Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Options

Replies

• Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 3,006 Member
    Options
    There’s a concoction called yogurt fluff. About three cups yogurt to one small packet sugar free pudding. Layer with fruit. The cheesecake pudding one is tasty as is pistachio. I’ve seen one recipe online that incorporates pumpkin purée with pie spices.
    I haven’t made it in a while but need to have a fallback snack in the fridge to avoid trolling the pantry.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,952 Member
    Options
    Hmm pumpkin would make it very filling and fibre!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/276876/pumpkin-yogurt-fluff/
    There’s all kinds of permutations. Chocolate with peanut butter, cheesecake. Calories vary by type of yogurt and add ins. I’ve seen recipes using cottage cheese with the pudding mix too but don’t care for the texture and saltiness.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Athijade wrote: »
    Yesterday was leftover Korean "beef" rice bowls, only I used ground chicken. I also don't use gochujang cause it is soy bean based AND I didn't have sriracha. So I topped it with kim chi instead. I like kim chi better anyway so nothing was lost.

Today has been stressful but luckily I have a super easy dinner planned. Hamburger Helper (well Aldi's version) and roasted zucchini. I have been craving it for a few weeks now so decided to give in. Comfort food. I will eat this tonight and tomorrow.

Then Friday is my birthday so I am ordering in an Indian feast!

Have a great birthday!
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,744 Member
    Options
    Not sure what supper will be - but I just had a goodsized bowl of frozen green beans - with maybe 1/2 "pat" of butter and a sprinkling of chipotle spice. Wow. I'm kinda in heaven! Can't believe how delicious that was and how relatively low calorie and healthy.

When I'm not busy binging - I have such a healthy diet! That I enjoy...
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    I am making myself enchiladas….only about 500 calories for two huge ones with fat free refried beans and cheese but a ton of sodium!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Funny thing about green beans... I have a friend whose dog was overweight. The vet told her to substitute a portion of the doggie food with green beans as filler food. I’ve taken to tossing in green beans - canned or frozen- into all kinds of recipes even salads. Not many calories and fills you up. 👍. Works for me!
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Green beans in salad, I could do…..I saw turnips today….I haven’t eaten a turnip in 50 years!
  • PAV8888
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Pumpkin works on doggie diets too! and did I mention how smooth soups that have pumpkin in them can be?
  • PAV8888
    Options
    kept the yogurt simple today... just 200g fresh cut up ambrosia apple and 530g plain 0% greek and... two liquid sucralose drops which I probably didn't really need! :wink:
  • PAV8888
    Options
    0% Greek (sometimes 2% depending on avaialability of my favourite brand - I usually go for the PC because it has a bit more protein)

Thank you Laurie!

So StupidStore was out of 0% Oikos. And liberte was not on sale. And I noticed PC Greek 0% on sale at $5.49 I think for 908g (weird size, right?). Comes to $6.05 per kg which is less than the Liberté 0% 1kg by a good $1.5 or more!

So remembering that you said you liked it... I went for it. AND IT IS GOOD! Not like the crap walmart housebrand. This is actually both thick and tasty! Woot Woot!

Happy hamsters with the apples and the sucralose drops :wink:
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    It is thick for sure! Couldn't help but notice the quantity you have in your yogurt dish - maybe I should up my yogurt? If I am "full" surely to all the hamsters out there I will be less likely to eat nonsense.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    I don't disagree in that I tend to definitely do quantity whenever I can, especially in a deficit for 🐹 management

But also don't forget that given activity I play with longer term maintenance averages in the 2850 - 2950 range.

Yesterday I almost went for the full tub and only at the last minute recalled that it was a 908g not 750g one and decided to use a bowl 🤷🏻‍♂️

Which did prove sufficient in combination with the ambrosia apple which for me always tends to be relatively filling
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    I have boneless and skinless chicken breasts in the slow cooker….I am going to shred one and add some sugar free bbq sauce to it….the other one will be a crust less chicken pot pie and chicken salad….with the bbq chicken will be sweet potatoes and a salad….
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Are these Costco sized or tiny? How come just two? Pot pie no crust hmmm .... will have to do a lookup! 🤔
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Are these Costco sized or tiny? How come just two? Pot pie no crust hmmm .... will have to do a lookup! 🤔

Costco size what?….I weigh the sweet potato…..two breasts because they are big…..pot pie with no crust is diced chicken, mixed frozen vegetables, chicken broth mixed with jar gravy and 1/2 cup of Simply Mashed potatoes spread on top in cute little individual casserole dishes!….it’s delicious!
  • PAV8888
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Hmm... now you're making me want to make the cute little pot pies / chicken shepherd pies :wink:

Costco sized chicken breasts... these guys are like two times the size of anyone else's!!!! And given that boneless skinless (brining solution filled) chicken breast are like 1.08 Cal a gram I was surprised that you went for just two! :smiley:

But as you said... Costco sized!
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    PAV I have never been inside of a Costco!….or Sams, or BJs warehouse!…..two breast usually make three meals for each of us…..I cook the breasts and then weigh 6 zip lock bags with equal amounts of chicken….2 for bbq, 2 for casserole, 2 for chicken salad….I do not know and probably don’t want to know why chickens are so large…when I was growing up, my gramma had the tiniest chickens I ever saw and they were normal sized!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    err.... sure Connie. I am not questioning HOW chickens got the size they are at today... I am not sure I want to know either.

I tend to consider each chicken as heaving two breasts... and I would be hard pressed to make much more than one and a half, MAX two meals out of one. So looking at turning it into three meals boggles my little hamsters! :blush:
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Okay. I did it again. Very cold day. Lots of walking. Until late afternoon just a small spring green and balsamic salad with a spoon of hummus. Supper has continued since about 7 - with a little break for a movie. I did just log it all - and according to fitbit/MFP I am still a few hundred under maintenance calories today when I included my steps.

That really thrills me.

It isn't what I wanted - but it kinda tells me that maybe my appetite and my body needs are actually a bit in synch?

So - this wasn't a binge, though it felt like it. It I stop now, and just finish my tea with another hour of work, I WIN.