Today's Goals - What are yours?

Options

Replies

• conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    My goal today is to stay on track....I had a really good day yesterday and a string of good days would be nice...I have about given up on a rest day from swimming this week...rain has shortened my time in the pool twice so I have only gotten a couple really good days exercising...so I plan on going to the pool,eating right,enjoying the orange jello pineapple carrot salad I made yesterday and forgot to eat!....making some deviled eggs ( TYVM Bmeadows because that’s all I think about lately and I rarely eat eggs )...Trust in the process and be patient!
  • eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    eliezalot wrote: »

Aug 25
    • Pick up prescription
    • Activity of some sort (painting the guest room, biking, yoga)
    • Can green beans. Must do before they go bad. I just picked another good sized bunch yesterday.

Biked to the pharmacy to get my refill. Super short ride, but nice to be out for a bit. Finally canned by green and wax beans. I got 4.5 pints out of this batch. I think I'm up to 12 jars total? Not a ton, but I also don't have a lot of garden space. I'll make more with store bought beans as needed. Home canned green beans are one of my absolute favorite foods though, and I'm so excited to have some from my garden this year!

Today is a short list! If I can get just these things done I'll be happy.

Aug 26
    • Cook and can the carrot fennel soup
    • Hit my calorie goal
    • Plan my bike route to work tomorrow (first time in the office since early March - we are finally allowed in to pick up items that we need!)
    • Bonus: Yoga
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    Well, I was going to get the curtains hung in the bedroom, but I ran into a problem, so I'm only hanging one today.

Problem: I had the curtains boxed up and taped up, and was not about to open that box til I was ready to hang them, because I have two cats, and I just got those curtains cleaned before I boxed them. So I had to go by memory when I ordered a short curtain. The short curtain goes up half the year, because we have a window a/c in one window. The cold part of the year the full-length curtain go in to help keep the room warm. I couldn't remember if the curtains had been pale tan or dark tan. You can see what's coming next, right? Yep. So when I unboxed today the short curtain was pale tan and the full length curtains were dark.

Fortunately the sewing room also has a window with an air conditioner, and I haven't put up curtains there yet. So I will put in the pale short curtain there, and have ordered a room-darkening rod for it to go on, and a set of longer pale curtains for winter, as well as a dark tan short curtain. So when that comes, I'll be able to curtain all the windows, and when I have a migraine I'll be able to make the room dark even at noon. And the sewing/guest room will have that capability, because the people who would come and stay are related to me and they get migraines too.
  • gewel321
    gewel321 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    So I did some math today. Not a lot because I get in trouble when I do more than basic math. I am 49 days out from my 1 year starting MFP. That is 7 weeks exactly. If I loose 1lb per week (less than what I am averaging currently) I will be in ONEderland. That's a huge accomplishment and the lowest weight I ever made it post surgery. I plan on continuing on with my plan and reaching my goal weight of 174 (at least that is my first goal. I will see what I want to do when I get there).

Not a goal for today but a long term goal with a light at the end of the tunnel.
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    gewel321 wrote: »
    So I did some math today. Not a lot because I get in trouble when I do more than basic math. I am 49 days out from my 1 year starting MFP. That is 7 weeks exactly. If I loose 1lb per week (less than what I am averaging currently) I will be in ONEderland. That's a huge accomplishment and the lowest weight I ever made it post surgery. I plan on continuing on with my plan and reaching my goal weight of 174 (at least that is my first goal. I will see what I want to do when I get there).

Not a goal for today but a long term goal with a light at the end of the tunnel.

You are doing such a great job!...I am happy to see you posting more!...I should hit my lowest weight sometime this week if everything stays on track!
  • rieraclaelin
    rieraclaelin Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    My goal for the day was to try and not let anxiety win, and so far I think I've succeeded! Also, my goal is to get up to around what my goal calorie for the day I have, given to me by weight management. I was told to aim for 2100-2300 calories a day if I exercise, and days where I'm not as active to not go below 1800. Thanks to anxiety, I've been barely able to get myself to 1800, even on days that I'm exercising. But so far today my calorie count is at 2000, so, whoo!

I went to the doctor's today, and had the choice of using the elevator or climbing the stairs for the second floor. Three Months Ago Me would have chosen the elevator, but today, I chose the stairs. And managed to make it up to the second floor without being out of breath! (Which is still shocking me...)

• dew11252
    dew11252 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Today.......
    Log everything and stay within calories
    Drink water!
    No alcohol today
    Elliptical time
    Other...
    Spend an hour cleaning files/stuff in the office
    Clean corner cabinet in kitchen
  • rieraclaelin
    rieraclaelin Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    My goals for the day

Get to at least 1900 calories, preferably closer to 2100
    Work out for 30 minutes with a YouTube video
    Give the dog a much needed oatmeal bath for her allergies
    Do a load of laundry
    Try to get up and walk around at least once an hour and not get sucked into my phone/computer
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Minimum things to do today...fold some laundry and fix dinner, etc...I have got to stay out of the sun and water today and take a break...I need to give myself a sugar scrub and use a bottle of skin lotion on my arms and legs lol...I feel good but I really need a rest day...I was going to go grocery shopping but the pantry and frige will survive!
  • eliezalot
    Options

Today is a short list! If I can get just these things done I'll be happy.

Aug 26
    • Cook and can the carrot fennel soup
    • Hit my calorie goal
    • Plan my bike route to work tomorrow (first time in the office since early March - we are finally allowed in to pick up items that we need!)
    • Bonus: Yoga

I did not accomplish any of those things, lol. I did manage my bike ride to and from work on Thursday, only making a few wrong turns and u-turns...It isn't a particularly direct route, lol. There were more hills than I had anticipated, but they weren't at all an issue to bike up as I had feared. It felt great.

Weekend goals:
    [*] Cook and can the carrot fennel soup
    [*] Be close to calorie goal
    [*] Either limit post-dinner evening snacking or budget for it ahead of time
    [*] Yoga or bike ride
    [*] Paint some more in the guest room
    [*] Do something in the garden
  • mssue18
    mssue18 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Today I want to walk, go visit a friend, do some laundry and relax then get ready for tomorrow. I made dinner last night and have leftovers. I forgot though that I need to do some food shopping. Today now looks busier than I thought since I wrote it down. I hope I get at least little bits of these things done.
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    mssue18 wrote: »
    Today I want to walk, go visit a friend, do some laundry and relax then get ready for tomorrow. I made dinner last night and have leftovers. I forgot though that I need to do some food shopping. Today now looks busier than I thought since I wrote it down. I hope I get at least little bits of these things done.

Isn’t it great to have leftovers?...we seldom do but when there is food from a meal leftover it’s like a holiday from cooking lol...good luck getting your list finished...
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    I plan on taking a rest day but if I get antsy this afternoon I will find myself at the pool!...the house is clean and our two new love seats and recliner are being delivered in the morning!...we ordered it in early June but had to wait on a mechanical part from China...usual laundry and kitchen to take care of...have to help grandson clean the patio if it doesn’t rain...I already paid him for doing it a week ago!...try to think of something different for dinner...watch the Tampa Bolts hockey game after dinner....
  • gewel321
    gewel321 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    This week is crazy after work so I am going to try to get in a workout tonight. Tuesday is scout committee meeting, Wednesday I am going out for dinner with a friend, Thursday is District Scout meeting. Time will fly I know it but I would like some relax time in there as well.
    Options
    Let's see....Joined the local gym online, and am waiting for a training slot. They'll text me about that, so that's handled for now. I have clothes and shoes. I don't have a bathing suit but I am not going to swim right now, so that's fine.

I have more dishes to do as soon as the ones on the drying rack can be put away. Make lunch (chicken quesadillas) and eat it, and finish picking up the library and clean it. Dust and sweep the front room, and clean the downstairs bathroom and the kitchen. I also have two books to read so they can go to the library tomorrow. One is on English castle ghosts and is background for my novel. One is on psychology and is just for fun.

My younger son (20) is supposed to come down and work on the ridge and divots left by the sewer people back in July. I think it's had enough time to settle, and it won't take him that long to make the high places low and fill in the divots, and then we can seed it and eventually mow it like the rest of the yard. But I haven't heard from him and am not sure. Well, we're having swiss steak for dinner, and since it's premade and microwaves, I still have plenty of time for him to contact me before I have to decide what we're doing. Of course, depending on how Boyfriend and Girlfriend are doing mental health-wise, I may make them the swiss steak meal and go out with Younger Son. I know most of the area restaurants and am not going to beat myself up if I go 50 calories over. We'll see what happens, and either way I will get a good meal on time, and that's what counts.
  • eliezalot
    Options

Weekend goals:
    [*] Cook and can the carrot fennel soup
    [*] Be close to calorie goal
    [*] Either limit post-dinner evening snacking or budget for it ahead of time
    [*] Yoga or bike ride
    [*] Paint some more in the guest room
    [*] Do something in the garden

Wasn't great with the list this weekend, but was still productive. Rather than do most of the things on it, I spent good chunks of both days painting the guest room, and starting to paint our bedroom. I wasn't sure how to account for painting calories, and while I ate extra on Saturday, I was just famished on Sunday (also likely cycle-related). I ended up going over my calories by about 1000, and wonder if I just hadn't re-fueled well enough after painting on Saturday. I'm still quite hungry today, so will focus on heavy-protein meals, as that tends to fill me up the most. I might call today a maintenance day as well, if needed.

8/31 goals:
    • Hit my deficit goal, or eat no more than maintenance
    • Mail the Poshmark item I sold
    • Anxiety prevention (I can feel it starting to be one of those weeks, and would much prefer to nip it in the bud)
  • eliezalot
    Options
    8/31 goals:
    • Hit my deficit goal, or eat no more than maintenance
    • Mail the Poshmark item I sold
    • Anxiety prevention (I can feel it starting to be one of those weeks, and would much prefer to nip it in the bud)

Ate at maintenance yesterday, mailed my box (well, sent husband to mail it), and managed to keep the anxiety at bay.

9/1
    HOW IS IT SEPTEMBER ALREADY
    • Continue anxiety prevention!
    • Hit calorie (deficit) goal
    • Drink enough water
    Options
    I want to do a few errands today, if my cramping will permit. Mostly library.

The bed topper is supposed to come today, so I will put that on the bed, and hopefully we will sleep better.
    I'd really like it if they'd call to schedule an interview with him, but that's on the lap of the gods. Everything looks really promising, but I'd like to see it move forward. I don't like not having an income.
  • eliezalot
    Options
    9/1
    • Continue anxiety prevention!
    • Hit calorie (deficit) goal
    • Drink enough water

Hit my calorie goal with ease yesterday, which was a nice change from the last few days. Still feeling pretty thirsty (thanks corned beef!), but that is decreasing and water weight is starting to come off too.

9/2
    • Hit calorie goal again
    • More anxiety prevention
    • Drink enough water
    • Do something fun for myself (start a new embroidery project, read, find recipes for this weekend, etc...)
    • Yoga?
  • alligatorob
    alligatorob Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    I found myself down another pound this morning, not something I expected. I am trying for maintenance so it is mixed news. I just upped my calories to a 1600 a day target a couple of days ago, and am hoping for no gain no loss. Another pound won't hurt me.

My goal to day is to get to the gym, exercise, and more importantly to stay on my maintenance track!