Daily Chats and Encouragements

Replies

• bren5535
    bren5535 Posts: 873 Member
    edited June 2023
    That's a good report Kim. You have to work so hard.
    I've been having some issues the past 2 weeks with dizziness and instability that really affects my walking and driving. Not sure what's going on....I'll google things.

I need to get my shower chair set in the tub. Being so weak and unstable...it scares me to get in there.

I got sick yesterday...woke after a nap with glucose of 69...had a yogurt and stabilized....was chilled for several hours.

Today's stats:
    130/75 66
  • Restfinder
    Restfinder Posts: 2,552 Member
    Amen! to the picture, Marilyn. He is all my strength and my hope!

I was able to trim up the tomatoes a bit. We lost a few, but they were hanging all over the walking path, so they had to go. I found an extra string and was able to tie up another vine that was hanging low - woohoo!

Weight's the same today. I'll re-wrap my legs this morning since they are slipping a little bit again! Yeah.
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,588 Member
    n3v0h0tmpuvn.jpg
  • Restfinder
    Not a nice word, but it's overall true. Moderation and being careful are my watchwords for those things. We can't always help getting some of it, but we don't have to make a habit of it.

Keeping my leg bandages on. Haven't lost any more weight, but haven't gained any new weight despite not eating great! Will try to do better today!
  • kzrkzr
    kzrkzr Posts: 83 Member
    I'm down 7 pounds! Still losing inches! Thank God!
    I go to doc Monday for diabetes physical...I have not been in almost a year.
    Not sure if ya'll know but a blackout is coming...I would suggest getting your money out of the bank and have at least 2 weeks of food and water. The internet will be going down.
    EBS\EAS will explain.
    Love, hugs, and prayers
  • Marilynsretired
    exwkhtfup4fh.jpg
  • bren5535
    Good reports, ladies. Wow...7 pounds is awesome!

My stats today:
    119/67 62

I got sick last night. Have been having the vertigo for over a week now...it started with a sensitivity to noise...last night was the worst yet with the nausea/vomiting....like my Meniere's attacks. the last time I had this issue was when I had my last heart attack at the office and that was horrid....and very scary. That was in February, 2017. I've formed the habit of wearing my alarm thing....and using my furniture as points of stability. Praying this passes quickly.

I got my account set at Walgreens for delivery, and used that and have a grocery order to be delivered today. I am so thankful it's available. It's worth the cost...when I can't walk/drive....

I have 2 appointments for the 23/24....and pray I am stable by then. If not, I will reschedule for sure. I see my cardiologist in October...so surely by then this will resolve itself.

Enjoy your weekend....Love and prayers for us all...
  • Restfinder
    It might not be a bad idea to let your cardiologist know that you are having these symptoms, Bren! If they are similar to your last heart attack... I know, you don't want to go to the hospital, but she may also be able to reassure you or give you something to help. Praying, sister.

Woohoo, Missy, that is awesome! Praise the Lord! Thanks for the heads up too! We have quite a bit stored because of the Covid restrictions and losses.

Doing well. Having less trouble with my legs since wearing my wraps every day. I have the compression garment on today, but will wrap my legs again in the morning.

I was at 239 this morning. You've caught me again, Bren! Good for you!
  • Marilynsretired
    fj754t3qllji.jpg
  • kzrkzr
    kzrkzr Posts: 83 Member
    7.8 pounds lost/ my hubby has lost 8.4...he's beating me...I gotta do better lol
    It's nice to have someone to do it with...I love the competition.
    Gotta get healthy. Enjoy your weekend
    ate5pls9nmaw.jpg

• bren5535
    So beautiful! My Mama loved roses. I do as well...each color has their own fragrance, like the birds are given their own song.

Marilyn...all my "people" are cyber friends so I stay close virtually...in prayer and long for a frind or few to have coffee with...or someone who will come help me clean!

I will let them know, Kim. I thought my cardiologist visit was in October but it's in August. I made a note for all 3 of them, pertaining to the fall that triggered this vertigo run. I am SO thankful to feel much better today....after the nausea round Friday night...and glad it's not heart related. Totally a Meniere's move.

I had groceries delivered yesterday as I was craving my salads and I got grapes, 3 apples and strawberries too. It's plumb delicious. I need to do up some salads of my own...now that I have the goods. It's been awhile since I did any prep work.
    I have my chore list to poke at in my short intervals. I need to get trash out...vacuum, clean the bathroom and take good care of me today.

Breakfast was grapes, 3 strawberries and 2 oz. of cheddar cheese. It was lovely and delicious. My FB was 146...so much better than the long time high 200's and over.

Missy, let us know how your appointment goes. If I had my way, I'd see mine when I "needed" to! We know I never "want" to go.

Be blessed best where most needed today....love you all. Thanks for prayers in my behalf.s554cgyto3sc.jpg
  • Marilynsretired
    8bfnovcndvtq.jpg
  • Restfinder
    OOO, beautiful roses! I love the yellow climbing ones. I need to check my plants our front and give them a watering this evening. I've been having breathing problems (not bad, but have trouble now and again catching my breath), I think it's from the haze and humidity. I almost didn't go to worship last night, but decided I didn't feel bad enough to stay home and I felt great through the entire service, no problems at all - God is so very good!

I saw I have an appointment with my NP this month sometime. I need to check with them to make sure, but it's just a six-month check-in. We aren't doing anything big until I get on medicare, then we'll have some things checked out (mammogram, etc...) I'll make sure she knows about the diverticulitis attack, that will probably mean a CT scan at some point as well. Right now there isn't medical proof that it was diverticulitis, but it follows all of the symptoms for that, so the PA treated it like that! LOL!

Have an awesome day, y'all. Keep up the good work, Missy. You're doing so well! Hubby too!
  • Marilynsretired
    06jjtwnc0fpa.jpg
  • Restfinder
    I've noticed that if I'm feeling "off", a smile really helps!

I hope that y'all are able to have a happy fourth of July (well, I guess you don't celebrate the 4th up in Canada, Marilyn! so I hope you have a very happy day! Love y'all.
  • Marilynsretired
    jjahuafmqmhq.jpg
  • bren5535
    I'm still having some vertigo issues but it could be worse, I know.

I got some chores done Mon/Tue so am picking at a few things today...hoping maintenance comes and puts bulbs in my ceiling fan...the darkness is distressing in there. lighting is awful in apartments. I do have one lamp by my study spot so that helps but I really need light in the bedroom/computer area and the kitchen. I might be more inclined to work/play in there with good light?
    I need to do up my salad add-ins...I'll see if I can get that done today. I can't stand long for hacking, dicing, chopping and slicing but a lot can be done, sitting.

Today's stats:
    129/72 67

I had 2 days of FBS over 200...because I ate all the Cheetos and Ghirardelli's dark chocolates...oh so delicious! I can't be trusted with them....so need to leave them at the store.

I did a Wal-Mart order, was trying to set up for delivery and it didn't work tho it shows "you have a 30 day free trial"....yet it made the order for pick up...and it can't be changed to delivery. Oh well. I'll mosey out there tomorrow.
    I have my Tylenol, fish oil, Claritin on order...and more salad goods....and other thingies...so pray for safety...for myself and others on the streets.

Have a blessed day, Ladies...Love you all!
  • Restfinder
    Bren, Connie put up this post on my other team: There is a program through Walmart that you pay $99 a year for free deliveries on groceries. For another $40 a year they are "tipless", will actually deliver inside if you want, free Paramount Plus streaming and discounts on other things, plus free shipping on most Walmart merchandise with no minimum. The Scribd subscription discount was part of that...but I can gift free 60 day Scribd trials even when I am using a trial.

I figured for less than $12 a month having groceries delivered so I don't have to leave Bill that it was worth it. Having groceries delivered here is 7.95 plus a tip.

I went to Walmart.com and this popped up: Become a member to save with Walmart Rewards, shipping & more!
    Unlock over $1,000 in Walmart Rewards*
    Save on shipping fees & get orders fast
    Same low price as in stores – no item markups
    *Reward quantities & eligible items are limited & subject to change.
    It is $12.95/mo after your free 30-day trial.

I'm so sorry that you are still having a problem with dizziness. Are you using your walker or cane? Still praying, sweetie-greens! I'm still quite fatigued during the day and awake at night. I think I need to start taking my adrenal gland supplement more consistently. I put another brand on my Subscribe and Save for next month.

Wow, summer has hit hard this year. Humidity and heat are very high. I'm okay with my breathing as long as I'm inside, but as soon as I get outside I feel like I can't get enough air.

I ordered a rain jacket yesterday from Kohl's. We had a bunch of Kohl's Cash. I can't believe how expensive their stuff is. After using Kohl's Cash, I still probably paid what I would have paid the regular price at Walmart. Hopefully, it's a better product! I have a Spring/Fall hoodie, but it doesn't help when we have rain. I just usually go without anything and get damp! LOL! We had a bunch of thunder last night but it didn't rain.

OOO, we have a couple of little watermelons on our vines. Yeehaw. The tomatoes are starting to ripen. We aren't getting many zucchini, we have squash beetles and they killed one of the vines for sure and the others look infested too. We never had a problem with them before, so this is a bummer! The okra is looking good and we've already had some peppers off of those plants. Praise the Lord! I'm excited to see what the potatoes did. You plant them shallow, then as they grow you keep adding dirt on top of them. We added the dirt to the top of the grow bags and are waiting for the tops to die back so we can dump them out and see what we got! They look like they've done really good. The sweet potato slips are also looking good, so hopefully there are some sweet potatoes growing under there. We also have some onions. We picked a couple of scraggly ones where we wanted to remove some dirt from the bed and they had small onions on them, so I'm hopeful we'll get a few more!

Y'all have an awesome day. Love you
  • Marilynsretired
    xqgj59eav2el.jpg
  • bren5535
    That's what I was interested in...the free 30 day trial, then $98 for a year....It would be worth it to me if I can get it set up and user friendly. I cancelled tomorrow's order, due to the dizziness and will try again maybe Friday, to do another and get delivery? I've cancelled orders in the past, due to my foot issues...and these days, just getting things from my car inside and put away, I have to take a couple of breaks for my back pain. thanks for passing on Connie's tip.

Gardens: Once, in Alabama when hubby and I had planted an awesome spread....we had bonus taters from the last garden there, and that was a primo spot with dark, rich soil. What memories I have. My husband was a maniac but he could turn/plant an awesome garden. So cold number two, tho he wasn't a maniac.