Today's Goals - What are yours?

Options

Replies

• bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    Jackie9003 wrote: »
    @tinkerbellang83 all this talk of banana bread is making me want some, now! lol

Sowwy! It's totally getting done today, so will be stricken from the list tomorrow and will vanish (both in words and substance likely)

The whole world seems to be baking banana loaf, my facebook feed is full of it lol
    It's my daughters favourite thing, I've been making it for years.
    With mine I swap half the sugar for golden syrup, it gives a lovely sticky top to it.
    Also I've just tried adding coffee to one and cinnamon to another, both were lovely.

I made banana bread yesterday. IT's tink's fault! She's the one that mentioned it! Though I"m going to have to get rid of it soon; I can't stay out of it! I went over on my calorie count yesterday because I couldn't resist another slice
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options

Sowwy! It's totally getting done today, so will be stricken from the list tomorrow and will vanish (both in words and substance likely)

The whole world seems to be baking banana loaf, my facebook feed is full of it lol
    With mine I swap half the sugar for golden syrup, it gives a lovely sticky top to it.
    Also I've just tried adding coffee to one and cinnamon to another, both were lovely.

I made banana bread yesterday. IT's tink's fault! She's the one that mentioned it! Though I"m going to have to get rid of it soon; I can't stay out of it! I went over on my calorie count yesterday because I couldn't resist another slice

It is very moreish!
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options

It is very moreish!

And that, ladies and gentleman, is why I have not been baking, even though I have cranberries marinading in triple sec in the cupboard. (Rehydrating dried fruit in alcohol is a baker's secret!) I will eat it if I make it and I don't want to eat it, I want to lose weight.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options

It is very moreish!

And that, ladies and gentleman, is why I have not been baking, even though I have cranberries marinading in triple sec in the cupboard. (Rehydrating dried fruit in alcohol is a baker's secret!) I will eat it if I make it and I don't want to eat it, I want to lose weight.

I tried to friend request you and MFP wouldn’t let me!
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options

I've done all sorts of twists with mine, used Polenta instead of flour, added kiwis (seeds give it a lovely texture), added nuts, chocolate chips, etc.
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options

I've done all sorts of twists with mine, used Polenta instead of flour, added kiwis (seeds give it a lovely texture), added nuts, chocolate chips, etc.

Ooooh, kiwi sounds nice.
    Options
    I used to make a peanut butter chocolate bread, like banana bread. It tasted like a Reese's Cup. That was what I gave my sons for Christmas when we were poor, and it was quite popular. I do find that if you add cocoa powder you need a little more oil. I increase from 1/4 to 1/3 cup in my recipe. Or you could add an egg yolk.

Oddly enough talking about the chemistry and varieties of the sweet bread doesn't make me hungry. Or maybe that's because I just had breakfast. (grin)

AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    So, today normally would be my day for the store, but it is raining, we're not seriously out of anything, and tomorrow will do just as well, when it's dry.

I've got ham and beans cooking in both crockpots because I soaked the entire bag of beans, and, well, having soaked them I must cook them. I'll have to take a batch to my mother along with her pie this weekend. I also need to make a quichecake for next week's breakfasts, and this one this time is sausage and spinach and caramelized onions. (The base of a quichecake is 2 blocks of cream cheese and ten eggs, and you add in cheese and meat and veggies to suit. That makes a 9 x 13 pan and serves 12. Halve that to one block of cream cheese and five eggs, and it fits in a pie plate and serves 6-8.) And I still haven't made that garlic bread, and we're having spaghetti tonight so it would be nice to have ready for then.

There's some laundry I didn't finish yesterday to deal with, too, and of course the dishes this will all produce, plus making the pulled pork sandwiches for lunch, and the spaghetti and meatballs and zucchini for dinner.

I think I have enough to keep me busy!
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Friday 24th April Goals/To Do List
    > 8000 Steps
    > Yoga
    > Laundry
    > Pay my bills
    > Pick up some groceries
    > Make some blue cheese dip to go with my shredded chicken buffalo sauce pizza
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    To Do List for Friday, April 24

Must Do List --
    Log everything in MFP
    Drink at least 8 water
    Do at least 2 sets of 5 minute walk
    Do 15 minute morning stretches
    Do 30 min chair yoga routine -- use new chair yoga program
    Clean Bathroom: Stool, Bathtub, Floor, Walls
    Make Soup

Need To Do --
    Put clothes away
    Organize Closet

Like To Do --
    Work in yard doing cleanup for a bit -- at least 15 minutes
    Do one load of laundry: wash, dry, fold, put away Ya Know This Ain't Happenin' Today LOL

Have a great day Y'all!! :)
  • cesse47
    Options
    To Do List for Saturday, April 25

Must Do List --
    Log everything in MFP
    Drink at least 8 water
    Make Soup
    Pick up prescription from drug store -- YEA!! I get to go out!! A car ride!! :p

Need To Do --
    Put clothes away
    Organize Closet -- just need to START!!

Like To Do --
    Do one load of laundry: wash, dry, fold, put away Ya Know This Ain't Happenin' Today LOL

Have a great day Y'all!! . :)
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    cesse47 wrote: »
    To Do List for Saturday, April 25

Must Do List --
    Log everything in MFP
    Drink at least 8 water
    Make Soup
    Pick up prescription from drug store -- YEA!! I get to go out!! A car ride!! :p

Need To Do --
    Put clothes away

Like To Do --

We had to pick up prescriptions, too....I am now like a dog getting to take a ride!...it’s so exciting!
  • cesse47
    Options

We had to pick up prescriptions, too....I am now like a dog getting to take a ride!...it’s so exciting!

I know!! Makes me giggle! :D
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    > 8000 Steps
    > Yoga
    > Laundry
    > Pay my bills
    > Pick up some groceries

Weekend To/Do List
    > Get out for a longer walk
    > Strength Training
    > Yoga
    > Pick up some fresh veg & salad
    > Finish up my Olio/FB Selling listings
  • cesse47
    Options
    To Do List for Sunday, April 26

Must Do List --
    Log everything in MFP
    Drink at least 8 water
    Clean Bathroom: Stool, Bathtub, Floor, Walls -- still working on walls

Need To Do --
    Put clothes away -- just get in done Already!!

Like To Do --
    Do one load of laundry: wash, dry, fold, put away -- target for Mon/Tues

• conniewilkins56
    Options
    My plan today is to mop floors after John vacuums and dust the family room...get some steps in...drink water...prepare dinner!
  • michne16
    michne16 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Go for a walk
    Do not order any food to be delivered
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    > 8000 Steps
    > Yoga
    > Laundry
    > Pay my bills
    > Pick up some groceries

Weekend To/Do List
    > Get out for a longer walk
    > Strength Training
    > Yoga
    > Pick up some fresh veg & salad

> Finish up my Olio/FB Selling listings

Didn't get the Olio stuff done.

Monday 27th April
    > Walk
    > Yoga
    > Meditation
    > Calm Check In
    > Eat 5 portions of fruit & veg
    > Stay hydrated
    > Laundry
    > Sort out the Olio Stuff
    > Make sure flatmate takes all his kitchen stuff when he moves out
    Options
    Today's personal goals:

Weigh and measure all applicable food: I suspect my portion sizes have been creeping upward.

Clean the kitchen: wash the front of the cabinets, pick up and clean "under" and "behind" everything. Clean inside of microwave and clean oven. Clean the coffee bar, refill everything. Sweep and dust and steam-mop kitchen.

Make lunch: Chicken quesadillas.

Clean "back area": Clean half-bath under the stairs, and the laundry room, and the hallway back to the garage. Sweep and steam-mop floor. Wash the week's kitchen and work towels.

Clean the carpeted area downstairs. High dust, horizontal dust, clean cat nose prints off windows, sprinkle carpet with baking soda and vaccuum, moving the table and chairs.

Make dinner: Chicken piccata, orichette pasta. (I'll make brussel sprouts steamed and tossed with a little butter and sea salt for Boyfriend and Girlfriend, but I can't eat them.) Garlic bread: a half a mini-loaf, sliced and toasted.

Call for Boyfriend's med and go get it when it is filled.

Do stretching

Do yoga.

Take all my meds on time.

• cesse47
    Options
    To Do List for Monday, April 27

Must Do List --
    Eat Mindfully & Drink 8 water & Log everything in MFP
    Do 15 minute Richard Simmons stretches
    Do 30 min chair yoga routine
    Clean Bathroom: Stool, Bathtub, Floor, Walls -- one wall left to do

Need To Do --
    Put clothes away -- just get it done Already!!
    Vacuum
    Mop Kitchen floor

Like To Do --
    Do one load of laundry: wash, dry, fold, put away -- target for Mon/Tues

Have a great day Y'all!! :)