TEAM: The Slimsons (April)

Options

Replies

• i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,309 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    ameirose wrote: »

Do you have any tips on how you get so much water? I have some good days but I am still only at 80 oz.

https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/tervis-reg-slide-on-handle-for-tumbler/3290145?keyword=tervis-cup

I use a Tervis 24oz. with a lid that is fitted for a straw (easy to sip while I exercise & it fits perfectly on all of the equipment there) and fill it throughout the day....and I also have disposable 20 oz. hot cups with lids next to my Keurig so I grab two each morning, one for coffee and one for tea---then I refill then throughout the day while I'm on the move from desk to gym to home to kiddos pickups etc. I count my 20 ounce teas as water---nothing added--just a tea bag, decaf usually, although this week I'm detoxing with Green Tea.

Hope that helps--- I know it's tough to get on a roll with water/fluids... cold weather can make it tougher too---hence the need for tea!
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    🤼‍♀️🤼‍♂️HAPPY TUESDAY TEAM SLIMSONS🤼‍♂️🤼‍♀️

LET'S TALK ABOUT MOTIVATION THIS MORNING. . .

WHAT KEEPS YOU MOTIVATED TO CONTINUE ON YOUR JOURNEY?

When looking at our progress and sometimes even failures while we're on this journey; we've learned that we need something to motivate us to continue on the path even when we have setbacks.

Well, my motivation is to walk without any mobility device. To reach this goal I need to stay committed to a good eating plan and not order out so much and proud to say that since the 8th of last month I've finally found something that works. The key to this is being creative with my meals so I don't get bored. Every week I search for new low carb recipes and this week they are: Ground Turkey Cabbage Skillet and Green beans ground Turkey skillet recipe
    https://www.primaverakitchen.com/ground-turkey-cabbage-skillet/#wprm-recipe-container-27296

https://www.primaverakitchen.com/ground-turkey-skillet-with-green-beans

y2sdg56hfudp.jpg

By being creative it helps motivate me to stay focus on my end goal and also encourages to choose food that helps gove my body the nutrients that it needs. Don't get me wrong there are days when I want to get a slice of pizza or cake but I try to find healthy substitutes and that is a proud moment for me. At least until I succeed in losing my first short term of 150lbs then I will add low carb muffins into my eating plan.

Yes it's a long motivation post sorry😉😉

What are some of your goals that are keeping you on track to a healthy Lifestyle?

• gjaholy33
    Options
    Hi everyone!!

Username: Fitness327wk
    Week: April Week 1
    Weigh-in Day: Tuesday
    PW = 134.7
    CW = 134.5

Ugh, hurt my back playing golf Friday. I have had to take it pretty darn easy and missing doing my Barre classes. Going for a nice long walk today!

Welcome back and Hi to all new friends. 🌸🔥👍💃💯🥰🏌️‍♀️

Oh no sorry to hear that. I really hope you get better soon. Since you've been posting about Barre classes I've been watching some videos and thinking of trying it out.
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    jmitts2 wrote: »
    Hello Team!

My name is Jon. I live in Missouri, USA. This will be my first time doing a biggest loser outside of work. My main motivation for losing weight is my kids. Both of my parents died at 52 years old (heart attack and congestive heart failure). I will be 35 in July and my son is 3 and my daughter is 1. I have to beat out genetics to make sure I can watch them grow up. :)

My goals this month
    -Exercise 6 days a week for at least 30 mins of cardio per day
    -Lose 3 lbs/week
    -Lower Body Fat %
    -Raise Muscle Mass %

Stretch Goals
    -3 of the 6 cardio days be 60 mins
    -Lose 4 lbs/week

My first weigh in is tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Hey Jon,

Sorry about your family history and when you have those genectics you'll want to make sure you're around for the long haul for your children. I think that's an awesome motivation and know you will do awesome with meeting the goals you've set for yourself.
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Daily Post: Monday April 1st
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes (under)
    Exercise: Yes (went for a walk)
    Goals/Day/Comments: For the past few years (2yrs), I haven't made time to exercises. Today I did and it felt good.

It feels good to start something fresh. Keep it up.
  • dtp17
    dtp17 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Tue 2nd Apr
    Tracked yes
    Calories under
    Exercise 40 Squats and 10 push ups
    Water. Getting better. 5 glasses today. Want to get to 6 tomorrow.
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Daily check in 4.2

👙 tracked - yes
    👙 calories- under
    👙exercise- yoga and stretching.

Packed food for dinner, drinking water like it’s going out of style and at work for another 7 hours.
    Back to Soulcycle tomorrow!
    Goal - no coffee ☕️! I’ve already had 3. 😬
  • thelandkraken
    thelandkraken Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to give a motivating shout to my fellow Slimsons. Whether it’s been a hard day or an easy one, you’ve got this! We’re all behind you.

Day two check in - April 2nd
    Under calories: No, I unfortunately stress ate at the end of the day :(
    Tracked: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, I went for a long walk this morning
  • 303lissy
    303lissy Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    @gjaholy33 - thanks for linking those recipes? Looked through her site and saved the ground turkey/sweet potato recipe. Can't wait to try it!
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    303lissy wrote: »
    @gjaholy33 - thanks for linking those recipes? Looked through her site and saved the ground turkey/sweet potato recipe. Can't wait to try it!

Yes that's been my go to site for a couple weeks now. Too bad I can't have sweet potatoes right now but hopefully soon. Let me know how it comes out
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    gjaholy33 wrote: »
    Hi everyone!!

Username: Fitness327wk
    Week: April Week 1
    Weigh-in Day: Tuesday
    PW = 134.7
    CW = 134.5

Ugh, hurt my back playing golf Friday. I have had to take it pretty darn easy and missing doing my Barre classes. Going for a nice long walk today!

Welcome back and Hi to all new friends. 🌸🔥👍💃💯🥰🏌️‍♀️

Oh no sorry to hear that. I really hope you get better soon. Since you've been posting about Barre classes I've been watching some videos and thinking of trying it out.

Thank you! It is awesome!!! You should check it out!!
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Daily Post Sunday

Track yes
    Calories yes under
    Exercise yes 15 minutes walking
    Water 120oz
    Goals/comments
    Had my Physical therapy session all the way from the Bronx, traffic wasn't too bad. So in conjunction with the PT doctor I've up my calories to 1200 and will only have 800-1000 7 days every 3 weeks so my body will not go into fat storing mode. So I added 2 tablespoons of brown rice to my meal, with steam cabbage and low chicken mozzarella recipe.

Daily Post Monday

Track yes
    Calories yes under
    Exercise yes 12 minutes of calisthenics
    Water 170oz
    Goals/comments
    Praise'm Praise'm

Felt lousy with this ever persistent back pain but I still manage to do 5 minutes on the Total fit gym, 3 reps of 10 chair push-ups and 10 step-ups. Had my dinner with the new recipe
    https://www.primaverakitchen.com/ground-turkey-skillet-with-green-beans

Very proud of my progess for today cause although I was in bed all day I push myself out long enough to get dress and workout with my aide as an assist just in case.
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Tuesday, April 2nd
    Username: SLIMn2016

✅ Track: Yes
    ✅ Calories: Yes, under
    ✅ Exercise: Yes, Strength Training Class + Elliptical (morning) & Arc Training + Treadmill (evening)
    ✅ Water: 229.8 oz.
    ✅ Steps: 23,516 / 12.25 miles
  • o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Tuesday 2 April

❇️Track: Yes
    ❇️Calories: Under
    ❇️Exercise: No
    ❇️Comments: I struggled for time today and ended up missing lunch. I wasn’t feeling hungry at dinner time so later in the evening I just had oatmeal (with an extra 15g), and I added chopped banana, blueberries and honey so that it was filling 😋
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    Daily post for Tuesday

Track: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: stairs at work and 300 squats
    Water: 210 oz and counting

TOM hit, so that usually means a gain.... I am a bit upset cuz this week I was gonna hit a big milestone goal of mine (lowest recorded weight on MFP, and I have been on and off here since 2012). But it looks like it will have to be next week instead.... oh well.
    I am expecting a big loss next week though!!
  • grizziegriz
    grizziegriz Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Tuesday, April 2nd

❇️Track: Yes
    ❇️Calories: Under
    ❇️Exercise: Yes
    ❇️Comments: Had a good walk and eating good. great day today. :p
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    jmitts2 wrote: »
    Hello Team!

My name is Jon. I live in Missouri, USA. This will be my first time doing a biggest loser outside of work. My main motivation for losing weight is my kids. Both of my parents died at 52 years old (heart attack and congestive heart failure). I will be 35 in July and my son is 3 and my daughter is 1. I have to beat out genetics to make sure I can watch them grow up. :)

My goals this month
    -Exercise 6 days a week for at least 30 mins of cardio per day
    -Lose 3 lbs/week
    -Lower Body Fat %
    -Raise Muscle Mass %

Stretch Goals
    -3 of the 6 cardio days be 60 mins
    -Lose 4 lbs/week

My first weigh in is tomorrow. Wish me luck!
    Welcome. Sorry for the loss of your parents.
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    Daily check in
    Tues April 2
    Tracked 1/2 the day
    Calories way over.
    Exercise sorta lol
    I did not get to the gym today and it was raining earlier in the day. I told my husband after dinner I was going to go to the Rec center and walk around the track. He thought we should walk to the supermarket and get ice cream to make our own blizzards. Ughh. I feel sooooo sick now. But it was good. Lol
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: April 2nd

Calories under goal: Yes
    Exercise: 15,100 steps (6.06 miles), 11 flights of steps, 6 squats
  • Wildmage69
    Wildmage69 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Tuesday 4/2

Calories: Under
    Exercise: Yes, 25 min on the stationary bike
    Goals/Comments: almost blew it today. Had to peddle a little longer to make up!
This discussion has been closed.