Progress & support

Replies

• bootyrubsandtacos
    bootyrubsandtacos Posts: 775 Member
    cwells16 wrote: »

Lmfao!!! This was both hilarious and terrifying at the same time :D

Thanks guys <3o:)@sdancer2017 @cwells16 @CryingBlue

What’s SAAD? @sdancer2017 is it like the acronym HALT?
  • CryingBlue
    CryingBlue Posts: 270 Member

Oh my gosh, I have never seen that before. What is if from?
  • ColinIsTheName
    ColinIsTheName Posts: 365 Member
    edited January 2018
    CryingBlue wrote: »

Oh my gosh, I have never seen that before. What is if from?

The Tenacious D movie- The Pick of Destiny. Scientifically proven as the best musical of all time.
  • ColinIsTheName
    edited January 2018
    Sdancer2017

Arrived

And

Dominated!!!! Best acrostic ever made out of SAAD and @sdancer2017!
  • sdancer2017
    sdancer2017 Posts: 178 Member
    Are you telling me to go to hell? Are you calling me the devil? Ouch (pouty face)

I'm sharing with you a delightful little ditty meant to uplift your soul...and that *kitten*' devil really shreds *kitten*!

Oh....I was really hoping you were challenging me to a rock off
  • ColinIsTheName
    You might want to wear some extra socks, because they will be quickly rocked off!
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    :lol:
  • sdancer2017

Lmfao!!! This was both hilarious and terrifying at the same time :D

Thanks guys <3o:)@sdancer2017 @cwells16 @CryingBlue

What’s SAAD? @sdancer2017 is it like the acronym HALT?

Yes! Terrifying @cwells16. I was searching for a meaning, trying to connect the dots, figuring out where I went wrong in life to deserve the devil to scream at me hahaha

@bootyrubsandtacos SAAD is seasonal affective disorder. In short, the lack of sunlight (& I say outdoors time for myself) affects ones mood
  • ColinIsTheName
    The most fun people seem to be here!
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    Oooooh yeah! I’ve heard of that @sdancer2017 . I have a vitamin D deficiency. I was taking prescription vitamins for it. I never really felt any different while I was on it.

I just got a call from one of the jobs I applied to a few months back. I have an interview with them on Wednesday. It’s a part time data entry gig. I think having a part time job will help a lot. I can get out of the house and make some extra money. It’s so weird how I got the call today, because this is going to be a rough month financially.
  • ColinIsTheName
    I seem to be the new guy 'round these parts. I need to learn about you stellar humans!
  • CryingBlue
    I seem to be the new guy 'round these parts. I need to learn about you stellar humans!

Formar traveler who is now home caring for my mom after my dad passed away this summer. Trying to take this time at home and work on myself and go on lots of local hikes and hopfully camping with my husband. 35 pounds down with another 27 ish to get to my first goal weight.

How about you? Only thing I know is you are a fellow Washingtonian and have lost a lot of weight.
  • Versicolour
    Hi good people! I just thought I would post some progress here! I do parkrun on Saturdays and sometimes they snap pictures. I had a picture of me when I had been running for about a year and then a picture of me from this Saturday. I was impressed by the difference and, when I checked, it turns out that it was a 6kg difference over year.

It is not huge, but it surprised me because I had done a lot of emotional eating during that year (while my divorce was being negotiated and finalised) and my weight went up before it came down. So essentially I lost 7 - 8 kg last year.

Anyway, what I am saying is that this year is off to a better start than last year and there are no foreseeable upheavals in my emotional state. So hopefully progress will be good this year. Plus I am in two challenges to keep me accountable. Can't let my teams down.

Sorry for the long post! Good luck with the interview @bootyrubsandtacos
  • ColinIsTheName
    Hi good people! I just thought I would post some progress here! I do parkrun on Saturdays and sometimes they snap pictures. I had a picture of me when I had been running for about a year and then a picture of me from this Saturday. I was impressed by the difference and, when I checked, it turns out that it was a 6kg difference over year.

It is not huge, but it surprised me because I had done a lot of emotional eating during that year (while my divorce was being negotiated and finalised) and my weight went up before it came down. So essentially I lost 7 - 8 kg last year.

Anyway, what I am saying is that this year is off to a better start than last year and there are no foreseeable upheavals in my emotional state. So hopefully progress will be good this year. Plus I am in two challenges to keep me accountable. Can't let my teams down.

I was all ready for a photo, then nothing. Are you a big runner then @Versicolour?
  • Versicolour

I was all ready for a photo, then nothing. Are you a big runner then @Versicolour?

I have a photo, but I am on my phone and can't figure out how to log into the website to post a photo (I have no clue what my login details are). You'll have to become friends with me because I posted it on my wall!!

I wouldn't say I am a big runner. I haven't done anything over 5km and, while I am getting faster, I am still not that fast!
  • ColinIsTheName
    CryingBlue wrote: »

Formar traveler who is now home caring for my mom after my dad passed away this summer. Trying to take this time at home and work on myself and go on lots of local hikes and hopfully camping with my husband. 35 pounds down with another 27 ish to get to my first goal weight.

How about you? Only thing I know is you are a fellow Washingtonian and have lost a lot of weight.

This might be long-winded. I'm 38 years old and married with 2 daughters. I am a 1st grade teacher in Longview. I have lost 118 pounds since March and am a few pounds away from my goal weight. I did set my goal for 20 fewer pounds, but with recently shaving off a big bushy beard and shaving my head, my wife lovingly called me a naked mole rat and told me to stop losing weight. I used to weight 430 pounds and have been very overweight almost all my life. I lost 170 pounds years ago, but gained a lot of that back before losing the weight this time.

I'm at the lowest weight in my adult life, and with lots of weight related health problems in my family, I need to make it stick this time or I fear for my daughters and their future.

With that done, back to cracking dorky jokes.
    xsa8rw4sxk0b.png
  • sdancer2017
    @Versicolour, @CryingBlue, & @cwells16 -awesome!!!! So happy you shared that to help us continue & anyone who visits here (which I thought more would move in & have been telling people to move to this awesome land.......maybe they are intimidated by our radness?) We are so funny & sweet! I love it here! I wish MFP financed group meet in greets so we could all "woo" & "hug" in real life!

I look forward to more updates!!

@bootyrubsandtacos congrats & keep us posted!! Yay team 90s!!!
  • sdancer2017
    *meet & greets.....

I'm tired
  • ColinIsTheName
    @Versicolour, @CryingBlue, & @cwells16 -awesome!!!! So happy you shared that to help us continue & anyone who visits here (which I thought more would move in & have been telling people to move to this awesome land.......maybe they are intimidated by our radness?) We are so funny & sweet! I love it here! I wish MFP financed group meet in greets so we could all "woo" & "hug" in real life!

You are some kind of awesome genius! Maybe we should rob MFP's bank and use that for the meet AND greets! I have running mask I could use for such a purpose.
  • CryingBlue
    @cwells16. Longview! We are super close. I'm in education too. And I can say I prefer my husband with a beard but he works in healthcare and somtimes a hairy face is not the most santairy thing so he keeps it shaved.
  • ColinIsTheName
    Hairy
  • Versicolour
    Huge respect for educators! I could not do it. Someone will die before a year is up!!
  • ColinIsTheName
    Huge respect for educators! I could not do it. Someone will die before a year is up!!

I try to avoid having my students die, but sometimes they are just so annoying!
  • Versicolour
    I am sure! I feel like a dragon every time my kids friends come over to play. I was so shocked when the one gave me a hug and told me he loved me. I was like, "Why? I'm awful!"
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    Thanks everyone <3o:)

Couldn’t be me either @Versicolour lmao. I have zero patience. I have so much respect for teachers <3
  • ColinIsTheName
    I am sure! I feel like a dragon every time my kids friends come over to play. I was so shocked when the one gave me a hug and told me he loved me. I was like, "Why? I'm awful!"

I have to be so stern at times, and they keep coming up to hug me. I'm so tall though, so it can be awkward with tiny ones!
  • Versicolour

I have to be so stern at times, and they keep coming up to hug me. I'm so tall though, so it can be awkward with tiny ones!

Oh sweetheart! That is so cute
  • neurogirl
    neurogirl Posts: 706 Member
    Howdy! I've joined because, yay, I need fun people and have been off of MFP for quite some time. I'm currently in Southeast North Carolina, although not originally from here. Not a lot of people in their 30's (huge retirement town and college town...I'm the wrong age for here) so a virtual group of like-aged peers would be nice.

Short version of my journey: Gained about 80-ish pounds in 6 months around 17 and 18 years of age. Took a while for them to realize it was medically related and not due to my lifestyle (although I'm sure that could have been better). I have been on medications since but it's very difficult to lose the weight and keep it off. I then had some issues with my thyroid in 2014 and gained 30 pounds in about 2 months. Got that under control, lost close to all of that if not some extra.

I'm getting close to my lowest adult weight again now, but always looking to be healthier (not necessarily a specific number although of course, within my healthy weight range would be good).

Always open and try to be happy. I love humor in all it's forms. And random dancing.
  • ColinIsTheName
    neurogirl wrote: »
    Howdy! I've joined because, yay, I need fun people and have been off of MFP for quite some time. I'm currently in Southeast North Carolina, although not originally from here. Not a lot of people in their 30's (huge retirement town and college town...I'm the wrong age for here) so a virtual group of like-aged peers would be nice.

Short version of my journey: Gained about 80-ish pounds in 6 months around 17 and 18 years of age. Took a while for them to realize it was medically related and not due to my lifestyle (although I'm sure that could have been better). I have been on medications since but it's very difficult to lose the weight and keep it off. I then had some issues with my thyroid in 2014 and gained 30 pounds in about 2 months. Got that under control, lost close to all of that if not some extra.

I'm getting close to my lowest adult weight again now, but always looking to be healthier (not necessarily a specific number although of course, within my healthy weight range would be good).

Always open and try to be happy. I love humor in all it's forms. And random dancing.

Welcome! You seem like you will fit right in. I'm often caught randomly dancing with a very large pink tutu on!
  • Versicolour
    Haha! That mental image is hilarious. I will need some actual images though. Video is better!!