Progress & support

12345679»

Replies

• Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Thanks @sdancer2017 :blush:

I am recovering from a bee sting (suddenly I seem to be allergic to them). For karate though, the next thing is probably our grading in June!
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    bootyrubsandtacos Posts: 775 Member
    FINALLY off my meds. Praise the lord o:) . I IMMEDIATELY felt a decrease in my appetite once I stop taking them. I can finally drop some real weight now.

How’s everyone doing? Anyone? Bueller? lol
  • sdancer2017
    sdancer2017 Posts: 178 Member
    Yeah @bootyrubsandtacos!!! Very excited to see how that helps you with progress! Keep me updated, even if it's in personal message!

I'm trying to eat healthy & stop those binge fests. We'll see how I'm doing come my next weigh in measurements.

It's spring everyone! A time to grow & try new things! Good luck!
  • CryingBlue
    CryingBlue Posts: 270 Member
    edited March 2018
    I'm still here. Closing in on my first weight goal. 10.5 pounds to go. So I currently have hyper focus on my weight and eating.

Life is difficult and challenging right now so I have been pretty quiet.

I hope everyone is doing well on their own personal journeys.
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    Yeah @bootyrubsandtacos!!! Very excited to see how that helps you with progress! Keep me updated, even if it's in personal message!

I'm trying to eat healthy & stop those binge fests. We'll see how I'm doing come my next weigh in measurements.

It's spring everyone! A time to grow & try new things! Good luck!

Thanks!! <3o:)
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    CryingBlue wrote: »
    I'm still here. Closing in on my first weight goal. 10.5 pounds to go. So I currently have hyper focus on my weight and eating.

That’s exciting!! I’m really sorry to hear that @CryingBlue I can definitely relate. I hope things get better for you : o:)<3

• CryingBlue

That’s exciting!! I’m really sorry to hear that @CryingBlue I can definitely relate. I hope things get better for you : o:)<3

Thank you ❤
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    Working out makes me horny AS F$&!!!! Omg!! lmao I’ve been really consistent with my morning workouts and I notice every time I get into workout routine my sex drive sky rockets, and I don’t have a big sex drive to begin with. I’ve been abstinent for 6 years and it took absolutely no effort. Is this common or just another one of my weird quirks? :D
  • CryingBlue
    edited April 2018
    Working out makes me horny AS F$&!!!! Omg!! lmao I’ve been really consistent with my morning workouts and I notice every time I get into workout routine my sex drive sky rockets, and I don’t have a big sex drive to begin with. I’ve been abstinent for 6 years and it took absolutely no effort. Is this common or just another one of my weird quirks? :D

Giggle

I wish it worked that way for me, but I'm afraid I would wear out my husband that way. I haven't been working out much lately. But I really do want to again, just haven't been taking the time. I also got hurt recently, but I think I'm healed enough to get going again. Anyways, working out gives me more energy and just makes me feel better about myself. So I can totally see that increasing your sex drive. Luckily I haven't had problems in that area. I can't imagine going that long without sex. I have been active since I was 16 (only my husband, sorry I'm boring that way, ha! ) and the longest I have gone without was 4 weeks. :neutral:
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    I haven't found that much. I don't have anyone to focus that energy on anyway. I think my marriage kind of suppressed that urge and I am wary to consider anything of the sort again. At least until there is someone who can change my mind about it
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    edited April 2018

Giggle

I wish it worked that way for me, but I'm afraid I would wear out my husband that way. I haven't been working out much lately. But I really do want to again, just haven't been taking the time. I also got hurt recently, but I think I'm healed enough to get going again. Anyways, working out gives me more energy and just makes me feel better about myself. So I can totally see that increasing your sex drive. Luckily I haven't had problems in that area. I can't imagine going that long without sex. I have been active since I was 16 (only my husband, sorry I'm boring that way, ha! ) and the longest I have gone without was 4 weeks. :neutral:

I hope you feel better soon @CryingBlue :( Yeah you’re probably right. I definitely feel an increase in energy. I guess all the blood pumping and endorphins has something to do with it hehehe.

I’ve had extremely bad luck with men and my last “relationship” kind of sent me over the edge and I’ve kind of swore off dating indefinitely. I did the casual hook up thing for a brief period when I was a younger and that got old REAL fast. So I just made the decision to remain abstinent. Mediocre sex with some as****** is not worth the grief and heartache that comes along with it. It’s probably one of the smartest decisions I’ve ever made.
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    edited April 2018
    I haven't found that much. I don't have anyone to focus that energy on anyway. I think my marriage kind of suppressed that urge and I am wary to consider anything of the sort again. At least until there is someone who can change my mind about it

I know what you mean @Versicolour :)

Hey you guuuuuyyyyyys!!!! Get in here! We’re talking about my new found horniness and relationships and stuff lmao @sdancer2017
    @ColinIsTheName @40xBEFOREx40

@sdancer2017 did you catch that movie reference? lol
  • sdancer2017
    Hahaha!!!!
    @bootyrubsandtacos "One -eyed Willy...."(inhaler gasp noise)

Every time I hear that Cindy Lauper song I think of the hot guy working out on his recliner! I'm sorry I missed this discussion! I turned off notifications & the last few times I've tried to peak in here, the system has been down!
    I have been thinking of you all though!

I've been really emotional lately & trying to figure out patterns. I do think it's related to endorphins like you all said.

And yes, I think random sex has lost it's appeal. Rather have feelings behind it-it's better with an emotional connection, don't ya think?

Does anyone have a 3 month goal? I really am trying to figure out those patterns. Gym membership is done in Aug & I gotta stop my cyclical binge eating

Hugs & high fives with a cool dance move to you all!
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    Hahaha!!!!
    @bootyrubsandtacos "One -eyed Willy...."(inhaler gasp noise)

Every time I hear that Cindy Lauper song I think of the hot guy working out on his recliner! I'm sorry I missed this discussion! I turned off notifications & the last few times I've tried to peak in here, the system has been down!
    I have been thinking of you all though!

I've been really emotional lately & trying to figure out patterns. I do think it's related to endorphins like you all said.

And yes, I think random sex has lost it's appeal. Rather have feelings behind it-it's better with an emotional connection, don't ya think?

Does anyone have a 3 month goal? I really am trying to figure out those patterns. Gym membership is done in Aug & I gotta stop my cyclical binge eating

Hugs & high fives with a cool dance move to you all!

Josh Brolin! He played Sean astin’s (Mikey) older brother (Brand) in the movie. The goonies is such a classic. “Hey look it’s chunk!” looooool

I’m sorry you’ve been feeling out of sorts @sdancer2017 I know what that’s like. Things will fall into place. They always do. I thought I would never get over my nighttime binge eating, but as soon as I got my meds under control I was able to completely stop. It’s been a month since I’ve binged.

It was never appealing to me to begin with. I was just trying to fill some void (*snort* no pun intended :wink:) and I had no self esteem back then. Oh well. You live and you learn.

I don’t have a three month goal per say. I just want to be down 100lbs by September, but right now I’m just trying to get through each month you know? *siiiiiigh*
  • CryingBlue
    Hi all! I think we are just down to me @sdancer2017 and @bootyrubsandtacos. I think everyone else left :neutral: too bad we don't have a private group, this feels so public.

Anyways, I wrote a long reply before and lost it and totally forgot what I wrote, typical of me. So I'm nearly to my weight loss goal and will be going into mantiance soon. ( .2 pounds over "normal bmi) Totally scared and excited, going to focus on more fitness goals. However that is only going to last about 3ish months. Husband and I are planing to try to get pregnant late this summer. I'm terrified of gaining back the weight and plan to keep logging all my food through out the pregnancy. Exciting and scary. IUD is out, this *kitten* is getting real!
  • CryingBlue
    I kinda like how it says kitten instead of s-hit. But I love kittens, if you didnt notice, lol

@sdancer2017 how are you doing?

@bootyrubsandtacos how are you, and how is life with your mom? Mine keeps buying junk food and I keep giving it away. I don't think she has noticed. :wink:
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    edited April 2018
    Hi all! I think we are just down to me @sdancer2017 and @bootyrubsandtacos. I think everyone else left :neutral: too bad we don't have a private group, this feels so public.

Anyways, I wrote a long reply before and lost it and totally forgot what I wrote, typical of me. So I'm nearly to my weight loss goal and will be going into mantiance soon. ( .2 pounds over "normal bmi) Totally scared and excited, going to focus on more fitness goals. However that is only going to last about 3ish months. Husband and I are planing to try to get pregnant late this summer. I'm terrified of gaining back the weight and plan to keep logging all my food through out the pregnancy. Exciting and scary. IUD is out, this *kitten* is getting real!

Congratulations on being close to your goal!!! Omg how exciting!!! Have fun! lol
    I kinda like how it says kitten instead of s-hit. But I love kittens, if you didnt notice, lol

@bootyrubsandtacos how are you, and how is life with your mom? Mine keeps buying junk food and I keep giving it away. I don't think she has noticed. :wink:

I’m doing pretty damn good actually! @CryingBlue Since coming off my meds my appetite has decreased sooooo much. I haven’t binged in over a month. I’m working out every single day. I started out doing 20 mins and now I usually workout for an hour or more every morning. I think I’m becoming addicted. I have SOOOOO much energy. My clothes fit better, my leg pain has gone away. Getting my mom dressed and taking her to water therapy is a breeze. My IH (intracranial hypertension aka my brain produces too much cerebral fluid) is getting better from all the water weight I’m losing. I just feel really focused you know? Exercise really helps me cope WAY more then food ever has. My binge episodes were just adding to my anxiety and depression.

My mom is okay for the most part. She’s been pretty depressed though lately. Living with chronic pain isn’t easy. Her quality of life isn’t the best. My brother who lives in NY is also an addict and he’s in a really bad place right now, so she worries constantly about him. Me and him are estranged. We haven’t talked in almost two years. I had to cut him out of my life to keep my sanity. I can’t take care of him and my mother. It’s mentally too much for me.
  • CryingBlue

Congratulations on being close to your goal!!! Omg how exciting!!! Have fun! lol

I’m doing pretty damn good actually! @CryingBlue Since coming off my meds my appetite has decreased sooooo much. I haven’t binged in over a month. I’m working out every single day. I started out doing 20 mins and now I usually workout for an hour or more every morning. I think I’m becoming addicted. I have SOOOOO much energy. My clothes fit better, my leg pain has gone away. Getting my mom dressed and taking her to water therapy is a breeze. My IH (intracranial hypertension aka my brain produces too much cerebral fluid) is getting better from all the water weight I’m losing. I just feel really focused you know? Exercise really helps me cope WAY more then food ever has. My binge episodes were just adding to my anxiety and depression.

My mom is okay for the most part. She’s been pretty depressed though lately. Living with chronic pain isn’t easy. Her quality of life isn’t the best. My brother who lives in NY is also an addict and he’s in a really bad place right now, so she worries constantly about him. Me and him are estranged. We haven’t talked in almost two years. I had to cut him out of my life to keep my sanity. I can’t take care of him and my mother. It’s mentally too much for me.

Big hugs to you! How wonderful that exercise is helping you so much. My mom also deals with depression. She has had recurring cancer for 10 years now and lost he love ( my dad) in August. I also have a sister who is a RX pill addict. I haven't spoken to her since Dad passed. Family can be a struggle.
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    Thanks!! <3o:)@CryingBlue

Oh lord, I know that has to be rough. I can’t blame her for being depressed. It’s an awful feeling seeing your parents get sick and decline. I hate it. You and your family have my utmost sympathy. I know how hard it is.

That’s an understatement :/
  • sdancer2017
    Hi everyone!!
    @bootyrubsandtacos & @CryingBlue -what about something like group text but through here?

Soooooo happy reading these updates for many reasons:
    - we are talking about health & not looks. I read that helps make the progress stick. I've been shifting to phrases like healthier & stronger when people say "skinnier"
    - you cut the toxic out of your lives. It's a horrible disease & I feel for you, your families & the person w the addiction. I've lived an addict w all my heart. I've known a lot. I still care & love but cutting that person out of my life was the healthiest decision I've made-never thought I'd feel so much happier/less scared/less worried.
    - you are seeing progress! Weight goals-huge success! Conquering the binge eating-any tips??(thats what I do)More energy, healthy pregnancy, off meds---exciting!!
    - I thought of you both yesterday. I was going to decrease my weight while lifting. "Ahhh it's too heavy-decrease it. No! We are all working so hard! I can't fall behind! All these women are conquering so many things-dont quit!"
    - Mom said "show off your muscles-look at her muscles" so that was pretty cool. Then she made 2 cherry turnovers for me. Since I ate 2 & a bunch of unhealthy stuff the day before, I was able to turn down the turnovers
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    edited May 2018
    Hi everyone!!
    @bootyrubsandtacos & @CryingBlue -what about something like group text but through here?

Soooooo happy reading these updates for many reasons:
    - we are talking about health & not looks. I read that helps make the progress stick. I've been shifting to phrases like healthier & stronger when people say "skinnier"
    - you cut the toxic out of your lives. It's a horrible disease & I feel for you, your families & the person w the addiction. I've lived an addict w all my heart. I've known a lot. I still care & love but cutting that person out of my life was the healthiest decision I've made-never thought I'd feel so much happier/less scared/less worried.
    - you are seeing progress! Weight goals-huge success! Conquering the binge eating-any tips??(thats what I do)More energy, healthy pregnancy, off meds---exciting!!
    - I "Mom said "show off your muscles-look at her muscles" so that was pretty cool. Then she made 2 cherry turnovers for me. Since I ate 2 & a bunch of unhealthy stuff the day before, I was able to turn down the turnovers

I’m down! @sdancer2017 :smiley: just set it up and let me know.

Sometimes it needs to be done you know? I don’t give up on people easily either and I am ultra sensitive, but there comes a time when enough is enough. I don’t feel guilty about it either. I’ve been taking care of everyone since I was a teenager. This is my time to focus on me.

Well, for me my binge eating was rooted in my medication. I was taking remeron for sleep for over a year and gained over 50lbs. One of its notorious side affects is increased appetite. I read they give it to anorexics to help stimulate their appetite. It took me a few months to put two and two together. I tried tapering off of it on my own, but my A********** PCP didn’t feel “comfortable” prescribing me a new med. anyway FF two months ago I FINALLY found a psychiatrist and he got me off the med, and after 3 days my appetite completely decreased. I stopped late night binging. I don’t get up in the middle of the night to eat anymore, I eat slower. I used to scarf down the food when I was taking the meds. I’m also just SICK of being fat and having IH. My mindset just completely shifted. I don’t find comfort in food anymore, because binging ruined my life. That’s how I quit drinking.........It stopped being fun, so I just stopped. Working out helps A LOT because it’s such a stress reliever. The binging was ADDING to my stress and anxiety. I also eat in a way that doesn’t make me feel deprived. I don’t subscribe to terms like “cheat meals” “clean eating”. It’s not that serious! That’s too much pressure lmao I still eat Burger King and DD. I get the value menu cheese burger and onion rings. Super cheap and low in calories. At Dunkin’ Donuts I get a egg and cheese on English muffin with unsweetened ice tea (I use splenda) I make it work you know? If I want ice cream I get ONE small friendly’s sundae cup and I’m happy with that. Why do we HAVE to eat an entire pint of ice cream? Why can’t we be okay with a small serving? I think just taking the pressure of yourself and relaxing a little bit help too. Like none of us are perfect. Lifestyle changes are not easy. We just have to keep going.

YAAASSS!!! I’m so glad you pushed through :smiley:
  • sdancer2017
    Wonderful words of helpfulness & shared experiences! I LOOOVE your new mindset!!