Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Options

Replies

• conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Alex those dishes are gorgeous….all so well plated and pristine….you really are an amazing chef!
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    Alex those dishes are gorgeous….all so well plated and pristine….you really are an amazing chef!

We eat with our eyes first. I like making it look good and then taste as good as it looks.
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,999 Member
    Options
    Popcorn and low fat ice cream for dinner. I know. I know! It was within calories but not the best choices. Still that’s what I wanted.
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,744 Member
    Options
    I love it, Yooly.

I had a bunch of veggies and scrambled eggs but I just can't get my head around eggs these days even though they are such a quick & easy protein. I was just this side of gagging and that doesn't help inspire a healthy dinner 😁
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    We had burge, tiny n potatoes , and mixed vegetables….the burgers were kind of blah….I ate them anyway to fill me up!
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Burgers not burge lol
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,947 Member
    Options
    Thought I had written about finding something instead of eggs for Laurie and about having soup and salad and a very low activity day! But I don't see the post anywhere 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I think the furry ones stole that post, PAV.

What kind of soup?

Perhaps subconsciously I just want to keep eating the fake sausages??? lol
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Salad with pear and Walden Farms 0 calorie dressing. Also 6 small Bibigo steam dumplings from Costco - 250 calories. So far so good. Unfortunately I’m having a bad case of the munchies today and hope it doesn’t all fall apart before bed time. I’m not sure what’s causing the munchies but I’m feeling some anxiety (?) boredom (?) that I can’t seem to identify. Something in the back of my mind thinks food will solve the mystery issue. Playing head games is exhausting 🥺
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Great dinner!….baked ham, sweet potatoes,fresh asparagus, and a salad….
  • PAV8888
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Connie stuck burgers in my head. But I was evil to them!!!!😹 Made a humongous salad: wilted lettuce (balsamic, some salt, a naked paw squishing the fresh lettuce, some black pepper, leave it for a bit to rest), tomatoes, onions, radishes, sour picked onions, dill pickles, boiled eggs
    ...was the salad. Then I grilled two blue Menu Angus burgers (170 Cal each) with 15g gouda and a touch of sriracha on the grilling pan, cause Connie made me??!🤔😘🤣. The 🤯 crime and evil dead? Chopped up the burgers and put them in my salad!!!😉

Dad is still upset at the sacrilege "more of the weird 💩 you eat"!😉
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Good going PAV! 👍. The big salad 🥗 topped with protein is my go-to almost every evening. That’s if I’m not doing the popcorn with a low fat ice cream chaser.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,284 Member
    Options
    Tonight I'll be making Branzino fillets, a baked sweet potato, and some green beans. Simple and easy

Breakfast this week is mini bagels with chive cream cheese and hardboiled eggs
    Lunch will be turkey or chicken sandwiches with laughing cow cheese and vegetables plus fruit on the side
    And other dinners will include:
    Burgers with air fryer fries and roasted zucchini
    Yellow curry with chicken, potatoes, carrots, and onions on rice
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    "Inspired" by your approach. Moderation, not deprivation.
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Large shrimp cocktails, green beans, and baked potatoes with cottage cheese on top!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I think I'd like to have the same, Connie (let the pup have the shrimp though :) )
  • PAV8888
    Options
    That lamb and pasta was probably a better deal then the mussel pasta I made! And home made? Mmmmm!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    The absolute best foods touch together and mix eggs into alternative products such as artificially sweetened broccoli brownies covered with sriracha! 🙀🙀🙀

😹😹😹🤣🤣🤣 I am just enjoying the fact that Connie cannot press the disagree button no matter what food combos I suggest👍
  • Yoolypr
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Guess we’ll have to explain ourselves when we disagree.