• allison8668
    allison8668 Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Date - 7/8
    Food - Logged and under
    Exercise - 30min walk, 30min pool
    Water - 40oz
    Steps - 16,202

This week I'm going to concentrate on eating slower.
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,999 Member
    Options
    CCzMini wrote: »
    7/8
    Calories: no
    Tracking: yes
    Exercise: yes
    Need to concentrate on getting back on track. 😣

No better day than Monday morning to get back on track!! You got this!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Username: TooMuchChocolate88
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Last weeks weight: 238.2
    Current weight 237.6
    July week 2

Feeling pretty awful, I think I have flu. So I've been sitting in bed the past few days eating just soups.

That's awful news! I hope you feel better soon!! At least the scales gave you something to smile about!!
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Mini challenge
    Sun 7/6
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes, walked the boardwalk last night
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Date - 7/8
    Food - Logged and under
    Exercise - 30min walk, 30min pool
    Water - 40oz
    Steps - 16,202

This week I'm going to concentrate on eating slower.

Great idea! It lets you enjoy your food more, and gives your body time to register fullness!!
  • katevt78
    katevt78 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Weigh in week: July week 2
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous weight: 148.6
    Today’s weight: 147.6
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    katevt78 wrote: »

Continuing your downward trend!! Great week and great weigh-in this morning!!
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    katevt78 wrote: »

So awesome to see you achieve a loss weekly. Inspiring
  • simbersea
    simbersea Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Sunday mini challenge
    Tracking: no
    Calories:no
    Exercise: no (planned rest day)
    Water: don’t know

Bad day 😢. Things were going well,I was on track...and then an impromptu party sprang up and that was the end. Done you know what shots of a drink called buttery nipples are? They are like butterscotch milkshakes. They should really be banned, since they are far too delicious to resist.

Ive got to work hard for the next couple days if I have any chance at a loss this week. Ugh
  • WhineThyme
    WhineThyme Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    Username: GardenMama129
    Weigh in week: July Week 2
    Previous Week's weight: 158
    Todays Weight: 157.8

Today's weigh-in doesn't adequately reflect the past week. Early last week, as I was working to change a long-standing habit, I experienced some crazy (and somewhat unexpected) cravings. I'm not generally a big sugar-craver. But last week, I just wanted sugar! Day 1: Jelly beans, Day 2: sugary cookies. I noticed what was going on and started working on my brain to say, "No!" So, Day 3: non-candy/cookie carb cravings. At the end of the day, I told my brain I knew what it was doing and there would be no additional carbs the next day. Day 4: Just wanted to eat anything in sight. It didn't have to be carbs! So at the end of the day, I told my brain that the tantrum cravings were over and I made a mental decision to stop. Day 5: starting to return to normal. Ready for sleep to return to normal too. Day 6: Logged and enjoyed a normal day within calories and without highly processed foods. Day 7: Same. Plus, exercised and finally slept amazing last night.

All of that to say that my weight started the week at 158. I stopped looking when it hit 159.5 and I have ended the week at 157.8. Happy to be over the cravings, habit changed and rest of the year moving forward looking good.

I have been on this journey since the end of 2014. I have changed a lot of lifestyle habits since then; food choices, thinking, hobbies, fried chicken, some friends, marriage counseling, stress management... I feel like I have gotten to this point and just have a few more things to take care of to really be enjoying life the way I envision. Of course, there is still more, but I feel like last week was one of the last big ones. Moving forward, most things are habits that I'm adding instead of things that need to be modified or removed. It's really rather freeing and somewhat hard-fought! The good night's sleep also adds to this morning rather positive outlook on life!

Next, "Add in regular strength training." I want to be that "tough/strong old lady" when I get older!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    simbersea wrote: »
    Sunday mini challenge
    Tracking: no
    Calories:no
    Exercise: no (planned rest day)
    Water: don’t know

Bad day 😢. Things were going well,I was on track...and then an impromptu party sprang up and that was the end. Done you know what shots of a drink called buttery nipples are? They are like butterscotch milkshakes. They should really be banned, since they are far too delicious to resist.

Ive got to work hard for the next couple days if I have any chance at a loss this week. Ugh

Impromptu parties can be the most fun!! And yeah, that butterscotch liqueur you are talking about is deadly!! Good news for you...today is Monday! You get to press the reset button and try it all over again this week!!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Username: GardenMama129
    Weigh in week: July Week 2
    Previous Week's weight: 158
    Todays Weight: 157.8

Today's weigh-in doesn't adequately reflect the past week. Early last week, as I was working to change a long-standing habit, I experienced some crazy (and somewhat unexpected) cravings. I'm not generally a big sugar-craver. But last week, I just wanted sugar! Day 1: Jelly beans, Day 2: sugary cookies. I noticed what was going on and started working on my brain to say, "No!" So, Day 3: non-candy/cookie carb cravings. At the end of the day, I told my brain I knew what it was doing and there would be no additional carbs the next day. Day 4: Just wanted to eat anything in sight. It didn't have to be carbs! So at the end of the day, I told my brain that the tantrum cravings were over and I made a mental decision to stop. Day 5: starting to return to normal. Ready for sleep to return to normal too. Day 6: Logged and enjoyed a normal day within calories and without highly processed foods. Day 7: Same. Plus, exercised and finally slept amazing last night.

All of that to say that my weight started the week at 158. I stopped looking when it hit 159.5 and I have ended the week at 157.8. Happy to be over the cravings, habit changed and rest of the year moving forward looking good.

I have been on this journey since the end of 2014. I have changed a lot of lifestyle habits since then; food choices, thinking, hobbies, fried chicken, some friends, marriage counseling, stress management... I feel like I have gotten to this point and just have a few more things to take care of to really be enjoying life the way I envision. Of course, there is still more, but I feel like last week was one of the last big ones. Moving forward, most things are habits that I'm adding instead of things that need to be modified or removed. It's really rather freeing and somewhat hard-fought! The good night's sleep also adds to this morning rather positive outlook on life!

Next, "Add in regular strength training." I want to be that "tough/strong old lady" when I get older!

It's safe to say you are a work in progress!! You say, "Moving forward, most things are habits that I'm adding instead of things that need to be modified or removed." I read something about motivation on the weekend that references that very notion. It said, "Maintaining goal-directed motivation behaviour is hard. Instead, focus on creating habits that'll help you along the way. The brain finds it easier to cope with habit than to make decisions every day." It would seem, according to this one researcher anyway, that you are on the right track!!

Way to work your way back down to a loss this week!!
  • MrsBrooks0913
    MrsBrooks0913 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    @HASWLRS I will have to leave the challenge group for a while.
  • HASWLRS
    edited July 2018
    Options
    @HASWLRS I will have to leave the challenge group for a while.

@MrsBrooks0913, I hope everything is all right. How long would you like to be gone for? Do you want me to transfer your weight over for a few weeks, or the rest of the month so you will be rolled over into August automatically? Or do you want to leave indefinitely and come back when the time is better for you?
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    @txmaryk99, I put an asterisk beside your name because you said "no" to under calories while at the farmer's market, even though when you recorded your food it came out "under". Without that "no" it would have been 7 days accountable for you, too!! Regardless, you were still rightfully in the Winner's Circle!!
  • priiiiiska
    priiiiiska Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Mini challenge
    9/7
    Tracking : yes
    Calories : under budget
    Exercice : 26 403 steps + 40 min of cycling

On my way to bed... I'm exhausted now !
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    priiiiiska wrote: »
    Mini challenge
    9/7
    Tracking : yes
    Calories : under budget
    Exercice : 26 403 steps + 40 min of cycling

On my way to bed... I'm exhausted now !

Sweet dreams!!
  • WhineThyme
    WhineThyme Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    Monday, July 9
    Logged: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercised: Yes, Stairs and walking (40 minutes total)

This discussion has been closed.