Progress & support

Replies

• ColinIsTheName
    ColinIsTheName Posts: 365 Member
    I gave away my clothes as soon as I could as I lost weight. I bought a brand new pair of jeans in August and they became too big before I even washed them for the first time. Do NOT keep them one second longer than necessary, or that safety net will be there. I use my old sweater as a circus tent!
  • sdancer2017
    sdancer2017 Posts: 178 Member
    @cwells16 I love you & your posts. I'm glad all the circuses get to use your vibrant sweaters haha
    You are so right about the safety net! I did think "well then if I gain it back I won't need to spend money..."
    But why would I go back? hahaha

Thanks everyone! And I hope it helped you think about what you WILL do WHEN you lose weight/inches & get even healthier!
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    bootyrubsandtacos Posts: 775 Member
    Thanks for the compliment o:)@cwells16
  • CryingBlue
    CryingBlue Posts: 270 Member
    How is everyone this week? Hump day is over, and I'm hearing crickets over here.
    Its been a slow, lazyish week for me. Need to get motivated again. Maybe plan a camping trip or somthing fun like that. It's just so cold and rainy. I may still plan one, lol. The beach seems to be calling my name.
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    OOH! Camping and beach. Two stellar ideas!
  • ColinIsTheName
    I started strength training this week with resistance bands, and my body is super sore. I have to keep going, because I promise @sdancer2017 I would look exactly like the Rock!
  • CryingBlue
    The rock has a good look, the question is can you match the smile and eye brow raise ?? @cwells16
  • ColinIsTheName
    I've tried the eyebrow, but I look like I'm either constantly surprised or confused. My smile makes The Rock look like a pile of puke! :D:D Now I just need to be discovered!
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    CryingBlue wrote: »
    How is everyone this week? Hump day is over, and I'm hearing crickets over here.
    Its been a slow, lazyish week for me. Need to get motivated again. Maybe plan a camping trip or somthing fun like that. It's just so cold and rainy. I may still plan one, lol. The beach seems to be calling my name.

It was a super emotionally, draining week for me. I had a bad period, I ran out of sleeping pills and I got into a argument with my best friend. I told her I didn’t want to be friends anymore in a bitchy letter and I’m starting to regret it. She sent my mother a long text. I think I might have overreacted. I was talking to her about my money problems and she started complaining about her boss for “only” paying her $500 a week. I called her out and told her she was being insensitive, entitled and a brat, and that most people would be ecstatic to make that much a week. Including myself. I blocked and deleted her number before she could even respond. Her attitude was just really pissing me off.

• bootyrubsandtacos
    We made up. I gotta stop using this forum as my own personal therapist :s Anyone????? Bueller????
  • ColinIsTheName
    Hey people, where y’all been (apparently I’m southern)?!
  • Versicolour
    Hi! I have been doing a zombie apocalypse challenge and have slowly been turning into one!!

I did get a job. It is freelance and project based, so not steady income. But there is plenty of room to branch out and it is money, which is better than nothing!!!
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    Congrats!!! @Versicolour
  • Versicolour
    Congrats!!! @Versicolour

Thank you :smiley:
  • sdancer2017
    Hi dear friends! !! Sorry this macro thing took over my life. Then i waa super gassy & bloated all the time, which makes it suuuper hard to workout so I can look like Chyna (??? That one chick wrestler from back in day? It's my lame attempt to tie together the Rock reference ). Buuuut....i decided to splurge & get a Fresh & Lean subscription. Cuz im super lazy & after all this damn macro putzing, consulting w nutritionists, i just am going to go vegan & well balanced & see how that works. I'm also going to Hawaii. I will be paying it off for a looong time, but it's where I always wanted to go w my ex husband and it's over the weekend we got married (which has been hard on me for years) AND it's an Active Escape with yoga, obstacle courses with Ninja Warriors & 2 trainings per day. All inclusive! ! So...I did it. You only live once!

So everyone, what will you do that's out of your comfort zone, but will ultimately make your soul smile?
  • Versicolour
    Awesome!! Go get life, you can't wait for it to come to you!

I am thinking of getting my wedding ring tattoo removed this year (it would have been our 11th anniversary). Or perhaps, if I don't get around to it, on the anniversary of our divorce.
  • CryingBlue
    @sdancer2017 that sounds like an amazing trip. I hope its awesome and that you love it. I have always wanted to go to Hawaii, maybe someday.
    I'm doing a rud run obstical course in July and it's way outside my comfort zone. Speaking of that, I need to get my but in gear training. I have been slacking off lately.

@ColinIsTheName You got a new name? Did you have MFP stalkers?
  • ColinIsTheName
    I have had some before @CryingBlue, but I really just wanted my first name in there. @sdancer2017 Chyna was never with The Rock, silly billy. Obviously she was with Triple H! Plus, you look nothing like a jacked up man! Phew!
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    Hi dear friends! !! Sorry this macro thing took over my life. Then i waa super gassy & bloated all the time, which makes it suuuper hard to workout so I can look like Chyna (??? That one chick wrestler from back in day? It's my lame attempt to tie together the Rock reference ). Buuuut....i decided to splurge & get a Fresh & Lean subscription. Cuz im super lazy & after all this damn macro putzing, consulting w nutritionists, i just am going to go vegan & well balanced & see how that works. I'm also going to Hawaii. I will be paying it off for a looong time, but it's where I always wanted to go w my ex husband and it's over the weekend we got married (which has been hard on me for years) AND it's an Active Escape with yoga, obstacle courses with Ninja Warriors & 2 trainings per day. All inclusive! ! So...I did it. You only live once!

So everyone, what will you do that's out of your comfort zone, but will ultimately make your soul smile?

Have fun!!! :smiley::smiley: Nothing in the near future. I have some good news though! I have enough money to pay for school. I’m hoping to go to the next session in May. Things are FINALLY starting to look up. I just need to get off these meds so I can start losing again :neutral:
  • 40xBEFOREx40
    40xBEFOREx40 Posts: 208 Member
    Welp... I am now almost back to my heaviest weight - as of this morning, I am at 171. My heaviest was 175.
  • CryingBlue
    Welp... I am now almost back to my heaviest weight - as of this morning, I am at 171. My heaviest was 175.

Sorry to hear that. Not sure if it will make you feel any better but my heaviest weight was 227.
  • ColinIsTheName

Sorry to hear that. Not sure if it will make you feel any better but my heaviest weight was 227.

How about this...my heaviest weight was 427!!
  • CryingBlue

How about this...my heaviest weight was 427!!

Ok you win....
  • CryingBlue
    However, you are more that a foot taller than me
  • ColinIsTheName
    However, you are more that a foot taller than me

Only with shoes on. Otherwise, it’s basically a tie! :D
  • Versicolour
    Since we're comparing, my heaviest was 218 lb. Well, that's when I stopped getting on a scale. I might have been more.
  • sdancer2017
    Well, everyone thank you for encouraging me to take that trip! @Versicolour, that sounds like an awesome gift to yourself! @bootyrubsandtacos congrats!! This is your up swing. We all have blessings & bad times, & I hope you get to ride tge upswing for a while!you deserve it! @CryingBlue i was wondering about @ColinIsTheName & all his pic changes. I think he's working on getting discovered.....

So i ate a lot today. I let my friends dictate what i ate. I'd say "oh i want a cinnabon" they'd say let's check out the cupcakes. I f-in ate a large cinnabon then ten minutes later, ate a giant cupcake. This was after a HUGE lunch. THEN after looking at myself in tge mirror & talkin $!#^ to myself, I ate hard crybabies & razzles. THEN after i left the bar (no alcohol so i guess that's a plus) i drove to TWO McDonald's. 1st one was only accepting cash. So i drove to another semi out of the way one. Then that one no one answered.....so i drove around AGAIN for medium fry that was cold & half cooked (still ate 90% of it), & a cherry pie. What tge HELL happened to me today????!!!!

I tell myself my goal isnt gonna happen so why bother? You already screwed up the day, just REALLY screw it up & get back on track tomorrow. You don't actually look different, people are just being nice cuz they know you're spending $ you dont have to work out.

What do you all tell yourself when you have a lapse. What sentences get you back on track?
    Those of you who shared your heaviest, how did you make it over the hump? When you may have slipped back to your heaviest?

Hugs & hope everyone is sleeping well or running around in the sunshine! It is cold & snowy & that should have deterred my trips for cold, flimsy fries......

Enjoy your days/nights!
  • ColinIsTheName
    @sdancer2017 do I make a lot of pic changes? Nothing to discover here but a huge dork! As far as weight, I got down to about 260 pounds (242 now) 10 years ago and went back to the habits that got me to 427! Slowly I put weight back on, and suddenly walked around (waddled) at 385 pounds! I don’t know why this time is different, but support from people here must have something to do with it. I look forward to seeing how everyone is doing and how their lives are shaping up. I’m a pretty introverted person normally, so it’s big for me to step out like this.
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    edited February 2018
    Well, everyone thank you for encouraging me to take that trip! @Versicolour, that sounds like an awesome gift to yourself! @bootyrubsandtacos congrats!! This is your up swing. We all have blessings & bad times, & I hope you get to ride tge upswing for a while!you deserve it! @CryingBlue i was wondering about @ColinIsTheName & all his pic changes. I think he's working on getting discovered.....

So i ate a lot today. I let my friends dictate what i ate. I'd say "oh i want a cinnabon" they'd say let's check out the cupcakes. I f-in ate a large cinnabon then ten minutes later, ate a giant cupcake. This was after a HUGE lunch. THEN after looking at myself in tge mirror & talkin $!#^ to myself, I ate hard crybabies & razzles. THEN after i left the bar (no alcohol so i guess that's a plus) i drove to TWO McDonald's. 1st one was only accepting cash. So i drove to another semi out of the way one. Then that one no one answered.....so i drove around AGAIN for medium fry that was cold & half cooked (still ate 90% of it), & a cherry pie. What tge HELL happened to me today????!!!!

I tell myself my goal isnt gonna happen so why bother? You already screwed up the day, just REALLY screw it up & get back on track tomorrow. You don't actually look different, people are just being nice cuz they know you're spending $ you dont have to work out.

What do you all tell yourself when you have a lapse. What sentences get you back on track?
    Those of you who shared your heaviest, how did you make it over the hump? When you may have slipped back to your heaviest?

Hugs & hope everyone is sleeping well or running around in the sunshine! It is cold & snowy & that should have deterred my trips for cold, flimsy fries......

Enjoy your days/nights!

Thanks! :smile: :smiley: I don’t have any wise words of wisdom @sdancer2017 but I can relate SO much to your post. I’ve been having binge episodes daily for the past 9 months due to emotional eating and Remeron. I’ve gained over 50lbs and my idiopathic intracranial hypertension (say that 3 times fast) has come back with a vengeance. I can’t bend over without going partially blind. I bend over or just getting up from sitting and I see a fireworks display. The only way for it to go into remission is to lose weight, but I digress. I usually just tell myself to shake it off and keep moving forward. It rarely works though. I usually fall into a depression after a major binge.

“175”, “210” Pffffffft! I WISH I weighed that much! My highest was 410. I have a feeling I might surpass that in the near future *siiiiiiigh*

Am I the only one who has never experienced an endorphin high? Exercise hasn’t done SH#*# for my depression and insomnia tbh. If anything when I was working out in the morning I felt MORE stressed out, especially if I had to get my mom dressed to go out. Like between working out for 30 mins, helping her shower and get dressed, and then having to get MYSELF showered and dressed I would be over it in a week. I wasn’t doing high intensity workouts either. I guess I could do it in the afternoon. Or just alternate depending on what I have to do that day.
  • CryingBlue
    @sdancer2017 one day won't ruin all your progress. It happenes to all of us somtimes and it's ok. For me my big change felt like a switch went off in my head and I was ready for this. I no longer feel deprived or moody when I say no to certain foods. I'll never be able to eat like my husband and thats ok. It will just be a part of my life. I was also starting to have joint pain and that scared me. I felt too young to have joint pain problems. I wanted to not be that obese woman going to her dr. complaining about knee pain and being told I need to lose weight, well duh....
    I'm still having knee pain (45 pounds down) if it continues to be a problem once I'm a "healthy" BMI I'll talk to a dr. I never got into having issues with my weight like diabetes or heart issues, but my family has a very strong history of cancer. So I wanted to be the healthiest that I can while I'm here. There was a long time where my mentality said I'm going to die young anyways may as well be fat and drink alot. I finally had the change of heart where I realised that I could change my situation and be healthy. I now eat better and work out. Its been a longer mental road than weight loss road. Its still hard, but I feel like the change is real and will continue. I'm also the lowest weight that I have ever been as an adult. Only a little more (15 ish pounds) to go till I'm at a healthy BMI.

@bootyrubsandtacos. I have never had an endorphin rush from working out. I will feel better after a workout or hike, but have never gotten that rush. I wish I got them easier, but I don't. The only things I have noticed that I gwt them from is sweets, alcohol and sex