Daily Chats and Encouragements

Replies

• bren5535
    bren5535 Posts: 874 Member
    Happy anniversary to you, Missy! What lovely roses. And to you Kim! I know those years hold many memories and much love....

Wishing you all a lovely, blessed day! We had some rain for 2 days and a high of 74 yesterday! Woohoo!
  • Restfinder
    Restfinder Posts: 2,552 Member
    Marilyn, now now! Don't lose focus, we love having you around!

I'm going to try and do some walking today and see how my back does. It won't be easy, Wade is painting the living room and everything is in the middle of the floor, and that room is in the middle of my lap!

I am really enjoying my peppermint tea with honey. It's a local honey, so hopefully, it will help with allergies as well. It's also a green tea which should have some immunity benefits to it!

Love y'all.
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,588 Member
    Thanks for the encouragement ladies. It is always nice to receive some of that
    I was at the hospital yesterday from 11am till 12 noon - they did a repair job on my right arm where I have the fisquala - one little pinpoint to open it up and expand the vein in order for the fisquala to work better. Am glad that is over but I am finding it difficult to find the fisquala as I have to check daily that it is working - I know it is working but very faintly so will see how it goes for a day and then if need be go up to the kidney clinic for them to listen for it. Always something right

The weight is coming off nicely. I gain 10 pounds since beginning of January and am now 7 pounds of that 10 gone so just about ready to say I am actually losing weight. Hope to have this 3 pounds off by next Tuesday so that I can work on having a substainal loss for 2023. I know with God anything is possible and He keeps telling me 'be obedient and all will be good' so I am standing firm on following my food plan and walking daily and though not counting the chickens to early I am standing firm that when I am faithful He will deliver me from some of this excess weight which will help with taking care of my kidneys.

cjgobhusd54c.jpg
  • bren5535
    edited September 2023
    Thanks for the update Marilyn...and love the funny. I can't see my food on my plate without my glasses.
    You are doing so well with the discipline needed for your health care and 7 pounds down is great! I've been playing with the same 3 pounds forever it seems.

The bug man comes again today. Last month, I was caught unaware when he came and the hoarders had been here. I'm still working on getting the kitchen area "visitor ready" so I can have maintenance come in to deal with my leaking dishwasher. A new one would be awesome. I ordered a new rug set...coming Sunday, so I want to get it taken care of before I put my new rugs down.lmn2fjfsogwf.jpg

Today's stats:
    140/81 62...oops (missed my meds once and yesterday's sodium was way off track)

Prayers for healing, strength, provision and peace in this new and blessed day we have been given. Love you all!
  • Restfinder
    I've been holding pretty steady around 235, a few ounces up or down for quite awhile. I did get over 2500 steps yesterday and could feel it in my legs. I am doing some easy leg exercises every day as well. When I am sitting in my rocker on the back porch I do my leg raises, and calf and shin raises. We like to sit out there and watch the neighbor's chickens! They have a stump in the middle of their pen (totally enclosed top to bottom) and there were five of the chickens standing on this stump. It's about three feet tall! They are just a riot to watch! As long as the bear stays in the woods, I am happy to just watch chickens! Occasionally we see a deer, but they usually stay hidden until evening. Oh, and a small flock of turkeys as well come now and again!

Woke with a headache so am feeling puny again from the headache and the meds. Getting ready to get some lunch even though it's just 10 AM - breakfast was at 6, so the four hour mark is coming early today! LOL!
  • Marilynsretired
    vwpo4dnzr226.jpg
  • Marilynsretired
    xnwkm3ggha0c.jpg
  • Restfinder
    Now, that is a bridge I would never cross - not unless Jesus was behind the wheelbarrow as we went across! (The story of faith and crossing a deep chasm on a small board. Jesus takes a wheelbarrow safely across and back and everyone claps and is amazed. You say you have faith - okay - who will get in the wheelbarrow and go across with Me?) I hope I am one who would jump at the chance!

I'm reading a series called HEARTS OF FIRE. You can get them free from Hoopla if you have a library card and your library uses Hoopla. I got the audio versions and they are incredible. It is about women who have suffered for their faith in Christ and their incredible perseverance and faith. I don't agree with all of their theology, but they are still inspiring.

I hope that you ladies have a wonderful weekend worshipping the Lord.
  • Marilynsretired
    c718ar5kpi91.jpg
  • Marilynsretired
    b06yfm8jovja.jpg
  • Marilynsretired
    k8cj440yacm2.jpg
  • kzrkzr
    kzrkzr Posts: 83 Member
    I went across a swinging bridge several times in WV...it was an exciting/scary adventure. I would love to do it again lol. I'm leaving for the ocean soon...I will post pics when I get back. Happy Anniversary to you too, Kim!
    hugs and prayers
  • Marilynsretired
    cd4yqhzt52j7.jpg
  • Marilynsretired
    We are rather quiet in this group - praying for all of you - stay safe and healthy

9uxj8mqr6cj8.jpg
  • connierandel
    connierandel Posts: 1,809 Member
    I decided it was time to check.back with you guys. Marilyn, stay true to what the Lord has shown you. We aren't totally away from processed foods, but the ones we use are closely monitored for sodium and additives. Because of the diets of both of the guys, we are eating more pastas...not easy on my diet, but I have found that Bill eats the soft foods better than whole pieces of meat, and works for my BIL's diet, too.

Bren - hopefully you can get the dishwasher fixed and your cute new rugs down.

Missy - hope you are enjoying your trip.

Kim- the Outer Banks sound great! I would love for Bill to be well enough to travel again.
  • bren5535
    Hello Ladies...
    Connie it's so good to see you....Marilyn...that is me...hoping "this time"....will be different! Connie....I know your heart hurts at the challenges and changes and you work so very hard, to care for Bill. So many are on the same journey yet it's a solitary, very personal one for you all. Prayers for you...for strength for each day, provision for each need and God's comfort and rest as needed.

I hope Kim and Wade are having a blessed and wonderful time away for their anniversary. First time in 9 years...wow! Time flies, doesn't it?

Marilyn...your determined spirit and discipline are an encouragement to others...blessings to you in each new day.
    Missy....you can have all the swinging bridges! Just the thought makes me dizzy.....even high bridges, highway crossings make me wanna cry! LOL So glad they are no longer an issue!

Thank you Connie! I had to call maintenance back...continued leaking and come to find out, it was my neighbor's bathtub! I had begun to wonder, as my floor would be bone dry....I'd go back for a refill of coffee, no water being used, dishwasher quiet and minding it's own business...and the floor was flooded. Hey....I got a new dishwasher out of the deal! LOL....I love it. I got my mats down today. I didn't know they were the anti-fatigue type...maybe they will help with my back pain?

I saw my PCP today...had such trouble hearing/understanding her. I told her of my 2 months of dizziness and instability after my fall in June...asked for the Tylenol 4 w/codeine....she wants me back in 6 weeks to see how it's working. I'm so thankful I get relief when resting/lying down. Not everyone does. I am blessed in that.

I finally got a letter from my son. he was transferred to another prison and says it's so much better there. The stabbings and bullying were horrid in the Limestone facility and his last two months there were on the floor, literally, as the bunk he was assigned was taken by another inmate, who refused to give it up and he had a mat on the floor for two months. His cell had been taken over already and he was booted out. A case of the inmates running the prison. I am just so thankful for his safety and praying he gets taken care of. he has hearing issues (like me) so doesn't qualify for classes available, and has a bad, years long hernia that needs fixing.

I'm going to watch a bit of TV...and see about some dinner. Love and prayers for us all here...Take good care of yourselves...I will do the same at my spot.
  • Marilynsretired
    mkscwejny15k.jpg
  • Marilynsretired
    hya0yahbworu.jpg
  • Restfinder
    Back home safe and sound! Had a wonderful time at the beach - but ended up with some sun burn! Hopefully I won’t peel too badly. When we get power back I’ll put my pictures on the computer and share some with you.
    Bren, so glad your PCP was able to get you some pain meds! Praying they will help!
    Marilyn, keep up the good work. You are just melting away! Praise the Lord!
    Missy, what a brave person. I can’t even look at a swinging bridge without getting the willies.
    You are in my thoughts and prayers! Love you
  • Marilynsretired
    lukzwlrkotso.jpg