Daily Chats and Encouragements

Options

Replies

• Restfinder
    Restfinder Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    I use mine on my back and hips and when I had the frozen shoulder I used it for that. While it was on I didn't have the pain, but once I take it off the pain comes back. That is probably not typical though. I don't think the pulse can reach deep enough on my hip joints and that's why it doesn't work well there, but on my lower back it works well.

Bren, I am so happy that so many of your numbers are down. I was in that 3A category with my kidneys for my last lab work in Hickory. She hasn't done any kidney checks here. I am going to ask her to do a full work up when we see her in December. When I read up on the categories of kidney failure they said that where I am is pretty normal for my age group. You can't get better, but you can work to not get worse. Not sure that I can do much better with not being able to drink much but being on two diuretics!
  • bren5535
    bren5535 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    No, I've never used a Tens unit but I knew Kim had and my ex-SIL has. I'm a bit of a weenie. I want PT done TO me while I nap! I need something for my back....it screams after 7 minutes of standing or activity. I've been near tears often because of it. That's why I came up with my chore list.... Half is 5-10 minutes.

My endo Doc was pleased with the protein thing improvement. That was massive in my opinion...going from 1846 in April to 336-ish in 4.5 months. I read a bit (googled) on improving the RBC count and it says to eat red meat/liver and the like when my kidney Doc said No red meat? Ack. I love calf liver....so may snag some and cook it. I haven't had any in about 9 years at least.
    He's still very concerned about my continued high fasting sugars. He increased my Levemir again. I'm to do 85 units at night and the 60 AM. He's gone about as far as he can with the Novolog. My 18 week average is 222. I forgot to take my charts with me yesterday so I mailed them today.

I felt really bad at my Dr.'s appointment...very weak and unsteady. oops...I'd had my salad for lunch and my sugar dropped quickly with the amount of Novolog I took. My sugar was only 79 when I got home so I snagged and orange juice and made a sandwich.

I'm working on my carb numbers....supposed to keep them at 30-45 per meal and 15 for snacks. Takes careful attention and editing.
    I had "brunch" instead of lunch today. Forming a breakfast habit is hard work too. I looked at my Premier shakes a couple days ago and potassium is kinda high in those things. BUT...it's good for a quick meal. I did one of my MW omelets this morning with my HM omelet cup. That was fun and tasty tho I cooked it longer than it needed. I'm sure if I did them in a skillet, the eggs would be fluffier. I'll try that.
  • connierandel
    connierandel Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    Red meat is really hard on uric acid. That's what we are trying to minimize in Bill's diet. He has been in stage 3 CKF for years. This last time he went to 3b. In my reading, both on CKF and gout (diets are similar since dealing with uric acid) are to eliminate red meats, liquor, sodas and lot of different sea food. Eat more legumes, berries and poultry.
  • bren5535
    Options
    My kidney Dr. said no beans...because of my potassium numbers. I'm on two potassium sparing meds that she'd really like me off of. She said to have eggs, fish, chicken for my protein. I love beans, but am sure I never had a half cup of any at any time. No wonder I stay in trouble!
    My BP has been higher for some time, in spite of all my meds. I know the foot episode played a part, with the extreme pain I was in. It's a balancing/juggling act daily it seems....and I fumble a lot.

FBS yesterday was 255, bedtime 103 but 217 this morning. I did not take the 85 PM Levemir as I was afraid I'd dip too low. I'll try it tonight. My endo guy wants to get me at 160 or less and that's a good drop from my mid-high 200's. I'll see where I can go from here.
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Wow, Bren, you might be able to eat some berries, some chicken, and some veggies for your meals. Oh, fish is good too, you can switch between the chicken and fish. You know, if that were me, I'd be alright, I usually eat the same things day after day anyway! LOL!

Tomorrow I will weigh again and see where I am, although I haven't done the walking (but for one day) because I have been super tired. I got about four hours of sleep last night even though I started trying to sleep around 12:30, it was around 4:30 when I fell asleep and then woke up at around 7, so I guess that's more like 2.5 hours of sleep - ugh! I actually don't feel as bad as I did when I had seven hours of sleep the other day! I did have a headache last night and drank a drink with caffeine in it both for dinner and for the headache - too much!!! Won't do that again!

Well, it's lunch time and I have several more threads to visit before I'm through! LOL!
  • bren5535
    Options
    There are so many wonderful things I CAN safely have....that I don't feel deprived at all. I have Tilapia and lovely Salmon filets, tons of chicken, boneless, skinless...some yummy pork chunks I like to roast in my AF or toaster oven. I only have frozen berries at the moment but loads of yummy veggies and blends I love. If I could get myself to actually cook more often, I wouldn't have these sudden rages for Taco Bell or McDonald's. They are happening much less than ever before tho.

Oh, I got 3 hours of sleep for you last night, Kim. Did that not help? I'll keep trying! LOL I did rest well the past 2 nights except for the shoulder pain. I did take some Tylenol last night about 11:45....I'll do it tonight when I go down for the count.
  • connierandel
    Options
    We woke up this morning at 5:15 to the house rattling from thunder. We did get a pretty good night's rest though, so I guess I should be thankful and look at the blessings.
  • bren5535
    Options
    I had a tenant's husband come in yesterday, wants to cut the locks on her units and move things out. He said she passed away. Didn't seem upset, gave no details, balked at my asking for a copy of the death certificate. He's not listed on her contracts so I can't allow access.
    This could be another firing reason if I don't handle it properly so I made notes for myself today! I will have to tell him "the boss said"....such and such, make sure the units are over locked etc. and get them locked out at the gate since they are past due. I found nothing online yet regarding an obit.
    I've dealt with this man once before and he's very manipulative and "sneaky" feeling. Puts me out of my happy place. LOL
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Wow, I saw an Andy Griffith once where the wife told everyone her husband was dead, and then he came back to town! This guy just needs to show up at the office! Well, maybe not, he could make you very not happy!

A little more sleep last night but still feeling very tired. No fever and no other Covid like symptoms. We are going to go ahead and get the vaccination. This variant, D, is pretty vicious and it's been about 20 months since we had the Covid-19, so to be safe we feel like it would be the wise thing to do to just get it and (hopefully) be safe. I don't trust this government and that's why we've been hesitant. If there weren't several variants out there I don't think we would be concerned about it, but for Mom's sake we need to be wise. It's much easier to get them now as well.

• bren5535
    Options
    Well, he came back yesterday, and was a bit less "squirmy" with my firmer standing. He said she did not want an obituary posted so that's why I found none. When he gets the DCs he will bring me one. He said he'd have the Locksmith come and cut the locks, not do it himself and he paid the full amount due so I unlocked him, made notes and we are good to go.

Prayers for the safety of us all while this thing and others...continue to rage all around us. I've stayed safe by the grace of God...I isolate on purpose, have little interaction with others past the bosses, tenants, store clerks, doctors etc.

I hear you...on not trusting this government. As we move into the end times, we know these things will get much worse and our hope is in God alone! He is fully aware of the vileness that fills the hearts and minds of so many. Our world is a crumbling mass of confusion, hate, evil doing and broken hearted people.
  • connierandel
    Options
    Kim - for the first time, I am considering the vaccine, too. I want to protect Bill, and me since I am his caregiver. I am hoping that after we get him back on his feet that I can get him to the store for the vaccine.
  • Restfinder
    Options
    There just isn't science to show that after 18 months my antibodies from having had covid will protect me from all of these variants that are coming out. We are getting the Pfizer vaccine because it has gone through all the FDA steps and been accepted by them. I have to get a Covid test before the vaccination because I have symptoms of Covid (typical allergy symptoms, but they don't give me a place to put that). I don't feel right saying I don't have those symptoms, when I do. If I am asked by a person at a site I tell them I have some of the symptoms but they are from my allergies - and they let me through. On the form I can't say they are from my allergies. Some of the symptoms are new, as of the middle of July. A fuzzy feeling in my throat that makes me cough when I breathe through my nose. I'm also fatigued a lot more than usual and have had some shortness of breath. That used to be normal but I haven't had it for two or three years. I'm in a new place and my allergies are morphing! I get the test on Wed. Wade and Mom get their shots tomorrow. What bothers me about the vaccines is that they never talk about those naturally immune or able to fight it, and they are pushing it so hard. Another thing they don't mention is that the vaccine doesn't protect you from getting Covid, you are just less likely to die from Covid if you have the vaccine. Thus, asking you to wear a mask - but they present it as if you are immune if you get the vaccine and that's why people are making a fuss about wearing masks. Lots to think and pray about.

• Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,515 Member
    Options
    mn1zg5qspr9z.jpg

Isn't life great - all that is happening world wide and people rather than loving each other are showing 'hate' or dislike - not what Christ did or asks us to do.

Tomorrow it will be 7 days since I had the molar pulled - it seems better though along the jaw line it still bothers me and I guess that could be normal as it was a molar at the back. But going to check in with the dentist tomorrow on his lunch break just to help with my anxiety.

All 3 of us have had the vaccine - Pfizer - we waited longer to take it but after much praying, talking it over with our doctor we thought it would be the best. We did it more with the thought that we are taking it to protect those that we come in contact with. It would devastate me if I was a carrier of covid and pasted it onto someone with immune problems. And as I post this message our hospital (which is the largest in the interior of the province we live in - we are from Canada) is full - talked to my doctor on Friday to get his imput and he told me that there are no available beds as all beds now have covid patients, some of which are his patients, and none of them have had the vaccine and the ICU is all full of covid also. Then this weekend 28 nurses quite not because they don't want to be vaccinated but the unpleasant comments they are getting from patients that come to be treated for whatever and when they are asked if they have had the jab the patent becomes nasty that the nurse if 'forcing' them to get it. All they are doing is letting the patient know that the hospital is full and they would appreciate if everyone would do what they can to prevent the spread of the Delta varient - must be so hard to work as a nurse taking care of these people that keep telling them they are only taking care of people with the 'flu' -at any rate though I was hesitant I feel that if it keeps others safer from this dreaded illness then so be it - I have been dealing with some allergy problems - lots of sinus trouble and my doctors nurse told me today to expect him to tell me 'first get a covid test' and then we will continue to treat the allergies - the test really is not all that invasive and I would much rather have it and know that I am not dealing with mild case of the covid - I know that the Lord is in control, that He loves me, and I believe that with me doing what I can do for helping others - well that is what He asks - love your enemies (neighbors) as you love yourself - so that is what we have done and are doing. We practice better hygiene then every before, we wear a mask when we are in stores or at church - not to protect us so much as to protect others - would do the same thing if it was just the flu we were dealing with.

Anyway enough of that - we just need to do what we feel is best. And there was a sign I saw the other day that says it all 'To all my unvaccinated friends, I love you and to all my vaccinated friends I love you'

- Marilyn
    -
  • Restfinder
    Options
    We are now far enough away from having had covid that we feel getting the vaccine will bolster whatever is left of those anti-bodies, and there are several variants out there as well, so getting a boost isn't a bad thing. I don't trust our government, they aren't forthcoming with the true science, so I tend to be hesitant for that reason - but enough people have gotten it that we can see for ourselves the safety of the vaccine. Remember, you can still get Covid despite having had the vaccine, the vaccine just makes it less likely that you will die if you get Covid. So you can still carry the virus - thus the masks - and you may never know it! I think it is going to be like the flu shots too, a booster every year.

Had my test this morning and hopefully will get a negative tomorrow! Will then schedule my appointment.

• bren5535
    edited September 2021
    Options
    I'm still one balking at getting the vaccine. Like you said, Kim, it will probably become an annual "booster" type thing, there will be judgements made on us who don't get it...but so be it I suppose... unless I change my mind. I'm not one to mix and mingle, hang out with others and push the envelope tho there's always a risk of being exposed as long as we are breathing. There are many already who say we shouldn't be allowed hospital care if we don't have it and so forth. It's been a ridiculous situation from the get go.

I saw something stupid on News Nation a couple days back. Someone had posted...."Biden better bring his checkbook and I've got a pen if he needs it...we need money!"...pertaining to his visit to the flooded zones after hurricane Ida....well, not a dime of his trillions going out, comes from his account and the set up of hand outs, free rent, free college, extra money for unemployment, free blah blah.....really is ignorant in my opinion...which matters to nobody but me. NONE of that is FREE! Then his response to some question on Afghanistan "my butt's been wiped". He's useless and so is his cohort. Sad situations at every turn.
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,515 Member
    Options
    d0bvrml52tox.jpg

Yesterday I got our passport for my husband, my daughter and myself for having the vaccine. I was on the side of not getting the jab for a long time but on the advise of my doctor got it - as he explained the science and medical issues that getting the jab will help should I get covid I would be better able to survive it where those that don't have it are the ones (at least where I live) that are dying of covid I also don't want to be one that carries it and gives it to a senior or a child.

Where I live in Canada they are starting to put up places where unless you can prove you have had the shot you will not be able to participate. Places such as going to the gym, sport events, concerts, movie theaters and any restaurants where you go and sit inside you will need to show you are vaccinated. Places of worship, grocery stores you don't need to show the passport. So for my family we are ok but just in case we decide to go to out to eat we are going to have this card - didn't cost anything. Truthfully until the numbers go down of people in the hospital of people with covid - we will not be venturing out except to go to Church.

Our hospital which deals with all of the interior of the province is short of nurses - not because they are not vaccinated but because they are short staffed and the general public is not being to nice to these hard working people - just one week ago 28 nurses walked out from the emergency leaving the hosptial short by 2/3 of nurses required - therefore we are being advise that the doctors / nurses are having a difficult time on who to treat - the heart attack person or the person who gets covid, says they are unvaccinated and won't be vaccinated but need to be treated. The ICU here right now has 17 best and 13 of them are covid patients all who have not been vaccinated.

Please don't come down hard on me re vaccinated or unvaccinated - I apprecaite everyone standing up for what they believe but my anxiety is high when I think of anyone waiting to get in the hospital emergency when all the care is on those that might not be there is they had been vaccinated.

Just a note on this. On Tuesday of this week a 70 year old lady went to the emergency with stomach pains. They did the triage as they do with everyone and then asked her to sit and they would get to her as soon as possible. She sat there for 6 hours - her daughter was with her and kept taking her pulse due to the long wait - at 6 hours of waiting she thought her mom looked 'strange - like far away' - she took her pulse and couldn't find it - the daughter started yelling for help - nurses and staff came running and in the emergency waiting room started giving her cpr - but she had already passed - the others waiting to see a doctor were visiably upset understanding that the staff is overworked due to now enough staff - but to have to wait in the emergency room for that long to be seen with doctor - this has been happening for a long time - the long wait due to not enough nurses - the hospital has been doing what they can to attract more doctors and nurses but no one is wanting the job - so should I need to go to the emergency now now just the regular shortage of nurses they are short a further 28 = scary right! ! !

Be blessed

- Marilyn
    -
  • connierandel
    Options
    I was thinking about the people that are ardent anti-vaxers (both of Bills daughters) and remembered when I was a kid. If we weren't up to date on our vaccines, they wouldn't let us go to school. Then when I was a teenager and went on a couple of mission trips out of the country, I had to get all kinds of booster shots and other vaccines. Not to get into the other countries, but to get back into the US. I had to carry a card showing my vaccinations with me. It really isn't that much different.

We are not vaccinated, because I wanted to give them a while to assure me that there weren't long-term issues. I feel confident now, and we will soon be heading to get them. We will probably be very quiet about it with the family, though. We don't want to be disowned! My mom went today and got her first. She said that all went well.
  • bren5535
    Options
    Oh Marilyn, what a tragic story. That poor, precious lady and all who loved her. Makes my heart grieve so. Reminds me of a time I had my Mom in the ER waiting for a room and getting no attention at all for so many hours and I know this is happening even more with the dire straights the world is in now. Breaks my heart.

You're right Connie....what we are dealing with now has similarities to our past and will continue to do so until Jesus returns. Just like all the rioting, protests, and evil of the days...going on here and all over the world. None of it is new and very different.

My computer was really acting up this morning. I couldn't use the new tab function for anything. I tried to put myfitnesspal in and it would do Capital YI...ridiculous! Facebook was a mess, it deleted a shortcut and logging off, every single thing I had done (or tried to) had to be exed out one by one. I hope it sorts itself out. I would have to just drop it off at the shop and say look at it....and FIX ME!

I've got a lot of work today so will get on it...in about 20 minutes.
  • Restfinder
    Options
    When I took Mom to the hospital for her last fall we didn't have that long of a wait but it was still two or three hours, and there were only five or six people in there! They send you back out into the waiting room while they read your CAT scans and wait for blood work where they used to put you in a room with a nurse close by.

Still waiting for the results of my test. Funny, by the time you get the results you are over it! Super tired today even though I got around seven hours of sleep last night, but I got only four hours the night before, so maybe it's caught up with me.

Marilyn, I believe that you can still pass Covid on to others even though you have the vaccine, because you can still get Covid - you just won't get as sick - that's why they want even vaccinated people to wear the mask. I don't feel completely comfortable getting the vaccination because I don't feel like I have all the information (this government isn't opposed to lying to get what they want), but I also realize that the variants are getting more deadly and I don't know that the antibodies that I have from having had Covid 18 months ago will protect me from the new strains. I know that my antibodies are stronger and longer lasting than the vaccine antibodies are, but I feel safer boosting those with these new strains. Now to just get the results of my Covid test so I can go ahead and get the vaccine - not much I can do until it comes back!

• connierandel
    Options
    Bill and I slept in our bed for the full night last night! I slept better than I have since Bill had surgery! He even stayed in bed until about 8:30 this morning. He has been entirely too quiet today, though. He says he is fine, but has no interest in anything...not TV, not crosswords, just sitting. I like to never got him to get up, clean up, and change clothes. Whew!