Tracey's OMAD Reboot

Replies

• volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Tracey as always your meals look yummy! Sometimes we just can't say no --esp after such a long fast!!! Stay strong you are doing great!
  • LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    edited March 2019
    As posted in yesterday's MM post, the nachos did hurt my weight this morning. I know it is just my glycogen stores refilling after my fast and low carb eating but geez o peez. Well anyway on to today's official weigh-in.

164.8 pounds

This weight made for a 2.7 pound loss for the week. I am aiming for a goal weight of 160 pounds next week.
  • volgirl1322
    WOW that is still really awesome and you know it was just temp from the sodium from the nachos and popcorn, but you still are doing awesome!!!!!!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    OMGGGGGGGGGG TRACEY!!! THAT'S AMAZING!!!

WOWZAS are you ever rocking it! I'm weighing in soon! Just hoping to keep up with ya at this point! LOL
  • LadyBlanks
    edited March 2019
    egtn0gfbusd3.png

Today was a good day. I also had a bulletproof coffee around 10:30 this morning. I remembered my ACV today.

I am hoping for a loss in the morning. My goal for this week is to have losses each day.
  • LadyBlanks
    4vvnq58wj3cd.png
  • EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    I appreciate your seriousness and love for fasting. Look forward to seeing your progress. You inspired me through some tough spots in the Fall.
  • LadyBlanks
    ql9qjnxcm9m5.png
  • LadyBlanks
    edited March 2019
    py5kgnawx369.png

Thoughts: I am all caught up on my MM posts from the weekend, but am so not happy with the results. This weekend was very carb heavy and the pounds just added on. I don't know what to say at this point.
  • LadyBlanks
    OK, so today I woke up to a scale weight of 170.7 pounds. :#:s:'( . I am really at a loss for words at this point. By now I should know not to let these fluctuations get to me, but this just feels like a major gut punch right now.

To put things in perspective, my goal for the week was to be at 160 pounds on Friday which I thought should not be an issue seeing that I was 164.8 just this past Friday and I had hoped to lose during the week but so far there have been only gains.

I still want to be at 160 pounds on Friday so I have 10 pounds to lose but I am perplexed at how to go about doing it and being able to keep my results. My immediate thoughts are to do a water fast today, a low calorie/low carb/no carb day tomorrow and a water fast on Thursday. I believe this will get me real close but I am afraid that as soon as I eat some carbs again, the weight will come right back. I want to be able to lose weight without having to depend on the extended fast and low carb eating.

I think after this week, for the last two weeks of MM, I will not do any water fast days and just go with regular OMAD and see what happens. I will just stick to my monthly 3 day fast and let that be the extent of my extended fasts and just do regular OMAD fasting. I believe consistency and sustainability is the key for me.

So the plan is: Today: Water Fast........Tomorrow: Basic OMAD.........Thursday: Water Fast..... and from then on Basic OMAD with the exception of my 3 day fast at the beginning of each month.
  • volgirl1322
    Hi Tracey,

Sorry about the scale.....That is one reason I can't weigh everyday it would drive me nuts, but for some it works. I know that @mistymeadows2005 has had a 10lb swing in a week's time, so it may be possible for you. DOn't get discouraged, you know it was just the extra bloat from the carbs and that your "whoosh" will come......We are here to support you, you have done so awesome and I am sure your trend downward will continue!! Hugs <3<3
  • LadyBlanks
    Thanks Donna, you are so right. I am looking forward to the whoosh any day now. I am of the mindset that you should not go low carb/keto unless you are in it for life because I know in my case it works really well as long as you are doing it but as soon as you reintroduce carbs the weight will come back with a vengeance. I have come to terms with this now and will NOT be doing low carb/keto anymore. I will just consume the healthy carbs and stay away from the processed junk.
  • mistymeadows2005
    edited March 2019
    It can be so frustrating Trace, I know :( The swings sometimes start to get to me too (like the last few week's annoying-a** plateau) but I just try to remember that it's a longer term downward trend, and the day to day just tells me how light or heavy my day should be...I like that your instinct when "at a loss", as you put it, was to go back to basics...that's a foolproof plan 99 times out of 100. I like tweaking mine and it keeps it interesting but it also does add variables, so the dice-roll is worth it for me to play around with things, but basic OMAD will always be the go-to ole' reliable :)

You've got this lady! I think we're all a tiny bit stuck in a plateau but we'll get through it together!

#MuskateerOn
  • LadyBlanks
    I think my body is still stuck on a higher body weight set point and any opportunity I give it to get back there it is going to take it. I need to figure out how to change that set point.
  • mistymeadows2005
    LadyBlanks wrote: »
    I think my body is still stuck on a higher body weight set point and any opportunity I give it to get back there it is going to take it. I need to figure out how to change that set point.

Well consistency should certainly help...As an example, I think I'm going to stick with my 72 hour fast this week for that simple fact...I want to keep it consistent week-to-week for now...if I'm still not seeing anything by EOW then I might consider changing it up but I wanna give it time to do it's thing...I think your current plan is beautiful :)
  • volgirl1322
    For me, since I can't do low carb for life (okay or more than a week or two) I have to stay away from it all together even though the weight will fly off but with one morsel of bread it comes back with a vengeance, I mean one morsel of bread can pack on 5lbs....I like carbs too much to give them up as well......
    So stick to what you know works, don't be too hard on yourself you are still doing fantastic!!!!
  • LadyBlanks
    I have decided to go with OMAD on my work days and an 8 hour window on weekends/off-work days holding off when I break my fast as long as possible. No food restrictions

Starting today. I hope to have a whoosh and get in the low 160's by Friday.
  • mistymeadows2005
    LadyBlanks wrote: »
    I have decided to go with OMAD on my work days and an 8 hour window on weekends/off-work days holding off when I break my fast as long as possible. No food restrictions

Starting today. I hope to have a whoosh and get in the low 160's by Friday.

WE CAN DO ITTTTTTTTT!
  • volgirl1322
    Best of luck to you.....totally got this!!!
  • asgentr
    asgentr Posts: 228 Member
    May your whoosh come true!