Daily Check In Thread -- 10k+ version

Options

Replies

• PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Last night's TM run sucked. My calves were tight immediately and never loosened up, which is unusual for me. I did run/walk intervals - walk 1/4, run 1, walk 1/4, run 1, walk 1/2, then gratefully quit. I felt tired the entire time.

How are your
    - Carbs
    - Iron
    - Potassium
    - Magnesium

Carbs are good. Iron should be good (I've always tested in the high end of the normal range.) My potassium could be low - I do get calf cramps if I don't eat a banana every day and looking back through the past week or so of my diary my potassium is typically under half of my allotment. I've been taking a magnesium supplement my health food store recommended (for digestive issues), so that should be good.

Maybe take an extra rest day then? Be good to yourself!

(MFP always underestimates potassium, so you're probably good.)

Thanks. That was right after my rest day, and I'm finally ending my light/recovery week, but it might have just been one of those days. Will see how tonight's run goes.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    102rnz4.jpg

These are sooo addictive. My coworker walking group keeps bringing these in for my birthday!

Looks like additional cardio on this rest day for me.

There are 1200 calories in that bag!!!! They are so evil!

Digs through office candy stash looking for Reese's. Thanks Joe!
    :grumble: :tongue: :laugh:
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    Options
    102rnz4.jpg

These are sooo addictive. My coworker walking group keeps bringing these in for my birthday!

Looks like additional cardio on this rest day for me.

There are 1200 calories in that bag!!!! They are so evil!

Digs through office candy stash looking for Reese's. Thanks Joe!
    :grumble: :tongue: :laugh:

They're even unwrapped for you so you don't have to waste time unwrapping them as you're consuming the 1200 calories.
  • joedfro
    joedfro Posts: 270
    Options
    to all those who are MFP friends (all those here who aren't...why not?) do not look at my diary today!!!!!

I will be doing my xfactor dvd tonight, but that will only knock out about 270 cals....i may be riding stationary bike forever tonight!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    to all those who are MFP friends (all those here who aren't...why not?)
    Friend request sent
    They're even unwrapped for you so you don't have to waste time unwrapping them as you're consuming the 1200 calories.
    The Reese's I found were these:

301-reeses-pb-cup-a-zoom.jpg?w=300&h=300
    Can I deduct calories because I had to unwrap them first?
  • joedfro
    Options
    you most certainly can!!!!
  • btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Love Reeses cups!!

Ran to Metabolic Conditioning class tonight and back home. It was cold and windy. I really want some Spring before we're sunk deep into hot and humid Summer! So about 5k total back and forth with circuit training in between.

Need chocolate!
  • Rindy12
    Rindy12 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I got in a slow 6 mile run tonight and it felt good. It was great to have my normal path clear of snow and puddles.

I love Reese's, that's my favorite candy. That's also my son's favorite candy and he bring them home from work on a regular basis. I'm learning to have good will power, I used to give in and have some. Now days I give in only once every couple weeks. That and ice cream are two things I will never give up completely. It's all about moderation, right?
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    Options
    I don't love Reese's. Sorry, it's true. But give me a bar of good dark chocolate (72%) and a jar of JIF crunchy and I can't be held responsible for my actions.

I was in a crap mood driving home tonight and thought "I need to run. I need to run outside." I had time before my trainer session,and the thought of running on the treadmill made me feel even more homicidal, so I came home. Flew in the house, pulled off my work clothes, pulled on fewer layers than I've had to wear in months (it was 35 and sunny!), laced up my shoes and flew back out the door. The roads still kind of stunk from last week's snow so there were puddles and icy spots, but I made really good time (for me) anyway - 5K in 36:08. And that's with puddle leaping! If I had time for another mile I probably would have shaken off the last of my bad mood, but my upper body/ab workout took care of that.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    You are a superhero, Laura

Those bitty Reese's and the Easter egg ones are the best.
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Great runs everyone!! Nice 5K time there Laura!! Y'all are making me crave some Reese's now!

I finally decided to hire a coach to work up a custom training plan for me. My wife did it a couple of weeks ago and I really liked what he came up with. I just got my plan yesterday, at least the first 4 weeks of it. He'll add more later. I wasn't planning on running yesterday but he had me scheduled for 3 easy miles. I wanted to go to the gym too so for the sake of saving time I ran on the treadmill and then did my strength training. HATED the treadmill and wont do that again! When I finish this training plan I'll pay for another that takes me through my marathon in November (each plan is 18 weeks).
  • btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Went to RunSmart class this morning. 5.5 minutes on the treadmill, squat routine, 5.5 minutes on the treadmill, squat routine, then done, but my legs will be howling about it all day. I can tell.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    I have to walk after every mile on the treadmill, Tim.
  • joedfro
    Options
    Awesome about getting a coach , Tim.

Laura..you are simply amazing.

Rindy...my legs are howling after reading your post.

Everyone here makes me feel like a slacker at times. I didn't run yesterday, but I did do my workout (i am on week 2 of an 8 week dvd program) Can't tell if there are any visual differences, but it's the same workout each week for the 3 days..and each day I can do more and burn more...so I think it's helping.

also, I think I may go to bed earlier than everyone else. always seems like there is a flurry of activity after I lay down..lol
  • timeasterday
    Options
    also, I think I may go to bed earlier than everyone else. always seems like there is a flurry of activity after I lay down..lol

Me too. I go to bed at 9PM Atlanta time. Gotta be up at 4:45am every morning.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    Options
    I have to walk after every mile on the treadmill, Tim.

I break it up too. If it's a really short run (2-3 miles) I usually walk a quarter mile between every mile I run. The couple times I've done a little longer run (6 miles) I'll usually run 2 mile intervals with a break in between. Last time I alternated 2 miles on the treadmill with 10 minutes on the bike just to keep it fresh. I did 10 minutes on the bike before & after for my warm-up/cool-down as well so it ended up being a really good workout.
  • timeasterday
    Options
    I won't be doing the treadmill again. I feel sore in places that I usually don't feel sore (at least after running). My inner thighs feel like the day after a ball pilates class. And my shins are achy too.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Awesome about getting a coach , Tim.

Laura..you are simply amazing.

Rindy...my legs are howling after reading your post.

Everyone here makes me feel like a slacker at times. I didn't run yesterday, but I did do my workout (i am on week 2 of an 8 week dvd program) Can't tell if there are any visual differences, but it's the same workout each week for the 3 days..and each day I can do more and burn more...so I think it's helping.

If you can do more, then you know it's helping. The visual difference is mostly vascularity. A man can add about 2 pounds of muscle a month MAX, probably closer to one. One pound after four weeks across your entire body is...eh. It's a lifetime process.

PLEASE don't take me for an expert though - Sarauk would probably find three holes in what I just typed. It's what I'm understanding from bb.com, etc, though.
  • timeasterday
    Options
    Per the coach's plan tonight I did 4 miles easy @ 10:00 pace then 6x 100m hill climbs. Weather was nice and it was great to get out with the running group.
  • joedfro
    Options
    nice easy run tim

tonight i did warmup/cooldown 5 min @ 10:00
    3 sets of :40 @ 6:00 with 1:30 recovery @ 10:00

was at about 1.8 miles and ran it on out for an even 3 miles...average @9:39

would be close to bedtime now...but basketball!