Daily Chats and Encouragements

Replies

• bren5535
    bren5535 Posts: 874 Member
    Good morning ladies....
    Thanks for the very informative posts, suggestions and updates. Nothing new here to report....since my sleep patterns are of concern I am going to do a chart, to see how many hours a day I am up/alert/awake VS my down time....sleeping etc. I tend to read in bed as it's more comfy but I may need to do less of that.

I remember when my kidney Dr. took me off the pantoprazole due to kidney issues and immediately, I had the reflux issues and had to get back on it. There were nights that I had to sleep in my recliner because I couldn't lay down. My PCP suggested an OTC remedy like you mentioned Kim, but I didn't get any Nexium or the like. I haven't been back to see the kidney Dr. in over a year and a half....I won't go back unless my Endo guy says to. I just didn't see benefits of it.

I got new salad veggies....again so will do some prepping today. I have grand intentions when I buy stuff but my energy levels fizzle out before I make use of it.

Love and prayers for us all...be blessed best where most needed.
  • Restfinder
    Restfinder Posts: 2,554 Member
    Wow, I can't imagine having that much trouble with it! I think that part of my breathing trouble is because I have aspirated the acid and it's done some damage. Not much, it's only happened two or three times that I can remember (I have no idea about what has happened while asleep), so there shouldn't be much damage, but it sure burned badly when it happened. So far not much difference in my breathing on this new med. If this new med doesn't help by the end of this week, I may give the baking soda a try. I want to see if this will help and don't want to mix the two - then I won't know which one was working! I think I would try it in my peppermint tea with honey (which has helped, I just need to be more faithful to drink it daily).

OOO, it's gotten chilly on us. My watch says the high today will be 57! That's not bad, it's the 40's before that that I have to get through! LOL! My small heaters throughout the house are helpful. Wade put an extra blanket on me last night. It's a queen size so we left it folded in half. I have a queen sheet folded in half on top of my fuzzy blanket which goes on top of me! Ahhh, toasty warm! Oh, socks help too. heeheehee.

Love y'all.
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,588 Member
    pxy3dztu6y79.jpg
  • bren5535
    Oh yes, Kim! I loved my small heater I had for work as it was so cold in the computer hole. My hands stayed icy as did my feet. I wore some fuzzy socks a couple nights ago. We've had our first freeze at 31...but are due 80 for the weekend! I've had my heat on a couple of times so it stays cozy.

That episode I had recently, was about the worst! Had me up for 4 hours before I could breathe/swallow right and go back to bed. I think the culprit was queso/chips late at night. Ack!

Oh that's me Marilyn! I've felt more than once that I was sleeping my life away...yet felt so weary I couldn't stay awake! I got my chart done....started with yesterday as it's the first of a new month so good timing. I spent a total of 11 hours awake/alert and 13 hours sleeping. My sleep is broken as I am up 5-7 times each night to go to the bathroom and if a light is involved, I do wake up and may be up for several hours. It took a bit to get my chart "settled"....and making sense.

I've managed to get a few chores done today...I need to clear the table off...it's a clutter/grocery catcher and can't be used as needed when it's covered with things. I've got about half cleared off and tucked away. Got the dishwasher run again...and the vacuum in it's starting position at least! I have an ingrown toenail that is giving me grief several times a day....waaah!

Mama cat has moved her babies....someone had messed their bed up on the heating element. It was a great, comfy spot for them. I had put a rug out on top months back and someone else put a blanket and a gel type cushion out and they were there for over a week. I noticed them gone this morning. Only two babies...beautiful ones....a light yellow and a fluffy grey baby. Mama is Sister....one of the 4 I helped their mama with 3 years ago March, when she had them under my Bistro table. Only Junior and Sister survived and their Mama is gone now. Junior doesn't come around so much now because old Bully Boy abuses him. I miss him.

I think I may have a microwave popcorn and diet Coke for dinner. I only have that about once every 2-3 months...I still don't have my salads done up. Doing that is like changing my bed...takes 4-5 steps at 5-7 minutes each!
    tffgzqbu9gty.jpg
  • Marilynsretired
    9u2flzujjolv.jpg
  • Restfinder
    edited November 2023
    Wow, can I relate to those memes! I have said for years that I have never felt like the commercials, where someone wakes up with a smile on their face and stretching their arms out wide to welcome a new day! I do wake up with praise and a smile, but I roll out from under the covers and plod to the bathroom and still wish I wasn't too awake to crawl back under the covers! LOL! I think I would need that 13 hours to feel perky!

Bren, get that toe looked at. With your diabetes, you don't want anything happening with your feet that could end up turning far worse! I know it's hard to get out, but even if you went to one of those emergency medical offices and had them look at it to assess it so you could have it done right away would be good! They don't have an emoticon with a wiggling finger in your nose, do they? OOO, I found one, let's see if it works!

vazhxm41rpow.jpg

• bren5535
    Yep that one works, Kim. The toe thing is decades old tho. About 42 years now. My poor Daddy had the same problem and Mama fussed at him a lot because he'd use his pocket knife on it trying to dig it out, he was in such pain. I recently clipped my nails and that has it irritated. I have a new, well... unopened but 7 years old...box of Outgrow....it may be ineffective now. It's such a struggle to get to my feet...

I've had days I was down for 18 hours....so 13 is an improvement....I do the same....I thank God for the rest I got and the gift of each new day, for His presence with me always. I am so thankful to be retired and able to rest as needed. I can't imagine having to still be shuffling off to work each day.

I just got up from my afternoon nap and will shuffle off to watch some TV shortly....
  • Marilynsretired
    1c42yn3wxqzo.jpg
  • Restfinder
    edited November 2023
    If we get this passage things would be much better in the world:
    Rom 12:9  Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil; cling to what is good. 
    Rom 12:10  Be devoted to one another in brotherly love; give preference to one another in honor; 
    Rom 12:11  not lagging behind in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord; 
    Rom 12:12  rejoicing in hope, persevering in tribulation, devoted to prayer, 
    Rom 12:13  contributing to the needs of the saints, practicing hospitality. 
    Rom 12:14  Bless those who persecute you; bless and curse not. 
    Rom 12:15  Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep. 
    Rom 12:16  Be of the same mind toward one another; do not be haughty in mind, but associate with the lowly. Do not be wise in your own estimation. 
    Rom 12:17  Never pay back evil for evil to anyone. Respect what is right in the sight of all men. 
    Rom 12:18  If possible, so far as it depends on you, be at peace with all men. 
    Rom 12:19  Never take your own revenge, beloved, but leave room for the wrath of God, for it is written, "VENGEANCE IS MINE, I WILL REPAY," says the Lord. 
    Rom 12:20  "BUT IF YOUR ENEMY IS HUNGRY, FEED HIM, AND IF HE IS THIRSTY, GIVE HIM A DRINK; FOR IN SO DOING YOU WILL HEAP BURNING COALS UPON HIS HEAD." 
    Rom 12:21  Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. 

This is one of my favorite passages. Of course, there is 1 Cor. 13 as well.

Bren, I'm having trouble getting to my feet as well. I get cramps in my calves and feet when I try to twist and turn them so I can get to the nails. Neither leg wants to get my foot close enough to my face so I can see what I'm doing either. I sit on the edge of my bed with one leg crooked so I can get to my foot, but the toes aren't facing me! We have a massage table that we got so that I could do exercises without having to get down on the floor (practically brand new still - huff). I need to get busy doing stretches on there so these things won't be such a problem! I can still bend over and touch my toes, so that is a good thing. Hmmm, maybe I should try to do my nails that way - although, I would probably pass out from all the blood going into my head! Eek!

Oh my, my living room is so pretty. lfnp9qd4h7ez.jpg
    The wall color here looks a little gray, but it's a teal color.
  • bren5535
    Wow! That is so lovely, Kim! Love the color...the decoration...beautiful!

Great verses...I admit using Verse 20 out of context with my ex-co-worker Sharon....when we'd be "irritated" at someone and I'd say I was going to "burn their heads off"....in prayer and "kindness"....but did admit quickly that God was not honored by my attitude.

Last time I did my feet, I had to sit on the bed...my toes were no where near close enough either...or pointing right and it makes the job more difficult. My ingrown nail hasn't hurt me today and I am so thankful for that. Oh yes...the issues with bending over...I have them too! Most of mine is done chasing bugs.

I had a sugar drop after breakfast. Too much insulin for the amount of carbs. I had one of my lovely microwave omelets with cheese and veggies and some of the Jimmy Dean crumbles. So yummy, with the green onions and hot sauce topper.
    To treat my low....I had some yogurt. Couldn't find my walnuts. I like to mix some in it. I had my hands on them this morning when semi-sorting the fridge. I'll find them again!

I need to see if Walgreen's will dispose of that bin full of Levemir for me....I am so sad I couldn't donate it somewhere as I'd just got a new order in (nearly $300) when My Endo guy changed me to the Tresiba last December. I need that bin for veggies! I'll make a note to call them.

That lovely palm tree thing has grown leaps and bounds this year! I noticed it when bring the cat bowl in. I don't go out a lot...getting mail, taking trash out, feeding cats. I do enjoy each day, regardless!

I'm going to do a couple of thin hamburger patties and a salad for dinner. I had a salad and tuna planned for lunch but had the yogurt instead for my low of 81.

Have a good evening and I hope you all rest well tonight...
  • Marilynsretired
    7jw0zdz4k8og.jpg
  • kzrkzr
    kzrkzr Posts: 83 Member
    We are going to see some regional banks go bye-bye this week.... get your money out of the banks!
    Love the color Kim ...nice and beachy! ;) The clock with your names on it.. is so neat!
  • bren5535
    Woohoo...saw a new number on the scale this morning. My FBS is high...but I did have saltines w/cream cheese last night. Not wonderful at all....tho if it was a "sweet" cream cheese...it would serve as dessert. I had a low of 75 after breakfast...so had some orange juice and went back to bed. It was a draggy day so am playing catch up the next few days.

Today's stats:
    126/76 67

I'll be more aware of what I am up to today. Wishing you all a blessed and lovely day...t31vvs0rvcfl.jpg
  • Restfinder
    I'm with you, Missy. I don't trust what is going to happen in this country very soon! All of these protests are scary too. Israel has been hated since at least the days of Jacob retaking the land God promised them. They actually also had land on the other side of the Jordan River. The land the Palestinians are in were gifted to them by Israel and they have lived peaceably with Israel until Hamas took control. Even the Gazans are asking the protestors to stop, it only empowers Hamas who, they say, are the ones treating them wickedly. Hamas takes the good things from the people and leaves them with the dregs. Not everything Israel does is okay, but they are, at this time, simply trying to survive a world that wants them wiped off the face of the earth. I will stand with Israel because they were God's chosen people and have a part to play in His return. The Church is His chosen since the death and resurrection of His Son, but Israel still has a place in His heart. He will set up His kingdom in Jerusalem. It will be a New Heaven, a New Earth, and a New Jerusalem.

Still struggling with my breathing. I called my NP this morning as I told her I would and let her know things hadn't changed much. Friday and Saturday I felt quite a bit better, but yesterday was a very bad day and today isn't much better. I appreciate your prayers. You continue to be in mine. Love you
  • Marilynsretired
    gv1ypawq2skp.jpg
  • Restfinder
    Had a chest x-ray and some blood work done yesterday. Hopefully it will show something, but not the bad stuff that the blood work was looking for! Still trusting the Lord no matter what. It's hard when they don't find anything, how do you fix something when you don't know what's wrong? God knows and I am trusting Him. Love y'all.
  • Marilynsretired
    Weigh in today - down 4.4 pounds. Have finally reached 234.4. Now to work on getting to 230 which I plan to reach by end of November.

p9gy4q62pf68.jpg
  • Restfinder
    Woohoo, Marilyn!

I had some blood tests and a chest x-ray yesterday. The x-ray was fine but one of the blood tests for blood clots was high, so I am going to have a CAT scan this morning. Please keep me in your prayers. Love you
  • bren5535
    Praying for you Kim....may God go before you and prepare the way, hold you close and comfort you as only He can....and keep you safe in His loving care.

I got sick yesterday afternoon. I rarely get nauseated and am thankful for that....yesterday was a day I did....and my sugar spiked to 365. Oops! I took a bolus of Novolog after doing the throwing up thing... feel fine today but am weak, wobbly and having some vision issues and light dizziness. Sugar is fine today tho...128 FBS. Thanking God for His mercy!

I managed to get some cleaning done, trash out (hooya) and put my note in the office for the bulb change....he took care of that this morning. Yippee!

I have a burger patty and fries in the air fryer for lunch. Early, but I skipped breakfast. My little GF grill is in the dishwasher or I'd have grilled my burger on that and skipped the fries.
    I saw a recipe yesterday for Mexican potatoes that reminded me of mine and David's cooking. He was a great cook and we'd trade weeks....he did a lot of Mexican dishes and the taters were awesome. With onion, jalapeno, cilantro, garlic and tomatoes...yum.

Take care of yourselves...great job on the weight loss Marilyn! Hooya! You're doing what needs to be done! Love y'all....be blessed best where most needed today...65kzkzr4t0fr.jpg
  • Marilynsretired
    xvbfyb59l9zs.jpeg