Daily Chats and Encouragements

Replies

• Restfinder
    Restfinder Posts: 2,552 Member
    I'm not a picture-taker, but Wade is! I think that I get into the moment and just don't think to take a picture of it! LOL!

Wade's eyes were 20/20 for his distance vision this morning! Woohoo. He'll go back in three weeks and have his near vision checked so he'll know what kind of readers to get. He has a pair right now, I think they are 2.0. Mine are at 2.5 right now. I'd bought a couple pair of 2.25, but I can tell that I strain a bit with those. I ordered some 2.5 to read in at night and then to use with my Kindles while I'm watching TV and playing games. The area in my bifocals is small and I keep ending up looking outside of that area as I scan with my eyes and I think that is what is causing my morning headaches! Hope this works. I found a set of four that end up being around $4.5 a pair.

Hope you ladies continue to do well. Love you
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,588 Member
    zdct2d0c84ss.jpg
  • connierandel
    connierandel Posts: 1,809 Member
    I was so far behind with you ladies that I didn't even go back and read everything to catch up! I am struggling with my diet with trying to cook with all of the dietary restrictions for my husband and BIL. My "diet" just goes by the wayside. I do 16/8 intermittent fasting and am good with that, and have been doing a good job with cutting out sugar except one day a week. I need to find a way to get exercise in the same room as my hubby. His Alzheimer's is declining and his knee has become so painful that he is wheelchair bound. We are getting by and I am doing the best that I can to keep him at home. So far, we are doing fairly well. He is in Palliative Care and the nurses that I can call have been AMAZING!

Hope that you all are doing well. I will try to check in more often.
  • Marilynsretired
    n8gu2naro8yj.jpg
  • Restfinder
    My heart goes out to you, Connie! You are so strong! I know it doesn't always feel like it, but you really are. I appreciate whenever you are able to share here but understand when you can't!

Doing pretty good. I'm trying to keep my feet up so the swelling isn't as bad. My tummy has calmed down but am still congested in my head, although not as dizzy. Am looking forward to being in worship tonight since I missed being in service on Sunday, although I did get to Zoom the services.

Love y'all.
  • bren5535
    bren5535 Posts: 874 Member
    Hello Connie! Same as Kim said. Prayers for strength and provision each day....Kim, hope you're feeling better today. Marilyn...continued prayers for you in your journey...and Missy....for you in yours as well.
    May God bless us and hold us close in this new day...96pqq15dmpcs.jpg
  • Restfinder
    Great verse, thanks, Bren!

I ordered some reading glasses of the correct strength (this time) and am going to try those and see if I can reduce the headaches. I think that I'm straining to see past all of my floater stuff and when I read the area is so small it's hard to stay in the lines, so I am stressing my eyes. Lord willing this will help!

Good time at Bible Study last night. We have been studying the terms for Salvation, the steps of salvation, the steps of grace we need in our walk with Christ. Very interesting. Our pastor is focusing on the young people as well, getting them to answer the questions and they do really well. In these last days we need to grow in our walk quickly because there are a lot of people out there who don't know Jesus or have a wishy-washy relationship with Him, and we need to be His witnesses more than ever!

I love y'all. You are in my prayers - even at 2 in the morning when I wake up and am not sure why I did, so I pray for y'all and my church family! Love you!
  • Marilynsretired
    yhfqllc2jdhd.jpg
  • kzrkzr
    kzrkzr Posts: 83 Member
    I posted about the type of flower...but I do not see it...so let's try this again lol
    It is called dianthus. I have red and pink ones this year...mostly pink~they smell soooo good! Say hello to my juvenile mockingbird! They have the sweetest song!
    5bgvho11p3z9.jpg
  • Marilynsretired
    yfa91u2gnh52.jpg
  • Restfinder
    Beautiful flower! Cute mocking bird! We have a few that stick around the house and eat the little tomatoes and the figs! We got a lot of figs off of the trees and then left some for the birds. I keep trying to get that mocking bird to mock me, but to no avail! I whistle a tune, he *kitten* his head and then flies away! LOL!

We did have a bear out in the woods behind our house the other night. Both neighbors have trail cams and each one picked him up. He ate about 40 pounds of deer food that our neighbor put out for the deer! He has it in a huge vat on a stand and the bear knocked the stand over and ate the food! Little piggy! Just so long as he stays in the woods.

I found out today, at the doctor's office, that their scale is five pounds under my scale. Before I left I got on my scale with everything that I was wearing and would be standing on their scale with, and it was about 5.5 pounds less than my scale, so I am around 234 Actually! Woohoo!
  • bren5535
    That's a good thing, Kim! LOL My Dr.'s office is about 3 more than mine at home....You're leaving me in the dust back here.

I Played in the freezer briefly yesterday....scraping ice down, sorting some. I have about 2 more runs at it to finish. I can't reach the bottom so have never defrosted and really cleaned it since I've had it. I had hoped to do that this year, after using my stash and clearing it out but that never happened...yet.

Figs: I remember a big fig tree at our house in the country when I was 8...I never cared for them so the birds could have them all. Same for the persimmons on that tree at the house we moved from. Now peaches...oh yes....those I loved, but that was way later in 1977-78 when I was married to the maniac and lived in town. I have many "food related" memories.

Things I envy....lovely hair, a thinner, healthier body and fresh garden produce....that's all that comes to mind at the moment. My gratitude list is boundless. God is so good. Have a lovely day Ladies....be blessed best where most needed. Love you all....
  • Restfinder
    I just looked at my previous post - *kitten*??? He *kitten* (can be construed as a bad word, but I meant "tilted his head" people!) his head! Where did *kitten* come from?? I think it was their way of keeping it "clean" although the word wasn't bad!

Wow, what a terrible night's sleep last night! I finally fell off at about 2 in the morning, so a bit sleepy today! LOL!

I hope y'all have a lovely weekend. Can't wait to worship tomorrow!
  • Marilynsretired
    bb6fvcqkjc05.jpg
  • Marilynsretired
    qz29fk91ude4.jpg
  • Restfinder
    So true, Marilyn! Funny - those bags are so hard to get open! Kind of like my garbage bags at home!

I'm at 234-235. I'm calling it 235! Had some date nut roll that we made over the weekend - oh so good. Mom's recipe - super easy to make, but it made three rolls - yikes. Two are in the freezer. Basically, it's graham crackers, marshmallows, evaporated milk, chopped dates, and chopped nuts. You melt the marshmallows in the milk, then chop dates and nuts and crush the graham crackers, mix it all together then form it into a roll - that was the fun part! LOL!

I'm going to research these headaches and try to figure out what is going on. Had another one this morning and the meds have made me very tired!

Praying for y'all. Love you. Stay very close to Jesus in these last days!
  • Marilynsretired
    zcq5a74fldtg.jpg
  • Marilynsretired
    rvb2mqkmi5d9.jpg
  • Restfinder
    That would be me on the pier!

Having quite a bit of leg pain from the SI joint today. I have over 3,000 steps today which is more than my back can handle. There were times when we were out shopping that I honestly wished we had the travel chair we had gotten for mom! LOL! Pitiful!

I hope you ladies are doing well. Jesus knows, and He knows what we need when we need it - glory, what a comfort!
  • bren5535
    edited August 2023
    Yes it IS a comfort, Kim...in any and all circumstances He walks with us and often carries us thru. That song I can't even walk...without You holding my hand is literal fact!

Yesterday, I managed in increments, to sort my fridge at last...I'd done the freezer a couple days before, scraping down ice, semi-sorting and bringing older veggies towards the top to use first. I may have to hire out the job of defrosting/cleaning if I ever get it empty...I can't reach the bottom.
    I was sad to have to toss produce that I'd bought with good intentions. I was up and active way more than normal so paid the Piper his due all afternoon. The pain was great....but God is greater!

I got a rotisserie chicken for the first time in over a year, more fruit and salad and they missed getting my cantaloupe picked. I was looking forward to it, too. I did get blackberries, strawberries and 3 apples tho.

My stats today are 238.4, 140/77/65 and FBS 104...I had a low at midnight of 67 so had an orange juice with 23 carbs, and got stable fairly quick.

Lunch was some chicken with squash/onion in the air fryer and a bowl of berries...dinner...more chicken, a salad bowl and a SF Jell-O. I took too much insulin for the amount of carbs and that caused the drop. I'm glad I had the OJ handy as that's a quick fix.

I hear you on the chair thing! My Mom had a nice rolling walker/seat thing and I left it behind. She may have used it twice. My brother sold it and her power chair thing. My walker is a plain Jane one but will do if I need it and I keep a cane in the car for outings and have one here as well that I use every day.

I have coffee ready so will grab a cup and plan my day...Be blessed all...love and prayers....