Daily Chats and Encouragements

Replies

• Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,588 Member
    sjfdvuq4s1yb.jpg
  • Restfinder
    Restfinder Posts: 2,554 Member
    Yep, I agree! Well, giving them Jesus is the greatest gift, but that includes unconditional love and kindness!

Still coughing, but not as much. My breathing is doing fine, just coughing hard. My local urgent care is closed for Christmas and I had to leave a message at my doctor's office which means I probably won't hear from them until after Christmas, and Lord willing, my cough will be over by then! In my research I found that after pneumonia people can get bronchitis. I'm not sure I've ever had that so I don't know what it feels like, but I'm pretty sure now that what I do have is more than my lungs trying to clear out the gunk! Ewww!

Have a wonderful weekend y'all, and a very blessed and happy Christmas. I'll probably be back on before Christmas, but just in case, I'll leave my prayers and wishes now!

iembcyngcuv4.jpg
  • Marilynsretired
    oij2z3172qpm.jpg
  • bren5535
    bren5535 Posts: 875 Member
    Love and prayers and Christmas blessings to all of you...prayers for your two church lady friends as well, Kim...God is aware of each name, each heart and each need.

My friend Laura ,is bringing me Christmas goodies and that will be a blessing...She will stop by tomorrow sometime.

I'm still getting up for the day around 2:45-3:00 AM....and tho I can do some chores...I try to be quiet, keeping in mind that my neighbors are "hearing" folks even when I am not. There's a lot I can do quietly....

Have a lovely weekend at your spots....I ate some kale for you today, Kim....
    v9urmddvyf5e.jpg
  • Marilynsretired
    4dwejvmpjgxc.jpg
  • kzrkzr
    kzrkzr Posts: 83 Member
    Well...I got the flu for christmas....so sick that I could not get of the bed for two days..no food...just pain that was soooo bad!!!! I'm finally able to walk.. I made me some HCQ which is grapefruit, lemon and orange boiled for 2 hours and then I cool it and put into mason jars...homemade natural antibiotic that has helped me so much...I put onion on both of my feet and covered with sock...it draws bacteria out of body..and actually broke my fever and helped my cough get a lot better....I should say my hubby did all this for me...i told him what to do and he did it so well...i dont know what i would have done without him...still feeling extremely fatigued...but thank God he brought me through. prayers for my boys please...they have it now..and are working at their jobs through the pain...I had it the worst...I could not even move...amazing how fast something can come on you ...one minute your fine...and the next day in the bed not able to move.
    Merry Christmas
  • Marilynsretired
    yh0bj8m8xdwj.jpg
  • bren5535
    Missy, I am so very sorry this hobbled you! Yes it does come on just that quickly, even when you've been so careful. It's been several years since I was so sick and am thankful my exposure to others is so limited now that I'm retired. There are so many bad things going on out there! God is gracious and merciful and I'm glad your hubby was able to help you thru this trial by fire. Rest, recuperate and be restored in Jesus.

Yesterday, I pushed myself to get my chores done, no nap, and by 4, the pain was so intense I was hunched over, legs numb, very wobbly and near tears. I got to bed right after dinner, once my friend had brought her gifts by...and it felt so good to stretch out. It's getting up and moving that is tortuous....but of took care of me as well...I am so thankful. I have more to do today but can pace myself...

Laura brought me Mexican food for my dinner....tamales, Spanish rice, HM Queso, and a NSA pumpkin pie and SF Cool Whip, 2 small bags of SF candy....as well as assorted little gifts in the box...I will split things into meals today. I was in way too much pain last night so shoved and piled things in the fridge after dinner.rj446jxdtiut.jpg

Prayers for us all in this new day. God bless us best where the need is greatest.
  • Marilynsretired
    esm6rcxhtlek.jpg
  • kzrkzr
    kzrkzr Posts: 83 Member
    I had a little bit of energy yesterday...but BOOM...back in bed most of day and body aches so bad...
    This bug is a destroyer...ugh...but I'm hitting it with all natural bombs that I can
    prayers and hugs
  • Marilynsretired
    h4aiaxbs377p.jpg
  • Restfinder
    So blessed by your posts!

Missy, praying for you and your family. Yeah hubby, so blessed to have him care for you!

I don't think we have the flu, I don't have any body aches and only had a very slight temp rise for one day. It's the head congestion and the coughing and fatigue that have hit me. Wade has been coughing for several days but had a fever this morning and is feeling very tired. He's good about resting when he doesn't feel good. I think I got whatever ugly coughing thing is going around. Finish with pneumonia and then get this - God has been by strong tower through it all! :)

Bren, how special that Laura brought you those things! You are always in my prayers, sweet sister!

We will try to celebrate Christmas with the body for New Year's Eve. Quite a few in the Church are sick with whatever is going around so we have been Zooming our services but hope we are well enough to get together in a few days. The 30th will be my 14th day of this, and if it's supposed to last about two weeks, then I should be out of the woods - Lord willing!

Love y'all.

• Marilynsretired
    21y08dejmv8s.jpg
  • Restfinder
    Phew, that's tough to do! LOL! It's like the famous Yoda statement: There is no try, there is just do! (or something like that) LOL!

Doing better today. Thank you for your prayers. Feeling well enough to take care of Wade. Love y'all.
  • Marilynsretired
    ldk9pr4a4nj4.jpg
  • Restfinder
    Missy, I hope you are doing better. Y'all are in my prayers. I'm slowing coming out of it. My coughs are in shorter bursts and I'm not blowing my nose every few minutes, but still quite congested. Thanks again for your prayers.
  • bren5535
    Continued prayers for all of you....I just saw a news blurb where 8 more in NC have died due to the flu! Yikes....please be very careful with yourselves. Prayers for healing, comfort and provision in the days ahead.

It's bright and sunny here today but only 28 right now. I'm so glad I don't have to be out in the cold. It's a comfy 73 in here.

I found a yummy looking recipe yesterday....I don't have collards but do have kale and Laura put a bag of black eyed peas in my gift box.... this looks wonderful to me!k8zg581mbatb.jpg
  • Marilynsretired
    cg8vi8ivlfni.jpg
  • Restfinder
    Amen! Marilyn.

Bren, can't say I'd eat it, but it sure looks healthy! LOL!

Wade is making me a quesadilla using my sweet potato wrap. Yum. Feeling a wee bit better today than yesterday. God is so very good!
  • Marilynsretired
    8w4uwtb4p9om.jpg