Daily Chats and Encouragements

Replies

• bren5535
    bren5535 Posts: 874 Member
    edited November 2023
    So true. I used to have a key chain thing that said I'm too blessed to be stressed.....Not sure where it went...with car trades and wrecks, it was left behind perhaps but it is still true...daily.

Yesterday, all day, I had the light dizziness and vision trouble. My left eye especially was blurry. I covered it a few times so I could see the computer stuff. I could read my Kindle OK...It's much better this morning and I had the best night's sleep I've had in a very long time. I am so very grateful!

I was very glad as well...to manage my chores yesterday...trash out, dishwasher run, vacuumed, got half the laundry bagged for next week's pick up, cleared the table of clutter...that doesn't happen often enough. I feel more stable today so will see what I can get out of me.

Today's stats:
    123/78 59

You ladies are in my thoughts and prayers daily and you are a blessing to me. I love you and am so thankful you are here.fwnwfkyjn3ty.jpg
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,588 Member
    p6k48bdmxcg4.jpg
  • Restfinder
    Restfinder Posts: 2,554 Member
    What a lovely bird! Almost too pretty to eat! Awesome weight loss!

Bren, I'm so sorry that you have been struggling, but Praise the Lord you are doing better now.

It turns out I have pneumonia. When she gave me the results of the CT scan I was so shocked I didn't ask her how much of my lungs were affected and if that would cause the D-dimer test to be high or is that something I am going to need to do something about as well. I'm on antibiotics and am finding it a bit easier to breathe today. Wade and I went down to the water near Harker's Island and I found some shells to add to my collection. I think they will go outside with my other shells out there. Oh, this is so funny. Wade brought me two shells a couple of days ago. I put them in my shell bowl (a big glass bowl shaped like a shell and filled with shells). We needed to move the cabinet so Wade could paint behind it so everything went onto a cart and pushed to the side. Wade noticed yesterday that one of the shells was sitting in the corner. He asked if I had put it there or if I'd put it on the mantle and it had fallen off. No, it was in that bowl, it couldn't have fallen out of it - it moved to the corner on its own - it had a critter inside! We set it in a container with a little bit of water and then put it into the water when we went out today. He found another one that obviously had a crab in it! How funny! Creepy too!

Love y'all.
  • bren5535
    edited November 2023
    Oh my, Kim....what a "surprise" awaited you! I remember as a kid, on our vacations to the coast, finding shells with the hermit crabs inside....ick! But to have them in your house and shell bowl....Ack! Glad they will be back home.

Thank you. I had a good day yesterday, not as unstable, still had some eye issues, not sure what's going on there but it may be due to the high spike when I got sick? I rested well again last night but didn't want to get up just now. But....I did...to feed my cats. I was able to get within 2 feet of the babies yesterday and discovered another kitten so we have three beautiful babies. The yellow one came to the food bowl yesterday! Sweet. The other two are twins...dark grey stripes.

Oh my goodness, Kim! Pneumonia? Wow! I'd not have thought of that at all! So glad you know, got some meds and will be on the mend, soon!
    Brings to mind the time I waited 47 days to go to the walk in clinic, thinking it was just allergies and I had a severe URI, almost pneumonia, had X-rays, got 2 shots ,a scrip....and went back to work. Back then, I had no insurance and would let things slide as long as possible. I still don't "want" to go to the doctors!

Be blessed and at rest today...and if you want to cyber sort my fridge and freezer...please do. Here's the yellow baby, with Mama at the food bowl...I got them thru the storm door.zifu9fvfao8e.jpg
  • Restfinder
    How cute! There's a guy on YouTube, Rocky Kenaka who does videos from a shelter that he supports and he has a "sitting with dogs" segment, where he goes in and tries to help the most scared dogs or to work to find homes for the dogs that have been there for awhile. Today he rescued a cat from a storm drain while out walking one of the dogs! The dog shut down when he saw the cat, just laid down and whined - a very unstable doggy! Kitty would let him pet her, but don't pick her up! They finally got her with some help. They have gerbils in there too and he showcased a couple and they were adopted right away! Makes me miss my doggies sometimes, but I really do enjoy watching the shows.

So glad you were able to sleep well again last night. I'm fine at night! Feeling more tired today, but that could be because I was up at 5:30 with a headache - but I did go to sleep at 10:30 = 7 hours of sleep. My breathing is easier. Still take deep breaths, but they resolve much more easily than they had before. Now to figure out how to get my groin muscle to stop hurting and wanting to collapse on me. I've been using a cane, especially when I get up after sitting for a while. It's popping or crunching in there too, not happy with that.

Oh, I wanted to praise the Lord too, I had the funds in my Health Savings Account to pay for the blood work and the CT scan. Still have to pay for the X-rays, they don't do the funds at the imaging center, but everything else is paid for. YeeHaw. God is very good! We got a nice discount for paying right then, so that helped a lot.

Well, not much else with me. I hope to feel myself again by Sunday! I love worshipping with my Church family.
  • Marilynsretired
    Reading about your costs for medical care - having to pay for blood work, CT scans ect. I am glad that is not how it is here in Canada - all my blood work and any tests are paid for by the medical coverage I have - and I don't pay for that coverage now either. We used to but the government stepped in and 2 years ago got it changed so we don't pay for it - for instance every visit to the ER - no cost - it must be so difficult for people with very low incomes to get the medical attention they need if they have all those tests to be paid for.

Anyway I am doing better - for 5 days was down for the count with the flu - not bad enough to keep me in bed but kept me at home for sure as I was running to the bathroom every morning and then finally the day came when I vomitted - yesterday was the 1st day I felt ok - so am back to my walking today. Will be doing 12 - 14 minutes on the treadmill - I must admist I don't really enjoy doing it but I do feel so much better after I have. Also had blood work done yesterday - have to call the doctor to get the results of the kidney function - have been praying that it will be up as it as far too low. But am feeling pretty good.

0oe5cb5uktuj.jpg
  • Marilynsretired
    d49rz0c8mh0o.jpeg
  • Marilynsretired
    b5kiqgdopctk.jpg
  • Restfinder
    I'm so excited. My Jake is going to be in a book. Heather Day Gilbert has a Cozy Mystery series set in a coffee cafe - BARKS AND BEANS - where people who go there can pet shelter dogs while enjoying their coffee. Jake is going to be in her book SHADE GROWN coming out on Dec. 11th. Can't wait to see what she does with what I told her about Jake. I haven't read any of the series, I'm not much into cozy mysteries, but I downloaded the first book through Kindle Unlimited and am going to at least read that one - who knows, I may really like them. I got to know her writing through another series she did that had Indians in it - which I like to read about.

Doing better today, and have more energy. Still have to take deep breaths, but no coughing so far - praise the Lord. My groin muscle seems to be doing better too, with only the occasional pop and weakness. I'm still hauling my cane around with me. I'll be able to get some things done today, one being my dishes which is a big need-to-do!

Hope y'all are doing well. Love you
  • Marilynsretired
    Having strange bits of nausea come and go - it has been a week - am sure it has to do with the flu as last week I had the runs also - but woke up this morning fine and then 1/2 hour ago it hit me again. Has settled down (after being in the bathroom) so am praying I will be ok while out for lunch with my sister as we haven't seen each other in months and we are both dealing so health issues.

Sun is shining but not sure how warm it is - but will be out and abou shortly - has been some time since I have been at the Mall. But it is also a good place to catch whatever is going around - sorry if I am sounding fearful but just dont want to get any worse than I am now.

Have a good day ladies

0citsj6gxcts.jpg
  • Restfinder
    Oh, that's my favorite bird, the Chickadee! So glad you are doing a bit better, Marilynn. I hope you find total relief soon. Make sure you drink plenty, diarrhea dehydrates (which I'm sure you know), and your poor kidneys need all the help they can get! You didn't sound fearful, just cautious - and wise. We have to be careful these days!

I found out yesterday that the pneumonia is/was in my lower right lung and my lymph nodes were also swollen. The swollen lymph nodes also cause the breathing to struggle, so that may be why I am still having trouble with needing deep breaths. My breaths resolve faster than they did, which is very good, and my cough has pretty much gone, just the occasional throat clearing of drainage. God is soooo good!
  • Marilynsretired
    Praying for all of you - our health concerns are many but God is in control and we just need to lean in on him more making sure we listen to His adivse on how to take care of our body

5eayhn22aazs.jpg
  • bren5535
    Hello Ladies!
    Kim, that is so exciting! Having Jake featured in a book. I do like the cozy mysteries...especially those with animals, set in coffee shops, book stores, bakeries and the like. I just finished 4 books by Mark Nolan with his adopted war dog Cody. The best things I've read in some time. Tho found in the Christian suspense genre, there are words and actions I prefer not to see. Overall, excellent writer tho.

Marilyn, I felt the same...you were being cautious and we need to be, but strong in faith, knowing God is aware and with you in every circumstance. Prayers for all of you/us and our assorted needs.

I may have mentioned doing a sleep chart recently. I only did it about 10 days and have really made a difference. Two days in a row, I took no nap, am sleeping longer and more solidly at night tho I still get up 4-6 times to go to the bathroom, I can go back to sleep and am not lounging about at 2 AM and then napping for 8 hours later.
    I managed too, to get some chores done and am maintaining the "tidiness" better than I was, with little pick ups and small tasks during my day. Makes me happy.

Cats: The second baby came to breakfast this morning...so sweet. Have one more to join in. Yellow baby was playing with my flowers and sat at my door for a minute, looking up at me.1taxihw3dgei.jpg
    tp6iycs3re81.jpg
  • Restfinder
    The gray and white - what a beautiful cat! And that tiny one, love me some kittens! Too bad they grow up to be cats - eek, don't hit me! LOL!

Doing much better although still having trouble with my breathing. Until the swelling in the lymph nodes goes down that will continue to be a problem. I feel so much better though! Praise the Lord.
  • Marilynsretired
    I used to have a cat - he lived till he was 11 - he got diabetes which I treated but when I married and moved to a small down without a vet near it was best to put him down - he was a great cat and very smart. Also had a small dog at the same time - what a pair they were - they did everything together.

Today I get my stitches out - in about 2 hours - so that will be good

szdimbnxu83w.jpg
  • Restfinder
    But we don't have to have those troubles. The Bible says we can be free from the power, pollution, and penalty of sin. Bren's heard this before, but being human doesn't mean we have to fail - if that were true Jesus would have failed because He was fully human. The Word says that Jesus was able to live without sin by the power of the Holy Spirit, and we are to walk in Jesus' steps by that same power. Can we be absolutely perfect - NO! But we can and are commanded to be perfect in love, to be holy, to be pure, to be righteous (I've got hundreds of verses in the Word that tell us that). We don't have to say hurtful things, we don't have to get angry, we don't have to live with regrets - we just have to get rid of the sinful nature that tempts us to do those things - and that can only be done by wanting it desperately and asking the Holy Spirit to set you free! How awesome is that?!

Woohoo on getting your stitches out, Marilyn. I'm praying that this one works, and also that you never have to use it!

Finished my antibiotics. Will have breathing issues until the lymph node swelling goes down! God is so very good!
  • Marilynsretired
    Yes I got the stitches out - arm is starting to get itchy so must be healing.

I do agree we dont need to be angry or say hurtful things as we have the Holy Spirit living in us - but we do sometimes without meaning to - that is way I believe we need to start our day in prayer, reading Scriptures and taking time to listen to what the Lord is telling us. Yes, Jesus was completely human and completely divine - we are completely human and we are to follow his example but we do fall short - at least I know I do. I never intend to do 'wrong' with my words, thoughts or whatever - but we were all born in sin and do have a sin nature - we just need to remember to 'turn the other way' when we see sin approahing- but when we fall we need to repend right away with the goal of not doing that again.

Am pretty much over the flu I had - am ready now to get back to walking on the treadmill. So for the next 7 days my goal is to walk 12 - 15 minutes each day - I know that will help with my weight as it did before.

Praying for all of you - remember to put Chrit first and everything else will fall in place as it should

srfi9uaxfhbk.jpg
  • Marilynsretired
    1dzbbyyb2amc.jpg
  • Restfinder
    I can relate to that!

I agree, Marilyn, with everything but "...- we just need to remember to 'turn the other way' when we see sin approaching". In a way, I do agree with that, because sin (temptation) does approach from the outside, but I believe that you don't have to turn away from it within yourself because Jesus can set you free.
    We have all been born in sin and have a sin nature, but Jesus is greater than our sin and came to set us free from sin (sins committed and the sin nature). There are three men, one natural (he is without Jesus); one carnal (a Christian who has not yet been fully sanctified); the spiritual (he has received the fullness of the Spirit and has been cleansed from his sin nature).
    In 1Co 2:14  But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. 
    1Co 2:15  But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is rightly judged by no one. 
    1Co 3:1  And I, brethren, could not speak to you as to spiritual people but as to carnal, as to babes in Christ. 
    1Co 3:2  I fed you with milk and not with solid food; for until now you were not able to receive it, and even now you are still not able; 
    1Co 3:3  for you are still carnal. For where there are envy, strife, and divisions among you, are you not carnal
    and behaving like mere men?

<3<3<3
    I'm going to try and give you a picture of what the Bible tells us: Picture three hearts. The first heart is us without Jesus. There is a sin nature [SN] (a root at the bottom of your heart) and a human nature [HN]. The HN makes us human (body, soul, spirit: we have our five senses and in our soul we have our will, our desires, our conscience, our emotions, and out reason). The SN acts against God and wants us to do things displeasing to God. This root eventually grows branches, these are the sins that we commit.
    The second heart is when we accept Jesus as our Lord. We now have a divine nature [DN]. That DN and SN are in opposition to one another, fighting each other. The branches are gone, the sins we've committed are forgiven and we are a new creation in Christ, but that SN is still there. Jesus didn't come so that we would be in constant conflict, He came to set us free from sins (Mt. 1:21). We have to come to the end of ourselves, dying to the world, dying to sin, dying to self. When we get to the place that we are willing to do that then we have the third heart. The Holy Spirit burns out that root of sin (SN) and now we have the HN and the DN. That doesn't mean we can't sin, it just means that there isn't a desire to sin in our hearts. The battle is no longer inside of us, but it's just the temptations battering our shield of faith from without that we have to deal with. Can we give in? Yes, but we don't have to. And I agree totally. The instant we realize that we've sinned, we have to repent and make it right with God.
    If we say that we cannot be free from sin, then we are saying that satan is greater than God; that what the evil one put into our hearts is stronger than the Holy Spirit because the Holy Spirit isn't able to take out that sin. Nothing is impossible with God. I've heard people who believe you can't be free from sin say this - so why don't they believe that it's possible for God to completely deliver us from sin???

Praise the Lord you are healing well, Marilyn.
  • Restfinder
    Hope you ladies are doing well. I'm about the same. Glad it's the weekend!

I was so surprised to see a weight of 240 this morning. I hadn't weighed for a couple of weeks. I am praising the Lord for that good number. Higher than I want it, but not as high as I was expecting! God is kind!

Love y'all.