• Bm00re2u
    Bm00re2u Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Daily Post (Wednesday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise:Yes, 60 mins weight training, 60 min walk

Comments: OMAD again today, let me tell you, OMAD got a lot easier when I stopped waiting for dinner to roll around to eat. I eat at lunch time and eat a little bit bigger meal and then I'm just not hungry again until lunch time the next day.

Side note guys: My mom called me today and wanted me to tell her how to do keto, she then proceeds to tell me that she doesn't have time to count calories or plan meals....I tried to explain to her that keto isn't a magic pill....I watch what I eat, I plan what I eat, and I work hard, my results are the product of my hard work and efforts and that you have to be willing to put in the work...This conversation makes me want to make one of those stick figure comics where it says something like Judy complains about being fat, asks for advice, and chooses not to help herself, don't be like Judy...okay now, that was probably meaner than I meant it, but it's the same old conversation I have with my mom. I tell her that I make myself a priority, because in effort to make lasting change in your life you have to take time for yourself and make yourself a priority, yes it's time consuming to do these things but it's worth it...

Standing ovation for educating your mom! Sometimes people don't fully understand the work and effort it takes to meet weight loss goals, and may just want quick results or simply are discouraged.
    You did your due diligence by giving her the information she asked for, but at the end of the day, your mom has to decide on making lifestyle changes and putting health first.
    My brother is vegetarian, and he wanted me to try eating at least no meat for a week (this was a couple of years ago). In my mind, I thought "Uh, no way sir!" He asked to cook something for me, and I obliged. He made a delicious eggplant parmesan, and made me change my mind and tried no meat for a week. It actually was not that difficult! I am not a vegetarian, but was able to shortly experience the benefits. Maybe you could make your mom a keto meal to try? Or send recipes/YouTube videos, etc?
    Congrats on the OMAD plan! You are kicking butt!
  • CourtneyLomonaco
    CourtneyLomonaco Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Wednesday)
    Track: no
    Calories: probably ok, but we did go to Chuck E. Cheese's for my son's 6th birthday and I had a slice of pizza.
    Exercise: 30 min elliptical
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    Username: tinak33
    Weigh in week: October Week 1
    Weigh in day: Thursday
    Previous Weight: 157.1
    Current Weight: 160.1

Ok.... I kinda expected this for a few reasons.
    1 - I haven't been drinking enough water, and I know I am retaining.
    2 - TOM is approaching and will hit any day now
    3 - I have been eating pie every night since Saturday..... (Pies made by the Amish are DIVINE...)

So yeah. I have been indulging and not being mindful of my water intake. I am working on the water.... I don't want the pies to go bad... so I will be eating them into the weekend, and hoping they will be gone by Sunday. haha Family will be over, so they will all help!
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Bm00re2u wrote: »

Standing ovation for educating your mom! Sometimes people don't fully understand the work and effort it takes to meet weight loss goals, and may just want quick results or simply are discouraged.
    You did your due diligence by giving her the information she asked for, but at the end of the day, your mom has to decide on making lifestyle changes and putting health first.
    My brother is vegetarian, and he wanted me to try eating at least no meat for a week (this was a couple of years ago). In my mind, I thought "Uh, no way sir!" He asked to cook something for me, and I obliged. He made a delicious eggplant parmesan, and made me change my mind and tried no meat for a week. It actually was not that difficult! I am not a vegetarian, but was able to shortly experience the benefits. Maybe you could make your mom a keto meal to try? Or send recipes/YouTube videos, etc?
    Congrats on the OMAD plan! You are kicking butt!

@Bm00re2u I have many times, Thanksgiving dinner is at my house every year and I always make keto versions of all the family dishes and she always eats them and says they're just as good as the carb loaded versions my family has always made. She has keto cooking experience too, she actually has gotten really good about making food my husband and I can eat when we visit, she always calls me ahead and asks me how to make it low carb and I tell her.
    I'm preparing to share all of my keto recipes with her this week, I keep them online and I'm about to create an account for her and copy them all into it, actually that's my plan for today before work, but I have to visit the doctor first. I really try to help her, and really everyone that asks me for help, but I have to be honest, it's really one of the most frustrating things when I go out of my way to help her and then after like a week she thinks it too hard. I always say that change is hard in the beginning but it gets easier, becomes habit....."If you want to change you have to be willing to be uncomfortable."

I think the issue is that our results (mine and my hubby's) speak for themselves, he's lost 70+ lbs diet only, and at this point I think I'm at 67 lbs with diet and exercise, but realistically she could lose with just diet, assuming she's willing to put in the work, but she has to be, no one will do it for her....(and now that I'm saying that out loud and thinking about it, there is probably a business idea in there somewhere....) so I've given her the tools, even set up her tracker app while I was on the phone with her...so we will see where it goes, but I'm being realistic so I won't be disappointed...after all, her track record isn't great.

I really think it's great you gave your brother's way a try! Also, it's pretty great your brother can cook, lol, mine can't, and for that matter, my husband either. I honestly don't think I could do the vegetarian thing, for a few reasons, and at this point I'm not sure I want to mess with my diet, especially since it's working and I've never felt better and never been so healthy!

Sorry, long winded reply!
  • AB0215
    Options
    tinak33 wrote: »
    3 - I have been eating pie every night since Saturday..... (Pies made by the Amish are DIVINE...)

So yeah. I have been indulging and not being mindful of my water intake. I am working on the water.... I don't want the pies to go bad... so I will be eating them into the weekend, and hoping they will be gone by Sunday. haha Family will be over, so they will all help!

@tinak33 Hang in there, TOM is always a jerk, and maybe, less pie might help? just saying lol. If I have things in the house I don't want, I perform a magic trick, I send the dishes to work with my husband and they come home empty...ta da! lol.
  • tinak33
    Options

@tinak33 Hang in there, TOM is always a jerk, and maybe, less pie might help? just saying lol. If I have things in the house I don't want, I perform a magic trick, I send the dishes to work with my husband and they come home empty...ta da! lol.

HAHAHA
    I have family members with food allergy issues, and I don't always know who can't have what.
    So if they come over, and eat it, great. If not, well then..... Ima hafta take one for the team. :D
    I would bring it to work, but most of the people here are also watching what they eat. So maybe 1 or 2 people might have some....? Oh well. I got a small pecan pie and a normal size apple crumble pie. There is a little less than half of the pecan pie (it's a 6" pie), and most of the apple left. Only 2 gone slices so far. Plus the pumpkin pie that is gone, and my mom had made flan (OMG.... :love:) And that is finally gone (she finished it last night). We rarely have 1 dessert in the house. And this past week we have had SOOOOO MANY!!

I always gain 2-5 lbs during TOM... So I expect that. But with the combination of pies and not enough water, I'm not sure what is because of what.
    So today my goal is to drink 2 bottles of water while at work. My bottle is 50.7 oz. So that would be 101 oz by the end of the work day.
  • ekuassi
    ekuassi Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Daily post: 10-03
    Track: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: yes, 30 min of circuit training
  • jcgator2016
    jcgator2016 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Okay I give up. What is TOM? I know what OMAD means, and IF but I can't figure out TOM. How does TOM make you gain weight?
  • jcgator2016
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I hate water. Nutritionist said to drink 32 oz first thing in the morning. Then a gallon (128 oz) for rest of day. It has helped me to cut up a navel orange or cucumbers in my gallon water jug and leave overnite. At least it has a taste.

• tinak33
    Options
    Okay I give up. What is TOM? I know what OMAD means, and IF but I can't figure out TOM. How does TOM make you gain weight?

"Time of the Month"
    You might notice the females around you getting a little irritable, or needing chocolate....? :D
    It's the TOM...
  • AB0215
    Options

@jcgator2016 TOM stands for Time Of the Month ( or when Aunt Flo visits, or Shark Week...all those lovely names for it).......and you can probably figure out the rest from there I'm sure.
  • jcgator2016
    Options
    Geez, well, I guess I don't have to worry about TOM. I feel dumb now.....
  • AB0215
    Options
    Geez, well, I guess I don't have to worry about TOM. I feel dumb now.....

@jcgator2016 lol, I would imagine you don't need to worry about it lol.
  • AB0215
    edited October 2018
    Options

"Time of the Month"
    You might notice the females around you getting a little irritable, or needing chocolate....? :D
    It's the TOM...

Or in the case of @tinak33 -- more pie lol.
  • jcgator2016
    Options
    Shark WeeK? :D:D

Thanks Ash, got coffee coming out my nose.

• tinak33
    Options

"Time of the Month"
    It's the TOM...

Or in the case of @tinak33 -- more pie lol.

BAHAHAHAHA
    Whatever works.... :D:D:D
  • AB0215
    edited October 2018
    Options

@jcgator2016 That was one I just learned a few months ago, reading some posts in a FB group on weight loss, and I was like really guys, Shark Week, come on....but yep, apparently that's the new thing to call it. I like TOM, personally...

• jcgator2016
    Options

@jcgator2016 That was one I just learned a few months ago, reading some posts in a FB group on weight loss, and I was like really guys, Shark Week, come on....but yep, apparently that's the new thing to call it. I like TOM, personally...

OMG. I just pictured Discovery Channel's Shark Week and lost it. :D:D
  • jcgator2016
    Options
    I am so bored. Ashley, you think I can hop in my garage real quick and get some light reps in? Or get in some cardio? I gotta do something, I'm going nuts. Recovery day sucks.
This discussion has been closed.