Chat Room

Replies

• stiggymt
    stiggymt Posts: 1,111 Member
    Good evening

The Easter Egg Hunt went well this afternoon. Lots of kids! We also gave the original Easter story.

Each day my knee feels better. I have just a slight limp. Each step still has a little pain, but it's not the sharp pain that I had.
  • stiggymt
    Good evening

It's been mostly a lazy day at home. The temperature got up to 79 degrees F. today. I washed a blanket and hung it on the line today. It didn't take long to dry. Tomorrow I have PT. My knee is still improving..
  • stiggymt
    Good evening,

PT went well this morning. Therapist was impressed at how well I was doing. Tomorrow is TOPS. I hope your TOPS went well today
  • stiggymt
    Good evening,

TOPS this morning. I was Loser of the Week. I was able to do the walk at TOPS also. Next week out chapter advocate will be visiting our chapter.

Tomorrow, I have PT again. No word about the MRI. It'll probably be next week before I hear when I see the doctor.
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,635 Member
    Good Evening Everyone!

Sorry I have been MIA. It's been crazy around here and will be for the rest of the week.

I am glad your knee is feeling better. Congrats on your loss at TOPS!

Had a great Easter with my Son, Hubby and friends. Have been really enjoying the summer like weather we are having. Downfall is that the apartment gets really hot when making dinner. Air conditioner is still in storage. Stayed the same on the scale this week.
  • stiggymt
    Good evening,

Good to see you again! This has been a busy day for us. Then doctor appointments for both of us. Tomorrow we're going to Missoula.
  • stiggymt
    Good evening.

In case you haven't read it elsewhere, the doctor called this morning with results from MRI. It's a torn meniscus. But that's not all. I have osteoarthritis in the knee. The Dr said he could repair the meniscus and it would buy a little time before I had to have it replaced anyway. So I told him let's get it replaced and get it done with. I see him next Friday, so we'll work out the details then.

In the mean time, I'll work my knee to make it as strong as I can before surgery. I've already been working on that. PT has helped with that.
  • stiggymt
    Good evening,

We've been home most of the day. I did talk Robert to get out and walk this morning. We walked around the block, which is about a third of a mile. It's the first I got out walking.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

I have been crazy busy! But made it through the heat and now back to cold, rain and snow.

I am glad you got answers about your knee. I think you're making the right choice with the knee replacement.

Today ended up being a complete rest day. Just have no energy. Tomorrow is TOPS and weigh day. Will be interesting how I do since Friday we had my friends 60th birthday bash and Sunday was Easter with the family. On Thursday finally got my school books. Now to get back on track. Will try to be more consistent with my daily check-ins.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today was rest, weigh and TOPS day. Gained 1.5 lbs. this week. I am frustrated with myself but I am not giving up. I know I can do this. I just have to figure out how to get myself back to the motivation of the past. My why's have not really changed much in 4 years.
  • stiggymt
    Good evening

7ou just have to get over this hump.

Tomorrow I have TOPS. Right after TOPS I have to scoot off to pt. I think the scales will be nice to me. At least I hope so.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been a mostly great day. Walk and workouts done, studied, did dishes and laundry. Also went to my friends to do my taxes. First an issue with the laptop, then it wouldn't accept my card for payment because the addresses didn't match up exactly. Now will have to go to H&R to get them done. Even though the workers are striking. Oh well have till the end of the month.
  • stiggymt
    Good evening,

Today, I was Loser of the Week with a loss of 1. 4 pounds. So what did I do? I pigged out. lol Tomorrow is a new day.

Right after TOPS. I headed to PT. They gave me a workout! I'm ok with it. I've had a doctor comment about my good legs and a therapist say I have strong legs. I know I'm doing something right. The stronger my legs are, the better my recovery will be after the knee replacement.

Tomorrow, nothing is planned, so I'll catch up on things. Paying bills, catch up on TOPS paperwork. Both shouldn't take long. So then it's cleaning house.
  • stiggymt
    Good evening,

It felt good to stay home all day. Tomorrow is the appointment at the Bone and Joint. I'll know more about my upcoming knee replacement.
  • stiggymt
    Good evening,

I saw the doctor this morning. I'll have surgery the first of June. I said it had to be after June 3, when our grandson graduates from high school.

It's been a wet snowy day with no snow accumulation. I'm getting tired if this weather!
  • stiggymt
    Good evening,

Today has been a lazy day. Malia, our granddaughter, was here for a couple hours. It's cloudy, but no rain or snow today.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

Congrats on your loss!

Have been busy. Went to Church this morning and got some spirit steps in before the service. Planned to go for a walk after but was just to chilly. Got my workouts done. Trying hard with my food choices. Tomorrow I have a dentist appointment, then heading to h&r block to get my taxes done. I know it's not the cheapest way for me but it's only one year and I just want to get them done on time. Then my Son is coming for the night.
  • stiggymt
    Good evening,

We went to church this morning. Afterwards we went out to eat and took Mary with us. This is the first time in several months that she agreed to go with us.
  • stiggymt
    Good evening

It's been a quiet day at home today. So I just mostly puttered around the house. Robert and I had a half mile walk this afternoon after it quit raining.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

I think Mary going with you to eat is a sign she is feeling so much better.

Today has been an interesting day. We had a few snow flakes and it's been cold. Went for my walk this morning, and studied. My dentist appointment was quick to fix a filling that was missing part. Another appointment tomorrow afternoon for another filling. I also stopped in at H&R block. Their prices are crazy. So on Wednesday I will try to figure out how to get my payment to go through or I might have to cally tax friend. After getting home I called my doctor to make an appointment for my shoulder. It's been bothering me for about a month and need to make sure nothing serious is wrong. Well couldn't get in until May 8th. Took the option of booking an appointment with the clinic my Dr. is part of. Sending me for x-rays and ultrasound. She also gave me physio exercises to do since can't afford to go to physio. On my way home my ankle twisted and cracked stepping down to the door on the bus. That's very painful and hoping I didn't do anything serious to it. I have wrapped it and will see how it feels tomorrow. Hoping I can go to TOPS tomorrow. Will depend on if I can put enough weight on it to walk to and from buildings and cars. May have to cancel my dentist appointment tomorrow as well. Great more fees.