2020: One Day At A Time, We Will Achieve!!

Replies

• PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    I did successfully complete the appointment today. There were still issues in connecting, but we eventually made it happen. Now to schedule the Prolia injection at the infusion center. I wonder what safety measures they will require?

I forgot to mention something we enjoyed Sunday night. Someone in our small neighborhood arranged for a couple of food trucks to come. One made personal size pizzas and the other was an ice cream truck. Everyone brought their own drinks and chairs. It was so nice to see people again and be able to talk. No one was wearing a mask and I’ll admit that our efforts at social distancing were only moderately successful. Hopefully the breeze was blowing any droplets away. There was an excellent turnout, both from our neighborhood and friends and family of people in the neighborhood. The trucks were here for about 3 hours. It was surprisingly affordable, as well. My pizza was $8 and I saved half of it for another meal. My ice cream cone with sprinkles was $2.50. There were a few other options that were slightly more, but I doubt anyone spent more than $10-12 per person for dinner and dessert. It was a lot of fun!
  • Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,830 Member
    That sounds like a lot of fun. How lovely to see your friends after so long apart.
  • mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,646 Member
    I've got to get busy and make some catch-up doctor appointments. We're doing relatively well in Maryland right now so I'm thinking this may be the time to get a few things done. I feel we're sort of in a situation like the eye of a hurricane - certainly not safe but maybe as good as it's going to get for at least a year. I have two cat appointments due this summer and have both of those scheduled. Now it's probably time to schedule me. Just so daggone busy at work.

I'm really, really tired. Thank goodness for the cats who give me a reason to fight on. I try to keep reminding myself we have it so much better than many of our countrymen.
  • mdubbs1
    Washington Post: ‘Of course not’: Fauci says he personally wouldn’t attend Trump’s Tulsa rally, citing coronavirus

Why does it feel like the voices of reason are shouting in the wilderness?

• KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    Pam--I read about your cell phone issues. I don't know who is your provider but T-Mobile had a massive outage yesterday.

Helene--I think my eating out of boredom or whatever is because something is not satisfying me. I feel full but not satisfied.

Maryanne--If things are improving in your area, it might be a good time to get some things done. "Eye of a hurricane" is a good way to describe the situation we are in.

• PamS53
    My phone carrier is T-Mobile. I also read about their issues yesterday, right after I posted about my issues.

Jean, do you have any idea what it is you need to satisfy your craving? Sometimes I think when a craving persists, it’s better to give in, within reason, and satisfy it so that you can get back to healthier eating. Otherwise, it just stays on your mind and you keep trying to fulfill the craving with substitutes that don’t hit the mark.
  • mdubbs1
    edited June 2020
    qp6hqlxupw26.png
  • mdubbs1
    From Reader's Digest:

Just saw a guy walking down the street eating a gallon of ice cream right out of the container. I hired him as my life coach.

My husband just bought ice cream with raisins. So, that was a fun marriage.

I'm going to start eating clean. How do you wash ice cream?
  • mdubbs1
    q1fscpm2ynf7.png
  • mdubbs1
    The husband where my husband ran the lab for decades has been turned into a post COVID rehab center.

www.baltimoresun.com/coronavirus/bs-md-coronavirus-rehab-20200618-n2ft3tiukffkjb3j35ue73pufa-story.html

If this kind of thing doesn't disabuse folks of taking risks I don't know what will.
  • Helene610
    We’re in Jacksonville at the hotel. We got a later than planned start on the drive so it was very late when we arrived. I was expecting they’d have a brown bag breakfast so I asked when we checked in. They are still doing a normal breakfast but scaled down. It didn’t make any difference since we were too tired to get up for it. I had brought food with me since I wasn’t sure what they’d do for breakfast. I filled our travel mugs with coffee and we had breakfast burritos in our room.
  • Helene610
    I forgot to say the hotel is definitely social distancing. They had removed most of the tables and chairs in the breakfast room. The desk clerk told me they only let 3 people at a time in the breakfast area. At peak times, people must really back up waiting. Maybe they serve themselves and bring the food back to their rooms? I won’t know since I slept through breakfast.
  • mdubbs1
    Helene - sounds like you're off to a good start on the journey! Best of luck the rest of the way.
  • mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 wrote: »
    The husband where my husband ran the lab for decades has been turned into a post COVID rehab center.

www.baltimoresun.com/coronavirus/bs-md-coronavirus-rehab-20200618-n2ft3tiukffkjb3j35ue73pufa-story.html

If this kind of thing doesn't disabuse folks of taking risks I don't know what will.

Not sure why that link isn't clickable:

https://www.baltimoresun.com/coronavirus/bs-md-coronavirus-rehab-20200618-n2ft3tiukffkjb3j35ue73pufa-story.html
  • mdubbs1
    8nfscrx8272p.png
  • PamS53
    Maryanne, I wish I had a sign like that on my front porch. I had my first solicitor this week since quarantine began. My city had banned it for awhile, but recently lifted the restrictions. The city requires door to door solicitors to get a permit first and they are given a list of people who have registered to be on a Do Not Solicit list. I’ve signed up for the list, but have been told that most solicitors ignore it, which seems to be the case. I was just thinking earlier this week how nice it has been to not have strangers knocking on my door to sell me stuff I don’t need.
  • mdubbs1
    Pam - here we can post "no solicitation" signs. Supposedly they are to be obeyed. In practice, not always. We've never opened our door to strangers but there's no way I'd do it now even if I'd done so in the past. My late mother used to complain about unwanted phone calls. I told her "Mom, they can call, but you can choose not to answer". I feel the same way about anyone at the door. They can knock but I can ignore. And I do. (Here it's mostly folks with Bibles and I REALLY don't want to talk to them.)

What really frosts me is people who knock, get no answer, and then walk across the porch and peer in a window. I mean REALLY??? Who raised you? I have no problem ignoring such rudeness. LOL!

I also got frosted by whoever from Amazon does Sunday evening deliveries here. They knock SO loudly on the door (just to let us know they left a package) it scares the cats and a couple times they knocked so loudly on a front window that they rattled the glass. I now avoid Sunday deliveries and I've tried to train DH to do the same (with a modicum of success).
  • mdubbs1
    DH is trying to get his cholesterol down "naturally" (if by naturally you mean all kinds of weird supplements). He decided he wanted to eat oatmeal so I gave him some of my Quaker packets. Then I had to show him how to make it. Put in a bowl, add up to half a cup of boiling water, stir, add raisins and/or skim milk if desired. "How do you get half a cup of boiling water?" I kid you not.... we had a lesson on boiling water.
  • KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    Yesterday, I tackled papers and shredded them, ending up with a 13 gal trash bag filled with confetti. Today, I started another bag but had to go to physical therapy. After 45 minutes of it, I had no desire to do anything for the rest of the day.
  • mdubbs1
    Jean - other than wiping you out (which I remember all too well), how's PT going?