2020: One Day At A Time, We Will Achieve!!

Replies

• mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,646 Member
    Been there, done that, and yet there's always a cat or two willing to "help".

rfl8fotdtufa.png
  • mdubbs1
    hm6c59l2mryy.png
  • mdubbs1
    78aw7njvwgds.png
  • Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,830 Member
    I got a manicure, a facial and a haircut yesterday. I don’t usually do facials but my skin was dry and itchy which meant I was touching my face to scratch it. Now I’m feeling human again. It was 12 weeks between haircuts. With short hair, that’s a long time. I had trimmed the bangs 3 times but resisted cutting any where else.

We had our first dine in meal last night. A friend wanted to take us out for dinner to thank us for helping him with a couple of projects. We went early to a local seafood restaurant. We all had salmon with a brown sugar pecan sauce. Yum. There were only a few tables in use and we were widely spaced apart. Business was picking up as we were leaving. Up til then, we’d stuck with takeout.
  • Helene610
    mdubbs1 wrote: »
    78aw7njvwgds.png
    This looks like a pretty healthy frig. I don’t see any cake or junk food. Kitty probably purged it before hanging the warning photo.

• KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    It is lazy Sunday here. I slept a little better last night but still feel tired. Right now, I'm watching some Amazon Prime which is better than buying. I'm just waiting for the magic words to entice me into buying something not a need. I just have so much stuff here that I don't need to add to it other than the bras I bought on sale yesterday with free shipping.

I'm increasing the time I go without the sling while sitting as it does help with the weight and pull on the neck. I am allowed to do that now while sitting. I accidentally reached for something behind me with my left arm and didn't feel the pain I did before the surgery but there are other movements when I do my home PT exercises that are a little uncomfortable.

Hunger or bored? I've been eating almost non-stop. It doesn't seem as if what one filled me up no longer does. Too many calories in a Lean Cuisine spaghetti? Less than 300 so I eat the whole thing.
  • mdubbs1
    Helene610 wrote: »
    mdubbs1 wrote: »
    78aw7njvwgds.png
    This looks like a pretty healthy frig. I don’t see any cake or junk food. Kitty probably purged it before hanging the warning photo.

I recognize the bag of steamable broccoli/carrots (that whole category has gotten hard to come by!).
  • mdubbs1
    KonaKat wrote: »

I'm increasing the time I go without the sling while sitting as it does help with the weight and pull on the neck. I am allowed to do that now while sitting. I accidentally reached for something behind me with my left arm and didn't feel the pain I did before the surgery but there are other movements when I do my home PT exercises that are a little uncomfortable.

Hunger or bored? I've been eating almost non-stop. It doesn't seem as if what one filled me up no longer does. Too many calories in a Lean Cuisine spaghetti? Less than 300 so I eat the whole thing.

That sounds like progress with the arm!

The lean cuisine spaghetti I had was over 300 calories. It just so happened that day was already a little heavy on calories so I tweaked!!

• Helene610
    Jean, sounds like your recovery is right on track. How many days since you had surgery. That’s a really good sign that you could reach back with your arm and not be in pain.
  • mdubbs1
    Someone asked Lin-Manuel Miranda how he felt about John Bolton using a line from Hamilton as the title of his book. His response was a video of clip of someone saying "not great Bob".
  • PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    lmii17cx0j87.jpeg
  • mdubbs1
    Back in the "before days" I seldom went to the grocery store nearest me. Large chain, just not one of their better stores. Even after they did a major upgrade, I just didn't go, habit I guess.

It's one of the few stores around open 24 hours.

For some reason, though, I have prescriptions there. I stocked up "before" but had two that could be refilled so I decided to call them in.

I went over this morning at 4 a.m.

Boy, talk about a strange experience. Pharmacist behind bullet proof glass (I'm kidding; I'm sure it was plexiglass but reminded me of bank tellers). All employees in masks. TWO, count them TWO, other shoppers. Shelves still with huge empty spaces. I bought DH a bunch of chocolate because he's started getting wary of including it in delivery orders (it gets to be summer early here in Maryland). To no one's great surprise didn't find the couple items I haven't been able to find anywhere.

Deli completely shut down (not that I expected it to be open at 4 am just noted as I walked by that they've discontinued it).

Lot of stocking going on, blocking some aisles. Which since the aisles are all one way now leaves the rule following shopper in a quandary (do I back up?)

All in all, not something I see any reason to do again soon but nice to know it's an option.

And the really good news? My internist, who usually won't refill my cholesterol medication without an annual visit, not only refilled it but added three refills. I wasn't expecting that.
  • mdubbs1
    I lost 1/2 pound last week. For some reason, after 5 1/2 months of being SO good, I've suddenly got cravings again. Anyone who says this isn't like an addiction is, I think, full of it.

58xtmj9r0xzp.png
  • Helene610
    Wow, look at how close to fifty pounds you are. That’s fantastic. My shopping experience is so different than your’s. The island market I shop most still has a functioning deli, bakery and butcher counter. There are very few empty spots on the shelves. Every wears a mask, the aisles are one direction and there haven’t been many other shoppers there during my visits. They have markings on the floor at check out to do social distancing. Usually there is only one shopper ahead of me in line. The second local store has discontinued there deli for now and offers pre-packed selection of the most popular items. That market has a restaurant inside. I don’t go there much so I don’t know if it’s reopened.
  • mdubbs1
    Helene610 wrote: »
    Wow, look at how close to fifty pounds you are. That’s fantastic. My shopping experience is so different than your’s. The island market I shop most still has a functioning deli, bakery and butcher counter. There are very few empty spots on the shelves. Every wears a mask, the aisles are one direction and there haven’t been many other shoppers there during my visits. They have markings on the floor at check out to do social distancing. Usually there is only one shopper ahead of me in line. The second local store has discontinued there deli for now and offers pre-packed selection of the most popular items. That market has a restaurant inside. I don’t go there much so I don’t know if it’s reopened.

My 50-lb bear is chomping at the bit. I'm not sure he's ever been out of the (literal) closet.
  • KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    Maryanne--You are doing a fabulous job. I haven't been in a large supermarket since March. I've been doing curbside pickup at Walmart, which does a great job on selecting fruit. I've been to my pharmacy which has a sign posted that only 11 are permitted inside. All the employees wear masks and most of the customers.

I've been doing my at home exercises and may have overdone it as I had pain yesterday evening. I go to my regular pt appointment today and I have to call the cardiologist office to set up my six month appointment. I'm hungry all the time, which I contribute to boredom. I have gained 5 pounds.
  • PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    Maryanne, you’ve done so well! I’m happy for your success.

Jean, I’m glad you’re recovery is progressing so well. It’s so easy to accidentally overdo when you’ve been doing well, so be careful.

I was frustrated yesterday. I had a telemedicine appointment scheduled yesterday that never happened. I made a point of keeping my phone by my side during the window I was given, but even 45 minutes later there was no call. I finally called the office to inquire and had to leave a message. Shortly afterward I received a text message asking me to call the office to reschedule my NO SHOW appointment. They claimed that they made 3 attempts and the calls all went straight to voicemail. They also claimed they had left messages. My phone showed no missed calls and no voicemails. They clearly had my correct phone number since I was receiving text messages from them. I rescheduled for later today, and this morning I received a reminder text about it. Now they are saying there was a cell phone outage yesterday, but this is the first I’ve heard about that. Usually I see mention of outages on some of the local social media platforms, so I’m a little suspicious. Hopefully we will connect later today. This appointment is with my endocrinologist, who orders my Prolia injections for my osteoporosis. My injection is due this month.
  • mdubbs1
    Pam - that sounds like a total pain. I have a feeling there's going to be even MORE hurry up and wait with doctors for the foreseeable future.
  • mdubbs1
    z05hchzgddvr.png
  • Helene610
    Jean, I wonder if your hunger can be coming from any of the medications you’re taking. Eating out of boredom isn’t influenced by hunger. I’ve certainly eaten out of boredom myself. If you feel actual hunger pangs, something else is causing it. If that’s what’s happening, at least it will pass when you finish the medication.

Pam, that’s so frustrating about your appointment. And then to blame you as a no show is outrageous. I hope the next appointment goes smoother.

We start our drive home tomorrow. I’m not looking forward to it. It’s a long, tiring trip. We drive to Jacksonville tomorrow and to SC on Thursday. We’ll spend several days visiting with my brother. We’ll restart the drive next week and plan to be back home by June 25th.