Replies

• sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,452 Member
    Options
    Daily check in for: Friday
    Logged: Yes and on target but too many carbs
    Water: 64 oz
    Exercise & Steps: None and 3278

I just can't shake this exhausted feeling. My cold is still here but much better but I am dragging. I have listened to my body and rested for days now. I am not going to push that hard but I am going to push this weekend. I am going to exercise at least a 1/2 hour and get 10K steps in no matter what! No killer workouts but I have to do something, AND my weight is going up. I am not worrying about that because I think I have been eating ok. Too many carbs yesterday but was under my calories. I just forgot to complete my diary. Oh well...Hope everyone has a great weekend!

@cyndiesstuff I remember when you used to post stuff from that book and it seemed like you were talking directly to me! Lol! It is amazing how spot on it is! I have still been following what I learned but haven’t progressed with the holidays. Thank you so much for recommending it. You probably want to hit me over the head with the book since you were telling me the same exact things for months lol! We have a lot of restaurants in the area that are healthier-seasons 52 is a chain and there is another one I can’t think of at the moment. We also have a lot of restaurants that have healthier options since so many people have dietary restrictions now a days. I hope there are a lot by you too. Although I have a Duncin donuts, a Wawa and a nail salon in walking distance every direction I turn...ok not quite that bad but we want for nothing where I live.
    @czvanut. Lol! You are the cutest little southern belle with your y’all s. I swear the drinking takes you on a slippery slope. I had an awful summer (well fun but not healthy) It’s not just the calories in the drinks, I would eat terrible after a few drinks. I think the best thing to do is pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get right back on track. Usually one night isn’t going to ruin your progress. It’s letting yourself spiral downwards that does.
    You have been doing great so just keep it going!
    @DananaNanas. I think having New Years on Tuesday made it seem like it was Monday on Wednesday.
    @lovemickeymouse Nice loss!!
    @nstephenson01 beautiful pic from your hike! You live in a beautiful area!
    @mrsbell8well we all have those weird hunger days. I am glad you thought it through and decided to wait to today. I am so happy someone contacted you through that post! Maybe that will be a starting place for people who are looking for support with your way of eating.
    @amsandos I love how you turned things around! You are killing it! Keep it up! Love your journal! A Harry Potter fan I see!
    @lenka1 I find when I start a new workout routine I tend to gain a little. So I think you are right, it is just water retention.
    @cassiegetsfit I glad your appointment went well. That’s nice that she suggested you try the yoga. Give it a try! People love it! A group class may be good to start off and then if you have questions the instructors could help. You don’t have to be front and center, you could hang in the back and do it. Good luck. And good luck at the doctors too. Hopefully they can get you on something for that BP. Btw-I looked on Amazon and did the same thing! Lol! I think I am going to try Michaels and look at the journals in person!
    @kirsten11872 Nice loss!
  • CassieGetsFit2013
    CassieGetsFit2013 Posts: 582 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    sleepymom5 wrote: »
    @cassiegetsfit2013 I'm glad your appointment went well. That’s nice that she suggested you try the yoga. Give it a try! People love it! A group class may be good to start off and then if you have questions the instructors could help. You don’t have to be front and center, you could hang in the back and do it. Good luck. And good luck at the doctors too. Hopefully they can get you on something for that BP. Btw-I looked on Amazon and did the same thing! Lol! I think I am going to try Michaels and look at the journals in person!

Oh nooooooo! She didn't mean group yoga, I would do that at home, groups she meant were like DBT groups for my depression and boredline personality disorder. Yeah, I am already on some things for my BP, clearly not the right doses yet so we shall see about that. Glad I get to see the Dr. I've been seeing for a few years now since she left to another clinic and I'm following her. That's a good idea, I will still have a tough time choosing in person, but maybe it'll be easier getting to see them in person and see what a they offer. 🙃 So for the yoga does Adreienne have videos for beginners?

• CassieGetsFit2013
    Options
    ljdanny wrote: »
    @CassieGetsFit2013 anxiety is tough and hopefully the yoga will help. My son suffers from anxiety and depression. His meds are constantly changing trying to help him. I suggested yoga to him because he also suffers from fibromyalgia and arthritis. He thought I was crazy saying it would help him relax. His Dr agreed with me but my guess is he's a boy doesn't think he should do yoga. We are here to support you.

Yup, I've been changed on different medications for depression and anxiety so many times, at least 30 or so, a lot of hard struggles with the ones that made things much worse for me. It's been a crazy, wild ride for sure. Well, I thought my Dr. Was crazy for saying it could help, but she said it gives you a chance to learn how to breathe properly during tough situations and can help your overall outcome during anxious situations so I don't know, J need to give it a try. Yeah, I see where he might not think yoga is for guys, but millions do it. (: Hope he gives it a try if I do! Thanks for your support.

• Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    @lenka1 thanks...I bought it 😁

@cassiegetsfit2013 I haven’t had time to read your post. I’ve been praying for you. More later
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    @CassieGetsFit2013 you might want to start with her gentle pm yoga to ck it out. She also adds lots of suggestions to modify. I’m currently doing her 30 day challenge. You can try that and skip the harder parts. She’s very gentle and encouraging. The breathing is a very big focus.
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    @Cafelelia I read that book too. Lots of great ideas. I’m getting ready to do my whole house
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    xmt8l458lrm7.jpg
    Homemade chicken noodle soup tonight with a little Italian bread.
  • CassieGetsFit2013
    Options
    @CassieGetsFit2013 you might want to start with her gentle pm yoga to ck it out. She also adds lots of suggestions to modify. I’m currently doing her 30 day challenge. You can try that and skip the harder parts. She’s very gentle and encouraging. The breathing is a very big focus.

I found a 20 minute bed time one with her and a 7 minute one, but might just try the 30 day yoga with her and maybe for moves I can't do I'll substitute with something else and if she has suggestions then that's good to. Not sure I will start tomorrow cause family's at the house and I'm to scared to do any exercising in front of anyone, even them so if I start I will attempt Monday! I wanna find something extra I can do on the week ends though without family around.
  • CassieGetsFit2013
    Options
    czvanut wrote: »
    xmt8l458lrm7.jpg
    Homemade chicken noodle soup tonight with a little Italian bread.

That looks delicious!
  • phoebe112476
    phoebe112476 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    @CassieGetsFit2013 - I hope this link works but if not search you tube for yoga with adriene beginner playlist. Several described as for beginners. As a beginner myself - I would start there.

• phoebe112476
    phoebe112476 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    @amsandos - I love HP! My oldest daughter is a Ravenclaw girl. Cute journal.
  • CassieGetsFit2013
    Options
    @CassieGetsFit2013 - I hope this link works but if not search you tube for yoga with adriene beginner playlist. Several described as for beginners. As a beginner myself - I would start there.

Thank you SO much! This is where I shall start. (: I wanna be apart of all the yogies here!
  • lenka1
    lenka1 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    @CassieGetsFit2013 I think you’re gonna really enjoy some yoga! It seems like your appointment went well though!

Have you tried journaling? About your day and mood, feelings?
  • twyla77
    twyla77 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Daily check in for: Saturday
    Logged Food: Yes, under!
    Water: almost made it to 8 cups! almost!
    Exercise: went to the gym and did my 28-Day Challenge - i have never done a lot of these moves before, so i have to Google and watch videos for proper form etc for some of them - don’t want to finish the challenge & find out I was doing everything wrong!
    Steps : 16,317 (walked halfway around the city looking for a special type of dried apple snack for my picky rabbit! he’s lucky he’s so cute!)

• CassieGetsFit2013
    Options
    lenka1 wrote: »
    @CassieGetsFit2013 I think you’re gonna really enjoy some yoga! It seems like your appointment went well though!

Have you tried journaling? About your day and mood, feelings?

Well, plenty of people have told me I will benefit from it so I think I need to give it a shot. I think it did go well. Sure I don't always agree with everything being said, but I didn't feel irritated afterwards.

I haven't tried journaling, but have been told to try it for years now. My Counselor wanted me to start one that she could even look at sometimes and have one to just myself.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,419 Member
    Options
    Cafelelia wrote: »
    Daily check in for Friday
    Food - logged and on target
    Water - 1 litre
    Steps - 6770 -on reduced target due to bum leg :(

We went away for Christmas & I reread the Marie Kondo book The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up. Read it last year, but just wasn’t connecting with it. Something sparked this time and I really felt it. So since I can’t go running, I started tidying! As per her system, you start with clothes, so that it what I did. Here is me with 8 donation bags (and some nicely organized closets & dressers that are not in the photo). It was emotionally and a bit physically challenging to do, but I feel so much better! Burned some extra calories too according to my Garmin!

Did you see she has a show on Netflix? I watched the first episode a few days ago. She is adorable! I have a copy of her book on my bedside table, but I have a couple ahead of hers to read first!
This discussion has been closed.