Progress & support

Replies

• ColinIsTheName
    ColinIsTheName Posts: 365 Member
    cwells16 wrote: »
    Aww thanks, you’re too kind o:)@sdancer2017 Wallowing in self pity is the only thing I’m good at though :D:|
    I have spent so many hours tracking my damn macros for a challenge & I just keep screwing up. I am not good at this....aghhh. so you take a break in wallowing/hand that batton off to me & I'll wallow for the both of us hahaha

Both of you knock that off! Back rubs for all! ;)

I'm also wallowing! Do I get a back rub too??

Absolutely!

Oh yay!!! I could really use one right now. I'll be happy to reciprocate

This is quickly becoming my favorite place!

It is my favourite place. It's the beanbag chairs, right?

And @sdancer2017 dancing in the corner!
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    bootyrubsandtacos Posts: 775 Member
    edited January 2018
    No @bootyrubsandtacos . You are good at taking care of your mom, you're her hero. You're funny, you persevere, you're sweet...and I'm sure you're good at 90s style dancing ;)

<3 I try o:) I am actually! lmao. Does anyone remember Darrin’s Dance grooves? He was Britney Spears long time choreographer. He came out with his own dance instruction DVD. I think I was one of the 5 people who purchased it :D Good times. What kind of challenge are you doing? @sdancer2017

• CryingBlue
    CryingBlue Posts: 270 Member
    How is everyone tonight? Its been quiet here.
    I had a good week with lots of hiking and scale movement.
    I hope everyone is well
  • ColinIsTheName
    Doing well over here! Working on my last 1/2 pound to reach my goal weight!
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Awesome work guys! I am doing great with the exercise, but not so great with the eating. Not much movement on the scale. At least the movement that is there is going in the right direction, so there's that!
  • neurogirl
    neurogirl Posts: 706 Member

So close! Happy to hear you're almost there!
  • neurogirl
    neurogirl Posts: 706 Member
    I have been silly busy at work, and been getting home late. So by the time I get exercise and dinner done, I'm just about ready for bed. Not my favorite week but it's done. Now onto Saturday!
  • ColinIsTheName
    neurogirl wrote: »

So close! Happy to hear you're almost there!

Thank you! I'm surprised when I catch my reflection randomly. It's taking some time to get used to.
  • sdancer2017
    sdancer2017 Posts: 178 Member
    No @bootyrubsandtacos . You are good at taking care of your mom, you're her hero. You're funny, you persevere, you're sweet...and I'm sure you're good at 90s style dancing ;)

<3 I try o:) I am actually! lmao. Does anyone remember Darrin’s Dance grooves? He was Britney Spears long time choreographer. He came out with his own dance instruction DVD. I think I was one of the 5 people who purchased it :D Good times. What kind of challenge are you doing? @sdancer2017
    Oh my gosh I am one of the 5 too!!!! I should bust that out tomorrow along w my buns of steel vhs (I have a dvd vhs combo-it rocks!)

Sorry I've been gone but actually thinking of you all! @bootyrubsandtacos I'm working w a nutritionist who switched up my macros every week (one more week to go). If I win out of 39 people I get my $100 back. But even tho i have no $, i just realized for the first time in 5 months of training that i actually followed thru w something & reached a marker for my weight. So this macros switching up is actually helping! Im buying healthy new vegan food & cookware to bake (i seriously just ate pizza, grilled cheese, buttered noodles & cereal all the time)) Feel free to share healthy versions of comfort food you tried & liked!

Goodnight lovelies!
  • Versicolour
    I have a new comfort food: strawberry salad. Let me start off by saying that I tolerate salads because they are good for me. Strawberry salad should not be considered a salad. I make up a bowl full at a time so I don't have to share!

Baby spinach (one generous handful)
    Four - five strawberries (topped and halved)
    Slice of red onion (finely chopped)
    1/3 round of feta
    Four - six pecan or walnut halves (hand crumbled)
    Granadilla dressing drizzled over

The Granadilla dressing consists of a tin or container of Granadilla pulp (I think you call it passion fruit) and a tablespoon of malt vinegar
  • sdancer2017
    I have a new comfort food: strawberry salad. Let me start off by saying that I tolerate salads because they are good for me. Strawberry salad should not be considered a salad. I make up a bowl full at a time so I don't have to share!

1/3 round of feta

The Granadilla dressing consists of a tin or container of Granadilla pulp (I think you call it passion fruit) and a tablespoon of malt vinegar

Thank you @Versicolour !!! I think I want to start a thing for recipes! Sounds yummy. Do you make the dressing or can I buy it in a store?
  • Versicolour

1/3 round of feta

Thank you @Versicolour !!! I think I want to start a thing for recipes! Sounds yummy. Do you make the dressing or can I buy it in a store?

It's amazing! I make the dressing myself. You might find something similar in the store, but it is very simple to make
  • CryingBlue
    How is everyone doing? The weekend is over, Monday is almost here. My weight went up this week :'( ugh
    I'm struggling with baby fever right now, but scared how that will affect my weight loss goals.
  • bootyrubsandtacos

Oh my gosh I am one of the 5 too!!!! I should bust that out tomorrow along w my buns of steel vhs (I have a dvd vhs combo-it rocks!)

Sorry I've been gone but actually thinking of you all! @bootyrubsandtacos I'm working w a nutritionist who switched up my macros every week (one more week to go). If I win out of 39 people I get my $100 back. But even tho i have no $, i just realized for the first time in 5 months of training that i actually followed thru w something & reached a marker for my weight. So this macros switching up is actually helping! Im buying healthy new vegan food & cookware to bake (i seriously just ate pizza, grilled cheese, buttered noodles & cereal all the time)) Feel free to share healthy versions of comfort food you tried & liked!

Goodnight lovelies!

Heh I used to have the original firm workout VHS when I was younger lmao. That’s awesome! Are you doing something like dietbet? It’s when you bet 30 bucks and you have to lose 4% of your body weight within a month, and then you split the pot with other people who also bet 30 bucks. This girl I follow on IG, fatgirlfedup, hosts one every month.
  • bootyrubsandtacos

1/3 round of feta

I’m intrigued. I’ve always wanted to try strawberries in a salad. I like the idea of sweet and savory.
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    <3<3
    CryingBlue wrote: »
    How is everyone doing? The weekend is over, Monday is almost here. My weight went up this week :'( ugh
    I'm struggling with baby fever right now, but scared how that will affect my weight loss goals.

Awww <3 You could still workout and eat healthy while preggo o:) I wouldn’t worry about it too much tbh.
  • ColinIsTheName
    How are all of you awesome people? Let’s get people posting here more often, eh?
  • CryingBlue
    I've been wondering too. I'm hinding indoors mostly, except for a few rainy hikes. I'm letting my germaphobe fears keep me away from poeople. I don't want this nasty flu that's going around.
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    Meh. I’m pms’ing and I really don’t like my new therapist. I’m just sticking with her because I have to do some sessions first before my psychiatrist appointment . Therapy is really a hit or miss for me. I feel like I’m beyond therapy at this point. She says to me “your strong awareness of your life and emotions is what’s causing your anxiety” MIND BLOWN! I honestly had no idea! *sarcasm*. There’s something really.........Phony to me about therapy. Everything they say is SO f****** predictable. She asked me today if I ever considered getting a Aide for my mom, and I just started internally screaming. Because I HATE that question SO damn much. Like please just STFU about the damn HHA’s!!!!! They’re complete and utter TRASH. I have YEARS of experience dealing with HHA’S and CNA’S and the VAST majority of them are incompetent and awful people. I’m not hiring some gutter rat who took a two week course on how to give a elderly person a half assed bed bath to take care of my mother! F***** all the way OFF!

I don’t need that kind of help! I need REAL support. Coloring and sh***** isn’t going to help my anxiety and depression. Finding a REAL job and making some money and getting off these meds WILL. Then maybe I could hire someone worth a damn to help me take care of my mom. I wish I could articulate this to her, but she doesn’t speak very good English. I had to explain to her what “moping” meant. I’m not even sure she understands half the stuff I’m saying.

Anyway I hope everyone had a better week then I did.
  • ColinIsTheName
    Meh. I’m pms’ing and I really don’t like my new therapist. I’m just sticking with her because I have to do some sessions first before my psychiatrist appointment . Therapy is really a hit or miss for me. I feel like I’m beyond therapy at this point. She says to me “your strong awareness of your life and emotions is what’s causing your anxiety” MIND BLOWN! I honestly had no idea! *sarcasm*. There’s something really.........Phony to me about therapy. Everything they say is SO f****** predictable. She asked me today if I ever considered getting a Aide for my mom, and I just started internally screaming. Because I HATE that question SO damn much. Like please just STFU about the damn HHA’s!!!!! They’re complete and utter TRASH. I have YEARS of experience dealing with HHA’S and CNA’S and the VAST majority of them are incompetent and awful people. I’m not hiring some gutter rat who took a two week course on how to give a elderly person a half assed bed bath to take care of my mother! F***** all the way OFF!

I don’t need that kind of help! I need REAL support. Coloring and sh***** isn’t going to help my anxiety and depression. Finding a REAL job and making some money and getting off these meds WILL. Then maybe I could hire someone worth a damn to help me take care of my mom. I wish I could articulate this to her, but she doesn’t speak very good English. I had to explain to her what “moping” meant. I’m not even sure she understands half the stuff I’m saying.

I feel like I know you much better now! If what you need is a listener, you have people here!
  • sdancer2017
    @bootyrubsandtacos I LOVE the new pic! Beautiful! Im sorry-I think I said some of that stuff to you. We have to start at the basic & ask those questions because most people aren't as ahead of the game as you are. Sorry if I frustrated you. Like @cwells16 (also love the new pic) said-We are here to say "f@$! it" with you :smile: and send the occasional "woo" response hahaha
  • sdancer2017
    @bootyrubsandtacos -no I haven't heard of that challenge...sounds intense. 4%? I have started this love hate w the bf calculator. It changes based on so many factors, including time passing by as little as 2 minutes...

I think I lost the challenge. Some woman lost 11 inches in a month!! I think I'm at 1 inch & judging from my binge fest yesterday I'm not even in the running. In a span of a half hour I went from feeling hopeful, then planning healthy bday dinners for next week, to repeating in my head all the unsupportive things my loved ones say, to eating g butter right out of the jar....n then 5 packets of hot cocoa.

But today was a new day & I burned 763 cal in my work out.

What awesome things has everyone else accomplished today /this week?
  • CryingBlue
    @bootyrubsandtacos. I'm sorry you have had such bad experiences with CNAs and personal aids. Many years ago I was a CNA and I to got frusterated with the lack of work many put into their patients. It was one of many reasons that I quit that line of work. I hope that you can find a therapist that you like. Somtimes you just need to shop around.

As for myself. I'm doing ok. Scale is at the lowest its been in five years, but I'm still feeling frusterated thats its not coming off faster. I know that is not the best mindset, but I feel so close to my goal and like I'm treading water. 22 pounds to goal.
    I have also got babies on the brain......WTH is wrong with me?? Must be somthing to do with being in my 30s :wink:
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    edited January 2018
    @bootyrubsandtacos I LOVE the new pic! Beautiful! Im sorry-I think I said some of that stuff to you. We have to start at the basic & ask those questions because most people aren't as ahead of the game as you are. Sorry if I frustrated you. Like @cwells16 (also love the new pic) said-We are here to say "f@$! it" with you :smile: and send the occasional "woo" response hahaha

Thanks! <3 Oh no, you didn’t frustrate me! @sdancer2017 I don’t even remember what you said to me tbh lmao. I’ve just been asked this question by so many medical professionals throughout the years. I understand therapists have a certain protocol to follow and they have to talk about “resources”. She also doesn’t know me. I get it. It’s just annoying. I WISH there was some better resources and advocacy out there for caregivers.
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    edited January 2018

I feel like I know you much better now! If what you need is a listener, you have people here!

Lmao I’m a basket case.
    CryingBlue wrote: »
    @bootyrubsandtacos. I'm sorry you have had such bad experiences with CNAs and personal aids. Many years ago I was a CNA and I to got frusterated with the lack of work many put into their patients. It was one of many reasons that I quit that line of work. I hope that you can find a therapist that you like. Somtimes you just need to shop around.

As for myself. I'm doing ok. Scale is at the lowest its been in five years, but I'm still feeling frusterated thats its not coming off faster. I know that is not the best mindset, but I feel so close to my goal and like I'm treading water. 22 pounds to goal.
    I have also got babies on the brain......WTH is wrong with me?? Must be somthing to do with being in my 30s :wink:

Time feels like an eternity when you’re trying to lose weight. You will get there though :smiley: I don’t think there’s anything wrong with you. I think it’s normal to feel clucky the older you get. I ovulate sand and even I sometimes think about having a little mini me lol

• bootyrubsandtacos
    @bootyrubsandtacos -no I haven't heard of that challenge...sounds intense. 4%? I have started this love hate w the bf calculator. It changes based on so many factors, including time passing by as little as 2 minutes...

I think I lost the challenge. Some woman lost 11 inches in a month!! I think I'm at 1 inch & judging from my binge fest yesterday I'm not even in the running. In a span of a half hour I went from feeling hopeful, then planning healthy bday dinners for next week, to repeating in my head all the unsupportive things my loved ones say, to eating g butter right out of the jar....n then 5 packets of hot cocoa.

But today was a new day & I burned 763 cal in my work out.

What awesome things has everyone else accomplished today /this week?

I feel this on a spiritual level. 1 inch is still a loss though! Dietbet seems pretty low key actually. I wanna try one when I get some extra money.

I cleaned the house! Does that count? lol I haven’t even attempted to start dieting again. I gotta get off these meds. They spike my appetite something fierce.
  • ColinIsTheName
    @bootyrubsandtacos I'm loving that photo of you also! Quite the pretty face! :)
  • sdancer2017
    @bootysanatacos , thanks for the support!
    I have learned to hate the word diet. You are just "eating healthy". So you will "eat healthier" :)

I am really nervous-there are a lit of gatherings coming up & I don't want to slip back. I realized yesterday my Auguest jean shorts I can slide on & off without unbuttoning! They are so big now. My mom said I should keep em cuz "you might gain the weight back"

I don't want to. Guys, we can't go back. We need to keep walking forward. What are you all going to do with the old clothes you can't fit in?
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    @bootysanatacos , thanks for the support!
    I have learned to hate the word diet. You are just "eating healthy". So you will "eat healthier" :)

I am really nervous-there are a lit of gatherings coming up & I don't want to slip back. I realized yesterday my Auguest jean shorts I can slide on & off without unbuttoning! They are so big now. My mom said I should keep em cuz "you might gain the weight back"

I don't want to. Guys, we can't go back. We need to keep walking forward. What are you all going to do with the old clothes you can't fit in?

Well that was rude! That’s a big accomplishment! Good for you! :smiley:

Well when I reach my goal in my next life I’m dumping them all in a pile and lighting them on fire :smiley: Heh, nah I just plain to donate them. I have some really nice stylish tunics, maybe some women less fortunate can enjoy them :smiley:

• CryingBlue
    Mom's are so like that. Mine has been telling me I look good as I am now, still 22lbs above healthy BMI. I think she is just scared of how I'll look. I was a pudgy kid after all :/

with the clothes, I just donate them. I dont want them taking up room in my closet if I'm not waring it. I keep a pretty small wardrobe.