2020: One Day At A Time, We Will Achieve!!

Replies

• Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,830 Member
    I think losing weight and walking more brought my numbers down. That’s the best number I’ve had in years. And it’s medication free. Several doctors wanted to give me BP meds based on the readings in office. I knew it was just nerves and didn’t have. I know people who have lightheadedness on those meds. Taking them would probably give me low BP. So I’ll keep doing what I’m doing and try to relax at Office visits.
  • mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,646 Member
    Helene610 wrote: »
    Love the cat memes. My favorite of our 3 cats was a tiger. That’s her photo you see in my posts. She was the most independent and feisty of the bunch; a quality I admire.

She's beautiful!
  • mdubbs1
    edited June 2020
    Combining current news footage with a line from Hamilton (from one of King George's songs in the musical):

ne6sgo9fwmo8.png
  • PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    Twitter is having a field day today with Lindsay Graham, or Lady G as he is known in certain circles. Apparently, a number of paid male prostitutes are outing him, in violation of their NDA’s.

I had a wonderful lunch yesterday with 3 of my friends from grad school. We went to a restaurant that specializes in souffles, both savory and sweet. I'm not too fond of the savory ones so I had a large house salad with chicken that was delicious. For dessert I shared a pecan praline soufflé with one of my friends and it was fabulous! Better yet, though, was just being out with friends, enjoying a restaurant meal. I have missed that so, so much. We dined on an air-conditioned, enclosed patio (which seems like a total contradiction in terms to me) and it was interesting to note the ways the restaurant has adapted due to COVID 19. For example, instead of handing us menus, we were instructed to point our phone’s camera at a QR code on a small stand set on the table, which then brought the menu up on our phone’s browsers. When we asked for a wine list, it was brought to us with a pair of disposable gloves so that they would not need to sanitize the menu afterward. Of course, all of the staff were wearing masks and gloves. When we paid our bill we were asked if we were ok with them adding an 18% tip when they ran our credit cards so that they could close the check out without requiring us to sign the slips. This prevented them from needing to sterilize pens after each use. The tables were spaced apart, with curtains separating each one. This was my first dine-in experience since the quarantine and I really felt very comfortable with all of the steps the restaurant had taken.
  • Helene610
    That restaurant sounds like it deserves a repeat visit. How nice that you were able to spend time with friends. It was probably even more precious because you had to go without them for so long. I guess some positives come out of things like quarantine. We have a greater appreciation for simple things.
  • mdubbs1
    PamS53 wrote: »
    Twitter is having a field day today with Lindsay Graham, or Lady G as he is known in certain circles. Apparently, a number of paid male prostitutes are outing him, in violation of their NDA’s.

I've got to find that! He's got a serious competitor in the race this year.
  • mdubbs1
    My favorite CNN commentator picks up the cheeto's latest "press conference" (which was really a speech):

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/05/politics/donald-trump-friday-economy-trump-press-conference/index.html
  • Helene610
    The most upsetting comment he made was George looking down from heaven approving job recovery. Disgusting. And all that job recovery is probably people being called back to jobs they were furloughed from. I’m happy for them but I don’t think Trump deserves credit for people getting their old jobs back.
  • mdubbs1
    Helene610 wrote: »
    The most upsetting comment he made was George looking down from heaven approving job recovery. Disgusting. And all that job recovery is probably people being called back to jobs they were furloughed from. I’m happy for them but I don’t think Trump deserves credit for people getting their old jobs back.

I don't think so either!!!!
  • mdubbs1
    z5szgcv62szs.png
  • mdubbs1
    d6k9jbqz0ajb.png
  • mdubbs1
    eudu1691wex3.png
  • Helene610
    I’ll take the teal one in human size, please. Some people are so creative.
  • mdubbs1
    They look SO comfy don't they?
  • KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    Love the memes. We all need some humor in our lives right now. I just read a travel article on countries reopening and what it means for international travel. Bottom line is that Americans are not welcomed right now for those that opening now. I looked at Australia which was one of the first to implement strict guidelines. Australia has had only 100 deaths which is similar to our state alone.

Last night, I managed quality sleep despite the time being about the same. Quality makes a big difference. I go for the follow up surgical appointment tomorrow with the PA of the surgeon. This, except for sleeping, has not been a bad experience so far. I have no idea what they have in mind for physical therapy. I know I have been faithful in exercising my arm from elbow down.
  • mdubbs1
    6v9rhsd4dzyq.png
  • mdubbs1
    Jean - I hope your followup appointment goes well!
  • mdubbs1
    48qe74257ifi.png

(I actually suspect going back to the office for people who are working at home - as opposed to furloughed - isn't going to happen.)
  • mdubbs1
    bbvgycf3jecr.png
  • mdubbs1
    zc9lg7nxtbql.png