Daily Chats and Encouragements

Replies

• Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,588 Member
    jayu45h4mhpm.jpg
  • Restfinder
    Restfinder Posts: 2,552 Member
    The lady at the therapy place mom was at said that they prefer for people to use the old-fashioned walkers rather than the Rollators. I'm torn. Mom did fall using her Rollator, she stopped but the walker didn't and down she went, but she couldn't move the other walker and we had to walk behind her a push it for her.

Your numbers are pretty good! Awesome! It's hard when you can't move that much to get the calories burned, and you need the energy just to get yourself around, so it's hard to eat less! I wouldn't worry about it too much as long as you are eating healthy!

I am having pain in the leg again today, but my TENS unit has helped, so I am keeping it on and running it every couple of hours. I did send a note to my NP and asked if I could get more Tramadol in my prescription so when I have days like yesterday I have something I can take for the pain rather than heaping more Acetaminophen into my system. I'm trying to cut back and see if that helps with the headaches. I took just my migraine med this morning and it went away in about 1 hour and 15 minutes, so praise the Lord. Normally it doesn't work by itself. I'll see if she responds to my patient portal message. If she doesn't in a couple of days, I'll try to call and see if I can get a response that way. We talked about my pain, but pretty much left it at there isn't much we can do since I am sensitive to everything that could help me!

Wow, this skin tag add is really gross! I'm going to wish y'all a blessed day.

• bren5535
    bren5535 Posts: 874 Member
    That reminds me of my cart issues. I was taking trash out one day....way back yonder, got to my car and the cart tipped back, had me running out into the driveway, so near falling. I was afraid to turn it loose, sure I would fall....this old girl doesn't need to be running at all!

Kim....can you send me my phone number? I forgot the first 3 digits. I remember the 1665...I tried 670, 704, 701...went all the way back in pages here to find where I posted it...to no avail. I know they changed it a year ago and it took me 3-4 months and a cable guy call to figure out they changed my number and didn't tell me. Many of my sites still have my old number and I might need it one day!

It's 3 AM...I think I'll go back to bed for a bit....
  • Restfinder
    The first three digits are 325. I'm sending you the whole thing in a text message, which you should already have! Hopefully, I sent it to you! LOL! If you get a call from someone you don't know - it's probably someone I do know! LOL

Praise the Lord, I'm feeling back to normal today. No severe pain and no headache this morning. God is so good to me!

Had a really good Bible Study last night too. We had prayer requests before we went into our study and then studied more on The Doctrines of Salvation - The Order of Salvation. There is an order that comes with being saved. The Holy Spirit brings conviction and your need to be saved, then He brings convincing of you need to be saved - you hear the Word by either preacher or witness, you believe, you confess, you repent, you are saved, you follow Jesus.
    Rom 10:8-10,17  But what does it say? "THE WORD IS NEAR YOU, IN YOUR MOUTH AND IN YOUR HEART" (that is, the word of faith which we preach): 9  that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10  For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.... 17  So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
    Act 2:21  AND IT SHALL COME TO PASS THAT WHOEVER CALLS ON THE NAME OF THE LORD SHALL BE SAVED.'
    Eph 2:8-10  For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9  not of works, lest anyone should boast. 10  For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them. 
    You hear, you believe, you repent, you are saved. Way too many people today are preaching that God chose who would be saved and who would be damned before the foundation of the world. If you were chosen to be saved, you will be saved and if you were chosen to be damned there isn't anything you can do to be saved! Their order is redemption, then repentance. Honestly, with what they believe, I don't know why you would even need to repent or live for Jesus, you're saved whether you like it or not. I was in a Baptist service one time and a visiting preacher said that God would take you kicking and screaming into heaven - show me that in the Bible! Another time a preacher said, in the same sermon, that if someone goes back into sin after being saved they probably were saved at all - but then he said that he had a friend who was saved and was going back into sin and God took his life before he could sin too much. Say what? You can't have it both ways! If it doesn't fit God's Word, then it isn't going to make sense! What does the Bible say??? And what does it say without you having to tell me what God really meant or adding addendums? Great study last night!

• bren5535
    LOL....I need my home number. That's the one I can hear on, and need to make sure my doctors, pharmacy etc have it. Last four are 1665. I thought I gave you that one....I'll find it maybe when it's time to check in for my appointments? I guess I could call Walgreens and ask them what my number is. haha

I think so many preachers say what will fill seats and coffers. Creflo Dollar, Joel Olsteen type.....the world is full of them. I'd think those churches are full of lost folks....not much is required but your wallets?

I feel a bit punky today...allergies and what-not. I had a couple of good, more active days so won't fret much if today is a sleeper. Have a good one at your spots. Love and prayers~
  • Marilynsretired
    8c1wws7knv66.jpg
  • bren5535
    Kim, I found my number. I had given it to a friend to pass on to my brother so looked up that message...it was the 704-1665...Some days, the simplest things slip my mind. Comes from no interaction and an idle mind?

Overall...I am doing OK and feel so very blessed to get a new day and for God's love and mercy that know no bounds.
    Be blessed sweet friends....best where most needed....Love you!
  • Restfinder
    LOL! I only have your cell number. I think I got that when you were in the hospital and I could talk to you there! You should have gotten my cell number when I texted you, so if you want to text me your house number, I will be happy to keep that in my phone and I can call you if you disappear for awhile.

Getting ready to go out to lunch for Wade's birthday. We are the same age until the end of the month! Woohoo! We are going to go get steak - yummers!

Love y'all. Have a blessed day.
  • Marilynsretired
    5ktvvz48sngi.jpg
  • Restfinder
    Hope y'all are doing well. I am doing better, although I did gain some weight celebrating Wade's birthday. Probably won't get back on track until Monday! BUT, I will be careful so I don't gain anymore!

Wow, lots of rain last night. We had a squirrel on the porch - I think he didn't want to get his feet wet in the puddle in the front yard! LOL!

Lord willing we will be doing a short vacation in September for our anniversary. There is a place we like to stay on the Outer Banks, so not very far away. Wade was looking at it and it appears it is the same amount of time for driving it or taking the fairy - my vote - drive! I want to go to the lighthouse that is on an island, so that will mean a fairy ride, but with Dramamine I should be alright!

Well, not much else going on with me. Love y'all.
  • Marilynsretired
    x8warkye13zl.jpeg
  • bren5535
    Marilyn, I have no family or close friends so my friends are cyber or imaginary...but I know my cyber friends care for me spiritually tho physically it's impossible....I do have the one that brought me dinner for the holidays last year but she has struggled a lot, physically this year....Knowing someone cares and prays...means a lot.

Your little planned getaway sounds very nice, Kim. Me too on the drive. I love the water but I don't want to be "on" it!

I've had a gain as well....celebrating Cheetos! They are gone again but still call to me. Some days I invite them all in....I need to get out of this current ditch and carry on.
  • Marilynsretired
    4ak8126jyzge.jpg
  • Restfinder
    Bren, when you shop from Walmart, order the Great Value Puff Corn (or puffed corn), white cheddar is the flavor that my Walmart carries. I was very sad when they didn't have it for a while, I even sent them an e-mail asking them to get it back in! They did and Wade bought me four bags! I tried to drop an image, but couldn't get 'er done! I have a container that holds around the 1 oz. serving they suggest (which is quite a bit), but also use a soup bowl. DO NOT take the bag to your chair, you will eat them all! LOL! I tried other kinds when Wal-Mart was out, but they were more expensive and not nearly as good. Well, enough on that!

Hot, hot, hot again. Praise the Lord we did have good rain over the weekend so I don't have to go outside to water anything. We are letting the garden die back, other than the sweet potatoes and watermelon. If the sweet potatoes do like the regular potatoes did we'll only get a few tiny ones that don't look very good! LOL!

Doing pretty good. Still have pain in my right leg from the SI joint, but I can get around better. Praise the Lord He touched me and I am having fewer headaches - God is so very good to me.

I am praying for y'all. Sending you hugs and love. You are very special to me, my cyber-friends!

• Marilynsretired
    3cxo7efwbin9.jpg
  • bren5535
    I've had the Puffcorn before, not sure what brand but it was just $2,00 a bag. I'd get it for Mom and we both loved it. I'll see if my Walmart has it. Thanks! Portion control....much needed! I remember trying to get Mom to use it with the Bridge Mix....wasn't happening.

I felt better this morning but have a sore throat that makes me wimpy. I managed to deal with the dishwasher this morning but that was all I got done. Rather pitiful.

I was printing out some simple recipes a couple of days back and pictures of easy fixes when I ran out of ink. I thought I had a new cartridge but couldn't find it....so ordered some...it will be here Wednesday. I do visual....

I had some Little smokies for lunch and they were really good. I was mad at myself for wasting my turkey bacon. It said use by Sept. 12 and here it went bad more than a month before that date! It went in the trash. I should have split it up and froze half when I got it I suppose and will next time.

I'm still getting deliveries done but hope to be able to get about and drive b the 15th. I need to get labs done that day and have appointments the 17th, 21st and 28th. Praying for strength and stability.

I need to refill my water mug and will hunker down and watch some TV. Have a good evening all...Love and prayers!
  • kzrkzr
    kzrkzr Posts: 83 Member
    Ok ...so I fell off the weight loss train a bit! I let my emotions from my mom's last visit...trigger some emotional eating...ugh... She only came because my aunt wanted to see my garden...so funny...She said I want to see your garden...what about me LOL... anyway...I'm back on...and excited to see some fat melt away
    hugs and prayers
  • bren5535
    Missy, I am so very sorry that this is still an ongoing, painful circumstance in your life. Unless God intervenes, they will never understand or care that they have always and continue to... hurt you. You are so loving, giving and caring that God is evident in your life, despite the "family" dynamics....of life. You have definitely grown "above your raisings"....in spite of hardship and sorrow. Hugs....

I got up at 2:20 AM....was aiming for 4:30.....my hands and feet are very chilly. I'll feed my cats and put some coffee on in a few minutes. My FBS is 97 at the moment so I will have breakfast for sure.

Somebody here decided Cheat-O's and diet Dr. Pepper were lunch yesterday and a half a bar of dark chocolate....and the spike was so bad that I skipped dinner...."Somebody" needs to stop messing around up in here. I've been sowing to the flesh and now reaping what I've sown...will seek a course correction today.
  • Restfinder
    Who snuck into your house and put those nasty things in your cupboard!? LOL! Lesson learned?

Missy, so good to see you again! Sorry Mom is just not getting the message. You know my family dynamic was the same and I eventually had to give them a choice - they chose their bad attitudes rather than me - that hurts, but I'm not the one who will suffer for that decision, they are. I am following Jesus and doing what He wants me to do - I feel sorry for them because they have been deceived and are living in darkness. Kind of turns the tables for me! I hope that one day your Mom will see how wrong she is, because she is the one who will suffer the most if she doesn't. Welcome back on the track!

I am still at that 234-235 range! I really need to wrap my legs, but it is just too how. Every time I try I just rip the wraps off - even in the air-conditioned house.

I hope that y'all have a great day. Hope you are able to go to your Bible Study this evening, I'm looking forward to ours.

Oh, Bren, at least three people in our church had the sore throat thingy that is going around! It takes about a week to get over it. Hope that isn't your case, but if it is, you aren't alone! LOL! Wow, that helps!

Love y'all.
  • Marilynsretired
    8s3jx1yad9b9.jpg