Daily Chats and Encouragements

Replies

• Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,588 Member
    eyuhu39v5gry.jpg

Thinking of you ladies today - praying that all is well with all of you
  • Restfinder
    Restfinder Posts: 2,552 Member
    So true! As I am listening to these stories of persecuted women I too see how blessed I am. Unfortunately, that persecution is going to be coming for us in the US and Canada as well!

Got a new vanity for the bathroom. Finding a sink to work in this very old bathroom was just too difficult, so Wade will tear out what is there and replace it with this one - found on clearance - woohoo!
  • bren5535
    bren5535 Posts: 874 Member
    Wade is doing some hard labor it seems but you guys will enjoy the fruits of that labor when it's done. Sounds lovely and clearance is good!

I've had several lows this past few days....as low as 69 and then this morning I woke up to a 74...too low and I was weak/wobbly, had blurry vision and and had to snag an orange juice. I only have two left so will get more. I use those and yogurt to treat. Both kick in fairly quickly to get me stable and above 80. I will get coffee going shortly.

I got a few chores done Sunday then had to rest all day yesterday due to the pain! BUT....it felt great to knock a few things off my list. I will aim for a few more today. I only did about 40 minutes worth of activity for that major flare up so will be sure to tread lightly today. I did reschedule my cardiologist appt. I had for today. I am still not stable enough to feel "safe" toddling about.

I will attempt my first order pickup in 2.5 months, this week, to test driving and stability. I have meds ready for pick up and will get gas in the car as well. I have my other two appointments next month and need labs done. I HAVE to get out eventually, tho it's against my will and taps my physical abilities to the bones.

Today's stats:
    116/68/59

Be blessed today, Ladies....Love and prayers for us all in this new day.
    dqx4brcax5v5.jpg
  • Restfinder
    Oh boy, I've met that psychotic dust bunny! At least it's only dust now and not gobs of dog hair too! If we ever get another dog it needs to be one with hair so it won't shed like crazy! Not likely we'll get another dog, we're too old and I'm too decrepit to be able to really take good care of one.

Hope you get to feeling well enough to make those appointments - they're so important! Be safe when you go out on your runs!

Love y'all.
  • Marilynsretired
    llmhrnym2kkl.jpg
  • bren5535
    Thank you, Kim....I have just been so shaky and in so much pain that I have developed a fear of being out/driving, being so unstable away from my grab spots inside my apartment. I've ordered some glider things for the back of my walker and will use that if need be when I do venture out. I have an apron type pocket tote to put on it for my wallet, phone, water bottle etc. I am very blessed that my feet have been behaving of late. My new cardiologist appt. is Dec. 26th....I could have seen the PA today but that wouldn't have helped me. I haven't seen HIM in over 2 years apparently! I saw her in April.

I had said my virtual maid went on vacation back in 2014....but I think she changed her name and left the country! In my mind....I can still do SO many things but real life doesn't line up now. If I over-exert myself one day, I need two for recovery!

I'll see what I can get out of me today since yesterday was a rest day. I need to feed my kitties and make my coffee....and check yesterday's mail. I don't check it every day ...mostly when bills or meds are due in.

Take good care of yourselves. Missy, I am so sorry your illness has lingered so long! Being sick knocks the wind from our sails. Prayers for all of us and our assorted needs. Be blessed and at rest in Jesus!bm6c9d89zq4v.jpg
  • Restfinder
    Bren, do they have one of those vans that take the elderly to doctor's appointments in your area. I don't know if you have to be on medicare or what to be able to use those, but you might check into something like that. Okay, I just googled it for Texas and it looks like if you go to:
    Medical Transportation Program | Texas Health and …
    Can I Get A Ride?How Do I Get A Ride?When Requesting A Ride, Make Sure to Have The Following InformationI Have A car, But No Money For Gas. What Can I do?
    First, set up an appointment with your doctor or provider. To request a ride, call at least two workdays before your appointment, or five days before the appointment if it is outside your county. Phones are answered Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. local time. You may be able to be approved for same day rides when: 1. Your doctor or dentist mus...
    See more on hhs.texas.gov
    I didn't read the whole thing, but it looks like there may be programs that can get you to the doctor, to the dentist, and even to the grocery store!

Getting ready for the hurricane to go through us - on my birthday no less! LOL! Wade is putting up the gutters on the front of the house so that should help with keeping that water away from the foundation at least! We are expecting about 3-4 inches of rain. Doesn't sound like much, just depends on how fast it comes. It will go through Georgia as a stage 2 hurricane! Eek. We are going to get some rain out of Frederick as well as Idalia (kind of like the onion) LOL! It's cloudy out there right now from the bands from Idalia, but so far not rain has fallen. We went out the other day to get whatever we would need. Please keep us in your prayers, as well as brothers and sisters in Christ in the path of this storm!

Stay safe and well. Love y'all.
  • bren5535
    Yep...I've been considering that! Thanks for the tip off...I know one must be "ambulatory" and able to get about but hey...getting there and finding a good parking spot is key. I've seen them at the grocery store and Wal-Mart but I am definitely not up to hiking about in any store so my deliveries/pickups will suffice nicely for those needs.

You and your friends will surely be in my prayers and our Missy as she gets hit a lot too with these awful storms. Here in the middle of Texas, we are still hot and dry....looking forward to Fall!
    Love you!
  • Marilynsretired
    3ngqi7cbdcqa.jpg
  • Restfinder
    Thank you for your prayers, they are appreciated. We are doing well. There is some flooding next door and across the street, but, Praise the Lord, we just have some puddles in our yard. God is very good! Occasionally the power will flicker, but it comes right back on, another thank You to Jesus!

I saw this in my studying yesterday and it really spoke to my heart:
    Ps 63:7 Because You have been my help, Therefore in the shadow of Your wings I will rejoice.
    Ps 63:8 My soul follows close behind You; Your right hand upholds me.
    He is my shelter in the storm. Like a mother hen hides her babies under her wing and she takes the brunt of the storm, so God does for me - but I have to follow close behind Him, I have to hide in the shelter of His hand!

I am in God's hand and nothing can happen to me that isn't according to His will!
  • Marilynsretired
    rzihox00i77v.jpg
  • Marilynsretired
    t9yxkatyqlrk.jpg

Saw the doctor yesterday and had a good visit. He laid it out straight and was a bit blunt but I needed to hear what he said. So here it is

He said don't say 'I will try' just do it.
    Don't eat any processed foodss - none at all
    What you eat is saying whether you want to live or die. When I decided I need to have a soda pop I am saying to my body that it is not necessary to take care of it as I would prefer to die. Eat healthy foods that are going to heal and make me healthy - absolutely no salt or processed foods.
    And most importantly every hour I need to get up and move - he says to walk around the house for 10 minutes every hour on the hour then I can sit. Says I am spending to much time sitting and therefore my metabolism has shut down. He told me of a patient that has the same kidney function that I have and is overweight. He decided to follow the doctors advise, have no processed foods and move - and in 4 months he brought his kidney function up by 10 points and lost 30 pounds. He gave me the challenge to take up this challenge to see what results I would have.

So today marks the start. I no longer will say 'I am going to try,' or 'It's so hard to change to healthy eating' rather I am going to take my health seriously and just do it. So I was on plan yesterday but today is officially day 1. No more excuses. I know there will be days I will struggle but I will handle them approprately and push on - I will just do it rather then 'trying to do it'

Starting weight today September 1 2023 244.44
    Blood glucouse re diabetes was 4.9 Canadian (US that would be 88.9 I believe)
    Blood pressure this morning was 136 / 67 with my pulse at 63

Have had my breakfast (1/2 cup oatmeal no milk, 3/4 cup blueberries, and 1 hard boiled egg)
    Lunch will be a Caesar salad (I might add a little tuna to it but not sure) along with blueberries
    Dinner will be 2 oz grilled chicken, 4 small baby potatoes which weigh in at 3 oz, a cabbage salad and 1/2 cup peas
    There there is my water for the day which will be 72 oz.

Not sure what the nutrition looks like as I have not recorded it yet but should be ok as to the potassium and sodium of which I am watching

My Scripture verse for today is:

Ecclesiastes 5:4-7
    When you vow a vow to God, do not delay paying it, for he has no pleasure in fools. Pay what you vow. It is better that you should not vow than that you should vow and not pay. Let not your mouth lead you into sin, and do not say before the messenger that it was a mistake. Why should God be angry at your voice and destroy the work of your hands. For when there dreams increase and words grow many, there is vanity, but God is the one you must fear.
  • Restfinder
    edited September 2023
    Very good and scary verse! If our words mean anything, they mean what they say. I will be praying for you as you work hard to bring those number changes and as you trust God to help you on this journey. You have done it before, you can do it again! Keep us posted and let us help you stay accountable. Just think about having to tell us you didn't hold fast...! Trust me, the noodle shed is nowhere you want to go.

I did some leg exercises
    the other day and felt it for two days afterwards. I'm going to work on those every day. I was actually stronger than I thought I was. The Boyz showed me the exercises and then there was a sit/stand test. 0-11 was below average; 12-18 was average; 18+ was above average. I was able to stand and sit 11 times in 30 seconds. You also do it with your arms folded over your chest so you don't use them to help yourself. I was shocked I could do that many since I struggle to stand up on a normal day! LOL! I knew it afterwards though, my thighs were screaming, and my knees have hurt even three days later. But, we need those muscles to help burn fat.
    I like the idea of walking every hour on the hour as well. I did some figuring and I will start walking at five minutes to 9 and do 200 steps. I work on the computer doing my Bible Study and other stuff until around 11 AM, so I will do 200 steps whenever I am done at 11 or so. I will do 200 steps every hour after that until 5 PM. That will give me 1600 extra steps per day and hopefully keep me between the 2500-3000 steps that my back can take. I'm hoping that over time I will get stronger and my back won't hurt until I reach that 4000-5000 range, but I'm not there yet. I walked twice today and have 2162 steps so far today. I'll post how I do each day, that will keep me accountable!

Love y'all.

• bren5535
    That was some straight talk, Marilyn. The possibilities of some improvement sure inspire hope!

Good plan, Kim. It's been a long time since I really put some push to my plans. My back pain roars after standing 5 minutes but hey..."what can I accomplish in 5 minutes?"...I need to find out!

I've had several really rocky nights with little sleep...so I nap long and hard during the day and guess what...the pattern repeats itself. I am not "active" during those weird hours I am up/awake so it's not beneficial.

Today's stats:
    137/72 64
  • Restfinder
    I'm not sure if you can take it, but an adrenal gland supplement might not be a bad idea. You sleep cycle is messed up and that may be because your cortisone is messed up. But your system is fragile so I'm not sure if you can take anything like that. You might talk to your heart doc or your diabetes doc and see if it would be safe for you. Getting good sleep is important to our health! Your numbers look good though!

Not sure what I am going to be able to do. My back is hurting worse right now than it ever has so, unfortunately, I am going to be as still as I can be and hope the inflammation and pain settle down. I can't take anything for the inflammation, and my TENS unit didn't really accomplish anything yesterday. Please remember me in your prayers. You are definitely in mine!

• bren5535
    Oh, dear friend....you have top billing today. I am so sorry you are in such pain. Praying for rest, comfort and a healing touch from Jesus.

I get good rest, it's just backwards! It affects my "schedule" for sure. It started 1.5 years ago when both feet went south at the same time and I was bedridden for a full week. I asked for help with my cleaning as I could barely hobble to the bathroom with my walker, or to the kitchen for a fast/simple/easy meal of some sort.
    One of my Buy Nothing friends came with her two kids and cleaned my kitchen, took out trash, checked my mail and blessed me richly. I pray that never happens again! Anyhoo...as I was in bed for a week before one healed enough for proper hobbling/shuffling about....I slept a LOT...and would wake at times not knowing what day it was or if it was AM or PM!

I have since got a potty chair, that sits hidden in my closet about 4 steps from my bed. I got it last December when we were having a week of flooding/plumbing issues. It's not comfy at all but it serves it's purpose and with your tip on the bags., I'm good to go!

I'm still working on a simple meal plan that I can do up in minutes...there is SO much good info available and I am so glad. I'm in a group called The Burning Kitchen and I love those ladies. They do inspire me and my pitiful contributions are received with joy! LOL...

I'm off to finish unloading/reloading the dishwasher and clear up my stash clutter before my order is delivered from Wal-Mart.
    I did manage my "outing" on Thursday...as a test run. I went to the bank (drive thru) for mad money, got gas in the car (tough) as I had to go inside to pay before pumping but a nice young man opened the door for me...picked up my meds at Walgreens and my order from HEB. I did the WM order today because I had no cucumbers and I really wanted them...for my salads! I love cucumber salad with my tin of mackerel too and that's on my meal plan. No sugar or Cheetos...Hooya.
  • Marilynsretired
    s5y270c5uhyl.jpg
  • Restfinder
    So true! Thank you, Yoda!

Bren, I remember that. We used the potty chair when we first moved in here and the septic was messed up. We used it a lot for Mom, the bags were so easy! We had a garbage can dedicated for just those - kind of felt like when we had a special garbage can for diapers when my baby sister came along! LOL!

I took some pain meds so the pain has been subdued a wee bit. I can at least sit here at the computer without having to lean over! LOL! The Lord knows and His will be done!

Love y'all.
  • Marilynsretired
    lgrvixzig2ke.jpg
  • Marilynsretired
    s9u5on7rdejr.jpg

Praying for you wonderful ladies that you might feel the Lords presence strongly today as He upholds you in all you do today.

I am so pleased with how my Lord is helping me with my health issues. Today marks 4 days of making changes and I have not felt so good - I am trusting in Him that He will continue to lead me down the straight path giving me guidance re my health.

Here are 3 Scripture verses that have spoke to me over the weekend

Proverbs 3:5-6 says
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.
    In all your ways acknowledge him, andhe will make straight your paths
    Be not wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord and turn away from evil

Psalm 41:3 says
    The Lord sustains him on his sickbed; in his illness you restore him to full health

Ecclesiasts 12:13-14
    The end of the matter; all has abeen heard. Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man.
    For God will bring every deed into judgement, with every secret thing, whether good or evil.

Guess what I am hearing from these is
    1) keep His commandments
    2) trust in Him - His commandments are to benefit us
    3) when we keep his commandments, when we completely trust in him we will be healed and restored.