2020: One Day At A Time, We Will Achieve!!

Replies

• mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,646 Member
    Pam - I'll say that's a disturbing dream! Wow!

I just checked my hairdresser's web site and my hairdresser isn't listed any more. That's weird and disturbing. Not that I intended to go back in the near future but maybe I no longer have anyone to go back to. She has my email so she could email me if she went somewhere else. She is 65 but has a mortgage and a disabled son to take care of so I can't imagine she retired.
  • mdubbs1
    8lgtzka3kh4o.png
  • Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,830 Member
    Maybe she’s waiting for things to improve before going back to work. With a disabled son, she needs to be careful not to bring the virus home. I had my nails done last Friday. I exchanged phone numbers with the owner, Amy. She does my manicures. If the business doesn’t survive, I asked her to let me know where she ends up. If it was anywhere in Ft. Myers, I’d travel to stay with her.
  • mdubbs1
    Helene610 wrote: »
    Maybe she’s waiting for things to improve before going back to work. With a disabled son, she needs to be careful not to bring the virus home. I had my nails done last Friday. I exchanged phone numbers with the owner, Amy. She does my manicures. If the business doesn’t survive, I asked her to let me know where she ends up. If it was anywhere in Ft. Myers, I’d travel to stay with her.

That could be it. However, none of them are working. That county hasn't opened yet.
  • PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    My hairstylist thought my dream was hilarious. She said several of her clients have been having weird dreams about their hair, but mine was one of the strangest. I told her as long as there were no clippers in her hand we would be ok.
  • KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    Good morning! I'm ready to get this show on the road. Translated, I want to get the rotator cuff surgery out of the way. I'll find out today when it is on tomorrow's schedule. I've been trying to get ready for it plus having things in the house for not only me but for Midnight when it is unpredictable about supplies. This cat should be good for two months.

I've been missing in action but I've been busy and didn't have anything really exciting to share Each day is a "groundhog day." I will say that I got an NS email promoting an auto delivery package for$199. I checked it out to see why it was $199 and you could still select your own foods. It was a 15 day supply. Shipping was free but there was a $10 handling fee.
  • mdubbs1
    Jean -I'll be thinking about you and hoping the surgery goes well! I'm sure Midnight is glad to be well stocked or would be if he could understand. I'm sure our guys have no idea how well stocked they are and how much time/effort/sleepless nights went into planning for every contingency we could think of.
  • mdubbs1
    41rm2t7ror7b.png
  • PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    Jean, I wish you the best of luck on your surgery and recovery. I know you’ve prepared as well as possible for this and I’m sure you will come through it in good shape. Will Midnight be boarded while you’re in the hospital?
  • Helene610
    Jean, will you be staying in the hospital or is this out patient? Who’s driving you there and back? Wishing you good luck with the surgery. If you can use your voice to post instead of typing, let us know that all went well when you’re able.
  • Helene610
    Trump still has not acknowledged that 100,000 people have died from Covid. Maybe he thinks if he doesn’t say it out loud, it didn’t happen. And we all know the count is higher because of those who couldn’t get tested and died at home. His behavior throughout has been disgraceful. He’s probably been using the time to figure a way to spin it so he bears no responsibility.
  • mdubbs1
    Eric Trump Tweets ‘GREAT DAY for the DOW’ As Coronavirus Death Toll Tops 100,000
  • mdubbs1
    Trump still has not acknowledged that 100,000 people have died from Covid. Maybe he thinks if he doesn’t say it out loud, it didn’t happen. And we all know the count is higher because of those who couldn’t get tested and died at home. His behavior throughout has been disgraceful. He’s probably been using the time to figure a way to spin it so he bears no responsibility.

I wonder how much higher it really is. 50% at least? He's been trying a lot of different ideas, including blaming the prior administration for not leaving him a vaccine (for a virus that didn't exist). Staggering to think there are almost 2 million infections (that we know about) in just a few months. Now he's trying to muzzle twitter and any other outlet that fact checks him.

The blood is on his hands and the hands of his sycophants.

And I thought it was bad how he was ignoring climate change. Nah, he had to speed up the process of the world ending.

I'm contributing (modestly) to Biden's campaign as well as to the campaigns of the people running against McConnell and Graham. I think our only hope for the continued existence of the world is ousting the idiot at the top and his cronies. If we're successful I have NO idea now many years it will take to reverse the damage but I do know if we aren't successful our last hope will be gone.
  • mdubbs1
    edited May 2020
    Article about frozen food and freezer sales being up (includes a little about Life Cuisine - new Nestle line which was mentioned on NS boards):

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/28/business/frozen-food-sales-increasing-coronavirus/index.html
  • mdubbs1
    edited May 2020
    I've only been to New York a couple times in my life. Once as a senior in high school for a weekend class trip (we saw Man of La Mancha on Broadway). Once with my boss on a business trip (we took the train; he had accidentally bought "family" tickets and got grilled mercilessly by the conductor as to our "relationship" before the conductor admitted the problem). Once to go to an industry meeting (my clearest memory of that trip is sheer claustrophobia in the city). And once with my sister to Yonkers for Willie's cyberknife radiation treatment.

I deeply regret not finding the courage to go see Hamilton. Luckily everyone will be able to see it this July.

Obviously no one wants to go to New York right now but I think this photo is breathtaking:

v4rvjkoxmthx.png
  • Helene610
    edited May 2020
    I wish Twitter could ban Trump for the sum total of his false information tweets. It would hurt him more than them. He’s so addicted to Twitter that he can’t stop posting even though he’s upset with them. You should see his latest FL political ads. One starts out comparing him to a bull in a china shop. That’s supposed to demonstrate he’s not afraid to go toe to toe with China. It continues that he may not be Mr Nice Guy but he gets things done. He includes what he sees as his accomplishments against Covid.
  • mdubbs1
    I wish Twitter could ban Trump for the sum total of his false information tweets. It would hurt him more than them. He’s so addicted to Twitter that he can’t stop posting even though he’s upset with them. You should see his latest FL political ads. One starts out comparing him to a bull in a china shop. That’s supposed to demonstrate he’s not afraid to go toe to toe with China. It continues that he may not be Mr Nice Guy but he gets things done. He includes what he sees as his accomplishments against Covid.

If twitter would ban him that would be epic!!! I might then open a twitter account. Who knows? LOL! His supporters are so delusional. Or at least they're so rascist and generally bigoted might be a better way to put it. Certainly not "Christian" at all so I continue to be bemused by the "southern evangelical" supporters. In fact, the 180 degree opposite of Christian. I was reading a piece today on how his use of "thugs" is code for the N Word (citing examples that go back awhile). DH's baby brother is a cheeto supporter. I thought it was just small business "no regulation" talking but apparently he's also rascist and homophobic and a bunch of other nasty stuff. But they go to church every week. And people wonder why I'm not a fan of organized religion. BTW DH's late mother would be appalled.

In what state do you two vote? Our (Republican of all things) governor has already mandated vote by mail and it started with the June 2 primary.
  • mdubbs1
    The good news is the cheeto crew won't bother spending much money running ads in Maryland (heh, I take my good news where I can find it).

I just can't work today. I'm working on my non work list of tasks. Making progress, too.
  • mdubbs1
    I am a little puzzled by a couple things I can't find anywhere: pepperidge farm whole wheat rolls, fordhook lima beans, grated fat free cheese. Other than the lima beans technically being in the "frozen" food category, those don't seem to fit any of the categories we all know are problematic.