Chat Room

Replies

• stiggymt
    stiggymt Posts: 1,111 Member
    Good evening,

You're probably right about listening to my body. I just have so much drive to get steps in. If I walk stiff legged (knee straight) it feels better when walking. I still want my knee muscles to be strong if I have a knee replacement. The first few steps are the most painful. The hardest thing I do now is getting off the toilet. I have a counter to hang onto with one hand, but only the wall onother side. Mo way to avoid that.

20 days before I see the orthopedic doctor.
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,635 Member
    Good Evening Everyone!

As you have a wall on one side is there space to add a bar to help you get up?

Son is still coughing but wearing a mask at work. Not sure how my sister and her boyfriend are doing as I haven't talked to them.

Today was another productive and busy day thanks to the snow. Completed all workouts, studied, did dishes, laundry, shoveled snow for 2 properties, and played cards with Hubby. Still need to get some decluttering done today.
  • stiggymt
    Good evening

We'll see what the Dr says on the 29th. 19 more days.

Have you been looking into the history of Esther Manz at TOPS? She must have been really inspiring to know.

I saw doctor about my MRI on my lower back. The doctor says there's moderate to severe damage on the lower back. I'm going to get steroid injection next month for that. Nothing like the whole body going to pot at once. lol

Off to do some exercises.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

No we haven't done that yet. On my program weeks we have been covering balanced eating. I think I will do that one next. We still have time. Is your group participating in the 75th Anniversary challenge?

Today has been mostly sunny. Had a more relaxed day today. But still got , my exercise done, did dishes, laundry, studied and read my bookclub book. Also played cards with Hubby. Need to still do some decluttering somewhere, but maybe not today.
  • stiggymt
    Good evening

This is a snowy day! It's been blah type day. Other that shoveling off our steps and walk and getting the mail, i haven't been out of the house. I'm so ready for the warm days of Spring.

We're doing a Diamond Challenge, but I think that is something that Montana is doing.

• CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

It might be the same challenge. There's a list of 25 things to do and you only have to do 20 I think.

Today has been a nice relaxed day. Studied, went to church via walking, did my exercises and played cards with Hubby. Also need to do dishes, laundry, and finish reading the chapters for my bookclub.

Logged in to my school account to look at something and noticed that my next course materials have been shipped and I have still not received them. It's only supposed to take 10 business days. Gotta love Canada Post sometimes. Sent the school an email about it and waiting for a response. I hope it comes soon as I am almost done with the material I have. I don't want to have to take a break and lose momentum.
  • stiggymt
    Good afternoon

I thought I would check in early because I won't have time later.

I feel so blah. I'm not sure if it's because of day light savings time change or this yucky weather. Probably both.

I went to church this morning. Then we went out to eat. That seams to be our normal Sunday.

My knee is doing better. It still hurts but I think the exercises I'm doing is helping. At least it's not a killer to get off the toilet. lol. At one time I almost needed someone to give me a hand. I don't like that feeling. 17 days until I see the doctor about it.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

Snow all day again but no work as it's not sticking to sidewalks. Completed all exercise, studied, did laundry and dishes. Also organized one of my kitchen cabinets and played cards with Hubby. Heard back from school. It was delivered on February 24 according to the tracking number. I was home that day when it was apparently delivered. So I contacted Canada Post and was informed that since it has been more than 3 days since delivery the sender has to start the investigation with Canada Post. Messaged the school back and informed them of this. Waiting for a response.
  • stiggymt
    Good evening.

Today has been quite a day. I got a call from a woman that wants to join TOPS, but has no money for membership. I told her if she really wanted to join. I'd see if I could find some sponsors. In the mean time, I'll see if she likes it.

I also made a couple calls making appointments for Robert. Mary has an appointment tomorrow with the surgeon that did her surgery. Other than easily tired, she's doing well.
  • stiggymt
    I forgot to say, I hope you get it straightened out soon about your books.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today is sunny but cold. Last night it snowed so I had a dusting to clean and then salt as it was a little icy underneath. That was around 8 am and my fingers froze even with gloves on. Oh well more money in my pocket. Went to TOPS. Gained 3.5 lbs. I know where the struggles were and am working on fixing it. Also today I also had a moment of being honest with myself. You see when Hubby hurt his hand I was using it as an excuse not to play Wii sports and march. He was willing to play the whole time with the opposite hand. Well that excuse stopped today and we played. Felt good to do that instead of playing cards. I need the extra exercise as we're partying at our friends Thursday for her heaven bound Hubby's birthday, and Friday for St. Patrick's day. Also got word from school that they have started the investigation with Canada Post. Otherwise I have no clue what's going to happen with my course. Waiting for a response about that.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been sunny and chilly. Also very busy. Did all exercise, studied, dishes, walked to the bank, liquor store, and grocery store, made 4 boxes of jello into jello shots, and played Wii sports with Hubby. Lots of steps today. Once I finish my studies I have here I am at a standstill. Not completely happy but will be able to use the time to work on other things. Tomorrow is planned and will be fun I am sure as always. Most likely will not check in till Friday or Saturday.
  • stiggymt
    Good afternoon,

This has been quite a week! On Tuesday, I took someone to the grocery store and got a few groceries. On the way back to the car I slipped on some ice. I twisted the knee that's been giving me fits. After I got up (whi h was difficult), I was surprised that the knee wasn't hurting any worse than it has been.

After that I took Mary to Missoula for the doctor that did surgery on her. He was pleased with her progress. He said it would take awhile for her to get her strength back, which is what I've been telling her. Her body has been through a lot in the last few months.

Then to Walmart for her monthly shopping. My knee did well through all this.

Yesterday, at TOPS I had another small gain. We did our usual walking. We had a new member and she walked with her. Before walking, I told her not to do too much and she stopped before she got over tired. She was huffing, so she did get a workout. All through this, my knee was fine. After I got home, I walked to the grocery store which is only a block. On the way home, my knee started hurting. It's been escalating since then.

We are in Missoula for a doctor appointment for my neck. I might swing around to the Bone and Joint. They have an urgent care. I'm having problems walking today.
  • stiggymt
    We swung around to the bone and joint. I got exhausted. I sprained the knee when I slipped on the ice. There is also some bone spurs, arthritis, and and a little thinning. So now I have a compression sock on my knee and will ice it.

Darn the ice!
  • stiggymt
    Good evening

Another day of a lot of sitting around. I this this is worse than a knee replacement!
  • stiggymt
    Good afternoon

My knee is doing better. At least I can walk around as long as I watch every step, and walk with a straight leg. The compression sock seems to help. I also ice the back of the knee.

I start my PT next Thursday, but not with my favorite therapist. He slipped on the ice and broke his hand. I hope it heals good.
  • stiggymt
    Connie, I hope everything is ook with you.
  • stiggymt
    I lost 1.6 pounds at TOPS. I tied for Loser of the Week.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

So glad Mary is doing so well. Congrats on your loss this week. I hope all gets taken care of for your knee.

I am trying to figure out what we can do as a challenge in our closed Fitbit group to keep us going when things change.

Sorry I have been MIA. It's been a crazy 7 days. Had a great time partying with my friends Thursday and Friday. Both were very late nights compared to my 9 pm bedtime. Saturday I picked up a job from a client and spent 3 hours scraping plaster off the cement floor. Was in a lot of pain for days. Monday my Son came and spent the night. Tuesday was TOPS and weigh day. Gained 2 lbs. Not good but definitely not as bad as I thought it would be. Was supposed to go scrape more plaster off floors Tuesday afternoon but the client didn't even tell me he got called out of town on the weekend and won't be back for a week. Also had a meeting Tuesday night. So that was another late night. Wednesday worked on getting my chores caught up. Today more chores and exercise. Also played Wii sports with Hubby.
  • stiggymt
    Good evening,

I've been missing you.

I had PT this morning. This was the first one, so there was more evaluation than PT. She used a Tinz (spelling???) with electrical pulse into my knee to massage deep down. Hopefully it'll feel better tomorrow. The therapist thinks there is a torn meniscus, that's on top of the Baker's Cyst. I really messed up that knee. The only way to tell if the meniscus is torn is to have a MRI, but I can't get that until I have at least a month of PT. I see the Dr next week, so I got a head start on the PT.