Chat room - what's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• Maya440
    Maya440 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    @Curvykinkycurls I remember our first parties as vegetarians. What a pleasant surprise to be able to digest so easily and to feel light even the day after. Love your 2024 goals.

@Marilynsretired just curious about you adding chicken back to your meal (not judgemental, you do as you please of course). Were you missing meat during your 12 days challenge in December ?

On my side, I am on holidays with friends and I eat too much chocolate. I will have to detox a bit when I come back home as I have found out that I get used to eating that much chocolate and then miss it badly (I eat about 20-30g after each meal here).
  • Curvykinkycurls
    Curvykinkycurls Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    @Maya440 what type of chocolate do you like? Before I became dairy free 10 years ago I enjoyed milk chocolate. I don't really enjoy oat milk chocolate too much & it is harder to find & more expensive! So I only have very dark chocolate occasionally now and it's hard to eat a lot of it because it's more bitter than sweet.

I think it helped me lose my sweet tooth!
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,450 Member
    Options
    Re taking back some chicken. I have more days with no animal protein but do have some with a little chicken. As for the 12 day program I did - I enjoyed it but did not lost any weight and was surprised at that. Also found it somewhat difficult to keep all nutrients where they should be as well as protein in order to keep the kidneys working better. I believe it is a good way to eat but difficult for me as I am not one who loves a variety of veggys. As time goes by with the way I am eating now for my kidneys with the increase of veggys I could see then being all in. But till I can get the amount of veggys in without having an IBS attack I need to do what is good for my health as I don't want to be on dialysis at least now yet.

jz9b9cwbce38.jpg
  • Maya440
    Options
    @Maya440 what type of chocolate do you like?

I eat all kinds of chocolate. I am vegetarian not vegan so I do eat those including dairy.
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    stksuj8cbho5.jpg
  • Curvykinkycurls
    Curvykinkycurls Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    @Maya440 My favourite was always Galaxy or Reeces - I would always eat too much! 😋

• Maya440
    Options
    I don't know these. Maybe not available in Europe.

I do like black chocolate 70%. Milk chocolate with caramelized nuts. And even white chocolate which is no chocolate at all ahah.

It was my turn to have an insomnia this night. I finally slept around 4am but was awake at 8am. Because I was tired and there is a lot of snow where I am now, I replaced my run session with a hike but in the snow it was quite hard. I have overeaten a little bit this afternoon on bread and chocolate.
    Tonight is the last holiday evening before we go home. I will probably have a drink, some chips and call it a pass day...
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    8yn9agt3lwu6.jpg
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    o0dshuc4f5a5.jpg
  • Maya440
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone !

In Belgium it is really cold (-5°C) and we had a little bit of snow this morning.
    It is my "Monday without refined sugar". Not easy, I had a lot of cashews but still within my calorie goal.
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    3o2s84c9cjca.jpg
  • henridw2095
    henridw2095 Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday. Here (Chicago), the weather is not so bad right now, but next week we are going to see some winter (down to -20C, not unusual for January here). I have a very nice winter coat from “Save the Duck” :)

I renewed my subscription to a weekly veggie box from a company that sells surplus produce (probably went overboard a bit) and am now thinking about in which order to cook things…mushrooms, bok choy, and kale first I think!

vlls3y2229a3.jpeg
  • Maya440
    Options
    oh that's great !
    OMG -20C !!
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    n6947n6rgq9l.jpg
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    5pbu2fli5ntp.jpg
  • Maya440
    Options
    Hello my friends !

I'm leaving this morning for a 3-day weekend with some friends. It's for my sister-in-law's bachelorette party. It's going to be fun. I hope I'll eat well though, and not come home too tired on Sunday ;)

Diet-wise, I'm not very happy with myself at the moment. I feel tight in my clothes and I snack a lot. I'd like to do better.

I wish you a good weekend. Take good care of yourself!
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    zfl9dl3vby9q.jpg
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    3tiwz304ukub.jpg
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    f23ojjyfiz0q.jpg
  • SparkSpringtime69
    SparkSpringtime69 Posts: 751 Member
    edited January 15
    Options
    @Maya440 , I hope you had a great weekend!
    @henridw2095, that food looks great. I want to see if there's something like that around me this year.
    I haven't been doing so wonderful on the eating front either. Too much stress and boredom snacking - especially boredom! I'm at my BIL's for another week with my hubby and their sister. There is literally nothing to do (we cleaned out the clutter in practically every drawer and closet the last time we were here). BIL has dementia (not too bad yet, but no one wants him living alone) so we're working on cleaning up his home to sell it soon. He'll be staying with their sister for a few months while we get an additional bedroom added to our house, then he can come and permanently live with us.
    Anyway, I can't drive anywhere because there's just one car here for the three of us (we've hidden BIL's keys from him because we don't want him driving). There really isn't much in walking distance, though I did go for a 30-min walk on Friday around the neighborhood just for exercise. Today I want to do some ST, probably push-ups, sit-ups, planks and squats. I really miss my gym and can't wait to get back home next week and get back into a regular exercise routine.
    Sorry to the long-winded post :#