TEAM: Flab u Less (January)

Options

Replies

• shawna357
    shawna357 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    A little log from today ( January 9).

Hi everyone! Today was my first day back at the gym in a long time. I did 50 min on various cardio machines. I felt really good after being done with my exercise! I hope to continue on this weight loss path.

Awesome, sometimes it just takes that first step to get going again.
  • laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Options
    shawna357 wrote: »
    Sorry about being MIA. I have had a stressful week. My grandmother is still on a downhill spiral, days she is fine but the past two nights she has almost fallen because her legs are hurting and she forgets how to walk. Her blood pressure bottoms out and she goes in a trance so it takes some time to get her back. I believe it is time to get hospice involved because I am going to need the help when she goes limp on me. My youngest daughter has been a great help but she will be going back to school so that help will be gone.

Yesterday, I went to the doctor and found out I have a slight case of bronchitis and even though the flu test came back negative, he is treating me for it because I have been exposed to it from my daughter. I was hoping that I took enough precautions when I picked up my grand babies Sunday night because my daughter went the the emergency room and found out she had the flu. Unfortunately, I had a headache Monday when I woke up and was hoping it was just stress, but yesterday I woke up with a bigger headache and freezing so I felt like death and knew I didn't escape the flu. That being said, I have to take extra precaution around my grandmother because she definitely doesn't need it.

Hope everyone us doing good, I am still seeing great losses and great motivations. What would everyone like the mini challenge to be next week? I am sorry I couldn't do the plank challenge, I will try to make up for it next week but would everyone like something different or just keep doing what we are doing?

I hope you are feeling better soon!!

12774 Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    I tried the rower at the Y today , wow!. Could only do 15 mins so I settled for 30 mins on the treadmill and 30 mins of strength training. Will do a water aerobics class tomorrow. Water intake only 4 glasses so far. Hope to drink the other 4 glasses by 11pm.
  • WA_Teacher
    WA_Teacher Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    eissacf25 wrote: »

Side note: When you start drinking more water than you're used to, remember to use the restroom before leaving work for a long commute :wink:

Or on the way home before a long commute! I wasn't sure I'd make it in the door in time. :#

• WA_Teacher
    Options
    A little log from today ( January 9).

Hi everyone! Today was my first day back at the gym in a long time. I did 50 min on various cardio machines. I felt really good after being done with my exercise! I hope to continue on this weight loss path.

Great job!
  • WA_Teacher
    Options
    eissacf25 wrote: »
    Username: eissacf25
    Weigh in week: Jan Week 2
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Previous weight: 248
    Today's weight: 246.2

I had a really good week! For the first time in forever, I didn't ruin a diet on a weekend :blush: I usually do a great job during the week and kill it on the weekends but I am dead serious about getting this weight off.

My goals this week are:
    1. Keep improving water
    2. Add in working out at least 4 days this week and increase to 5 next week

Great loss and super job on the goals!

• WA_Teacher
    Options
    eyer0ll wrote: »
    Eyer0ll
    Jan. week 2
    Wednesday
    Previous weight 196
    Current weight 192.6

Amazing drop!
  • WA_Teacher
    Options
    shawna357 wrote: »
    Sorry about being MIA. I have had a stressful week. My grandmother is still on a downhill spiral, days she is fine but the past two nights she has almost fallen because her legs are hurting and she forgets how to walk. Her blood pressure bottoms out and she goes in a trance so it takes some time to get her back. I believe it is time to get hospice involved because I am going to need the help when she goes limp on me. My youngest daughter has been a great help but she will be going back to school so that help will be gone.

Yesterday, I went to the doctor and found out I have a slight case of bronchitis and even though the flu test came back negative, he is treating me for it because I have been exposed to it from my daughter. I was hoping that I took enough precautions when I picked up my grand babies Sunday night because my daughter went the the emergency room and found out she had the flu. Unfortunately, I had a headache Monday when I woke up and was hoping it was just stress, but yesterday I woke up with a bigger headache and freezing so I felt like death and knew I didn't escape the flu. That being said, I have to take extra precaution around my grandmother because she definitely doesn't need it.

Hope everyone us doing good, I am still seeing great losses and great motivations. What would everyone like the mini challenge to be next week? I am sorry I couldn't do the plank challenge, I will try to make up for it next week but would everyone like something different or just keep doing what we are doing?

Hang in there and I hope you feel better soon.
  • WA_Teacher
    Options
    12774 wrote: »
    I tried the rower at the Y today , wow!

Cheers for trying something new!
  • WA_Teacher
    Options
    Great job everyone! Here's my daily check-in. Have a great Thursday!

January 10th
    Exercised: 30 min walk
    Calories: Yes
    Tracked: Yes
    Water: 64oz out of 64 oz
  • laurenebargar
    Options
    12774 wrote: »
    I tried the rower at the Y today , wow!. Could only do 15 mins so I settled for 30 mins on the treadmill and 30 mins of strength training. Will do a water aerobics class tomorrow. Water intake only 4 glasses so far. Hope to drink the other 4 glasses by 11pm.

I've started using the rower too, its turned out to be my favorite piece of equipment at the gym!
  • wyhorzegal
    wyhorzegal Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    wyhorzegal
    Week 2
    Weigh in Thursday
    TW 238.4

woohoo! stayed on track all week, drank all my water and the scale gods were nice to me! :) Have a great day everyone!
  • laurenebargar
    Options
    wyhorzegal wrote: »
    wyhorzegal
    Week 2
    Weigh in Thursday
    TW 238.4

woohoo! stayed on track all week, drank all my water and the scale gods were nice to me! :) Have a great day everyone!

Wow incredible job!!
    12774 Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    Treadmill x 30 mins
    Water aerobics x 55 mins
    9 glasses of water
  • WA_Teacher
    Options
    January 11th
    Exercised: 30 mins of strength training
    Calories: Yes