FITNESS WARRIORS DECEMBER CHAT

Options

Replies

• jcgator2016
    jcgator2016 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Just dropping by getting a dose of your awesome energy and inspiration!

After reading about your surgery, I have to say to @jcgator2016 : My (much) taller half had both knees replaced in 2012, January and April. He became a NEW MAN. It was very difficult - but he did his physio as if some kind of sergeant or goddess (the physiotherapist!) was standing over him every minute of the day. The pain was really intense at first, but as soon as everything healed up, the pain was gone, and has stayed gone. He is out there with the chainsaw, running around like a much younger man, still almost 8 years later. I hope you are going to be as happy as he is, but watch out for the next several months not to get discouraged. You'll get there!

Hey thanks for the info and great advice!
  • shbarbor
    shbarbor Posts: 3,340 Member
    Options
    Greg's Week2 goals
    FRIDAY 12/13

☑️LOG ALL FOOD
    ☑️GYM 2-3 X'S THIS WEEK ...SWIMMING/WALKING 30- 45 MN SESSIONS
    ☑️SET UP ACCOUNTABILITY PARTNER... @KEVINGOINGHARDERNOW
    ☑️RETURN TO HOME GYM.... PT EXERCISE PRESCRIBE BY PT THERAPIST
    ☑️BOFLEX... INCUMBENT BIKE....
    🚫GET BACK TO WALKING MEGA...... STEPS SO CLOSE BUT NO CIGAR
    ☑️GET BACK TO THE BARIATRICS MEAL PLAN.....

WORKED OUT TODAY WITH TWO OTHER RETIREES IN THE POOLS WAS A TON OF FUN AND I AM COMPLETELY WRUNG OUT AFTER 2 PT SESSIONS . NITEY NITE

Way to go Greg and so glad you had some others to exercise with and make it fun. That is the trick!!!
  • shbarbor
    Options
    13 Nov Recap

Logged all Foods
    Calories Under
    Exercise: Pickleball 60 mins, stationary bike 45 mins, weights leg work 30 mins, stretch/foam roll 30 mins
    Calories Burned: 903
    Water: 122 oz

Nice calorie burn and cross training!
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,300 Member
    Options

DAILY GOALS: Friday, 12/13

❌ Logged food
    ❌ Stayed under calories
    ✅ Daily Exercise Goal: Elliptical & Spin Class
    ❌ Maintained IF schedule: Alternating day fasting
    ✅ Water: 223.6 oz.

👣STEPS: 10,181

🗣Comments/Goals: Guests popped over with desserts and apps tonight... unexpected and I indulged and picked here and there...not logged and unknown damage. Holidays are hard as are the weekends... back at it tomorrow.
  • Tami_H
    Tami_H Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    dmyw1y6tu1bj.png

Here are my steps this week for the challenge. Had a few good days but not my best work. Today is my birthday so I took the night off to celebrate with family
  • Tami_H
    Tami_H Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Progress this week:

Starting weight - 195
    Current weight - 190
    Goals - exercised 4 out of 6 days
    Logging - needs improvement
    8 glasses of Water daily - nailed it!

Overall, I am good with this. I have fun weekend plans for my birthday that Hopefully will not derail my progress
  • tuffgirl19
    tuffgirl19 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    SLIMn2016 wrote: »
    tuffgirl19 wrote: »
    9dzcp4mu3ylj.jpeg
    v4ttknbwklst.jpeg

Sandy likes to sit at the island with Jp, my 13 year old, in the am when he’s eating his breakfast and in the afternoons during homework time 🤣😂

OMG😍🥰 I love German Shepherds .... grew up with them as family pets (Stormy and Pepper)... she is a beauty!

Thanks Kai! Sandy is a sweetie😊 I bet Stormy and Pepper were great Shepherds. So loving😊
    Greg's Week2 goals
    FRIDAY 12/13

☑️LOG ALL FOOD
    ☑️GYM 2-3 X'S THIS WEEK ...SWIMMING/WALKING 30- 45 MN SESSIONS
    ☑️SET UP ACCOUNTABILITY PARTNER... @KEVINGOINGHARDERNOW
    ☑️RETURN TO HOME GYM.... PT EXERCISE PRESCRIBE BY PT THERAPIST
    ☑️BOFLEX... INCUMBENT BIKE....
    🚫GET BACK TO WALKING MEGA...... STEPS SO CLOSE BUT NO CIGAR
    ☑️GET BACK TO THE BARIATRICS MEAL PLAN.....

WORKED OUT TODAY WITH TWO OTHER RETIREES IN THE POOLS WAS A TON OF FUN AND I AM COMPLETELY WRUNG OUT AFTER 2 PT SESSIONS . NITEY NITE
    Awesome day Greg! I love water workouts 🧜🏼‍♀️
    13 Nov Recap

Logged all Foods
    Calories Under
    Exercise: Pickleball 60 mins, stationary bike 45 mins, weights leg work 30 mins, stretch/foam roll 30 mins
    Calories Burned: 903
    Water: 122 oz

You’re really burning up the cals Jim!! Great 💦💦 too.
  • tuffgirl19
    Options
    Dec 12 thurs
    Week 2 Goals:
    -25+g fiber daily ✔️ 33g
    -2 fruits daily -only 1, blackberries
    -120+ 💦 daily ✔️
    -Log at least 40 min exercise daily✔️72 min
    -Strength training 5/7 days
    ✔️✔️✔️✔️weights/cardio
    -7500 steps✔️ 7828
  • tuffgirl19
    Options
    Tami_H wrote: »
    Progress this week:

Starting weight - 195
    Current weight - 190

Overall, I am good with this. I have fun weekend plans for my birthday that Hopefully will not derail my progress

Great week Tami! Happy Birthday🥳 I hope you have lots of fun this weekend!
  • Gadgetgirl259
    Gadgetgirl259 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    STEPS FOR FRIDAY 12/13

👣👣 15,839 👣👣

• shbarbor
    Options
    Progress this week:

Starting weight - 195
    Current weight - 190

Progress this week:

Starting weight - 195
    Current weight - 190

Nice job & Happy Birthday!!!!!
    kxf7j4huhgr5.png
  • shbarbor
    Options
    SLIMn2016 wrote: »
    DAILY GOALS: Friday, 12/13

❌ Logged food
    ❌ Stayed under calories
    ✅ Daily Exercise Goal: Elliptical & Spin Class
    ❌ Maintained IF schedule: Alternating day fasting
    ✅ Water: 223.6 oz.

👣STEPS: 10,181

🗣Comments/Goals: Guests popped over with desserts and apps tonight... unexpected and I indulged and picked here and there...not logged and unknown damage. Holidays are hard as are the weekends... back at it tomorrow.

On the bright side....who has such wonderful friends that would stop by with food like that? Nice to have such people in your life :smile:
  • shbarbor
    Options
    @tuffgirl19 Great job on goals!!!
  • shbarbor
    Options
    My daily goals 12/13
    1. Calories < 1500 ✅ 1286
    2. 10,000 steps ❌
    3. 30 min exercise ❌
    4. Log all food ✅

STEPS 12/12 6569

Not my best day exercise wise! Had activities that took the time from me.
  • NikMar
    NikMar Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    I'm off next week on a 2 week cruise to Caribbean and Central America. Very excited, but not sure if I'll be able to weigh in until after new year. Can my CW be logged as the same for rest of Dec? I'll be tracking my steps and will try to update these when I can! Any advice on how not to put on weight when it's wall to wall food, drink and Xmas?
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    @NikMar have an amazing cruise! I try to save my calories for dinner and drinks. When I travel I skip the hot, high cal stuff at breakfast in favour of fruit or oatmeal. At lunch I also try to go for veggies and load up at the salad bar. Then when it’s supper time
    I can order the appetizer and entree and a glass of wine. I only order dessert if it’s something really appealing. I can pass on a lot of nights but something like creme brulee is a favourite when that night comes around.

• Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    GOOD MORNING WARRIORS
    @SLIMn2016 ...STEPS POSTED... SOUNDS LIKE A WONDERFUL EVENING WITH FRIENDS....
    @Tami_H ...STEPS POSTED...WELL YOU KICKED MY BUTT IN THE CHALLENGES.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY 🎆🎇🎆🎇
    @tuffgirl19 ...STEPS POSTED... WELL DONE
    @Gadgetgirl259 ...STEPS POSTED.... OUTSTANDING RESULTS
    @shbarbor .....STEPS POSTED...THAT'S OKAY WE'LL GET AFTER TOMORROW
    @NikMar ....NIKKI I POSTED YOUR WEIGH FOR THE TIME YOUR ON VACATION....HAVE A GREAT TIME AND LET US KNOW HOW YOU DOING AND POST SOME PICTURES DURING YOUR TRAVELS.

• shbarbor
    Options
    NikMar wrote: »
    I'm off next week on a 2 week cruise to Caribbean and Central America. Very excited, but not sure if I'll be able to weigh in until after new year. Can my CW be logged as the same for rest of Dec? I'll be tracking my steps and will try to update these when I can! Any advice on how not to put on weight when it's wall to wall food, drink and Xmas?

I'm with Meg @Megnolia82 on this! My family has done many cruises together. My approach is I get up early & go straight to the gym - I lay out my clothes the night before so they're easy to find in the dark if needed. I get a good hour or so in doing some cardio & some weights. I like trying some of the different brand cardio equipment they may have! Then I eat as lightly & healthily as I can for breakfast & lunch as Meg says. At dinner I enjoy wine, & trying new soups & appetizers along with the meal. We like the seated, waited on dining & their portion sizes are not huge which is nice. I usually even have dessert but don't finish it. I find that we're pretty active sightseeing during the day & it seems to balance out. I don't drink or hit the constant chips/fries/ice cream during the day. With this approach I've never gained on a cruise yet!!

I hope you have a fantastic time! Sounds wonderful!
  • ConfidentRaven
    ConfidentRaven Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    @Tami_H Happy birthday!
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    1. Gratitude journal/Bible Devotional/Insight Timer/Daily positive Affirmations ✅
    2. Watch sodium 🧂 and sugar intake! Stay within my macros. ✅
    3. Nothing after 8 PM ✅
    4. Barre 4 times and 10,000 steps 💃💃💃 ✅
    5. 96 oz 💦 💧 💦 ✅

I am looking forward to Sunday and starting a few new goals for myself! I have to get back to documenting my food intake with MFP diary. 💃👍💃

Going to go play golf 🏌️‍♀️ with a group of my friends and hubby! 🌟🎄🌟

Have an awesome day team!
This discussion has been closed.