Daily Chats and Encouragements

Replies

• Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,588 Member
    u5414hoqvs68.jpg
  • Restfinder
    Restfinder Posts: 2,554 Member
    Missy, this stuff going around just knocks a person out. I've had stuff since Oct. I have two more days on antibiotics for my sinus infection and am starting to feel more like myself! God is so very good! I hope and pray you will be feeling better soon.

Marilyn, broccoli does cause gas for me, but I still do eat it on occasion. I also read an article concerning IBS, that eating leftovers more than two days old can cause problems since it has already begun to ferment and that can cause gas! Sometimes it affects me and sometimes not. We make our meals ahead of time and then eat them throughout the week, so it's hard for me to avoid. You are doing so awesome! You continue in my prayers too.

Bren, hope you are doing well!

Hoping to go to Bible Study on Wednesday, first time in a little over a month! Praise the Lord for keeping me through all of this sickness, He has been very near and holding me close!
  • Marilynsretired
    0z8mb5w5pqpd.jpg
  • Restfinder
    c859pkov521j.jpg
  • Restfinder
    Happy Tuesday! Hope you ladies are doing alright. I'm getting better every day, praise the Lord. You are in my prayers. Sorry I missed you today!

3dgi1yh2doqv.jpg
  • Marilynsretired
    Down 3.3 pounds this week - have made the goal of losing 3 pounds for January. Now this week I need to work on making sure that says off and see if I can get anothter one off.

Hubby just said 'I will go to the store an get you 1 small bottle of ginger ail and one snickers bar because you lost 3 pounds - then no pop or bar until you lose another 3 pounds in one week = is that an incentive or bribery - I know neither of those does anything for my health but it is nice for a rare treat. Boy he would will be surprised if I did it again next Tuesday.

yt6awtaq5cbi.jpg
  • Restfinder
    What a nice husband! Wade made me a Ritz cracker peanut butter sandwich dipped in Almond Bark and white chocolate. The white chocolate didn't set up though, but it was good. He also made me an Almond Bark peanut cluster. Ugh. I didn't want to do any treats until the weekend, but he went to the trouble so I ate it. I will try to not go wild over the weekend with treats but limit it severely!

Can't wait to be in service tonight, although the cold may make it difficult to meet in our building so we may Zoom. Boohoo! So glad for Zoom, but really want that physical fellowship!

Love y'all.
  • Marilynsretired
    pyz6pcilu068.jpg
  • bren5535
    bren5535 Posts: 875 Member
    Amen, Marilyn....I say that regularly...in gratitude to our Father....the giver of all good things.

I've been feeling off the past few days...had been out of my Claritin so am having allergy issues. I reloaded today tho.

I got my new lease to sign and date and am so thankful my rent wasn't raised. That's a blessing. This is my 3rd year at the $580...and every bit helps in maintaining my retirement budget.

Kim, I know you are looking forward to the in person fellowship of Church. I'm so glad you're finally feeling well enough to be there...

We got up to 61 today! Sunshine and all...tho nights will still be mostly freezing. I'm just so glad to stay in...and be cozy...I wish Granny, Junior, Sister and Homer could be inside to be cuddly company....
    5ko26e7rrh8c.jpg
    l73mxpmmndom.jpg
  • Restfinder
    Oh, that's too cute! Don't eat the kitten! I enjoy watching the chickens next door, they are so funny! They like to get up on their stump (several at a time) or on top of their waterkeeper! When one sees something and chases after it everyone else comes with her - can't miss out on anything!

Marilyn, Amen indeed! I too thank God often for those very things, and for keeping me in His will every day.

Well, we ended up needing to do a Zoom service last night and will again on Sunday due to the very cold temps. One day I'll get to be there!

Love y'all.
  • Marilynsretired
    a910xvwurslx.jpg
  • Restfinder
    Eph 2:10  For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them. 

Thanks, Marilyn!

owe4owim0ife.jpg

• Marilynsretired
    p20plous0uch.jpg
  • Restfinder
    Amen! God is always good, and if He allows something to happen then it is for our good and or for His glory, to show people the way to Him. As I've been going through all of these sicknesses I've asked God to show me what He wants me to learn, and one thing was to trust Him and to be patient, not to get discouraged or downhearted; and He helped me to get through it with joy in my heart. Having a husband willing to take care of me, and me to take care of him was a very big help!

I've started a cross stitch project - a Christmas stocking that is a Nativity scene. I have a stocking for Wade and one that says "Gregory", but not one for myself. I tried to find a pattern from the ones that I had already used (there are 5 or 6 different stockings in the same vein), but none of them were right for me, so I decided to do this one. Wow, I have to be very careful with my thumb pad and the arthritis there - that was one of the reason I had had to stop - so now I am doing a little bit at a time and if it starts to hurt, I stop or try to hold the material a different way so it won't put pressure on that spot! It's fun!

Y'all have an awesome day. Love you
  • Marilynsretired
    ju2yml731wfd.jpg
  • Marilynsretired
    ewtaq3ho7xpj.jpg
  • Marilynsretired
    up9xr6lqlsgh.jpg
  • bren5535
    I feel really awful today. I didn't get much rest at all last night, am blown up (fluid retention) to the tune of 7 pounds in a week...higher than I have ever been. Too much sodium lately....Ack!
    I'm going back down and rest/nap...and pray for recovery. Hoping it comes quickly....

Yesterday I got a new cat! LOL...a twin to Homer, the orange tabby....now I have two of them and can't tell them apart unless I see Homer in the nest with Sister.

Have a blessed day at your spots....Love you all.
  • Restfinder
    Oh, Bren, I'm so sorry! Make sure you drink a lot! That will help flush it out.

Wade is having his hernia repaired tomorrow, please keep him in your prayers. Thanks! Love y'all.
  • bren5535
    Thanks Kim....I will. I'll be more careful in the days ahead...this is much too uncomfortable to deal with if I can avoid it. I got a nice nap, had a good breakfast...egg beaters, bit of cheese and 2 Halos. Will see what I can cobble together for lunch.

Prayers for Wade and his procedure tomorrow.....and for speedy recovery afterwards.