Progress & support

Replies

• bootyrubsandtacos
    bootyrubsandtacos Posts: 775 Member
    I never even heard of Aldi’s until like 2 months ago! We don’t have stores like that in NY. 20 bucks wouldn’t buy you sh** in my old neighborhood (I live in PA now) Pfftt 100 bucks wouldn’t be enough :s
  • ColinIsTheName
    ColinIsTheName Posts: 365 Member
    I never even heard of Aldi’s until like 2 months ago! We don’t have stores like that in NY. 20 bucks wouldn’t buy you sh** in my old neighborhood (I live in PA now) Pfftt 100 bucks wouldn’t be enough :s

We have WinCo, which is employee owned and pretty cheap. I would love for Aldi's to come in though.
  • CryingBlue
    CryingBlue Posts: 270 Member
    cwells16 wrote: »
    I need to vent a little to hold myself accountable.

My anxiety got the best of me a little bit last night. I did so well the entire day calorie wise and then when I tried to go to sleep I started ruminating over worst case scenarios. I don’t know what it is about the night, but it’s it’s like my anxieties intensify. I worry about my mom getting sick or dying. Some days I don’t even think about it, but other days it consumes me. The year she was bedridden almost killed me. I wouldn’t wish that on my worst enemy. I honestly don’t think I can go through that again. My mom is my best friend and partner in crime. When she goes I’ll be alone.

So anyway I got the urge to eat while laying in bed. I managed to talk myself out of it and stave off the urge with a piece of hard candy ( I keep them by my bed) and then my cat started meowing, so I went into the kitchen and fed her and then I ate two snack pack puddings, a handful of cereal and a cracker. Was it a major binge? No, but I wasn’t hungry. Whenever I’m sad and anxious my first inclination is to eat. How do you unlearn that?

I’m not going to give up though. I’m going to workout this morning and get right back on track. I even logged the small binge.

I often do the same thing while trying to sleep. Good for you not going on a crazy binge. Great job actually logging it and making a plan to sweat it out. I think you handled it better than I would have, since I have corn dogs in my freezer. :) It's a good thing you realize why it happened, and just try to manage the binge in the future.

Thanks! :blush: I don’t think I could’ve resisted corn dogs though! I can’t keep ANY kind of “trigger food” in my kitchen. Well not this early in my weightloss journey :neutral: I had to tell my mom to keep the rest of her snack packs in her room. I can resist temptation when I’m outside, but not in the house you know?
    I’m a little more excited then I should be about getting 5 containers of black berries for 79 cents per container :p:o I have never seen a container of berries for less than 4 bucks. Aldi’s for the win!!

Aldis is a great place to shop - with such a large family, I have to pinch every penny I can. Aldi definitely is my goto place for fruit and veggies!!!

It really is! The fact that I can get all of my staples for under 30 bucks is a amazing. I get so excited when I go in there lmao :smiley:

I wish Aldi's was in Washington State! It seems like it'd right at home in Seattle.

Me too! I keep hearing great things about Aldi's but i have never seen one. But I do love WinCo.
  • ColinIsTheName
    CryingBlue wrote: »

My anxiety got the best of me a little bit last night. I did so well the entire day calorie wise and then when I tried to go to sleep I started ruminating over worst case scenarios. I don’t know what it is about the night, but it’s it’s like my anxieties intensify. I worry about my mom getting sick or dying. Some days I don’t even think about it, but other days it consumes me. The year she was bedridden almost killed me. I wouldn’t wish that on my worst enemy. I honestly don’t think I can go through that again. My mom is my best friend and partner in crime. When she goes I’ll be alone.

So anyway I got the urge to eat while laying in bed. I managed to talk myself out of it and stave off the urge with a piece of hard candy ( I keep them by my bed) and then my cat started meowing, so I went into the kitchen and fed her and then I ate two snack pack puddings, a handful of cereal and a cracker. Was it a major binge? No, but I wasn’t hungry. Whenever I’m sad and anxious my first inclination is to eat. How do you unlearn that?

I’m not going to give up though. I’m going to workout this morning and get right back on track. I even logged the small binge.

I often do the same thing while trying to sleep. Good for you not going on a crazy binge. Great job actually logging it and making a plan to sweat it out. I think you handled it better than I would have, since I have corn dogs in my freezer. :) It's a good thing you realize why it happened, and just try to manage the binge in the future.

Thanks! :blush: I don’t think I could’ve resisted corn dogs though! I can’t keep ANY kind of “trigger food” in my kitchen. Well not this early in my weightloss journey :neutral: I had to tell my mom to keep the rest of her snack packs in her room. I can resist temptation when I’m outside, but not in the house you know?
    I’m a little more excited then I should be about getting 5 containers of black berries for 79 cents per container :p:o I have never seen a container of berries for less than 4 bucks. Aldi’s for the win!!

Aldis is a great place to shop - with such a large family, I have to pinch every penny I can. Aldi definitely is my goto place for fruit and veggies!!!

It really is! The fact that I can get all of my staples for under 30 bucks is a amazing. I get so excited when I go in there lmao :smiley:

I wish Aldi's was in Washington State! It seems like it'd right at home in Seattle.

Me too! I keep hearing great things about Aldi's but i have never seen one. But I do love WinCo.

Do you live in soggy land too?
  • CryingBlue

Yes I do. I'm near Vancouver.
  • ColinIsTheName

Wow nice! I live just a bit north in Cowlitz County. I'll be coming through there today. Have a great day neighbor!
  • CryingBlue

Wow nice! I live just a bit north in Cowlitz County. I'll be coming through there today. Have a great day neighbor!

Wow, you are not too far at all, haha
  • ColinIsTheName

Were you born in the area? I've lived in Soggyland all my life.
  • CryingBlue

Were you born in the area? I've lived in Soggyland all my life.

Yes born and raised
  • CryingBlue
    However my husband and I traveled the US for 7 months last year. We would still be living on the road now, but we can home to care for my mother.
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    Where’s “soggyland”? @cwells16

Vancouver is on my list of destination spots :) PA is really the farthest I’ve been out of NYC. I can’t wait to travel some day o:)
  • ColinIsTheName

I assumed you meant Vancouver, Washington. Did you mean B.C.?
  • CryingBlue

Yes Vancouver Washington, I forgot to say state. Haha. However I have been to Vancouver B.C. planning another trip there this year to visit family.
  • ColinIsTheName

Yes Vancouver Washington, I forgot to say state. Haha. However I have been to Vancouver B.C. planning another trip there this year to visit family.

It's like having to say Washington State so people don't assume it's D.C. I'm guessing @bootyrubsandtacos was referring to the Canadian knockoff version.
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    Yeah I was :D
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    edited January 2018
    NM
  • CryingBlue
    edited January 2018
    Happy Friday! How is everyone this week? Its been pretty quiet here.
    I'm finally getting my attitude in check and am doing better with my eating and participating in Dry January. I'm also about to sigh up for a 5k mud obstical course for this summer. This is so far outside my comfort zone its not even funny. :neutral:

@cwells16 I would love to hear your weightloss story if you are comfortable sharing. It sounds like you have lost a lot and are nearly to your goal :smiley:
  • 40xBEFOREx40
    40xBEFOREx40 Posts: 208 Member
    I'm finally getting my attitude in check and am doing better with my eating and participating in Dry January. I'm also about to sigh up for a 5k mud obstical course for this summer. This is so far outside my comfort zone its not even funny. :neutral:

@cwells16 I would love to hear your weightloss story if you are comfortable sharing. It sounds like you have lost a lot and are nearly to your goal :smiley:

Well, it's Friday, so that's great! Although I work a second job, so I will still be busy this weekend. No rest for the weary. As far as diet/exercise, I just can't seem to get in the groove. No motivation or desire to workout - and I do well during the day (for the most part) regarding food, but when I get home, all hell breaks loose...
  • CryingBlue
    @PappingtonSteel did you mention before you had a big family? Do they help and encourage you?
  • ColinIsTheName

I would definitely share sometime.
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    edited January 2018

That’s awesome! :smiley:

This week was kind of bad for me. I binged the night before, I was feeling sick from my IH (intracranial hypertension) and I broke down yesterday, because the elevator in our apartment was out of order when we got back from running errands. My mom is in a wheelchair............ Yeah. Luckily we live on the first floor and it’s “only” one flight of stairs. I ran upstairs and got her other wheelchair (I couldn’t lift the one she was in. It’s too heavy) and parked it right at the top of the stairs, and then I went back down and pushed her right in front of the stairs, and I just stayed right behind her while she slowly made her way up the stairs. She was a little shaky in the beginning. I had to help her lift her bad leg a few times (she has nerve damage down her right leg and foot from her spinal surgeries) but by the grace of God we made it to the top safely.

It was just a bad day and everything was getting on my nerves and I just broke down crying after wattling up the stairs with a bunch of heavy groceries. I’m just like ALWAYS in a bad mood. It’s like my will to live just gets smaller with every passing day. I’m going for an intake on Tuesday to see a psychiatrist. I feel like I need to be on some sort of mood stabilizer. I have really bad anger issues. I’m not the type to yell or break things, but I shut down and completely isolate myself. It makes losing weight a nightmare.

• CryingBlue
    @bootyrubsandtacos that sounds like such a hard day, I'm sorry about the elevator. I hope tomorrow will be better. Its always so refreshing to know you can start over fresh the next day. I have been having anger issues lately too and its very much not like me. But my life has changed so much in the past few months its been hard to adjust. Talking to a doctor should be good. I hope you find something that helps you.
  • ColinIsTheName

That’s awesome! :smiley:

This week was kind of bad for me. I binged the night before, I was feeling sick from my IH (intracranial hypertension) and I broke down yesterday, because the elevator in our apartment was out of order when we got back from running errands. My mom is in a wheelchair............ Yeah. Luckily we live on the first floor and it’s “only” one flight of stairs. I ran upstairs and got her other wheelchair (I couldn’t lift the one she was in. It’s too heavy) and parked it right at the top of the stairs, and then I went back down and pushed her right in front of the stairs, and I just stayed right behind her while she slowly made her way up the stairs. She was a little shaky in the beginning. I had to help her lift her bad leg a few times (she has nerve damage down her right leg and foot from her spinal surgeries) but by the grace of God we made it to the top safely.

It was just a bad day and everything was getting on my nerves and I just broke down crying after wattling up the stairs with a bunch of heavy groceries. I’m just like ALWAYS in a bad mood. It’s like my will to live just gets smaller with every passing day. I’m going for an intake on Tuesday to see a psychiatrist. I feel like I need to be on some sort of mood stabilizer. I have really bad anger issues. I’m not the type to yell or break things, but I shut down and completely isolate myself. It makes losing weight a nightmare.
    I am so sorry you are having such a rough go. You can always sound off here, I'm sure people wouldn't mind listening.
  • sdancer2017
    sdancer2017 Posts: 178 Member
    That's exactly why I wanted to start this thread. Sometimes talking to these friends seems easier than those we see/talk to all the time. Sounds like a great plan @bootyrubsandtacos. And you can all message me too if you want. The rough spots will come. But we can help ea other through them. Sometimes SAAD gets a hold of us, sometimes it's every month we get really angry or anxious), sometimes it's just one hit after another. Just know I sincerely care about those of you I've chatted with & think of you all quite often. I will send you good thoughts/energy (and I'm sending hugs to @bootyrubsandtacos, @cwell16, @CryingBlue).
  • sdancer2017
    Ooops @cwells16 :)
  • ColinIsTheName
    Ooops @cwells16 :)

I am complete!! :D
  • sdancer2017
    Are you telling me to go to hell? Are you calling me the devil? Ouch (pouty face)
  • ColinIsTheName
    Are you telling me to go to hell? Are you calling me the devil? Ouch (pouty face)

I'm sharing with you a delightful little ditty meant to uplift your soul...and that *kitten*' devil really shreds *kitten*!
  • ColinIsTheName
    F##*+n' and a*s respectively! :D