TEAM: The Slimsons (October)

Options

Replies

• AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I am so bored. Ashley, you think I can hop in my garage real quick and get some light reps in? Or get in some cardio? I gotta do something, I'm going nuts. Recovery day sucks.

@jcgator2016 I just visited my dr and got some relatively devastating news, I'm supposed to do light exercise for 10-14 days....stupid antibiotics...what she said was light exercise, what I heard her say is no 100lbs...lol, good thing I got my last heavy set in this morning, next week is a de-load anyway.

Might I suggest a walk for you....? Light, but less boring than doing nothing? I'm about to go pick up my prescription and take a walk...or maybe skip the walk since I combined 2 workouts into 1 this morning, I don't know yet.
  • jcgator2016
    jcgator2016 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    I am so bored. Ashley, you think I can hop in my garage real quick and get some light reps in? Or get in some cardio? I gotta do something, I'm going nuts. Recovery day sucks.

@jcgator2016 I just visited my dr and got some relatively devastating news, I'm supposed to do light exercise for 10-14 days....stupid antibiotics...what she said was light exercise, what I heard her say is no 100lbs...lol, good thing I got my last heavy set in this morning, next week is a de-load anyway.

Might I suggest a walk for you....? Light, but less boring than doing nothing? I'm about to go pick up my prescription and take a walk...or maybe skip the walk since I combined 2 workouts into 1 this morning, I don't know yet.

That stinks. Sorry to hear the bad news, Ashley. Well, get better first.

My oldest son just texted me, he's taking the afternoon off and wants to go to the shooting range, so I'm going to spend my afternoon with him. Might do the walk with the dog later this afternoon. It's still hot and humid down here in the south.
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Hi All!

Ha - great reading through the thread. You guys made my day. ☺️

Off to work soon - food packed. It’s already been an existential downer of a morning here too— so trying to remember all I have to be grateful for.

So - here are my daily stats- Thursday, Oct 4

Tracked- yes
    Calories- under
    Exercise- SoulCycle (it’s like spin class on crack.)

• Keri8680
    Keri8680 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Keri8680
    Weigh in Thursday
    Week 1 October
    PW 168.2
    CW 172.4
    Whoops- not sure how that happened 😳 I’m back in my keto groove so hoping I lose it for next week. Going camping this weekend! Can’t wait!
  • AB0215
    Options
    That stinks. Sorry to hear the bad news, Ashley. Well, get better first.

My oldest son just texted me, he's taking the afternoon off and wants to go to the shooting range, so I'm going to spend my afternoon with him. Might do the walk with the dog later this afternoon. It's still hot and humid down here in the south.

@jcgator2016 It's really fine, it's just my semi-annual round of strep, this time my husband gave it to me. I don't even feel sick, I just have to take the antibiotics and I'm really fine.
  • ssssanaaaa
    ssssanaaaa Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Wednesday
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Under goal.
    Exercise: Yes, cardio which was really boring because I forgot my earbuds (but I remembered them today!)
    Water: Around 2 liters

Comments: 187.2 on the scale today, thank goodness. The 188.8 yesterday scared me. I'm NOT going back into the 190s. I tried zucchini noodles last night and I really like them! Will eat light tonight as well. Probably will try making some of the cauliflower rice that I bought yesterday. Going to be working out today as well. Hopefully we can make the scale go down a bit more for my weigh-in day tomorrow.
    ssssanaaaa wrote: »
    Comments: Weighed in at 188.8 this morning.. I was dumb and had a little rice yesterday thinking it wouldn't affect me because it was only a little but it ALWAYS affects me. I'm not having any rice until I get to 185.0. It makes me feel like I'm going backwards in my tracks when I see the scale go up like this. I hate it. And it's really discouraging too. No more until 185. It's like my weakness. Other people regular things are their weakness like cookies or brownies or burgers. For me it's rice. Go figure. Lol. ANYWAY, I forgot my earbuds at the gym today and it made running extremely boring for me. And I was focused on how much time was left the entire time. Tonight I will be under my calories AND will not have rice. How ridiculous lol Hopefully scale is nicer to me tomorrow.
    @ssssanaaaa You got this!! I gave up carbs a long time go, and very rarely want them...but if you really like rice and want something low cal, try Miracle Noodle Shirataki Rice. By itself, it sort of doesn't have a flavor, but it's pretty good in recipes...there's other things like Miracle Noodles too, spaghetti type, ziti (which I used to make macaroni salad once...turned out really good...)

Thanks for the recommendation! I might go ahead and try that. I purchased cauliflower rice last night which I'm trying tonight. May that will be my new substitute for the time being? I don't know.
  • AB0215
    Options
    Comments: Weighed in at 188.8 this morning.. I was dumb and had a little rice yesterday thinking it wouldn't affect me because it was only a little but it ALWAYS affects me. I'm not having any rice until I get to 185.0. It makes me feel like I'm going backwards in my tracks when I see the scale go up like this. I hate it. And it's really discouraging too. No more until 185. It's like my weakness. Other people regular things are their weakness like cookies or brownies or burgers. For me it's rice. Go figure. Lol. ANYWAY, I forgot my earbuds at the gym today and it made running extremely boring for me. And I was focused on how much time was left the entire time. Tonight I will be under my calories AND will not have rice. How ridiculous lol Hopefully scale is nicer to me tomorrow.
    @ssssanaaaa You got this!! I gave up carbs a long time go, and very rarely want them...but if you really like rice and want something low cal, try Miracle Noodle Shirataki Rice. By itself, it sort of doesn't have a flavor, but it's pretty good in recipes...there's other things like Miracle Noodles too, spaghetti type, ziti (which I used to make macaroni salad once...turned out really good...)

Thanks for the recommendation! I might go ahead and try that. I purchased cauliflower rice last night which I'm trying tonight. May that will be my new substitute for the time being? I don't know.

@ssssanaaaa I tried the cauliflower rice and it's not bad at all, my best advice there...don't over cook it, just heat it a bit in a skillet, I would say 2 mins tops, if you over cook it, it just gets soggy, but otherwise, that's another great substitute, I just don't crave it enough to justify buying it, it goes bad before I eat it.
  • melbe159
    melbe159 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Daily post Thursday
    Track yes
    Calories yesss 💪🏼
    Exercise 4 mile night run
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,308 Member
    Options
    :D:D:D Omg the posts here <shark week> you guys are so funny 😂
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Daily Post: Thursday, Oct. 4th

Calories: Yes, Under, IF 5/2 fasting day
    Exercise: Walking
    Water: 96oz.

Comments: I missed my strength training class and cardio this morning due to my schedule, so walking tonight. An NSV for today; I had an hour to kill between appts this afternoon and I'm fasting, so no lunch---went shopping nearby --- found a cute pair of foiled step hem "skinny boyfriend" crop jeans (last pair) in a size 28/6. They fit me comfortably! I am shocked... but happy to be so close to my goal.

Another big thank you to our team leader @AB0215 Ashley for supporting us all so well---appreciate all the time you take to respond to everyone here! :)o:)<3
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    edited October 2018
    Options
    oh and a funny FYI: My doc office corrected my height today--- at my last appt the nurse insisted I am 5'7 1/2" tall (which meant I shrunk significantly in just 6 mos. :/:*:s:D )--- I'm 5'8 1/4". Which still puts me in the "overweight" category on the BMI chart unfortunately. They didn't notice or mention my 15lb weight loss since my last appt. :*:|:#
  • jcgator2016
    Options

[/quote]

@ssssanaaaa I tried the cauliflower rice and it's not bad at all, my best advice there...don't over cook it, just heat it a bit in a skillet, I would say 2 mins tops, if you over cook it, it just gets soggy, but otherwise, that's another great substitute, I just don't crave it enough to justify buying it, it goes bad before I eat it.[/quote]

Ugh. I can't handle cauliflower rice. I love rice and potatoes, the fake rice does nothing for me. I rather save up the carbs and eat a half cup of brown rice for dinner.

Now, I do like the cauliflower mashed and the cauliflower tater tots. They hit the spot.

• jcgator2016
    Options
    SLIMn2016 wrote: »
    Daily Post: Thursday, Oct. 4th

Calories: Yes, Under, IF 5/2 fasting day
    Exercise: Walking
    Water: 96oz.

Comments: I missed my strength training class and cardio this morning due to my schedule, so walking tonight. An NSV for today; I had an hour to kill between appts this afternoon and I'm fasting, so no lunch---went shopping nearby --- found a cute pair of foiled step hem "skinny boyfriend" crop jeans (last pair) in a size 28/6. They fit me comfortably! I am shocked... but happy to be so close to my goal.

Another big thank you to our team leader @AB0215 Ashley for supporting us all so well---appreciate all the time you take to respond to everyone here! :)o:)<3

Woohoo! Look at you! So, did ya buy them? Or are you holding out for the 28/4?
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    edited October 2018
    Options

Woohoo! Look at you! So, did ya buy them? Or are you holding out for the 28/4?

size 6, 28" is the waist band size--- and yeah you bet I bought those!! :D:D:D I've never been smaller than that, but we'll see where I end.

Okay when my wife got home from work, I asked her if she knew what TOM meant or Shark Week. She had no clue. After I told her, she demanded to know who I have been talking to and who is teaching me these things. So, I showed her the posts and she just cracked up.

LOL We are such a bad influence on you Jim! :D You poor guy! Now you need to explain Shark Week to your son---HAHAHA!
  • cmteach4
    cmteach4 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Daily Report Thu 4 Oct

Tracking: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: Nope

Recovery day. Wasted the morning yakking on the boards. Went to the shooting range with my oldest son. I'm not into guns, he bought me a handgun a couple years ago on my 60th birthday. So, I feel obligated to go when he asks me. He's big into guns, has a conceal and carry license, and an arsenal with three big safes in his house. Why, I don't know. Whenever I ask him why he needs so many guns, he always turns is around on me and asks me why I have so many sets of golf clubs in the garage. Heck, I don't know.

On the drive to the range, he was telling me Heather (his wife) has been on his butt for little, pity things. I asked him if it was Shark Week. He just looked at me like, "huh?". I just chuckled and didn't bother to explain.

You are so funny! I love this group!

• cmteach4
    Options
    oh and a funny FYI: My doc office corrected my height today--- at my last appt the nurse insisted I am 5'7 1/2" tall (which meant I shrunk significantly in just 6 mos. :/:*:s:D )--- I'm 5'8 1/4". Which still puts me in the "overweight" category on the BMI chart unfortunately. They didn't notice or mention my 15lb weight loss since my last appt. :*:|:#

That stinks, especially when they are on you, they should at least recognize your hard Work! But I imagine those 28/6 pants kept you from getting too upset! The BMI is not perfect as it doesn’t take into consideration fat ratios or waist measurement! You sound there to me, but it’s whatever makes you happy! Congrats!
  • cmteach4
    Options
    October 4

Track: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: Zumba!

Managed to stage under despite birthday dinner and ice cream cake for our 5 year old grandson! It was mostly because I had to check in with you all! Thanks for being there!
  • AB0215
    Options

@SLIMn2016 Omg, I almost cried at the beginning of the summer when I bought a pair of petite capris in a size that wasn't in the plus size department and not only did they fit, but they were the right length! I'm only 4'10" and everything that fit me was always waaaaay too long because apparently you can't be fat and short....now those capris I was so excited about are too big...I literally wore them twice...

And I have a doctors appointment coming up next week, Monday, and when I first started going to her I weight 241 and she told me I was fat, which I knew. The next time I saw her I was 220, she said nothing. The next time I saw her I was 190, she said nothing, and this time I'll be under 175....bet she says nothing....super annoying. I'm over here busting my *ss and it's literally falling off, but does she notice...or care...nope...only cared when I was fat...
This discussion has been closed.