TEAM: The Slimsons (October)

Options

Replies

• AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Recovery day. Wasted the morning yakking on the boards. Went to the shooting range with my oldest son. I'm not into guns, he bought me a handgun a couple years ago on my 60th birthday. So, I feel obligated to go when he asks me. He's big into guns, has a conceal and carry license, and an arsenal with three big safes in his house. Why, I don't know. Whenever I ask him why he needs so many guns, he always turns is around on me and asks me why I have so many sets of golf clubs in the garage. Heck, I don't know.

On the drive to the range, he was telling me Heather (his wife) has been on his butt for little, pity things. I asked him if it was Shark Week. He just looked at me like, "huh?". I just chuckled and didn't bother to explain.

Okay when my wife got home from work, I asked her if she knew what TOM meant or Shark Week. She had no clue. After I told her, she demanded to know who I have been talking to and who is teaching me these things. So, I showed her the posts and she just cracked up.

@jcgator2016 lol. That just so funny!

Hope you had a good time with your son, I love going to the range, haven't been in a long time though. My husband is super into guns, ...and while I like shooting, I think it's fun ... I don't really think we need quite so many....but whatever....

• i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,308 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    @SLIMn2016 Omg, I almost cried at the beginning of the summer when I bought a pair of petite capris in a size that wasn't in the plus size department and not only did they fit, but they were the right length! I'm only 4'10" and everything that fit me was always waaaaay too long because apparently you can't be fat and short....now those capris I was so excited about are too big...I literally wore them twice...

And I have a doctors appointment coming up next week, Monday, and when I first started going to her I weight 241 and she told me I was fat, which I knew. The next time I saw her I was 220, she said nothing. The next time I saw her I was 190, she said nothing, and this time I'll be under 175....bet she says nothing....super annoying. I'm over here busting my *ss and it's literally falling off, but does she notice...or care...nope...only cared when I was fat...

Isn't it crappy that they can't drum up a "CONGRATS" after all you've accomplished?! My previous doc was awesome though--- he wanted me to only lose 40lbs when I was 240--- and I came back with an 80lb loss--- then he said--"don't lose any more!"-- :s I was like WTH?! ---CAN'T WIN---LOL :D Gotta do your thaaaang, your way! ;):)
  • Bm00re2u
    Bm00re2u Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Bm00re2u wrote: »

Standing ovation for educating your mom! Sometimes people don't fully understand the work and effort it takes to meet weight loss goals, and may just want quick results or simply are discouraged.
    You did your due diligence by giving her the information she asked for, but at the end of the day, your mom has to decide on making lifestyle changes and putting health first.
    My brother is vegetarian, and he wanted me to try eating at least no meat for a week (this was a couple of years ago). In my mind, I thought "Uh, no way sir!" He asked to cook something for me, and I obliged. He made a delicious eggplant parmesan, and made me change my mind and tried no meat for a week. It actually was not that difficult! I am not a vegetarian, but was able to shortly experience the benefits. Maybe you could make your mom a keto meal to try? Or send recipes/YouTube videos, etc?
    Congrats on the OMAD plan! You are kicking butt!

@Bm00re2u I have many times, Thanksgiving dinner is at my house every year and I always make keto versions of all the family dishes and she always eats them and says they're just as good as the carb loaded versions my family has always made. She has keto cooking experience too, she actually has gotten really good about making food my husband and I can eat when we visit, she always calls me ahead and asks me how to make it low carb and I tell her.
    I'm preparing to share all of my keto recipes with her this week, I keep them online and I'm about to create an account for her and copy them all into it, actually that's my plan for today before work, but I have to visit the doctor first. I really try to help her, and really everyone that asks me for help, but I have to be honest, it's really one of the most frustrating things when I go out of my way to help her and then after like a week she thinks it too hard. I always say that change is hard in the beginning but it gets easier, becomes habit....."If you want to change you have to be willing to be uncomfortable."

I think the issue is that our results (mine and my hubby's) speak for themselves, he's lost 70+ lbs diet only, and at this point I think I'm at 67 lbs with diet and exercise, but realistically she could lose with just diet, assuming she's willing to put in the work, but she has to be, no one will do it for her....(and now that I'm saying that out loud and thinking about it, there is probably a business idea in there somewhere....) so I've given her the tools, even set up her tracker app while I was on the phone with her...so we will see where it goes, but I'm being realistic so I won't be disappointed...after all, her track record isn't great.

I really think it's great you gave your brother's way a try! Also, it's pretty great your brother can cook, lol, mine can't, and for that matter, my husband either. I honestly don't think I could do the vegetarian thing, for a few reasons, and at this point I'm not sure I want to mess with my diet, especially since it's working and I've never felt better and never been so healthy!

Sorry, long winded reply!

I agree wholeheartedly, she has to be willing to do the work. I think you have gone above and beyond to help her, which is amazing in itself. I don't know if I have that kind of patience 🤯 I totally understand the frustration.
    You could start a business/blog based on keto recipes you've created, and you're OMAD plan!
    My brother is one of those people who can pick up on stuff and be perfect at it. Me on the other hand.. LOL
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Daily Post (Thursday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise:Yes, 90 mins weight training

Comments: OMAD today, really thought I was going to want to eat, thought I'd be hungry in my condition, but I'm not. I guess I'll take that...
    Decided to combing my last 2 workouts of the week into one day and cram it in before I went to the dr because I was sure they were going to put me on an antibiotic and the only one I can have carries a risk of tearing a tendon (and it's a marginal risk like .2%), so I wanted to get them in before I had to start it. This way I can lift light next week (which was the schedule anyway) and I don't have to miss any workouts, which I need to not miss at this stage in the game. I did decide to skip my walk today, and I'm feeling a bit guilty about that, but I'll live. Tomorrow will be a technique day so there isn't much weight being added so it'll be fine to lift.
  • jcgator2016
    jcgator2016 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    cmteach4 wrote: »
    October 4

Track: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: Zumba!

Managed to stage under despite birthday dinner and ice cream cake for our 5 year old grandson! It was mostly because I had to check in with you all! Thanks for being there!

Well, Happy Birthday to your granson and kudos for staying under! And yes, we will shame you if you go over. And we will demand a five page dissertation explaining why.

I'm kidding. Heck, I already know I'll be over this week.
  • jogetsgains
    jogetsgains Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    tracked👍
    Calories 👍
    Exercise 👍walking and stretching

Barely made it thru today, but made it.
  • jcgator2016
    Options
    Recovery day. Wasted the morning yakking on the boards. Went to the shooting range with my oldest son. I'm not into guns, he bought me a handgun a couple years ago on my 60th birthday. So, I feel obligated to go when he asks me. He's big into guns, has a conceal and carry license, and an arsenal with three big safes in his house. Why, I don't know. Whenever I ask him why he needs so many guns, he always turns is around on me and asks me why I have so many sets of golf clubs in the garage. Heck, I don't know.

On the drive to the range, he was telling me Heather (his wife) has been on his butt for little, pity things. I asked him if it was Shark Week. He just looked at me like, "huh?". I just chuckled and didn't bother to explain.

Okay when my wife got home from work, I asked her if she knew what TOM meant or Shark Week. She had no clue. After I told her, she demanded to know who I have been talking to and who is teaching me these things. So, I showed her the posts and she just cracked up.

@jcgator2016 lol. That just so funny!

Hope you had a good time with your son, I love going to the range, haven't been in a long time though. My husband is super into guns, ...and while I like shooting, I think it's fun ... I don't really think we need quite so many....but whatever....

Yeah I had fun. My boys are so busy with their careers and married lives, I appreciate these moments when we can do stuff together, which is far and few between.
  • jcgator2016
    Options
    SLIMn2016 wrote: »

Woohoo! Look at you! So, did ya buy them? Or are you holding out for the 28/4?

size 6, 28" is the waist band size--- and yeah you bet I bought those!! :D:D:D I've never been smaller than that, but we'll see where I end.

LOL We are such a bad influence on you Jim! :D You poor guy! Now you need to explain Shark Week to your son---HAHAHA!

Yeah, but I had fun today just cutting up. In real life, I'm reserved and quiet. Must be my new supplements.
  • momma3times
    momma3times Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    SLIMn2016 wrote: »
    @SLIMn2016 Omg, I almost cried at the beginning of the summer when I bought a pair of petite capris in a size that wasn't in the plus size department and not only did they fit, but they were the right length! I'm only 4'10" and everything that fit me was always waaaaay too long because apparently you can't be fat and short....now those capris I was so excited about are too big...I literally wore them twice...

And I have a doctors appointment coming up next week, Monday, and when I first started going to her I weight 241 and she told me I was fat, which I knew. The next time I saw her I was 220, she said nothing. The next time I saw her I was 190, she said nothing, and this time I'll be under 175....bet she says nothing....super annoying. I'm over here busting my *ss and it's literally falling off, but does she notice...or care...nope...only cared when I was fat...

Isn't it crappy that they can't drum up a "CONGRATS" after all you've accomplished?! My previous doc was awesome though--- he wanted me to only lose 40lbs when I was 240--- and I came back with an 80lb loss--- then he said--"don't lose any more!"-- :s I was like WTH?! ---CAN'T WIN---LOL :D Gotta do your thaaaang, your way! ;):)

Yep! They never mention it!!!! So frustrating.
  • momma3times
    momma3times Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Daily Report Thu 4 Oct

Tracking: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: Nope

This made me laugh a long time. I then had to explain to my hubs, he found it hysterical too. Thanks for the laugh.
  • Bm00re2u
    Options
    Daily Post (Thursday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes, under
    Exercise:Yes, light walk

Comments: Was super hectic at work and I had lower back pain, so I only completed a quick walk. Ate below calorie goal and drank 32 oz of water. My goal tomorrow is to drink at least 48 oz.

Everyone is doing terrific so far. Let's close out the week strong! 💪
  • Bm00re2u
    Options
    Daily Post Wednesday

Tracked: Yes
    Calories: under dramatically
    Exercise: yes

Exercise was my usual water aerobics. And, then some medicine ball exercises at home for my core.

I did almost OMAD today because I ran out of time. I had lunch, then took a coffee with just cream to the Y with me a couple hours later when my kids had swim practice. My oldest passed a tough swim team test this week. We are super proud, but it changes her practice so that it goes 1.5 hrs later than our boys. So we sit at the YMCA for 3hrs each night(this isn't including drive time)! It just started Tuesday, so we will work out a plan. But by the time we drove home, I just wanted to sleep.

Congrats to your oldest, that's major! I hope you all were able to figure out a plan!
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,889 Member
    Options
    Daily post Thursday, October 4
    Track yes
    Calories, under
    Exercise, yes, P90 and and 30 minutes yoga
  • Bm00re2u
    Options
    tinak33 wrote: »
    Username: tinak33
    Weigh in week: October Week 1
    Weigh in day: Thursday
    Previous Weight: 157.1
    Current Weight: 160.1

Ok.... I kinda expected this for a few reasons.
    1 - I haven't been drinking enough water, and I know I am retaining.
    2 - TOM is approaching and will hit any day now
    3 - I have been eating pie every night since Saturday..... (Pies made by the Amish are DIVINE...)

So yeah. I have been indulging and not being mindful of my water intake. I am working on the water.... I don't want the pies to go bad... so I will be eating them into the weekend, and hoping they will be gone by Sunday. haha Family will be over, so they will all help!

I'm in the same boat as you with drinking water. I do horribly! I'm going to try adding fruit to it for some flavoring.
    Oh and yeah, that pest TOM just visited me again and this time I'm having lower back pain and cramps 😑😨😭🤪. Like TOM, bruh, why do you have to bring your wrath? 🤔🙄 Pie sounds good right about now. Wish I could take some off your hands.
  • Bm00re2u
    Options
    tracked👍
    Calories 👍
    Exercise 👍walking and stretching

Barely made it thru today, but made it.

Making it is what counts 💪
  • _ecofeminist
    _ecofeminist Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Tracked : yes
    Calories : under
    Exercise : yes, orangetheory
  • mexiconona
    mexiconona Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Mexiconona
    Daily post thurs. Oct 4th
    Tracking yes
    calories no
    Exercise no
    Carbs no
  • ssssanaaaa
    ssssanaaaa Posts: 567 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    ssssanaaaa wrote: »
    Comments: Weighed in at 188.8 this morning.. I was dumb and had a little rice yesterday thinking it wouldn't affect me because it was only a little but it ALWAYS affects me. I'm not having any rice until I get to 185.0. It makes me feel like I'm going backwards in my tracks when I see the scale go up like this. I hate it. And it's really discouraging too. No more until 185. It's like my weakness. Other people regular things are their weakness like cookies or brownies or burgers. For me it's rice. Go figure. Lol. ANYWAY, I forgot my earbuds at the gym today and it made running extremely boring for me. And I was focused on how much time was left the entire time. Tonight I will be under my calories AND will not have rice. How ridiculous lol Hopefully scale is nicer to me tomorrow.
    @ssssanaaaa You got this!! I gave up carbs a long time go, and very rarely want them...but if you really like rice and want something low cal, try Miracle Noodle Shirataki Rice. By itself, it sort of doesn't have a flavor, but it's pretty good in recipes...there's other things like Miracle Noodles too, spaghetti type, ziti (which I used to make macaroni salad once...turned out really good...)

@jcgator2016 @AB0215

I'm definitely seeing a pattern here lol. I will try my best not to overcook it! Might be a little hard though since I bought the frozen pack from Green Giant. I'll still see what I can do.
  • PrincessVamp666
    PrincessVamp666 Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    Tracked : yes
    Calories : under
    Exercise : no (still recovering from putting my back out).

This discussion has been closed.