Daily Chats and Encouragements

Replies

• kzrkzr
    kzrkzr Posts: 83 Member

We enjoyed the ocean! We had a great time! Plan to go back soon. I've tried posting pics..and it will not post for some reason. Keep praying for my daughter and son please. Thank you! Love and hugs!
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,588 Member
    rt4kdhl7x8bx.jpg
  • bren5535
    bren5535 Posts: 874 Member
    edited October 2023
    Good morning Ladies!
    I've been down for several days and am finally up at my normal hour tho last night's rest was still broken. My right foot went south and that has me hobbled. I will strive to get some home chores done today.

Marilyn, I am so very sorry that the arm surgery has to be redone! Continued prayers for you in your journey.

Same for you and your kids, Missy! There is never a "convenient" time to be sick and I am praying the biopsy will show nothing of concern for your girl. God has us all in His tender care and nothing escapes His attention.

Kim....even I....miss my greenery at times! LOL...Ideally, I'd have had a side of greens and Pico with those awesome beans! My energy levels have been around a 2 on my scale of 1-5 so there's that. Those beans and cornbread filled a void and not just my belly...as it's been a long time since I had that!

I hope all is well at your spot and home improvements are moving along nicely! It will be beautiful and you will enjoy the changes i am sure.

I need to catch my charts up and get my To Do list started. I'm feeling better and am so thankful for this new day.

Prayers for all of us here....be blessed best where most needed.

Today's stats:
    144/80 61 (oops)
  • Marilynsretired
    wgaar531k8p8.jpg
  • kzrkzr
    edited October 2023
    Thank ya'll for the prayers! Keeping you all in my prayers too! I go tomorrow for my 3 month diabetes check in...not sure my a1 will be the greatest...I pray it is not too bad...I have been having a bit of emotional eating due to things going on ...but getting back on track...I have started my walking back...
    walked 1.4 miles

One day at a time...Sweet Jesus <3
  • Marilynsretired
    sory622s89ik.jpg
  • Marilynsretired
    yc1ux2gg2low.jpg
  • Restfinder
    Restfinder Posts: 2,552 Member
    Missy, your family is in my prayers! I'm glad you are able to begin walking again! Your pictures were so beautiful - are you able to walk in those areas again?

Bren, so glad you are up and going again, even if it is in first gear! Wade was looking at a motorized scooter the other day for when we go out shopping and I thought of you - would something like those little scooters work in your apartment?

I've got my leg wraps on today. I really need to have something on every day. My weight isn't going down even though I have improved my eating. I think I'm not keeping up with the weight gain from the lymphedema and lipedema. At least I am maintaining, which I think means I am losing some weight that isn't from the Lymphedema/lipedema. I did have a bad headache this morning that made me sick, but Jesus touched and it didn't last long - just feeling puny from the headache and meds. Praise the Lord my back didn't hurt today like it was yesterday! Such an awesome mercy!

Bren, the kitchen and bath are now done! Well, Wade still needs to make my step so I can get into the tub to take a shower, but I have alternatives until he is able to take care of that! Everything looks so pretty and more up-to-date. I have such a wonderful husband, he's such a handy guy!

Love y'all.

• Restfinder
    Here are the pictures of my kitchen and vanity!
    xc25ujzs9xmm.jpg
    6uiu19u3vuds.jpg
  • Marilynsretired
    4idg096avc7y.jpg
  • bren5535
    bren5535 Posts: 874 Member
    edited October 2023
    Wow! Those look great, Kim! You guys did such good work!

No, a scooter is beyond me...space wise. I have my walker and my cane in here and I keep a cane in the car for the times I have to venture out.

I have a pot of chicken veggie soup on...It's not a huge pot so no need to freeze some. I'll have it for lunch/dinner for 2-3 days. I'll do up some salad bowls, cucumber salad and am thinking of tuna or chicken salad as well. Simple and light is the game plan. Of course when I have no kale on hand...I am wanting it! Been thinking of my yummy kale and eggs....as well as salad.

My one week average FBS is 115....hooya! My BP has been really good the past two days...and my weight is 235.

I have a Wal-Mart order coming at 1-2....and I will be ready for a nice nap once I get things tucked away. I had laundry picked up this week and am glad to have that done for a couple of months.

Wishing you all a blessed and restful day....Love and prayers~

I will have kale on my next shopping list for this and then some!xe4w9i8d96l1.jpg
  • Restfinder
    That pot of kale and eggs looks just like you, Bren. Thanks, Wade worked hard! Lots of savings doing it ourselves - well, himself! LOL!
  • Marilynsretired
    bzn12pspd3y4.jpg
  • Restfinder
    Psa 37:23-24  The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD, And He delights in his way.  24  Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand. 
    Fall can mean sin, but it also means failure or struggling in something. We aren't cast down when we immediately ask the Lord for forgiveness for sin, or ask Him for deliverance and strength when we are going through struggles. This was part of our worship service on Wednesday night! What a comforting assurance that we are in God's hands!

Well, I stepped on the scale a few minutes ago and was down three pounds. I had wrapped my legs and arms yesterday, so that is all probably lymphatic fluid! I am going to have to do better about wrapping myself. This summer I tried a couple of times but just got too hot. I can do better this Fall!

Ooo, I got a new plant. It isn't exactly like the plant that I really liked in my yard in Hickory, but it's close.
    It's a Poukhanense azalea or rhododendron. 857lbioljhcx.jpg
    This isn't what it looks like right now, but hopefully will next Spring.
  • Marilynsretired
    itgvp31qdd9i.jpg
  • Restfinder
    Wow, yesterday was rough. I think everything went South at the same time - very likely the cold front that came through triggered stuff. Feeling better today. My back is still sore, but my legs feel good, and no headache. God is so very good!

Hope y'all are doing well. Love you
  • Marilynsretired
    sl6e77lxwbyy.jpg
  • Marilynsretired
    cputeztqv2p7.jpg
  • Restfinder
    Having a rough week. Sunday I had quite a bit of pain in my legs, back, and knees. Was good on Monday. Went shopping on Tuesday and my upper thighs started hurting again, my right SI hasn't stopped hurting, and then for about 30 minutes from my elbows into my hands hurt! Not sure what is going on. I did get around 3,000 steps yesterday and I know that that will cause pain in my legs and SI joint. I've also been very tired, taking naps when I don't usually do that. Please pray for me, I'm not sure what to do to help it.

Love y'all. You are in my thoughts and prayers, especially in these days.
  • kzrkzr
    Nice flower Kim! Yes, I still walk at my favorite trail right by home.
    1.3 miles every day this week...I plan on 1.5 tod ay!
    Please continue to pray for my baby girl. The ultrasound came back normal on thyroid. Thank God.
    They seem to think it is a muscle injury/inflammation. (from the horrific wreck) I think I told ya'll about that. A guy ran a red light and side swiped her causing her vehicle to flip several times. I am so thankful to this day...that God saved her!!!!!
    I am fasting 18 hours/eating one low-carb meal. I have lost 4lbs in 2days! I hope to lose 10 before I leave for the ocean next week. Going down again.... with our son this time. So excited!
    oshll8yjtj0x.jpg
    qa3ueddwu3jn.jpgm7rml0hd4o2v.jpg

xnsnmmw0ur0g.jpg
    jp1jfpe36rn8.jpg