Progress & support

Replies

• CryingBlue
    CryingBlue Posts: 270 Member
    @ColinIsTheName. I like the new name and picture. I can understand taking more pictures of your self. Its almost like we cant recognize our own self.

@Versicolour congratulations on the new job. I hope you love it and it gives you lots of free time. I have no idea what to do with a ring tattoo. I'm not familiar with the removal process.
  • ColinIsTheName
    ColinIsTheName Posts: 365 Member
    CryingBlue wrote: »
    @ColinIsTheName. I like the new name and picture. I can understand taking more pictures of your self. Its almost like we cant recognize our own self.

@Versicolour congratulations on the new job. I hope you love it and it gives you lots of free time. I have no idea what to do with a ring tattoo. I'm not familiar with the removal process.

That is so true about not recognizing myself. I catch my reflection and can't believe that thin guy is me! I'm so used to being so big and avoiding such reflections. I hope I don't become vain, but I can see it happening in small doses.
  • sdancer2017
    sdancer2017 Posts: 178 Member
    Thanks for sharing @bootyrubsandtacos @CryingBlue @ColinIsTheName you all are really inspiring & it may not mean much since we never have met, but I am proud of you all. Congrats on those AWESOME numbers & the steps you continue to make on this journey.

I appreciate you sharing so much!

I dont feel a rush, but i do feel better after i exercise. I'll drag my feet, *kitten*, avoid it but when i finally do, i feel way better. You will find the perfect time for you, T.
    Also, what they say about doing something for a month, i totally believe. Now when i dont work out/do some form of exercise for more than 2 days I feel "off"

Colin, you dont change your pic too much...but i just watch a lot of murder tv (Investigation Discovery) & sometimes I worry you all are catfishing me . I know -weird but it pops in there. Because like you Colin, I'm really shy too & never thought I could care this much about people I've never met!

But I love what you all shared & it helps me get back on track. Yesterday i told myself to just get back on track...n then i said "clean out the pantry so you don't have temptation". I will not share the weird *kitten* I ate in bulk at 930 at night hahaha

We got this! And yes, I look forward to us feeling comfortable sharing our "after" pics. We can do this! We will!!!

Have a beautiful day everyone!
  • sdancer2017
    Colin, do you really think it's vain?
    There's a new chic at the gym with fake eyelashes & when I try to talk w her she looks at me like I shouldn't be allowed to speak to her. Maybe she's just shy or something but usually my first impressions are spot on. That's vain.

I dont think we will be that, but i do sometimes worry my excitement over a small bicep bump or getting really excited when someone tells me I look different seems like I'm vain. But really it's just nice to hear & know that people see our hardwork, frustration, determination, perseverance pay off. Those who know & llove us will understand it's just excitement, not vanity. So we can share those victories here!
  • sdancer2017
    N no hit to fake eyelashes if any of you wear them (ahem...Colin)..just a combination of them, her auroa, make up & strange looks were a combo....
  • sdancer2017
    Ok last random thought. @ColinIsTheName I meant "waiting to be discovered" cuz i was relating it to your Rock discussion.
    Apparently an epic fail at a tease/joke/call back. Sorry! :smile:
  • CryingBlue
    N no hit to fake eyelashes if any of you wear them (ahem...Colin)..just a combination of them, her auroa, make up & strange looks were a combo....

Haha, I love my makeup but can't do fake lashes or the current eyebrow trend. Those thick painted on eye brows look bad on me :wink:
  • CryingBlue
    And I hope you don't feel catfished on here. I share a lot on MFP, but I also keep a lot to myself. Too many creeps out there, ha. And this forum is so public :neutral:
  • sdancer2017
    Good point @CryingBlue. I think I forget iy until I watch Dateline...but def something to keep in mind.

I just changed my lock n home screen to a beautiful plate of fruits/veggies & some awesome abs. Maybe that will help remind me of my goals. Anyone do unique things to keep them focused?
  • 40xBEFOREx40
    40xBEFOREx40 Posts: 208 Member
    Afternoon everyone - hope your Monday is going well!

I changed my username -- to reflect my current goal. 40lbs gone by 40 years old. Now - I know 2 year & 3 months is a long time to take to lose 40lbs. But, if I do it correctly, and can get my old lifestyle back, I think it's ok. Who knows - I may be there sooner. But that's my story and I'm sticking to it. (And, its a catchy nickname!) LOL

@sdancer2017 - I recently downloaded a water reminder app. I know - who needs to be reminded to drink - just do it when you are thirsty! But, for me, it just is a simple reminder to drink more water. I think I am also going to print a picture of how I *want* to look and put it on my bedroom mirror - first thing I see - maybe help keep me motivated.
  • ColinIsTheName

I'm so happy you noticed my lovely painted eyebrows! I treated myself to that and a lovely pedicure when I reached my goal! :D Actually, I just kept going to the gym and being a badass! Hahahaha.
  • sdancer2017
    @40xBEFOREx40, i would have totally needed that water app last year! Now I kinda tell myself I need 60 oz by noon to finish the day at 120 or more. Last Feb i was lucky if I got 20 oz. So new habits come! And that sounds like a great time frame!
    I've realized that my goal of 10% body fat & 25 lbs in 6 months was too lofty (some might say ridiculous for a gal who ate fried onion salad topping out of the bag yesterday ). That time frame gives you opportunity to fall & pick yourself back up. It gives you time to understand why you stumble. So it's a great goal!

And my friendly tip is to switch that pic on the mirror when you feel you are slippin. Ew pics give you new motivation/ push. I think i need to change mine more often.
    I am TOTALLY into my new fruit & veggie bowl pic. Didnt even ponder getting my fav flavor of the day ice cream -instead it was "oh that's so pretty!" & i drove home.
    Makes me think of the subliminal tape episode of Saved by the Bell. Whatever works, right?

I also changed the profile photos of those i talk to a lot to motivating phrases/dream body pics.

Have a beautiful night everyone!

Would love to hear more lil things people do to stay motivated!
  • ColinIsTheName
    edited February 2018
    @40xBEFOREx40, i would have totally needed that water app last year! Now I kinda tell myself I need 60 oz by noon to finish the day at 120 or more. Last Feb i was lucky if I got 20 oz. So new habits come! And that sounds like a great time frame!
    I've realized that my goal of 10% body fat & 25 lbs in 6 months was too lofty (some might say ridiculous for a gal who ate fried onion salad topping out of the bag yesterday ). That time frame gives you opportunity to fall & pick yourself back up. It gives you time to understand why you stumble. So it's a great goal!

And my friendly tip is to switch that pic on the mirror when you feel you are slippin. Ew pics give you new motivation/ push. I think i need to change mine more often.
    I am TOTALLY into my new fruit & veggie bowl pic. Didnt even ponder getting my fav flavor of the day ice cream -instead it was "oh that's so pretty!" & i drove home.
    Makes me think of the subliminal tape episode of Saved by the Bell. Whatever works, right?

I also changed the profile photos of those i talk to a lot to motivating phrases/dream body pics.

Have a beautiful night everyone!

Would love to hear more lil things people do to stay motivated!

Haha fried onion salad topping!
    Seriously, my motivation is being alive to see my daughters become adults.
  • 40xBEFOREx40
    40xBEFOREx40 Posts: 208 Member
    Good morning, everyone! Hope you all have been having a wonderful week thus far!
  • CryingBlue
    edited February 2018
    Doing good here.

How was everyone's Valentine's? My husband got me nothing and is currently suffering from a man cold. However we are not romantic, so that was expected, haha. But my mom got me flowers and some low carb dark chocolate ♡
    I meant to get her flowers too, but never got the chance. Sunday is her anniversary with my dad. First year without him. I know its going to be a hard day for her. So I'm not sure what to do. I was thinking of a beach day, but the weather looks bad and we would get a late start as my husband has some church duties that day. Would have been 45 years for them
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    CryingBlue wrote: »
    Doing good here.

How was everyone's Valentine's? My husband got me nothing and is currently suffering from a man cold. However we are not romantic, so that was expected, haha. But my mom got me flowers and some low carb dark chocolate ♡
    I meant to get her flowers too, but never got the chance. Sunday is her anniversary with my dad. First year without him. I know its going to be a hard day for her. So I'm not sure what to do. I was thinking of a beach day, but the weather looks bad and we would get a late start as my husband has some church duties that day. Would have been 45 years for them

I'm sorry. That is going to be hard. And what a milestone that would have been.
  • Versicolour
    My dad got me a slab of chocolate for Valentine's day and I made some red velvet cupcakes (using beetroot) and wine gums (using actual wine). Supper was as special as I could make it while running the kids to karate and supervising homework. Which is to say, it wasn't.
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    bootyrubsandtacos Posts: 775 Member
    I bought myself some cheap drugstore chocolate :/
  • sdancer2017

Last week I bought 4 full sized candy bars & ate them all within a half hour. I'm realizing my destructive connection with food. In 18 hours I ate 3 pints of culvers ice cream cuz they were on sale. Then, rather than save them, i thought "eat em all now, otherwise you'll eat a little every day for the next month"
    Today, after doing so well at the gym & nutrition for a whopping second day in a row, i decided i needed to binge eat/clean more of my pantry. Im babbling because i have to get these thoughts out. I know it's part of the journey but damn...why do i binge so much? Make excuses? Rationalize?
    Anyone give up added sugar for a month? Maybe I am addicted.

And maybe I should bug you all more often . Thanks for being "home"

Goodnight & I hope you all are doing awesome!!
  • Versicolour
    Hey. I know exactly what you mean! I blame my cycle and hormones. Some days I am fine and other days all I can think about is chocolate and icing sugar and marshmallows!! It's really bad!
  • sdancer2017
    @Versicolour !!! I love your beautiful face!! Yes...i was just looking up to se if my last binge was a month ago.

I wonder if i could really go a month...im traveling a lot in March, was gonna try a shake detox & this no sugar thing. Then the gym might have a challenge. Could be a perfect mix of things to get me accountable & start new habits....or it will be the perfect storm....you all might be happy you are in a land far far away from me hahaha
  • Versicolour
    Ah! Thank you :flowerforyou:

Haha! It may well be the end of civilization as we know it!!! Think positive though. Maybe this is just what you need
  • bootyrubsandtacos

Last week I bought 4 full sized candy bars & ate them all within a half hour. I'm realizing my destructive connection with food. In 18 hours I ate 3 pints of culvers ice cream cuz they were on sale. Then, rather than save them, i thought "eat em all now, otherwise you'll eat a little every day for the next month"
    Today, after doing so well at the gym & nutrition for a whopping second day in a row, i decided i needed to binge eat/clean more of my pantry. Im babbling because i have to get these thoughts out. I know it's part of the journey but damn...why do i binge so much? Make excuses? Rationalize?
    Anyone give up added sugar for a month? Maybe I am addicted.

And maybe I should bug you all more often . Thanks for being "home"

Goodnight & I hope you all are doing awesome!!

I feel your pain. I have the same problem @sdancer2017 Food is an escape for me. It’s so ingrained in my psyche to turn to food during a heightened emotion. I think it can be unlearned, but it takes a lot of persistence and dedication. Also food is just amazing! Junk food is FUN to eat. If anyone says it isn’t they’re delusional lmao

• Versicolour
    One word: cookies
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    One word: cookies

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • sdancer2017
    Does anyone else get super nerdy when someone changes a photo? @Versicolour -love the pic! I just thought "oh!! That's how beautiful that ninja is ☺"
    It feels like another step to get to know you awesome peeps!

Going to workout now-will think of you all!

What physical or nutritional goals did everyone accomplish this past week?
  • Versicolour
    Does anyone else get super nerdy when someone changes a photo? @Versicolour -love the pic! I just thought "oh!! That's how beautiful that ninja is ☺"
    It feels like another step to get to know you awesome peeps!

Going to workout now-will think of you all!

What physical or nutritional goals did everyone accomplish this past week?

Aw! I just want to squeeze you so tight right now!!! All love and hugs for you

I must admit, I get a bit confused at first when people change their profile pics. But it is also very cool to see different aspects. Like many facets of a diamond!

I semi kicked butt at a fitness challenge for karate on Saturday. The adults were lumped together (anyone over the age of 19). We had 5 exercises and the person who did the most reps in a minute won. I got 2 gold and 3 silver and I was the second oldest there (okay, out of 4, but the other two were just into their 20's). I won the sit ups and quadruple punches and the side shuffle with back hand strike (oraken). I'm quite proud of myself!
  • sdancer2017
    @Versicolour I love hugs
  • sdancer2017
    Hey it chopped off the rest of what I wrote!

Let me try again. @Versicolour You should be proud of yourself! That is sooo awesome!

What's the next challenge?