent & I'm excited to hear about when you feel the happiness from your progress.
    And yes @Versicolour, virtual hugs to you @bootyrubsandtacos,

Thank you for sharing & I'm sorry you're having a rough time.

YES!! To the first paragraph. It’s a vicious cycle. Thanks for your kind words :smile: It’s nice to know that someone knows where I’m coming from. I’m trying to look at like a journey and a lifestyle , but I feel like you to have some initial motivation to even get into that mindset and that’s what I’m struggling with. I get so tired of failing that I don’t even want to keep trying.
    I also had some rough transitions & thje were weeks I didnt want to het out of bed.
    Fast forward after some counseling & taking the steps that I could to control what I could, I joined some park n rec dance classes. Looking back on the past 2 years & before, I firmly believe it was not depression. It was a crappy, crappy storm of a crappy marriage, crappy job, & not many friends.
    I have met SO many cool, goofy, WONDERFUL women through park n rec & the gym. You'd never think I was that person a few years ago.

Hope :)

I know what you mean. I feel like a lot of my depression is situational as opposed to chemical. I take care of my mom alone (she’s disabled and wheelchair bound) and I don’t have a real support system. It’s an incredibly lonely feeling. I start therapy on Friday. I also tried to enroll in school, but I’m having issues with funding and I won’t be able to make the January session, so I have to wait until may and I’m pissed. I think establishing a life for myself outside of taking care of my mother would help me cope better and ease some of my anxiety.

• bootyrubsandtacos
    What are some goals we will achieve in the next 2 weeks?

I'm gonna go without BUYING sweets. And eat whole wheat pasta while others eat lasagna. And eat a steamed buddhas feast from pf changs while others eat Chinese and get the sh!ts.

And I want to lose at least a 1/2 inch on my next measurement which is this Fri or next.

Lmfao!!

I’m going to stop buying sweets to. I also want to start back up with my morning workouts. I like doing Jessica smith’s videos on YT. I like her videos because I break a sweat, but I don’t feel like I’m dying while I’m doing it lmao. Her dog peanut is so cute to :smiley:
  • sdancer2017
    I wanted to say thank you.
    I worked out at the gym, burned 560 calories, then went to dance class for an hour. I passed Culvers offering $3 turtle sundaes (my fav). I was about to pull in, but I thought about the goal I posted on here, drove home & ate a healthy snack & some whey protein!

Hope you all had a great night!
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    I want to confess that I haven't worked out in some time (like 2 months?) I just feel lazy af right now. It feels impossible to get started again plus now the weather is cold and will get crappy. I love walking outside but really can't now. So now i'll be forced to walk a treadmill or do the elliptical, which being inside I find that very boring.

I also emotionally eat. Back and forth between cycles. Eat everything because I feel like crap, then eat next to nothing because I feel guilty about all the crap I eat. Over and over it guess. It really just sucks.

So I can relate to a lot of you.
  • Versicolour
    I have been exercising but eating way too much to compensate! Ugh! I am trying so hard to be good and it just isn't working!!
  • sdancer2017
    I loathe that cycle.
    And yes, being winter here takes time away from being outside, but....i did bundle up once, take a walk in the snow on a trail, made a mini snowman & watched the sunset.

We can break the cycle! We can! If I can pass up turtles, you can get back in the groove. :)

Turn on some 90s hits & dance a lil!

Have a great holiday everyone!
  • Versicolour
    My dad is on holiday now and has been a slave driver! We have gone for a walk/run every morning this week! Plus I managed to get back on the wagon and only gained 100gr this past week!
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    That’s awesome! @Versicolour :);)

Is it just me, or is the whole weight loss process incredibly stressful? Just THINKING about tracking my calories makes me anxious. I just feel so overwhelmed. If I didn’t feel like that I could stay consistent :( I don’t expect it to be fun, but I don’t want to have to constantly dwell on what I’m eating.
  • Versicolour
    Yeah! I agree, it can be very stressful. I tend to try and pre-plan days and recipes so that I don't have to constantly be thinking about it! Log everything in the morning and then stick to that. That has gone out the window now, but normally it helps reduce the stress
  • sdancer2017
    I am so happy to read I am not alone. I was measured on Fri & in 4 months I've lost a total of 6.7 inches! So I'm showing my progress pics to my fam feeling fabulous. And then they bring out the candy, the pie, the carbs & carbs & carbs & i felt so good for losing the inches that I celebrated w a grilled cheese!!! But I didn't buy the creme brulé (small victory). And after I ate HALF a bag of caramel corn (it's a big bag) that MY MOM GAVE ME FOR CHRISTMAS (really Mom?! Do you think I have the will power to only eat one serving?) I continued to eat a piece of pie & a crap ton of chocolate & carbs & carbs. This is day 2 of this binge fest!
    I'm not logging my food cuz I don't think it'll count that many calories.
    Agh.....so tomorrow I will wake up and try to workout. No I will!!
    I have sugar belly...
  • Versicolour
    Haha! Yeah!
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    edited December 2017
    Yeah! I agree, it can be very stressful. I tend to try and pre-plan days and recipes so that I don't have to constantly be thinking about it! Log everything in the morning and then stick to that. That has gone out the window now, but normally it helps reduce the stress

That’s actually a really good idea to pre log! :o I’m going to try that.