Daily Check In Thread -- 10k+ version

Options

Replies

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Finally got a chance to catch up on the thread- everyone is doing great!

I am back home and back to work today. Thanks to miserable weather, I'll be running inside this week. At least I've got the gym!

This is one of the reasons I run:

007f0f95-f259-468f-88fe-7c1e765c4988_zps2e00b405.jpg

My beautiful new grand daughter!
  • romyhorse
    romyhorse Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Your granddaughter is so cute Ceci!

I managed to motivate myself enough to do some weightlifting yesterday. I made the mistake of picking up where I left off 3 weeks ago rather than dropping back a bit. I am so sore today! Couldn't even pick up my towel off the floor after my shower today! Did an uphill 4k run today and it was a real struggle but I was only 10 seconds outside my target pace so I was happy with that in the end.
  • solardippo
    solardippo Posts: 54 Member
    Options

My beautiful new grand daughter!
    She is beautiful!
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Ceci, your granddaughter is beautiful. Thanks for sharing this picture. She's really sweet.
  • joedfro
    joedfro Posts: 270
    Options
    Started up with a plan from gipis for my half in May...there is some speedwork involved so i am kinda excited about that. 2 runs so far this year 4 miles and 2 miles...the cold has been pretty restrictive, but I can't seem to do treadmill. I have a 40:00 run scheduled for today, but at -2 i think i'll push all days this week 1 day forward.
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Beautiful. Congratulations!
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options

I managed to motivate myself enough to do some weightlifting yesterday. I made the mistake of picking up where I left off 3 weeks ago rather than dropping back a bit. I am so sore today! Couldn't even pick up my towel off the floor after my shower today! Did an uphill 4k run today and it was a real struggle but I was only 10 seconds outside my target pace so I was happy with that in the end.

Wow! Rest up, you certainly worked for it. Wow.
  • madmiss
    madmiss Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Congrats ceci!!!!

Solar- that's so flipping awesome!!!! Congrats on getting incredible times, and for meeting a new friend ;) it is strange going slower but then you get to do fun things like work on your form and you can go even longer because you're not as tired! 8 miles too congrats!!!!! You have so many firsts this weekend, congrats!!!!!!!

Go romy!!!! And go Rindy!!!!

I am officially sick. I'm mad because I did it to myself, but it's my birthday week, so hopefully Ill be healthy in time to run on the big 3-5 day on Thursday ;)
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Ceci - your grand daughter is like a rosebud!

Solar- it's good that you've. Found somebody to do speedwork with. At the rate you're going you'd HAVE to dress like Braveheart to get adequate speedwork.

I'm so impressed with everybody. I can see your dedication pay off with every post.

I managed to do another 30 minutes on the 'mill with 12:30 miles.

Get well miss!
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Ceci your granddaughter is beautiful! Excellent reason to keep running.

Solar congrats on those times! That's blazing fast.

Varda way to dig deep and conquer the treadmill today.

Romy it's a wonderful/horrible feeling all at the same time, isn't it?

Rindy way to dig deep and conquer the treadmill too! I find if I listen to music but have the TV on with CC, that seems to be my magic combination of keeping distracted.

I did 2 miles on the treadmill today before what was supposed to be an "easy" total body workout with my trainer, which was not at all easy. Adjusted my speed every quarter mile (between 4.8 and 5.3) with a steady 1.0 incline.
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Ceci - awwww, sooo cute!! Congrats on your granddaughter!

Brrrr! It was 7°F as I drove to work this morning. Sure am glad I'm not out running right now. It won't get much above 20 today but I do need to do a short run this afternoon in my minimal shoes. At least the sun should be out.
  • PaytraB
    Options
    Started up with a plan from gipis for my half in May...there is some speedwork involved so i am kinda excited about that. 2 runs so far this year 4 miles and 2 miles...the cold has been pretty restrictive, but I can't seem to do treadmill. I have a 40:00 run scheduled for today, but at -2 i think i'll push all days this week 1 day forward.

Nice work! It's hard to get out in the cold and still you're doing it. The training sounds rather exciting. Let us know how it goes. I've never done and "official" training for running (other than following the C25K program).
  • PaytraB
    Options

Nice work! It's hard to get out in the cold and still you're doing it. The training sounds rather exciting. Let us know how it goes. I've never done and "official" training for running (other than following the C25K program).

Varda, way to hit the treadmill. Today will be a treadmill workout for me, too. It'll be dark by the time I get home from work. Can't wait for the longer days again.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody, I think she's pretty special!

I hit the gym yesterday. Got in a 2+ mile run (2.37 miles in 25 minutes including warm-up and cool down) and then 7 miles on the stationary bicycle!
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    My wife & I went out for a short 5K run in this 24°F weather. Sun was shining which felt nice but every now and then the wind would pick up which wasn't nice. I wore my NB Minimus shoes and it felt even better than my first run in those shoes last week. I'll keep doing a short run in them each week to get used to them. Pace was 9:00 today. Tomorrow night is track intervals!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    You are a rockstar, Tim!
  • madmiss
    madmiss Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'm kinda glad I don't have the body health to run today!!!! It was freezing - I hate being sick tho, I'm running on Thursday regardless - my body has one day to get this snot out ;) especially since I ate so much yesterday - I feel gross not running ;(

Glad you're loving the new shoes Tim! Everyone is doing great!!!
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Not a running day today for me, but I did sign up for a half marathon training group that starts in March. Pretty nervous about it actually. My chiropractor (who runs marathons) coaches the group & this is the 2nd year he's done it. He gave me a copy of last year's schedule and the run schedule doesn't intimidate me, but to date I've only run alone so that aspect is scary. I was on the fence, but my trainer gave me a push and told me it would be good for me to do it. Apparently he wants me to learn how to play with other children. :wink:
  • bttrthanevr
    bttrthanevr Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    AWWWWW!!! Ceci, you granddaughter is precious!

I am thrilled to death! Everyone seems to be doing so well!!!

Dip: Super duper congratulations on your sub-30 minute 5K. I want one of those for myself! And...You probably are running differently when you are running slower. Try running slower but keep your cadence consistent with the cadence you run when you run faster. The slower pace is probably changing your form.

Rindy: Congratulations for defeating the Blerch! You rock!

Laura: I so excited for your HM training!!!! You will love it. I have complete confidence that you will play well with others!

Tim: That's warm weather to me at this point! LOL!

Madmiss: Aw...poor thing. Hope you feel better tomorrow.

I got distracted...I forgot to tell you about my run tonight! I'm getting faster! I forgot my headphones, so I was running without music. I thought that might suck, BUT my first mile was 8:36! I was working hard and pushing a bit, but not going all out. My second mile I got a stitch and I tried to very consciously back off the pace, but I still ran 3 miles in just under 32 mins! I'm so happy!!! I just have to pinch myself! That first mile was 45 seconds FASTER than the mile intervals I was doing before my leg procedures. Apparently no music=faster me! Now, if only races were on completely flat climate controlled courses...;-)
  • joedfro
    joedfro Posts: 270
    Options
    Finally hit 30 degrees...sooo... 50 minutes @ 10:03 per mile...