Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Options

Replies

• AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    I'm working on precooking. Last night I put a pork shoulder in the crock pot with onion and lots of black pepper and a bottle of crisp hard cider. and I will pick that and pull that today. I also made a quichecake with bacon and spinach and mushrooms for Boyfriend's breakfasts. I also need to broil a steak for quichecake use (I do one that is steak, mushrooms, and grilled onions) and slice up and marinade another one for Beef Stroganoff tomorrow. And I need to do the other pork butt with seasoning for al pastor street tacos.
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,999 Member
    Options
    Oh to have meals at Alexandra’s home! Wow 😮
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,744 Member
    Options
    Artificially sweetened broccoli brownies with sriracha!? Recipe please
    802f3hpfkxwz.jpg
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Or - even - to have Alexandra describe my dinner to me! I think it would sound so much better in her voice.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Feeling kind of peckish today. Didn’t sleep well. It’s rainy, cold and I’m achy. I have no idea what’s the matter - couldn’t even get my butt to the gym.
    So today it’s canned soup and a piece of dry toast. I’ll work on some protein later.
    Hope to feel feistier tomorrow.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    We are having chicken tenders,scalloped potatoes, fresh green beans, and salad!
    Options
    Tonight is tacos, hard shell for Boyfriend and I, soft shell for Girlfriend. Nice and simple, though we are out of pico de gallo so I need to make some before dinner. 2 Roma tomatoes, one small onion, 1 jalapeno pepper, a teaspoon of cilantro, lime juice enough to moisten. Chop the veggies, and mix in the rest. That makes about two cups which is a week's supply for my household.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,947 Member
    Options
    Two tomatoes and an onion... would NOT be a week's supply for ME! :lol: I am not sure it would be a DAY's!!!!

So far my day... no comment (lean cuisine almost inedible thingy pretending to be chicken and traces of veggies with lots of cheap pasta and 33g of icy square chocolate type thingies--I used to like icy squares: not so sure anymore!) BUT... the plans improve!

Yesterday I coated two pork tenderloins with a mixture of paprika, mustard powder, brown sugar (14g in TOTAL), mushroom Knorr (salt basically), and pepper... 1g spray of canola oil... oven at 425F for 30 minutes ... and I still have the second one available for eating today!

The question is: potatoes and broccoli-slaw stir fried like yesterday... or something different today?!?!
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Why do we not have a disagree thingy anymore?…..

I have to say our dinner was so good this evening…..I mixed 4 tsp. of flour,a dash of dried thyme,pepper,salt,smoked paprika,chili powder, and parsley all together….coated 10 ounces of chicken tenders and fried in 4 tsp. of olive oil….it was crispy good!….I used boxed Betty Crocker potatoes but only used 1/2 cup of low fat milk, a little extra water and no butter which we didn’t miss at all …..an entire cup had 250 calories….the green beans were really good, too….for dessert John and I shared a large hot cross bun at 250 calories each but was well worth it….fresh and yeasty!
    Options
    PAV, whatcha gonna do, sit there and eat it with a spoon, lol? (giggles)

Tomorrow I have to go out and get a can of chipotles in adobo so I can puree it and introduce it to a pork butt roast to make pork al pastor for wraps, enchiladas, and street tacos.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    PAV, whatcha gonna do, sit there and eat it with a spoon, lol? (giggles)

(hangs head) has happened you know... :wink:
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    You should see the containers of pico de Gallo and salsas sold here in Texas. Gallon jugs are not uncommon especially for parties, holidays, tailgating and Super Bowl. The usual store shelf size is at least 16 ounces. Two cups might cover one family meal. It’s a vegetable course! On breakfast eggs, chilaquiles, tacos, tamales - even pizza.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Potato broccoli stir fry sounds good! With a topping of pico de gallo?
  • Yoolypr
    edited March 2022
    Options
    It’s cold today. Probably one of the last cold days this spring- so we’re going to the local Thai restaurant for a big bowl of pho. I usually get the vegetarian tofu bowl. Not because I’m vegetarian but it’s so much lower calorie than the meat versions. I’d love the beef bowl but my calorie limits are so low there’s nothing left for the rest of the day. The veggie tofu is pretty tasty too. 👅
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Nothing wrong with veg! As long as they don't increase the calories beyond meat 😉 (or beyond the leaner versions I would choose)

For a person who often mentions minimizing fat etc, it still represents my second source of calories well ahead of protein. Of course I do get enough protein. But it's not like I don't get a good 30%+ of my calories from fat with a saturated fat intake way above where it should be! 💩
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Not sure what dinner will be….we went out for lunch and I only have about 500 calories left today….the weather turned chilly and I can’t swim for extra food lol….maybe a Lean Cusine or a salad….
  • MelissaAY1017
    MelissaAY1017 Posts: 39 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Oh, how I wish the middle of nowhere had a Thai restaurant! Most times, I love being somewhere where there are more cows than people. However, when I start wanting something like Thai or Indian... It's a solid 40+ minute drive. I'll be living vicariously through you!