• Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,588 Member
    giu9oav4o7wr.jpg
  • Marilynsretired
    gud3mizlh8vs.jpg
  • Restfinder
    Restfinder Posts: 2,554 Member
    Turkeys have been really cheap here, under $1.00 a pound. For a while we had four or five in the freezer because we heard they were going to go up in price quite a bit, but that never happened. We just cooked one this morning and are going to have some turkey/rice soup for dinner. I had some turkey and peas for lunch.

Y'all are in my thoughts and prayers. Love you
  • Restfinder
    Going to go to the doctor in the morning. Coughing quite a bit this morning. Whenever I take a deep breath (which is actually easier right now) I end up coughing. I did a home Covid test and it was negative! Yeah! :) My leg is still hurting so I'm using my cane. It's mostly bad when I get up from sitting or lying down. After I walk a little bit it does better - but then again, I sometimes find myself across the room without my cane and it pops and it's painful and rickety to get back to my cane! Sigh!

I love y'all.
  • Marilynsretired
    wcbblzyr7sh9.jpg
  • bren5535
    bren5535 Posts: 875 Member
    edited November 2023
    Prayers for you Kim. The last few rounds of trouble have lasted way too long! Hope you get some relief and direction...
    I hear you on the cane thing! I use mine every day...and when I do amble off without it, I use my furniture, walls etc. for some stability. I just got the trash out again...and that's a big chore for me as I have to drive around to the dumpster. It's been several years since I was able to walk it back there. I need to work in the kitchen today, vacuum/dust, clean the bathroom and do up more salads. I had laundry picked up just now...almost missed it as I had not checked messages and I had to call them. She first said I missed the cut off time but sent someone for it. I am so thankful. I needed it done last week but being Thanksgiving, they were not running the service.

Today's stats: getting stabilized finally from my week of over indulgence...whew! I got myself in a whole lotta trouble!
    126/74 60

Continued prayers for all of us in the days ahead. Love you all...
  • Marilynsretired
    pyqw35y3z4ht.jpg
  • bren5535
    Yellow baby came in this morning and did a tour. Then Big Beefy Bully came in while I had the door open trying to get him back out...at least Big Bully let me scoot him out without falling this time. Whew....Little Bit wouldn't go out while I was at the door so I propped it with a water bottle so he could slip away.

I've been having the off sleep patterns again after a week of almost normal...I know there's hope for me yet!
    I have meds to pick up this morning and an order from HEB. I managed to get trash out yesterday so left my cart in the car. Ready to roll...
  • Restfinder
    Wow, sounds like you have a full plate of things to do, Bren. Oh my, kitties in the house! Adds to the vacuuming!

Dr's visit didn't really result in answers, but I didn't think it would. I am on another round of antibiotics and she put me on an inhaler for inflammation. My coughing this morning is coming from deeper in my chest so I am hoping that that means things are working! I think it will take a few days before I actually start to feel better! I go back in 10 days. If things aren't better she will refer me to a pulmonologist - but I don't think it will come to that! God is so very good. I pray I will glorify and honor Him as I go through this and learn or grow or share Him, whatever His purpose for this is.

Love y'all and am praying for you.

• Marilynsretired
    o5lvi5xnujh6.jpg
  • bren5535
    Good morning ladies and welcome to December! My how quickly our days pass by.

Kim, I pray you feel much better very soon. I remember my Care Kit tips back in the SP days! Having a basket handy for the times we fall ill...as it happens that way so often! In my Kit, I'd want Kleenex and tea, lemon and honey, chicken noodle soup with lots of broth...my Kindle, fully charged, a warm fuzzy blanket and a Teddy bear to hug.

I was up for about 5 hours last night...so slept in until 8:00....too late to feed my cats as I do that before the office opens. Tho they have cameras, know I do it...I don't want to be so blatant about it. I'm hoping they have other sources as well...They seem really healthy ad hearty for my AM offering to be all they get.

I had an "accident" when I went out yesterday morning (of the tummy type)...had to leave my cue at the store for my pick up, didn't get meds, had to rush back home, praying all the way that I'd make it inside before I blew up. I didn't make it but wasn't publicly humiliated as I could have been....it was awful.

I called the store to ask if I could pick up today...My order was closed out and charged so I couldn't. They have started the refund for me tho and I am surprised they don't charge a restock fee. I pray that never happens again.....no sign of trouble when I left home. That was the 5th time in my diabetes years and I've had more at home with various meds. Rybelsus was the worst!
    I can't get my Tylenol 4 delivered so still need to pick up meds. I'll try again today, perhaps?

In the meantime...I will apply some energy to my chores and have a blessed day up in here. I hope the same for all of you...Take good care of yourselves and enjoy this new day.vh24jcwy5deg.jpg
  • Marilynsretired
    gosrmq7xg9bz.jpeg
  • Restfinder
    What a beautiful kitty!

Oh, Bren, I'm so sorry! I'm also very glad that I haven't experienced anything like that myself. Wow, it's nice of them to give you a refund, especially since you had no choice.

Not much change. I'm able to catch my breath better, that's about 75% better than it was. I'm coughing a wee bit more and still very tired. I appreciate your prayers more than I can say! Love you
  • bren5535

I hear you sweet friend, on the fatigue. And I am so thankful I haven't been sick that way in about 4-5 years! I am very isolated (and love it) since retirement and not exposed to a lot like I was in my working years. So gad the breathing is better and you will remain in my prayers, for sure.

One of the neighbors has spoken for the yellow kitten and is in the process of getting it tamed up, Mary said. It runs into the office too!
    We met at my door while enjoying the sunshine...and had a long conversation on the cats! Not a word of my "feeding program", praise God! She's the one who fixed up their sleeping quarters on top of the heating unit!
    She has a feral Mama in her apartment that has 5 babies, plus the 4 office cats she has rescued and had fixed. Another true Cat Lady like me! She's had others caught and fixed as well...and told the neighbor wanting Little Bit that he would need to be fixed. You should have seen the cats roaming about! One of her black ones from the office, the two babies, Mama Sister and Homer, the orange Tom....It was adorable! She said the other baby is spoken for as well and already named Sage. So sweet! Did my heart good.

I felt much better today and may go grab my meds in a bit, take trash out and bring my cart in out of the car.. I did a delivery order from Wal-Mart...for tomorrow as well. I need to get the fridge sorted and ready.

I had a nice turkey burger for lunch. Cooked on my little GF grill. I've enjoyed the turkey burgers. These are the HEB brand and better than I expected and I have a box of the Butterball ones in the freezer. I love beef but don't have it as often as I'd like.

I'm going to get my running done so I can hunker down with a hot TV and some kind of dinner. Have a good, restful and peaceful evening, all. Love and prayers~
  • Restfinder
    How fun is that? No wonder you didn't get any flack for leaving out some food!

My breathing is better today, although the heaviness is still on my chest. I was coughing a little bit this morning. Seems like I start coughing whenever I move after sitting still for a bit. I'm hoping the heaviness is just muscle soreness from taking so many deep breaths.

Wade made a corn hole game! We had it in the hallway which is about 13 feet long and I did pretty good - unfortunately, the game is played with the holes 27 feet apart! Eek! Not sure if I could even reach it twice as far away! LOL! He made it for us, but also for the church folks for when we get together.

I hope that y'all have a very blessed Lord's Day tomorrow. Love you
  • Marilynsretired
    ug1ilczoagpk.jpg
  • Marilynsretired
    m7cjxxtsypx9.jpg
  • Restfinder
    Wow, so true. As I get older and we lose more people, I see how quickly life goes by. When I was young we couldn't conceive of 2023 and now, here we are. Sci-fi movies were set in a time already past! LOL! We were watching Hogan's Heroes this morning, and Wade saw that it was made 50 years ago! Eek! "Only one life, twill soon be past. Only what's done for Christ will last." C T Studd had a poem with this phrase in it. I just read the poem and it's really good, a bit long, but very good:

Only One Life, Twill Soon Be Past
    by C.T. Studd
    Two little lines I heard one day,
    Traveling along life’s busy way;
    Bringing conviction to my heart,
    And from my mind would not depart;

Only one life, ’twill soon be past,
    Only what’s done for Christ will last.

Only one life, yes only one,
    Soon will its fleeting hours be done;
    Then, in ‘that day’ my Lord to meet,
    And stand before His Judgement seat;

Only one life, the still small voice,
    Gently pleads for a better choice
    Bidding me selfish aims to leave,
    And to God’s holy will to cleave;

Only one life, a few brief years,
    Each with its burdens, hopes, and fears;
    Each with its clays I must fulfill.
    living for self or in His will;

When this bright world would tempt me sore,
    When Satan would a victory score;
    When self would seek to have its way,
    Then help me Lord with joy to say;

Give me Father, a purpose deep,
    In joy or sorrow Thy word to keep;
    Faithful and true what e’er the strife,
    Pleasing Thee in my daily life;

Oh let my love with fervor burn,
    And from the world now let me turn;
    Living for Thee, and Thee alone,
    Bringing Thee pleasure on Thy throne;

Only one life, yes only one,
    Now let me say, “Thy will be done”;
    And when at last I’ll hear the call,
    I know I’ll say “twas worth it all”;

__ extra stanza __

And when I am dying, how happy I’ll be,
    If the lamp of my life has been burned out for Thee.
  • kzrkzr
    kzrkzr Posts: 83 Member
    Kim, cut up an onion put half in a plastic bag and the other half in a plastic bag. Put your feet in those plastic bags and put a sock on over them. That will help you so much!!!
  • Marilynsretired
    865vnm3vnigz.jpg