Replies

• erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    July 5
    Weigh in day - Thursday
    Previous- 250.4
    Current- 253.1

I knew this was coming. I used these past few days as an excuse to let loose. Too many extra drinks, too much salty food. Not bothering with the mini-challenge. Maybe I needed a break? Maybe it’s an observation to look into...
    I’m hoping a good bit of that is water weight and it comes off pretty easily.
    Time for the excuses to end and get back to what I was doing all June. This is the month I say goodbye to the 250s
  • simbersea
    simbersea Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    7/4
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: no ( holiday treats got me)
    Exercise: 1 hr weightlifting class and a couple long walks
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,999 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Weigh in:
    Last week: 236
    Today: 236.8
    Gained 0.8lbs
    I've had a lot of sodium unfortunately. I've decided to cut out a few high sodium foods that are causing me issues. I just cant have them in the house or I'll eat them. Exercise is great. I hit the bike 7 days a week and swim 3-5 days.

Just a slight "up" Vi! And sodium could definitely be the culprit!! Cut back on those high sodium foods, like you said, drink your water and continue with your fantastic amount of exercise, and next week that "up" will be a "down"!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    katevt78 wrote: »
    Ran my longest race this morning! 4.5 miles! Happy 4th to those from the US! My friend who is a marathon runner ran with me 😊

What a great way to celebrate the 4th of July with your longest race yet! Congratulations, Kate, on your first 4.5 mile (7.2 k) race!! That was very nice of your marathon running friend to run with you!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    simbersea wrote: »
    Wednesday weigh in
    Week 1
    Last week: 167.2
    This week: 166.0

Great loss, Karen, and a great way to start off July!! If you keep this up, pretty soon you'll have to change your intro, because you'll no longer be within 2 pounds of 167!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    7/3
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: ...does yard work count? Met step count

Yes, yard work counts, as long as it was for at least 20 minutes. Any activity that gets you off the couch and active for at least that long, counts!!

Looks like you had a very good day!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    drea2011 wrote: »
    7/3
    Exercised: yep
    Tracked:yep
    Under; yep
    Water: 10 glasses (so hot lately happy that I turn to water now and not pop!)

Water is so much better for you, too, than pop!! And, if it's tap water, it's cheaper, too!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    priiiiiska wrote: »
    July 3

Tracking : Yes
    Calories : Under budget
    Exercice : 15 500 steps + 25 minutes at the gym :)

Feeling better, I see!! Yay!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    txmaryk99 wrote: »
    @katevt78 Great job on the race and increasing your distance.

Adult Peanut Butter o:) So I really like different foods and live in a very Foodie area. I had roasted peaches with the Honey Chipotle Peanut butter and it was realllllllly good. The perfect bite of yummy fruit and a punch of spice. And it fit in my calories today. Now if I just stay out of the break room at work tonight I should stay in my calories budget. Sodium is another story.

Sounds really good, and definitely an "adult" way to eat peanut butter!! Glad to hear it fit within your calorie budget, too!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    priiiiiska wrote: »
    Morning !
    Last weigh in : 181 lbs
    Thursday weigh in (Week 1) : 176. 3 lbs
    I am so so happy as I have been stuck over 180 for weeks ! :D

I really love this challenge ! It is really good motivation and support ! Thank you :)

Holy cow!! You are, officially, no longer stuck at 180, or even anywhere near 180!! Congratulations on a fantastic loss and a superb start to this challenge!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    erikNJ wrote: »
    July 5
    Weigh in day - Thursday
    Previous- 250.4
    Current- 253.1

I knew this was coming. I used these past few days as an excuse to let loose. Too many extra drinks, too much salty food. Not bothering with the mini-challenge. Maybe I needed a break? Maybe it’s an observation to look into...
    I’m hoping a good bit of that is water weight and it comes off pretty easily.
    Time for the excuses to end and get back to what I was doing all June. This is the month I say goodbye to the 250s

I love your attitude and your observations. If we can learn from our behaviours, then all setbacks serve a purpose!! I fear I am in exactly the same boat. Sunday and Monday were the party days, and I was pretty good. Tuesday wasn't even bad, but because my week started off out of routine, I have let it continue. Now I fear I am going to post a gain tomorrow myself, when I was down all week, as far as yesterday morning!! Sunday and Monday I knew I was going to be over, so I was mindful. When it is a day you are not planning to be over, then mindfulness goes out the window!!

Next week, Erik, which starts today by the way, has no holidays involved!!
  • Nicoletime4me
    Nicoletime4me Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    July 5
    Weigh in day- Thursday
    Previous- 182
    Current- 182.5
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    July 5
    Weigh in day- Thursday
    Previous- 182
    Current- 182.5

Only up a half a pound after the 4th of July.....I think that is a win! And most likely sodium induced, so drink up and by next week we will see that number come back down again!!

@Nicoletime4me, is that your first time in the Winner's Circle or have you been there before?
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Missing some more weights:

@miroller (Wednesday)
    @Lorrieonline (Tuesday)
  • Nicoletime4me
    Nicoletime4me Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    @HASWLRS yes it is :)
  • priiiiiska
    priiiiiska Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    5/7

Tracking : yes
    Calories : Under budget
    Exercise : 19 119 steps (includes 25 min on treadmill) + 25 min exercise bike.
    Good day ! :)
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »

@Nicoletime4me, is that your first time in the Winner's Circle or have you been there before?
    @HASWLRS yes it is :)

WHOO HOO!!! Congratulations!!!!

This discussion has been closed.