FITNESS WARRIORS DECEMBER CHAT

Options

Replies

• SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    SLIMn2016 wrote: »
    @Navydaddjtc Those links are awesome--thank you so much... I especially like the DAREBEE.COM site.... that one has great workouts and terrific meal plans...that site helped very much with my fasting schedule and food choices.

Stay warm and safe ---I hope the storm isn't too bad.

Awesome stuff! 💃💃👍💃💃

Thank you Nancy about weight loss!
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    shbarbor wrote: »
    Thoughtful Thursday: How do we turn those negative thoughts around?

ncgh8yae2z1n.png

Here is some reading to do when you have a quiet moment....
    I'll be working on these techniques this week! I hope you will join me and share with us what has worked for you.

Tips to shift your Mindset:
    https://health.usnews.com/wellness/articles/2016-09-19/10-ways-to-shift-your-mindset-for-better-weight-loss

Replacing negative thoughts with positive thoughts:
    https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/what-mentally-strong-people-dont-do/201805/the-beginners-guide-changing-negative-thoughts

When positive affirmations aren’t working, a slightly different technique:
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/melodywilding/2016/08/15/forget-positive-thinking-this-is-how-you-actually-change-negative-thoughts/#5e1f17936c46

Visualizing your goals for athletes can be almost as effective as practicing those goals:
    https://www.huffpost.com/entry/why-visualization-might-b_b_9407638

https://www.verywellfit.com/attitude-and-sports-performance-3974677

Fantastic info Sue!
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    Confidentraven
    PW: 266.4
    CW: 265.2

Awesome 💃💃🌟💃💃
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    christys03 wrote: »
    Morning!!!
    Dec 11 goals
    Water👊
    Protein👊
    Exercise👊
    Carbs👊

Even had pizza! Woot

Have a great day everyone!!!
    💛💛💛

Have a fabulous day Christy! 💜🌟💜
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    tuffgirl19 wrote: »
    Dec 10 Tues
    Week 2 Goals:
    -25+g fiber daily ❌ 17g
    -2 fruits daily ❌ 1.5
    -120+ 💦 daily ✔️
    -Log at least 40 min exercise daily✔️ 71 min
    -Strength training 5/7 days
    ✔️✔️✔️weights/TRX, cardio
    -7500 steps✔️ 7676

Monday 12/9 steps: 8064

Thanks Greg! Sorry I forgot to bold it on Monday🤪

Great job on water! Can you please post weight from Tuesday, sorry if I missed it!
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    12/11
    1. Gratitude journal/Bible Devotional/Insight Timer/Daily positive Affirmations ✅
    2. Watch sodium 🧂 and sugar intake! Stay within my macros. No
    3. Nothing after 8 PM ✅
    4. Barre 4 times and 10,000 steps 💃💃💃 No
    5. 96 oz 💦 💧 💦 ✅

Have an awesome day team!
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    66g5t3kerivy.jpeg
  • tuffgirl19
    tuffgirl19 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Tuffgirl19
    Weigh in Week: 2
    Weigh in Day: Tuesday
    Previous Week: 164.4
    Today’s Weight: 164.4

Sorry for the late weigh in this week! And I am totally In for THE WARRIORS!! 🌟🙌🏻💥😎
  • shbarbor
    shbarbor Posts: 3,340 Member
    Options
    @Tuffgirl19 Excellent!!!! Weigh-in posted :smile:
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    GOOD MID MORNING WARRIORS....
    SINCE I AM GOING TO BE IN TOWN TOMORROW I THOUGHT I WOULD POST MY RECIPES FOR YOU TODAY.
    THE FIRST ONE IS A VERSION FROM LEE DRUMMOND ( THE PIONEER WOMEN) THAT THE TEEN CHEFS AND I USED TO MEET OUR CLIENTS NEED THAT WANTED A LIGHTER AND HEALTHIER VERSION OF THIS ITALIAN CLASSIC

Zucchini Lasagna
    • Level: Easy Yield: 8 servings
    • Total: 1 hr 40 min (includes cooling time)
    • Active: 25 min
    Ingredients
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    One 20-ounce package cremini mushrooms, sliced
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    15 ounces spinach, rinsed and drained
    3 large zucchinis (about 1 1/2 pounds)
    1 pound mozzarella
    6 fresh basil leaves
    2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
    3 cups low-fat cottage cheese
    1 cup freshly grated Parmesan
    2 eggs, beaten
    Salt, to taste
    Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
    Two 24-ounces jars store-bought marinara sauce

DIRECTIONS
    1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
    2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and mushrooms and sauté until lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Stir in the garlic. Add the spinach and cook, stirring, until it wilts. Remove from the heat and set aside.
    3. Meanwhile, trim the ends of the zucchini. Using a knife, carefully slice the zucchini lengthwise into thin strips, about 1/16 inch thick. If the zucchini looks watery, lay the slices on paper towels to absorb excess moisture before using.
    4. Grate the mozzarella cheese and set aside.
    5. Cut the basil into a chiffonade by stacking the leaves on top of one another, rolling them tightly and then cutting across. Finely chop the parsley. In a medium bowl, combine the herbs, cottage cheese, 1/2 cup of the Parmesan, the eggs, salt and pepper and stir well.
    6. To assemble the lasagna, place a third of the mushrooms and spinach mixture over the bottom of a 13-by-9-inch baking dish. Spoon a layer of marinara on top and cover with half of the zucchini strips, carefully overlapping the edges. Spoon half of the cottage cheese mixture onto the zucchini and spread to distribute evenly. Sprinkle half the mozzarella on top of the cottage cheese mixture. Repeat the process above, layering the mushrooms and spinach, marinara, the remaining zucchini strips, cottage cheese, and mozzarella into the dish. Top with the remaining mushrooms and spinach, followed by a final layer of marinara.
    7. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of the Parmesan over the top and bake until the lasagna is hot and bubbly, about 40 minutes. Allow to stand for 35 minutes before cutting into squares.

Bon Appétit

• Navydaddjtc
    Options
    THE NEXT INSTALLMENT IS ALL TIME FAVORITE IN THE ANDERSON HOUSE
    Chicken Alfredo
    Prep Time10 mins Cook Time15 mins Total Time25 mins
    Course: Main Course Cuisine: Italian
    Servings: 4 people Calories: 243kcal
    Ingredients
    • 3 large zucchini spiralized
    • 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon butter or olive oil
    • 4 thin boneless skinless chicken breasts
    • 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning or equal parts dried garlic, oregano and basil
    • salt and pepper to taste
    • 1 and ½ tablespoons flour
    • 1 and ½ cups skim milk
    • ½ cup Grated Parmesan cheese
    • 2 tablespoons Chopped parsley.
    Instructions
    1. Heat 1 teaspoon of butter in a large pan over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the Italian seasoning and salt and pepper over the chicken.
    2. Place the chicken in the pan and cook for 5-6 minutes on each side, or until done.
    3. Remove the chicken from the pan and put on a plate. Cover to keep warm.
    4. Wipe out the pan with a paper towel. Heat remaining tablespoon of butter over medium-high heat. Add the flour and whisk until the butter and flour are thoroughly incorporated about 1 minute.
    5. Add the milk to the pan and cook, stirring constantly until thickened, 3-4 minutes.
    6. Stir in the Parmesan cheese.
    7. Add the zucchini noodles to the pan.
    8. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes or until zucchini noodles are just tender. Add salt and pepper to taste.
    9. Slice the chicken and arrange it on top of the zucchini noodles. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.

dellqpcwn75a.png

Bon Appétit
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    FOR YOUR CONTINUING DINING ENJOYMENT. THIS IS A UNFAMILIAR RECIPE TO ME AND I SEARCHED TO FIND THE BEST ONE FOR YOU ...ENJOY
    Tofu Pad Thai

Easy Tofu Pad Thai ready in just 30 minutes with simple ingredients. A hearty, versatile, plant-based dish with tons of texture and big flavor!
    Author: Minimalist Baker
    Prep Time 20 minutes Cook Time 10 minutes
    Total Time 30 minutes Servings: (Servings)
    Category: Entree Cuisine: Gluten-Free, Thai-Inspired, Vegan
    Freezer Friendly No Does it keep? 3-4 Days

Ingredients
    SAUCE
    • 1 ½ tsp tamarind paste / concentrate* (or sub additional 1 Tbsp / 15 ml lime juice as recipe is written)
    • 1/3 cup coconut aminos (or sub half the amount with tamari or soy sauce and work your way up as it’s saltier)
    • 3 ½ Tbsp coconut sugar
    • 1 ½ tsp chili garlic sauce
    • 1 ½ Tbsp lime juice
    • 1-2 tsp Vegetarian Fish Sauce ( or store-bought // optional)
    STIR FRY
    • 1 Tbsp sesame oil (if avoiding oil, omit and use a nonstick pan)
    • 1 cup cubed extra firm tofu
    • 2 Thai red chilies (fresh or dried), chopped OR 1/2 tsp chili flakes (optional)
    • 2 cloves garlic, minced (2 cloves yield ~1 Tbsp or 6 g)
    • 1 Tbsp coconut aminos (or tamari)
    • 1 cup bean sprouts
    • 1 cup chopped green onions
    • 1/3 cup chopped roasted salted peanuts
    NOODLES
    • 8 ounces Pad Thai rice noodles (We like Annie Chun’s brand)
    FOR SERVING optional
    • Lime wedges
    • Bean sprouts
    • Peanut sauce
    • Shredded carrot
    • Cilantro
    • Sriracha or Chili Garlic Sauce (we like Huy Fong Foods brand)
    Instructions
    1. To a small saucepan, add tamarind, coconut aminos, coconut sugar, chili garlic sauce, lime juice, and vegetarian fish sauce (optional) and heat over medium heat until just simmering. Cook for 30 seconds, stirring occasionally, then turn off heat. Set aside.
    2. Ensure all stir fry ingredients are prepped, including cubed (briefly pressed) tofu, chopped green onions, minced garlic, bean sprouts, and chopped peanuts. If serving with peanut sauce (optional), prepare at this time.
    3. Add Pad Thai noodles to a large bowl and cover with just boiling water. Stir and cover and cook according to package instructions (usually about 5-6 minutes or until al dente).
    4. Drain noodles and toss with a little sesame oil to prevent sticking. Set aside.
    5. Heat a large-rimmed skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add oil and tofu and sauté for about 4 minutes, turning occasionally so it browns on all sides. Add red pepper flakes or Thai chilies, garlic, and coconut aminos (be careful, as the coconut aminos can splatter). Toss gently to combine until garlic is just slightly browned.
    6. Add noodles, Pad Thai sauce, bean sprouts, green onions, and peanuts and cook over medium-high heat, tossing occasionally (tongs are most useful) for about 2-3 minutes or until the sauce has coated everything and the dish is hot.
    7. To serve, plate with additional garnishes such as lime wedges, bean sprouts, peanut sauce, shredded carrot, cilantro, and sriracha or chili garlic sauce (all optional).
    8. Leftovers will keep in the refrigerator for approximately 3-4 days.
    *Tamarind comes in many forms, including fresh, paste, concentrate, sauce, and more. We have made Pad Thai with mainly paste, sauce, and concentrate, all of which produce varied results. However, the tamarind concentrate linked above produces consistently good results. It’s concentrated, which is why the recipe only calls for a small amount. However, if using more of a “sauce” — which should have a lighter consistency and color — feel free to add more to taste. Tamarind adds a tartness to the sauce, which can be enhanced or mocked with lime juice in a pinch.
    *Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated with brown rice Pad Thai noodles and without optional ingredients or garnishes.
    Nutrition Per Serving (1 of 4 servings)
    • Calories: 461
    • Fat: 15g
    • Saturated fat: 2.7g
    • Polyunsaturated fat: 4.9g
    • Monounsaturated fat: 5.6g
    • Sodium: 525mg
    • Potassium: 282mg
    • Carbohydrates: 69.4g
    • Fiber: 6.8g
    • Sugar: 19.6g
    • Protein: 16.6g
    • Vitamin A: 700IU
    • Vitamin C: 15.7mg
    • Calcium: 260mg
    • Iron: 2.3mg

Bon Appétit
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    AGAIN MY EXPERTISE IN ASIAN COOKING IS NONE TO NIL, NOTTA ,ZIP,ZILCH WELL YOU THE IDEA
    SO HERE IS A VERSION THAT THE MAKERS OF THE RECIPE SAID WAS EASY
    ENJOY
    General GAO'S
    General Tso's Chicken
    • Yield: 4 servings
    • Prep Time: 15 minutes
    • Cook Time: 15 minutes
    • Total Time: 30 minutes
    • Course: Main
    • Cuisine: Chinese
    • Author: Sabrina Snyder
    General Tso's Chicken is a favorite Chinese food takeout choice that is sweet and slightly spicy with a kick from garlic and ginger.

Ingredients
    • 1 pound chicken thighs cut into 1 inch chunks
    • 1/4 cup cornstarch
    • oil for frying
    • 1 tablespoon minced ginger
    • 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
    • 2 cloves garlic minced
    • For the Sauce:
    • 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
    • 3 tablespoons soy sauce
    • 2 teaspoons hoisin sauce
    • 1/4 cup water
    • 3 tablespoons sugar
    • 1 tablespoon cornstarch

Instructions
    1. Toss the chicken thighs with the quarter cup of cornstarch and let sit while you mix the sauce ingredients.
    2. Add the rice vinegar, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, water, sugar and tablespoon of cornstarch in a small bowl and whisk together.
    3. Add the chicken to a pan with the oil and fry until crispy.
    4. Remove chicken from the pan and drain all but a tablespoon of the oil and add the chili flakes, ginger and garlic.
    5. Cook until you smell the garlic (about 30 seconds).
    6. Add in the chicken and toss, then add in the sauce.
    7. Stir for about 30 seconds until thickened.
    8. Serve immediately.

Nutrition Information
    Yield: 4 servings, Amount per serving: 90 calories, Calories: 90g, Carbohydrates: 20g, Protein: 1g, Sodium: 792mg, Potassium: 28mg, Sugar: 9g, Vitamin A: 75g, Vitamin C: 0.5g, Calcium: 5g, Iron: 0.3g

Bon Appétit
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    WHEN I WENT TO THAILAND FOR R&R THIS WAS THE 5 DAY STAPLE THAT I ATE. IT WAS DELICIOUS... NOT SO SKINNY BUT DAMM TASTY. WE ALWAYS HAD IT WITH BEEF WHICH WAS WATER BUFFALO STILL GOOD.

Thai Fried Rice vs Chinese Fried Rice
    Khao phat (pronounced COW-pat), is a classic dish in Thai cuisine whose name literally translates to ‘stir-fried rice’.
    It is different from Chinese fried rice in that it is prepared with jasmine rice rather than regular long grain rice.

Thai Fried Rice
    If you love fried rice, why not try giving it a Thai flair? This Thai fried rice is seasoned with fish sauce and served with a lime wedge and cucumber for a unique twist to what you normally think of when you hear "fried rice".
    Prep Time15 minutes
    Cook Time10 minutes
    Total Time25 minutes

Ingredients

1 Tbsp peanut oil
    3 garlic cloves, minced
    1 red chili, chopped (Serrano or Thai if you like it hot, seeded red jalapeno if you like it mild)
    ¼ lb chicken, shrimp, crab, or pork, chopped into bite sized pieces
    2 c cooked jasmine rice, (at room temperature)
    ½ onion, diced
    ½ red pepper, diced
    2 tsp fish sauce
    2 tsp soy sauce
    1 tomato, sliced thin
    1 egg

To Garnish

1 cucumber, sliced
    1 green onion, chopped
    1 lime, cut into wedges
    1 handful fresh cilantro, chopped
    ¼ tsp ground white pepper, (optional)

Instructions

Heat the peanut oil in a large wok (or very large skillet) over high heat. Add the garlic and chilies and sauté for a few seconds. Add the chicken and sauté until cooked through, 2-3 minutes.
    Add the cooked rice, onion and red pepper, and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
    Add the fish sauce, soy sauce, and sliced tomato. Sauté for 1-2 minutes, mixing well.
    Push all the ingredients in your wok to one side and crack the egg directly into the wok. Scramble it with your spatula and let it cook until it is just starting to set. Toss the egg with the rice mixture until the egg is cooked through.
    Serve the fried rice topped with cucumber slices, chopped green onions, a lime wedge, a sprinkling of fresh cilantro, and a dash of extra white pepper (if desired).

Nutrition Information: Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1/3 of recipe
    Amount Per Serving: Calories: 555<<<< HOLY BAZOOKA

ENJOY
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    I WAS INTRODUCED TO THIS RECIPE BACK IN THE DAY BY A STUDENT OF MINE AND MARCIE'S . THESE GIRL WERE DARN GOOD AT MAKING THIS AND OMG THIS MELTED IN YOUR MOUTH!!!!

Kalbi (Korean Barbequed Beef Short Ribs)
    Level: Easy Total: 4 hr 28 min
    Prep: 20 min Inactive: 4 hr Cook: 8 min
    Yield: 4 to 6 servings as a main course

Ingredients
    5 pounds Korean style beef short ribs*
    1 cup brown sugar, packed
    1 cup soy sauce
    1/2 cup water
    1/4 cup mirin (rice wine)
    1 small onion, peeled and finely grated
    1 small Asian pear, peeled and finely grated
    4 tablespoons minced garlic
    2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
    1/4 teaspoon black pepper
    2 green onions, thinly sliced (optional)

Preparation:

Sprinkle brown sugar over beef and mix well to evenly coat. Let sit at room temperature for 10 minutes while preparing marinade. In a bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients. Transfer beef into a large seal-able freezer bag (you may need 2). Add marinade, press out excess air from bags, and seal. Turn bag over several times to ensure beef is evenly coated. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours but preferably overnight.
    Heat gas or charcoal grill to medium-hot. Drain excess marinade off beef. Grill short ribs, turning once, to desired doneness, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Garnish with thinly sliced green onions, if desired. Serve whole pieces as a main course or cut into smaller pieces, using kitchen shears, for a starter or party nibble.

Note
    Korean-style short ribs can be found at most Asian markets. The cut, also known as "flanken," refers to a strip of beef cut across the bone from the chuck end of the short ribs. Unlike American and European-style short ribs, which include a thick slice of bone-in beef, Korean-style short ribs are cut lengthwise across the rib bones. The result is a thin strip of meat, about 8 to10 inches in length, lined on 1 side with 1/2-inch thick rib bones. The thin slices make for fast cooking on the grill.

ENJOY
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    WELL THERE YOU HAVE IT
    I HOPE YOU TRY THEM OR LEAST ONE OF THEM.
    G
  • tuffgirl19
    tuffgirl19 Posts: 765 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    WELL THERE YOU HAVE IT
    G

Wow Greg!!! Thank you so much, a whole bunch of deliciousness for sure!! Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo is my 13 yr old’s fav- I’m sure this is soooo much better than Newman’s Own sauce 😋 I can’t wait to try it!! And Thai -so excited😊💃🏼😊💃🏼🌟🙌🏻

• Navydaddjtc
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Greg's Week2 goals

TUESDAY 12/10

☑️LOG ALL FOOD
    ☑️GYM 2-3 X'S THIS WEEK ...SWIMMING/WALKING 30- 45 MN SESSIONS
    ☑️SET UP ACCOUNTABILITY PARTNER... @KEVINGOINGHARDERNOW
    ☑️RETURN TO HOME GYM.... PT EXERCISE PRESCRIBE BY PT THERAPIST
    ☑️BOFLEX... INCUMBENT BIKE....
    🚫GET BACK TO WALKING MEGA...... STEPS SO CLOSE BUT NO CIGAR
    ☑️GET BACK TO THE BARIATRICS MEAL PLAN.....

"You can take the dog handler out of the fight, but you can't take the fight out of the dog handler!"
    DOG HANDLERS RULE!!!!!
    GOOD BOY SHADOW WE LIVE
    TO FIGHT ANOTHER DAY
    3fmct9ykihz3.jpg

WED 12/11

☑️LOG ALL FOOD
    ☑️GYM 2-3 X'S THIS WEEK ...SWIMMING/WALKING 30- 45 MN SESSIONS
    ☑️SET UP ACCOUNTABILITY PARTNER... @KEVINGOINGHARDERNOW
    ☑️RETURN TO HOME GYM.... PT EXERCISE PRESCRIBE BY PT THERAPIST
    ☑️BOFLEX... INCUMBENT BIKE....
    🚫GET BACK TO WALKING MEGA STEPS,,,,, CLOSE ONLY COUNTS IN HORSESHOES AND HAND GRENADES
    ☑️GET BACK TO THE BARIATRICS MEAL PLAN.....

"You can take the dog handler out of the fight, but you can't take the fight out of the dog handler!"
    DOG HANDLERS RULE!!!!!
    GOOD BOY SHADOW WE LIVE
    TO FIGHT ANOTHER DAY
    3fmct9ykihz3.jpg

• i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    tuffgirl19 wrote: »
    WELL THERE YOU HAVE IT
    G

Wow Greg!!! Thank you so much, a whole bunch of deliciousness for sure!! Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo is my 13 yr old’s fav- I’m sure this is soooo much better than Newman’s Own sauce 😋 I can’t wait to try it!! And Thai -so excited😊💃🏼😊💃🏼🌟🙌🏻

@Navydaddjtc oh wow--- these are terrific Greg--- I love Korean, Thai, Chinese, Vietnamese foods.... so I will definitely have to try them out. My sons' favorite is General Goa's Chicken!

THANK YOU!
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    66g5t3kerivy.jpeg

I will be there!!
This discussion has been closed.